A Few Years, and Then Another Bush?

A Few Years, and Then Another Bush?

There are 34605 comments on the New York Times story from May 28, 2006, titled A Few Years, and Then Another Bush?. In it, New York Times reports that:

Bush III? Or has the dynasty run its course? Those are the questions some Republicans are asking themselves as political talk bubbles up yet again about President Bush's brother Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Times.

Louis

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#31524 Jul 8, 2007
Sapper12-Alpha wrote:
For all of the Red Sox fans-
Tigers 9 Red Sox 2 Final
Hey! I don't get to gloat often. The last time the Sox and Tigers played a series, the Sox took the series.
You gloat nicely.
Tigers have a good team....and I'd much rather they were beaten by the Tigers than the Yankees.
Louis

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#31525 Jul 8, 2007
Proud American wrote:
Hi all!
We've been doing a "lot" of celebrating around here and enjoying every minute we can with Kyle and family.
It's sure been great to have him home and we're all thinking about hiding him out, so he don't have to go back but having "no" luck talking him in to it.
He left a boy and came home a man...and we are all very proud of him.
He's still a very proud soldier and already missing his extended family.
Unlike the news media, he has told us a lot of positive things that our military is doing and side steps, anything else.
We don't ask questions, we let him talk about it all, when he feels like it.
Thx for all of your support and prayer's and "please"...don't believe everything you are hearing from the negative media...we are doing a lot of "positive" good things in the Middle East.
God Bless all of Our Wonderful Troops & Leaders!
Hey PA-
Enjoy------I'm glad your visit is going so well-
I send my support and best wishes to him.
Louis

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#31526 Jul 8, 2007
Sapper12-Alpha wrote:
<quoted text>
I like this quiz. It could possibly be that I missed one question. Of course, I misread the question about how many changes or amendments have been made to the Constitution. I should have known better.
Great post, Blue.
You're right ..it was a good post- But Oops....
I am not pleased with my results though-------didn't do as well as I should have.
Oh well, I know more now than before and that's a good thing.

“Authority isn't leadership”

Since: Jan 07

Winchendon, MA

#31527 Jul 8, 2007
Louis wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right ..it was a good post- But Oops....
I am not pleased with my results though-------didn't do as well as I should have.
Oh well, I know more now than before and that's a good thing.
Every question on that quiz, except the one about the proper form, should have been covered in detail in a high school civic/political science course -- and probably wasn't. The instruction of the political history of this country is woefully lacking in our educational system.

I know the answers only because it is covered fairly well in the military academy that I went to and I love to read history.
Proud American

United States

#31528 Jul 8, 2007
ROB MASPETH wrote:
<quoted text>hi p.a.,i`m so happy for you treasure every minute of i know exactly how you feel, the time goes by so fast.we felt the same way when joe came home when he wants to talk about it he talks about it. well i better let you go and get back to your celebrating please say hello to kyle from all of us here and give him a huge hug and thank him from all of us. god bless him and your family.
Kyle said to be sure and thank-you and he appreciates all of the encouragement...

He is one fine fellow, that does us proud to call him a US of America, soldier…as I'm sure Joe is too.

Thx Rob and be sure and tell your Mother & Joe, "hello" from us all.

“I OWN Cpt 0 and yaddahim”

Since: Feb 07

Mucker!

#31529 Jul 8, 2007
Louis wrote:
<quoted text>
You gloat nicely.
Tigers have a good team....and I'd much rather they were beaten by the Tigers than the Yankees.
LOL. Then I won;t tell you about the next game.

Mucker!

#31530 Jul 8, 2007
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>George W. Bush - AWOL from the National Guard 1972-'73
It's now well established that George W. Bush never showed up for National Guard duty for a period of approximately one year, possibly more, in 1972-1973. Despite all the talk about "honor and dignity," Bush seems to have a problem meeting his commitments.
"Those of us who were in the military wonder how it is that someone who is supposedly serving on active duty...can miss a whole year of service without even explaining where it went," said [Senator John] Kerry.
(Source)
Bush says he's released all his records...if that's true, then has anyone seen:
Any pages from Bush's flight log
Records from the Flight Inquiry Board convened after Bush was suspended as a pilot
Any evidence of Bush's reclassification into another AFSC after suspension as a pilot
Any photos of George Bush in a military uniform after 1972
Anything at all from any Alabama unit with Bush's name on it
Any copies of form 44a from the Alabama National Guard certifying attendance
Air Force Form 142 (Aviation Service Audit Worksheet)
Anything proving service (not just receipt of pay) by Bush between May 1972 and May 1973?
Cheney had better things todo. 5 deferments.
Interesting. Where did you find that?

Since: Apr 07

Small Town Texas

#31531 Jul 9, 2007
Hell no, his brother is about as dumb as he is. No thanks!
Mike

AOL

#31532 Jul 9, 2007
Sapper12-Alpha wrote:
<quoted text>
Just google George Bush military. I can't remember exactly but there are many. Fortunate son. Try Cheney.
In Texas

United States

#31533 Jul 9, 2007
NWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand why the electorial college hasn't been done away with. To me it is just a farce. They should revamp the whole election process so that the incumbent with the most popular vote wins.
You should read the Federalist Papers. This will explain why popular vote is not the way to go. You probably don't have the brains to understand the genius of the system. FYI-The incumbent with the most votes means the challenger always loses.
Mike

AOL

#31534 Jul 9, 2007
Sapper12-Alpha wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush was a deserter.

http://www.glcq.com/bush_at_arpc1.htm

Mucker!

#31535 Jul 9, 2007
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Bush was a deserter.
http://www.glcq.com/bush_at_arpc1.htm
To call him a deserter is a serious charge. There were interesting circumstantial evidence that has led people to wonder and commit to conspiracy theories. The author has researched his politically charged article very well in the areas of Regulations of the Air Force Reserve Components of the time. However, the lack of real hard evidence to his charge is disconcerning. With words such as "only way","possible" , and "suggests" tell me that this is a conspiracy theory.

Now, given his family heritage and the one piece of evidence that stated he could not be rated during a one year period certainly can raise serious questions that, unfortunately, cannot be answered at this time. Of course, I would like to know since GWB holds public office. At the same time, those are records that should stay between the Service and the Servicemember. I will never show anyone my ERB or LES to validate my Service to the Army. I would be apalled if someone attempted to obtain MY records. Now if GWB record as a lawyer was made public, that would be more interesting since it is a indirect coorelation to his public service.

Now where is your internet article on John Kerry's conspiracy theory about his Purple Hearts, swiftboat service, and Navy Records?

Fortunate son? Supplant yourself from the '60s and come off of it. I'm trying to engage in mature conversation with you. I see that is impossible.

Mucker!

#31536 Jul 9, 2007
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Just google George Bush military. I can't remember exactly but there are many. Fortunate son. Try Cheney.
Or... is your context to Fortunate son in reference to GWB?
Mike

AOL

#31537 Jul 9, 2007
Sapper12-Alpha wrote:
<quoted text>
Or... is your context to Fortunate son in reference to GWB?
I guess I should have said another fortunate son. Not many politicians ended up in Nam.

CCR Fortunate Son was written:

This spoke out against the war in Vietnam, but was supportive of the soldiers fighting there. Like many CCR fans, most of the soldiers came from the working class, and were there because they didn't have connections who could get them out. It is sung from the perspective of one of these men, who ends up fighting because he is not a "Senator's son."
Sapper12-Alpha

United States

#31538 Jul 9, 2007
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>I guess I should have said another fortunate son. Not many politicians ended up in Nam.
CCR Fortunate Son was written:
This spoke out against the war in Vietnam, but was supportive of the soldiers fighting there. Like many CCR fans, most of the soldiers came from the working class, and were there because they didn't have connections who could get them out. It is sung from the perspective of one of these men, who ends up fighting because he is not a "Senator's son."
I had to stop and think about the context of message you were sending for a second. I am familiar with the song. Creadance Clearwater Revival was a revolutionary band for the time. Strong riffs with a message in every song. However, I preferred the music of the Eagles, Journey, and Boston even though they were in a later period in Rock history. I also have a liking for the Tri-Chord since the bands from Liverpool, England introduced it.
Proud American

United States

#31539 Jul 9, 2007
Sapper12-Alpha wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to stop and think about the context of message you were sending for a second. I am familiar with the song. Creadance Clearwater Revival was a revolutionary band for the time. Strong riffs with a message in every song. However, I preferred the music of the Eagles, Journey, and Boston even though they were in a later period in Rock history. I also have a liking for the Tri-Chord since the bands from Liverpool, England introduced it.
Sap...r u in PC Ohio?

Mucker!

#31540 Jul 10, 2007
Proud American wrote:
<quoted text>
Sap...r u in PC Ohio?
No, I wasn't. I was in South Central Indiana on a wireless card. I have to travel every now and then. I'll bring my laptop sometimes to unwind. Tomorrow, I'll be in Ft. Knox. However, I probably won't bring my laptop this time. I'll be testing. It was interesting, though. I figured that would have raised your eyebrow.
Proud American

United States

#31541 Jul 10, 2007
Sapper12-Alpha wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I wasn't. I was in South Central Indiana on a wireless card. I have to travel every now and then. I'll bring my laptop sometimes to unwind. Tomorrow, I'll be in Ft. Knox. However, I probably won't bring my laptop this time. I'll be testing. It was interesting, though. I figured that would have raised your eyebrow.
Well it did...u got a HUH...out of me ;)

“Only the good die young”

Since: Dec 06

Altoona, PA

#31542 Jul 10, 2007
Gonzales Was Told of FBI Violations
After Bureau Sent Reports, Attorney General Said He Knew of No Wrongdoing

.....As he sought to renew the USA Patriot Act two years ago, Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales assured lawmakers that the FBI had not abused its potent new terrorism-fighting powers. "There has not been one verified case of civil liberties abuse," Gonzales told senators on April 27, 2005.

Six days earlier, the FBI sent Gonzales a copy of a report that said its agents had obtained personal information that they were not entitled to have. It was one of at least half a dozen reports of legal or procedural violations that Gonzales received in the three months before he made his statement to the Senate intelligence committee, according to internal FBI documents released under the Freedom of Information Act.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

“Only the good die young”

Since: Dec 06

Altoona, PA

#31543 Jul 10, 2007
Official: Iraq gov't missed all targets

...A progress report on Iraq will conclude that the U.S.-backed government in Baghdad has not met any of its targets for political, economic and other reforms, speeding up the Bush administration's reckoning on what to do next, a U.S. official said Monday.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070710/ap_on_go_...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Craig James Sues Fox Sports Alleging Network Fi... 26 min Florida Gator 19
News Texas' attorney general charged with securities... 2 hr Dlr 4
News Poll: Trump leads Walker, Bush 3 hr sandy1 5
News Fort Worth officer accused of soliciting prosti... 6 hr gina 4
News Anti-Gay Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton Char... 9 hr Robert 9
News El Paso man to be executed Aug. 20 for slayings... (Apr '09) 9 hr El Cecil 256
News Family Fights Texas Over 1767 Land Grant 9 hr anonymous 1
More from around the web