Mexican Drivers May Avoid Tolls on El Paso Toll Road

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: KMID 27

As El Paso prepares for its first toll lanes, officials in the border city are struggling with a question that, for geographical reasons, has been less of a concern in Dallas, Austin or Houston, where toll roads are prevalent and proliferating: Will Mexican drivers get a free ride? El Paso will have an electronic tolling system, the same kind that ... (more)

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tommy Lee Trouser

El Paso, TX

#1 Aug 28, 2012
Mexican drivers already get a free ride with not paying red-light camera tickets in El Paso, what's the big deal about them not paying for toll-road use? "Machas gracias El paso", for letting the Mexican citizens use your toll roads for free and letting them get away from not paying red-light camera tickets. You program designers are real smart.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#2 Aug 28, 2012
Tommy Lee Trouser wrote:
Mexican drivers already get a free ride with not paying red-light camera tickets in El Paso, what's the big deal about them not paying for toll-road use? "Machas gracias El paso", for letting the Mexican citizens use your toll roads for free and letting them get away from not paying red-light camera tickets. You program designers are real smart.
So does that mean when I go to Mexico and used their toll roadswith my Texas plates which they have by the way. I don't have to pay for there useage right or any other tickets they dish out right? Come on pal its a 2 way street right? Some how I geta feelin it don't work this way and its only a 1 way street right?
James Russell USNR

El Paso, TX

#3 Aug 28, 2012
Tommy Lee Trouser wrote:
Kind'a like when your daughter is on my johnson.
Mike Hayes

Mesa, AZ

#4 Aug 28, 2012
Why am I not surprise. And again tax payers was left out of the final decisions .
James Russell USNR

El Paso, TX

#5 Aug 29, 2012
Mike Hayes wrote:
Why am I not surprise. And again tax payers was left out of the final decisions .
We need to stop farting around and grab the bull by the balls before we're all screwed six ways to Sunday.

Since: Feb 12

Waltham, MA

#6 Aug 29, 2012
Why not just put the toll booths in and forget the fancy electronic crap. It won't work here in El Pso as the city panders to the Mexicans and unless we force the issue they will never pay.
It goes back to the issue of parking tickets, speeding tickets, and red light tickets that are not paid by the ones with Mexican plates. Jtown complained about US residents not paying tickets from there when there are many more that owe money to El Pso. The city backed the Jtown complaint and talked about how bad it was that people here owed that money to Jtown while doing nothing to get the money owed to us.
This is just another case of El Paso getting screwed.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#7 Aug 29, 2012
UR BS wrote:
Why not just put the toll booths in and forget the fancy electronic crap. It won't work here in El Pso as the city panders to the Mexicans and unless we force the issue they will never pay.
It goes back to the issue of parking tickets, speeding tickets, and red light tickets that are not paid by the ones with Mexican plates. Jtown complained about US residents not paying tickets from there when there are many more that owe money to El Pso. The city backed the Jtown complaint and talked about how bad it was that people here owed that money to Jtown while doing nothing to get the money owed to us.
This is just another case of El Paso getting screwed.
Well for starters ElPaso is a place that welcomes the the people please give us your children for free schooling free breakfast free lunch free books free this free that. We sure as hell don't want to get these people upset now do we? I will meet any person they can pick any PUBLIC school in ElPaso I will point out any school with someone letting children out of their vehicles with Chihuahua plates on it. Any takers time and place please
lololol

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Aug 29, 2012
amnesty is amnesty
they are the obama chosen ones for now !!!
Ugly reality

United States

#9 Aug 29, 2012
Mr_D_ ElPaso wrote:
<quoted text> Well for starters ElPaso is a place that welcomes the the people please give us your children for free schooling free breakfast free lunch free books free this free that. We sure as hell don't want to get these people upset now do we? I will meet any person they can pick any PUBLIC school in ElPaso I will point out any school with someone letting children out of their vehicles with Chihuahua plates on it. Any takers time and place please
Until the voters recover control and CUT the school tax entirely,

Fund it by TUITION of attending students.

These damn parasites will melt away.........
Ugly reality

United States

#10 Aug 29, 2012
lololol wrote:
amnesty is amnesty
And we can change that!

Waltham, MA

#11 Aug 29, 2012
Ugly reality wrote:
<quoted text>
And we can change that!
Hopefully we will in Nov. The problem is here in El Paso there are more straight ticket Dumocrat voters than in any other city in Texas.
PAY FOR IT

United States

#12 Aug 29, 2012
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully we will in Nov. The problem is here in El Paso there are more straight ticket Dumocrat voters than in any other city in Texas.
We must keep at it!

TUITION is GOOD!

El Paso, TX

#13 Aug 29, 2012
PAY FOR IT wrote:
<quoted text>
We must keep at it!
TUITION is GOOD!
I paid for my kids and now am paying for my grandkids in private schools so I am all for tuition and school uniforms.

They talked about vouchers a while back. Well I say give me a voucher for the tuition I am paying and have paid. That voucher works for me.
PAY FOR IT

United States

#14 Aug 29, 2012
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
I paid for my kids and now am paying for my grandkids in private schools so I am all for tuition and school uniforms.
They talked about vouchers a while back. Well I say give me a voucher for the tuition I am paying and have paid. That voucher works for me.
It will allow the parents to secure an education in the school of choice.

FAILING SCHOOLS will be required to compete,fix or close.

Operate it like a business.

The entire crap of EPISF would never have happened if this was the case.
Wrong decision

United States

#15 Aug 29, 2012
The discriminating decision could very well close the entire thing....
Wrong decision

United States

#16 Aug 29, 2012
Wrong decision wrote:
The discriminating decision could very well close the entire thing....
Everyone pays or no one pays...

Blockade from day one until it's decided!
Ruben

El Paso, TX

#17 Aug 30, 2012
I would never drive in that sewer you call Juarez so I don't care.
One for all

United States

#18 Aug 30, 2012
One for all and all for one,
The three musketeers would chant.

It's time the same spirit of camaraderie fills the auto users on this piece of highway.

There IS or IS NOT a toll,
But there will be a decision ALL share.
Gullible pawns

United States

#19 Aug 30, 2012
lololol wrote:
amnesty is amnesty
They are nothing more than gullible pawns in obammmas desperate ploy
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#20 Aug 30, 2012
I who?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,987
GOP loyalties strained as four Texans ponder pr... 2 hr MardyBP 80
US doctor exposed to Ebola virus admitted to NIH 17 hr the Light 5
Dallas' annual gay pride parade draws thousands... Sep 27 Ed 18
Suspect captured in case of missing UVa student Sep 26 MoonLitSnow 3
Republicans Rally Behind 'Religious Liberty' Sep 26 Le Duped 1
Food Nation Sep 23 Tina Walker 1

Texas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE