Texas: Gay-marriage ban best for chil...

Texas: Gay-marriage ban best for children

There are 685 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jul 29, 2014, titled Texas: Gay-marriage ban best for children. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Texas' ban on same-sex marriage allows the state to promote the birth and upbringing of children in "stable, lasting relationships," the state's attorney general argued Tuesday while asking a federal appeals court to reinstate the ban.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#687 Aug 18, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for you to learn to count. It's been explained Frankie, and those who aren't idiots understand that two is greater than three, and polygamy is a completely separate issue from same sex marriage. Were you not an imbecile, you might understand.
Of course it's a separate issue from same sex marriage, so it traditional marriage. The numbers are irrelevant. Were you not an imbecile you would provide that list of 'greater protections.' You are, so you can't.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#688 Aug 18, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Of course it's a separate issue from same sex marriage, so it traditional marriage.
Of course, traditional marriage, being legal in all 50 states, is not at issue. Do try to keep up, dullard.
Wondering wrote:
The numbers are irrelevant.
No, they aren't, moron. Particularly seeing as they are relevant to the very definition of polygamy.
Grow a brain.
Wondering wrote:
Were you not an imbecile you would provide that list of 'greater protections.' You are, so you can't.
I have, you are off topic, and you are an idiot.

Buh bye, moron.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#689 Aug 18, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's a separate issue from same sex marriage, so it traditional marriage. The numbers are irrelevant. Were you not an imbecile you would provide that list of 'greater protections.' You are, so you can't.
lides is an idiot. He says polygamy should be illegal because it "seeks a new and greater protection of the law". But he cannot explain this concept of "greater protection of the law" because it doesn't exist. It's something he made up and it's meaningless. Truly an idiot.

We all get equal protection, no more, no less. That's what equal means of course. But it sounds good eh? "Polygamy seeks greater protection".
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#690 Aug 18, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, traditional marriage, being legal in all 50 states, is not at issue. Do try to keep up, dullard.
<quoted text>
No, they aren't, moron. Particularly seeing as they are relevant to the very definition of polygamy.
Grow a brain.
<quoted text>
I have, you are off topic, and you are an idiot.
Buh bye, moron.
You lie. You have never posted a list of "greater protections" because there is no such thing. We all get equal protection of the law squeaky. That's it. No more, no less. That's what equal means. Duh.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#691 Aug 18, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
What's that matter Alan. Can't even come up with your own material, so you have to plagiarize?
The fact of the matter remains that Wondering is too stupid to create an argument in favor of their position or to stay on topic. While you area troll arguing both side of the issue and care neither about having a valid argument or being on topic.
Can you indicate any information that supports Texas' inane assertion that a gay marriage ban is best for children?
Your memory is shorter than your penis lides. I have ALWAYS supported gay's adopting children, both single gays and couples. All the facts and all the evidence show that gays do a good job, indeed a better job, raising children and that they are willing to take on what are called "difficult to adopt" children with health issues or children who are older.

If you weren't a Gay Nazi you would be honest about my support of the gay community and you would acknowledge my consistency in advocating freedom and liberty for gay people as well as bakers who have the right to discriminate.

For the last two years you have tried to rally gay people against me to advance your fascist philosophy while the whole entire time I have advocated liberty and freedom for gay people.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#692 Aug 18, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
You lie. You have never posted a list of "greater protections" because there is no such thing. We all get equal protection of the law squeaky. That's it. No more, no less. That's what equal means. Duh.
Frankie, learn to count. no greater list that quantity is warranted, because your argument is patently absurd. Even a child could understand quantity.

If Chris has two jolly ranchers, and Jane has three, who has more?

Twit.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#693 Aug 18, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
lides is a jackass.
lides is a fascist. Hey, were both right!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#694 Aug 18, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have successfully debunked all your arguments.
I have also successfully debunked all of lides arguments as have many others. And that is why all of his posts are devoid of substance and consist only of insults and name calling. Fascist Nazi Pigs are just like that and there seems to be little we can do to help the poor lad.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#695 Aug 18, 2014
People should be free to engage in any economic enterprise without permission or interference from the state. Thus libertarians oppose all occupational licensure laws and all economic regulations of business activity. Libertarians also believe that people have the right to keep whatever they earn and decide for themselves what to do with their own money–spend it, invest it, save it, hoard it, or donate it.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#696 Aug 18, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
lides is a fascist. Hey, were both right!
Sorry, kiddo, lides is just arguing for equality under the law, like the US Constitution demands.

You're the one who seemingly cannot offer an on topic argument, resorting instead to infantile ad hominem attacks..

Tell me, Alan, how does a gay marriage ban help children?

How is promoting equality under the law fascist?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#698 Aug 18, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie, learn to count. no greater list that quantity is warranted, because your argument is patently absurd. Even a child could understand quantity.
If Chris has two jolly ranchers, and Jane has three, who has more?
Twit.
I can count real good. Got me a masters degree in science. If you really think "can't count" is an argument against marriage freedom, you're truly an idiot.

"Can't count" is the same argument used against you- "Can't tell a man from a woman" Why was it stupid when used against you but smart when used against people you hate? Because you're stupid. But we're not.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#699 Aug 18, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
lides is an idiot. He says polygamy should be illegal because it "seeks a new and greater protection of the law". But he cannot explain this concept of "greater protection of the law" because it doesn't exist. It's something he made up and it's meaningless. Truly an idiot.
We all get equal protection, no more, no less. That's what equal means of course. But it sounds good eh? "Polygamy seeks greater protection".
lides is inconsistent and lies from both sides of his mouth. How do I know this? Well for one thing he is inconsistent and lies from both sides of his mouth, and the other is that that is exactly what he accuses others of; CLEARLY he is looking in the mirror and is telling us about himself.

It is good that you keep reminding lides about his fence sitting Frankie. Someday he just might give up his insane posturing and decide to become a human being instead of a Nazi Fascist Pig like his is now with all his inconsistencies.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#700 Aug 18, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I can count real good.
No, Frankie, you can't. This is why you repeatedly and ineptly make an utterly irrelevant argument, and fail to understand that it is neither apt, nor is it relevant.

An intelligent person would redouble their efforts using a relevant argument. So, either you cannot count, or you are an idiot, possibly both.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#701 Aug 18, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, kiddo, lides is just arguing for equality under the law, like the US Constitution demands.
You're the one who seemingly cannot offer an on topic argument, resorting instead to infantile ad hominem attacks..
Tell me, Alan, how does a gay marriage ban help children?
How is promoting equality under the law fascist?
See lides, there is really no point in defending myself against your baseless and wholly unconvincing accusations. It truly is a complete waste of time. You might just as well ask me how eating jelly donuts helps weight loss in diabetics and accuse me of handing out candy at Halloween.

You do not believe in freedom, you believe in the State. And you believe we should all kowtow and worship the state, like you do. You look to the State for all your answers. Freedom and liberty is the answer lides and that is why you are a fascist Nazi lying scumbag.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#702 Aug 18, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I can count real good. Got me a masters degree in science. If you really think "can't count" is an argument against marriage freedom, you're truly an idiot.
"Can't count" is the same argument used against you- "Can't tell a man from a woman" Why was it stupid when used against you but smart when used against people you hate? Because you're stupid. But we're not.
Good post Frankie. lides would have us believe he is for equality yet he advocates against equality and for partiality all the time. He says he is for marriage equality but he is only for same sex marriage and he won't stop telling this lie, indeed, he insists he is not telling lies.

It is a waste of time trying to deal with any one so stupid as to be a Fascist Nazi Scumbag. And that is exactly what lides is.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#703 Aug 18, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have also successfully debunked all of lides arguments as have many others. And that is why all of his posts are devoid of substance and consist only of insults and name calling. Fascist Nazi Pigs are just like that and there seems to be little we can do to help the poor lad.

Lately lides isn't even bothering with an argument, he just declares anyone he disagrees with is a "dullard" or an "idiot" and somehow expects that to fly. How ironic.

Also he simply lies when you corner him and ask for his argument. He says he already gave it many times. He also expects that to fly. The lad is a real loser hardly worth bothering with if it weren't a little amusing. I think he went to the Mona Lott school of debate.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#704 Aug 18, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, Alan, how does a gay marriage ban help children?
How is promoting equality under the law fascist?
Since February 2009 I have been posting my support for marriage freedom and the same rights for homosexuals as everyone else enjoys. I have posted close to 30,000 pro gay messages and you ask me how a gay marriage ban helps children.

That is criminally insane lides. You fascists play your deceptive Nazi games like this trying to rally some people against other people just because it amuses you to do so.

No normal person believes you even know what equality is let alone that you promote it.

Liberty and freedom are vastly superior to equality and fairness. Liberty and freedom are objective while equality and fairness are buzz words of the criminally insane politician and they are completely subjective which means equality has no meaning at all. You use it to cover up the harsh realities of the Fascist society you wish to impose on all of us.

When you can defend the bakers right to refuse service, then you can claim to believe in equality, until then you are just posting your brain farts.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#705 Aug 18, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Frankie, you can't. This is why you repeatedly and ineptly make an utterly irrelevant argument, and fail to understand that it is neither apt, nor is it relevant.
An intelligent person would redouble their efforts using a relevant argument. So, either you cannot count, or you are an idiot, possibly both.
An intelligent person will read what Frankie has to say, they will consider his arguments and if they are at least reasonable they will conclude you are lying and misrepresenting Frankie because you like to play your sick Nazi Fascist games on us.

When you can say that a man has a right to marry two men just as much as he has the right to marry one man, then someone might consider taking you seriously. Until then you'll keep posting your prejudiced mean spirited hate-filled posts advocating that only people you approve of should get married.

And next you have to say the state has no right to force bakers to bake cakes.

A person has the fundamental right to associate with anyone he chooses and on any basis he chooses. He might be the biggest bigot in the world, choosing only to associate with white supremacists, but that’s what freedom is all about — the right to make whatever choices one wants in his life, so long as his conduct is peaceful — i.e., no murder, rape, theft, fraud, or other violent assaults against others.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#706 Aug 18, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Since February 2009 I have been posting my support for marriage freedom and the same rights for homosexuals as everyone else enjoys. I have posted close to 30,000 pro gay messages and you ask me how a gay marriage ban helps children.
That is criminally insane lides. You fascists play your deceptive Nazi games like this trying to rally some people against other people just because it amuses you to do so.
No normal person believes you even know what equality is let alone that you promote it.
Liberty and freedom are vastly superior to equality and fairness. Liberty and freedom are objective while equality and fairness are buzz words of the criminally insane politician and they are completely subjective which means equality has no meaning at all. You use it to cover up the harsh realities of the Fascist society you wish to impose on all of us.
When you can defend the bakers right to refuse service, then you can claim to believe in equality, until then you are just posting your brain farts.
Yet, you post arguments against those who are truly supporters of equal rights.

Alan, you are a troll arguing both sides of the issue.

The baker broke the law, and you are an idiot, incapable of advancing a rational argument in defense of his illegal actions.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#707 Aug 18, 2014
Yet when it came to sexual freedom, Montana Republicans cast aside their support for individual liberty, private property, and a free society because they viewed certain sex acts as immoral.

One representative said “he holds no ill will toward gay people, but he and other Republicans opposed the legislation and similar efforts along religious lines.” Another representative said,“There is an enormous biblical principle here. There is a truth. I know that public opinion may be swaying with the time but the truth does not sway and so it was default to scripture.”

The real issue here is one of freedom, not scripture, religion, or morality. Like the subject of consuming raw milk, the morality or immorality of certain sex acts is immaterial. And laws against the sexual practices of consenting adults in their own homes are likewise inconsistent with individual liberty, private property, and a free society. That a given act is a sin, a vice, or an immoral activity doesn’t mean that it should be a crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawyers: Texas inmate facing execution lacked l... 2 hr e williams 2
News 'No one should have to die to come to America':... 5 hr Red Crosse 33
Norcross brothers behind troll factories 14 hr Tony 1
George and Donald Norcross behind troll factories 15 hr Tony 1
News At least 3 drown trying to cross Rio Grande; 7 ... 15 hr Laredo 1
News This Gay Man Wants to End Texas' War Against LG... 22 hr Wondering 30
News The Latest: Top Texas police chiefs oppose - ba... Wed Farting Billl 2
More from around the web