Legislators take a mulligan

Legislators take a mulligan

There are 2 comments on the MySanAntonio.com story from Apr 23, 2013, titled Legislators take a mulligan. In it, MySanAntonio.com reports that:

The Texas House on Tuesday stuck a fork in the state lottery commission, then resuscitated the agency hours later, realizing that dissolving it would create an unwieldy budget gap for schools and charities that depend on their cut.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MySanAntonio.com.

dennis garwitz

Grand Prairie, TX

#1 May 11, 2013
The people in the legislature who are religious nuts like Rick Perry probably voted to do away with it and the Democrats probably told them guess what Louie Ghomert you just f---ked up.

Since: Sep 12

Makati, Philippines

#2 Jun 28, 2013
I wonder why are they against the lottery? Where in fact the government is receiving a great amount of revenue from it. If they are going to remove the lottery they should think of a better way to generate money to finance the programs of the government.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News First openly gay Texas A&M student president ho... 5 hr 16 TEEN SHOTS 9
News Paul Ryan budget proposal threatens housing aid... 15 hr WarForOil 116
News Rick Perry accuses Texas A&M's first gay studen... 15 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 6
News North Texas woman reported missing found safe 4... 20 hr MissingPhartss 1
News Undocumented women, desperate to avoid ICE, are... Wed PayupSucka 29
bad seeds just maybe whats next will trump ryne... Wed crazy thing ever ... 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Wed Bbzzoo 63,543
More from around the web