Texas Supreme Court agrees to hear Fort Worth Episcopal dispute

Sep 4, 2012 Full story: Star-Telegram.com 8

The nearly 4-year-old property dispute between the two groups that claim to be the Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth is heading to the Texas Supreme Court.

Full Story
Listen to the Word

Kingman, AZ

#1 Sep 4, 2012
My guess is that TEC will win since secular courts do not and cannot make doctrinal decisions.

It is typical TEC tactics -- drive away the people through repulsive changes in teachings, refuse to work with them on the property and endowments for which TEC paid zero and made no sacrifices, work out deals to undersell the properties to anyone other than the former TEC members who are leaving the nauseating apostasy, and then blubber about who sad it is that these empty buildings are no longer witnesses to the gospel -- as if TEC officials could recognize the gospel if it hit them in the face.

I know it is hard to start over, but those who were smart enough to leave TEC should have been content to leave TEC have the properties they covet so dearly. It isn't worth the aggravation.

The whole thing is part of TEC's "growth by decline" strategy. Look for more losses.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#2 Sep 5, 2012
Listen to the Word wrote:
My guess is that TEC will win since secular courts do not and cannot make doctrinal decisions.
It is typical TEC tactics -- drive away the people through repulsive changes in teachings, refuse to work with them on the property and endowments for which TEC paid zero and made no sacrifices, work out deals to undersell the properties to anyone other than the former TEC members who are leaving the nauseating apostasy, and then blubber about who sad it is that these empty buildings are no longer witnesses to the gospel -- as if TEC officials could recognize the gospel if it hit them in the face.
I know it is hard to start over, but those who were smart enough to leave TEC should have been content to leave TEC have the properties they covet so dearly. It isn't worth the aggravation.
The whole thing is part of TEC's "growth by decline" strategy. Look for more losses.
You are a broken record of wretched, blubbering, whining, misdirecting, deliberate deafness. It is typical of people like you to name yourselves as ones who listen. But, the truth is that you are exactly the opposite.

You are deliberately deaf. You would make everyone else deaf, too, if you could.

"Your guess" is that TEC was correct in the first place and now, you try to paint the action of rogue absconders as justified because of what you call "repulsive teachings."

Those "repulsive teachings" you detest are the teachings of Christ Jesus.

If the "losses" to the membership of TEC you so fervently expect and desire to see are to come with an exodus of the people who blatantly refuse to let go of their hypocritical and bigoted, discriminational and segregational views,....

well then, we disciples of Christ Jesus who remain in TEC will just have to let them go. We will then hope for a time in the future when it becomes apparent to those, who have left under these misguided precepts in order to hold onto their bigotry, that they have made a series of seriously wrong choices.

You are "Lot's wife" who cannot bring yourself to let go of the habits and attitudes with which you have become so familiarized and comfortable. Yet, it is these very attitudes that the Lord has come to you to awaken you and bring you out of to free you of the certain destruction that will be their result.

But, you cannot let go. You are becoming a pillar of salt. As you become this, you will become stranded between what you know to be the right thing to do and what you cannot stop yourself from doing.

You are an addict to your bigotry and hypocrisy.

Rev. Ken

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#3 Sep 6, 2012
Besides a select number of my family what good can ever come out of Texas?

Location hidden

#4 Sep 6, 2012
T McCabe wrote:
LOL!!!....

T McCabe, you must be a great granddaughter of Sam Houston.
Think Again

Farmville, NC

#5 Sep 6, 2012
T McCabe wrote:
If we were to judge TN using you as an example, I would have to say everyone in the state is a blithering idiot. But I know that isn't the case. You are just one of the few idiots in the state.
Think Again

Farmville, NC

#6 Sep 6, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>

You are an addict to your bigotry and hypocrisy.
Ken
You are addict to promoting your sin and the sin of others. I shudder to think of the souls you have led astray and what you will have to answer for on judgement day.

Location hidden

#7 Sep 7, 2012
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
You are addict to promoting your sin and the sin of others. I shudder to think of the souls you have led astray and what you will have to answer for on judgement day.
I don't lead souls astray, TA.

If I am given an opportunity to lead, I lead, with conviction in the Teachings and Gospel of the Lord Jesus and with a sincere belief that I, myself, have been forgiven.

My experience has been that an inordinate fear and the teaching and indoctrination of guilt and shame is a belief system that is more obstructive than it is instructive. Though Jesus is a powerful taskmaster, He has always been, to me, a very reassuring and supportive employer.

His Teachings are very clear about certain things, TA. In the entire body of His ministry, one theme stands out. One idea is repeated, over and over. That is, that we are to train ourselves to stand in His Light, with His Love and without fear, constantly reinforcing our trust in our Mother-Father parent, God Almighty. When we are sufficiently sure of ourselves in this Love, we are then encouraged to go, without pretense, taking the spirit of this Love to every one of our fellow Human Beings.

This includes you, TA, and especially people like you who go around corrupting His Teachings and who lay impossible guilt and shame on the poor and the outcast, attempting to convict them of imaginary sins.

If I am wrong, like you say, and am to be slaughtered on Judgment Day, like you suppose, then so be it.

In the meantime, rest assured that every time I find you wreaking havoc among the Children of God by going around looking for and accusing peoople you don't know or understand of committing imaginary infractions, I am going to remind you that Jesus specifically warned you not to do this.

Rev. Ken

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#8 Sep 12, 2012
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
If we were to judge TN using you as an example, I would have to say everyone in the state is a blithering idiot. But I know that isn't the case. You are just one of the few idiots in the state.
Thank God I am a Great Lakes Mid-Westerner from Illinois.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 50,424
Another Bush Will Soon Be In Elected Office 7 hr Dr Wu 40
Expanded Hotline Gives Aging Texans Better Acce... Tue Jason Harrell 1
Life on oil rig hard but lucrative (Apr '12) Tue Happy 137
Judge refuses to toss Perry case on constitutio... Tue Le Duped 2
Texas Bargain Hunters Jam Stores (Nov '06) Tue Paul Bear 2
Texas governor appoints Longview man as court o... Tue Krackerjacks 1
More from around the web