Sex Offenders Now Have a Civil Rights...
J ben

Randolph, VT

#910 May 23, 2013
I have a close friend that is a hi risk sex offender and he is on super vision he has been verbally abused for mounts then it turned to extortion for $ or as she sead he can go back to jail so he pays it ask for help and gets told if he don't like it. Leave the county (corrections) this goes on for mounts then it turns for the Worce she want more and more and when she gets it it stills not anougft. Never is. So he gets a camper. Avery outher week tring to move and then after 3 mounts of asking (corrections for help) still not getting it and the verbal abuse gets Worce and it starts to turn in to harassing him over being gay calling him Worce names then any one deserves to be called she sends him a threatening message of how life has a way of butting you in tha. A-- when you dont do whut she expects you to Two hours latter his camper is fully in gulfed in flames she was sitting on the. Porch laughing at it. The abuse gets Worce. She poSt his physical address on the Internet detailes of his crime and all kinds of outher things threats and harassment. It gets so bad over the next two weeks. He hade to fight (corrections) for the right to move and to have a life then after a few days and after extorting all kinds of more monny out of him he starts sleeping in his truck so she has his truck destroyed and throws all his property all over the lAwn in the rain it is a Mested up situation. The text she has sent to so many people and post on face book. Are totally rude and very disrespect full talking about his crime and sexualitdy
google

Tbilisi, Georgia

#911 Jun 4, 2013
Stromquist wrote:
Thats the exception not the rule.
People who prey on kids should be kept off the street for good.
but there are lots of different kind of 'exceptions' like that. so, it is hard to be sure that there is one kind of 'norm' if it embraces a lot of mistaken cases.
dave

Preston, UK

#912 Jun 6, 2013
ive just had to register after admitting posessing indecent images. All my details taken bank credit card passport driver licsence etc. Family details names addresses, why they need all that i dont know, then get a visit at home by a sex offender manager to do it all again. Told they will monitor me every 6 months. Have had phone calls every day since from them and now they want to inform social servics so they can let any of my family that have childeren know. I havent seen any of my family for 20 years. So for something that is meant to be confidential in the uk soon becomes public, would of been easier to paint my house with offender.
chuck

Xenia, IL

#913 Jun 10, 2013
Jamie wrote:
I just received a notice in the mail about a high risk sex offender who lives a block over from me...I have a four year old child and am very concerned...what are my rights?
Can I hand out flyers?
Is he/she suppose to have some sort of sign in their yard to show that they are a sex offender?
They shouldnt be allowed to live in a community close to schools or parks...and we have a school and parks in this subdivision!!!!
Are you sure he committed this crime? Don't judge him just tell your kids to stay away from him. He paid for his crime,Now you want to make him pay more? What are the chances that he will recommit a sex crime?
civilrights

League City, TX

#914 Jun 10, 2013
If you live in an unincorporated area that isn't controlled by a city council, chances are there are no residency restrictions on a offender who has completed their sentence. If they are on parole or probation, then they may be in violation but if they were allowed to register in that location then they could be grandfathered in. If that was their home before the offense there is very little to nothing that can be done to keep them from there.....even in a town or city with residency restrictions. However, laws don't see shades of gray, much like many citizens, and his/her charge may not be a horrendous one. Perhaps you should get out from under your security blanket and get to know your neighbors like we used to. These days, nobody seems to know anything about the people around them except for what is printed in a paper or on the internet and I can tell you with 100% confidence that the stories you read there are always biased. I remember being a kid in a small town. We could walk the streets with shotguns and 22s. We ran around from dawn till dusk and had no cell phones. We also knew everyone for miles....some were weird and we knew that from first hand knowledge and stayed away from them. People weren't so scared then because everyone knew everyone and looked out after each other and all the children in the area. And if we were acting like little demons, there wasn't a parent in the neighborhood that couldn't straighten our little bad asses out and carry us home for more of the same. Point being......get to know someone before you make a monster out of them. You may be very suprised what you find out there in the real world if you would just get off your computer, cell phone, or recliner.
Rob

Palm Coast, FL

#915 Jun 10, 2013
civilrights wrote:
If you live in an unincorporated area that isn't controlled by a city council, chances are there are no residency restrictions on a offender who has completed their sentence. If they are on parole or probation, then they may be in violation but if they were allowed to register in that location then they could be grandfathered in. If that was their home before the offense there is very little to nothing that can be done to keep them from there.....even in a town or city with residency restrictions. However, laws don't see shades of gray, much like many citizens, and his/her charge may not be a horrendous one. Perhaps you should get out from under your security blanket and get to know your neighbors like we used to. These days, nobody seems to know anything about the people around them except for what is printed in a paper or on the internet and I can tell you with 100% confidence that the stories you read there are always biased. I remember being a kid in a small town. We could walk the streets with shotguns and 22s. We ran around from dawn till dusk and had no cell phones. We also knew everyone for miles....some were weird and we knew that from first hand knowledge and stayed away from them. People weren't so scared then because everyone knew everyone and looked out after each other and all the children in the area. And if we were acting like little demons, there wasn't a parent in the neighborhood that couldn't straighten our little bad asses out and carry us home for more of the same. Point being......get to know someone before you make a monster out of them. You may be very suprised what you find out there in the real world if you would just get off your computer, cell phone, or recliner.
How does this have anything to do with what we are talking about here? Yes this country has gone completely mad but no one will do anything about it hell if I had the money I would stand up and say something with legal representation for most of the people who shouldn't be harassed or judged to due past issues 1/3rd of the sex offenders reoffend there is ways to find those 1/3rd of them but what your talking about is government control
civilrights

League City, TX

#916 Jun 11, 2013
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
How does this have anything to do with what we are talking about here? Yes this country has gone completely mad but no one will do anything about it hell if I had the money I would stand up and say something with legal representation for most of the people who shouldn't be harassed or judged to due past issues 1/3rd of the sex offenders reoffend there is ways to find those 1/3rd of them but what your talking about is government control
I was responding to Jamie's question from above and offering some advice.
civilrights

League City, TX

#917 Jun 11, 2013
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stats are also flawed. According to Wikipedia, recidivism for sex offenders is only 5.1 percent. That is in no way 1/3.
civilrights

League City, TX

#918 Jun 11, 2013
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
After further digging, your 1/3 comment may be partially true although only 5% are a new sex charge. Many offenders reoffend with other types of cases or some form of registration violation. Law enforcement personnel tend to make offenders lives very difficult and often charge them for every little thing they can when they'll usually let another go on the same offences.

Since: Jun 11

United States

#919 Jun 11, 2013
Your stats that you are reporting are wrong. I don't know where you're getting these but They are definitely off.

Department of Justice stats say that the recidivism rate is 1.8 to 5 .1 percent. The lowest recidivism rate next to murder.
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
hope12

Syracuse, NY

#920 Jun 21, 2013
I am speechless b/c I know the system...our legal system does not work. I am sorry that you have to endure more.
same here

Denver, CO

#921 Jul 3, 2013
I am in the same situation except my alleged victim said to the police nothing happened and I still was arrested convicted and now fighting for my family and my life back. the worst is like you said there doesn't have to be any evidence just one good lier and your life is gone.The alleged victum was over 18 but because a guy that was rapeing my duaghter beat me up and gave me a level 3 concution claimed he did because I was having sex with one of her friends the police took his word and never even gave me the chance to or questioned me. and on top of it when my daughter came forward the police just said oh well that was consentual with them because they are close in age and she has special needs so she doesn't know what she is saying.
joan

Caracas, Venezuela

#922 Jul 14, 2013
could somebody please tell me if exist any support group or legal group to bring assesory/help to this sex offenders? some help about where to find places to live in florida without break the laws, or simply how to look for jobs without be rejected.
please help me.

Thanks,
David

Dallas, TX

#923 Jul 15, 2013
I too am a registered sex offender and for one bad decision made 14 years ago my life has changed forever. We as a society must come together and calmly discuss how to deal with the issue of protecting everyone from sexual abuse. It must begin with education so that those "pre-offenders" understand the consequences of their future actions. Since the majority of these acts happen in the home to family members, we need to talk about how these things happen, where to go to talk to someone if you have these thoughts, and that help BEFORE it happens is available.

The panic that is writing laws that are unconstitutional and that really do more harm than good, must be stopped. The true predator has probably never been convicted or if they have they are not checking in. Those that have served their time, received treatment and are attempting to make amends and lead productive lives cannot do that because of horrible discrimination and laws that prevent it. I am happily married, serve regularly in church, and am a zero threat to anyone yet if someone were to look me up on the internet they would judge me to be a crazy sicko in a trench coat. Things need to change so we can truly protect everyone from sexual abuse but the way it is being done is eroding America and what it was founded on.
CJlando

Fraserburgh, UK

#924 Jul 30, 2013
Wouldnt it just be easier to castrate all sex offenders?
oh yeah

Fort Worth, TX

#926 Jul 30, 2013
CJlando, You have only showed your ignorance for the subject matter. Please read all comments again and keep in mind that this could some day be a loved member of your family. This law is being abused by some in the legal field only to boost their own careers with no thought of the person they are harming.

Most of those on this board are not talking of true sex offenders, they are talking of those that have been labeled as such and should never have been.

I have never had to experience this in my family--and pray God I never do, but I do have feeling for those that have had to endure the pain.

Keep in mind that what you say about others sometimes comes back and hits you square in the face just like a boomerang. What I am saying is this may someday be you.
rusty

Fort Worth, TX

#927 Jul 31, 2013
Parole states at the bottom of the parole papers, To get you back into the socicity" how ever it's spelled" That's bull-crap... Now they MAKE you fill out a routeing sheet, to every where you need to go, No matter where or for what. Then it has to be approved, before you can go there. If there is a school, daycare or anything to do with kids, you have to take another route, even if it takes you through other peoples living area you don't even know or, how about driving 20 miles out of the way to just get gas, food, whatever a person needs in daily life. Get this though, The day you get off of Parole, you can go ANYWHERE. I almost forgot, only people on parole have to do this... NOT, the ones on probation... AS I said, probation does not do this, BUT, probation WILL extend your sentence.
DoesntMatter

Beatrice, NE

#928 Jul 31, 2013
CJlando is the reason why people on the registry get treated worse than people who murder.

Less than a month into being 19, I was dating a girl whom told me she was 16, I later found that she was a couple months from 16 and was actually 15.

Her ex-boyfriend tells her parents and her parents call the cops, I was going through all of this around election time so I was charged with 3rd degree sexual assault (since my state has no stat rape laws) and got probation for 2years.

I am now married, have a 3year old daughter and it's nearly impossible to get any job but factory work.. I was actually told at one job (after I was given the job at a power plant) that "...the equipment is to sensitive.", yea what am I going to do rape a computer or a shop towel?

To many people are ignorant, and most states have done away with classifications so I went from tier 1 and not being on the internet, to being mashed with all sex offenders and being treated like the neighborhood chomo.

What's really funny is, after the election (literally 3months later), there was a 21yr old whom went to jail for impregnating a 15yr old and ya know what he got? Contributing to the delinquency of a minor..
A leech whom couldn't hold down a job and took in our tax money to live with gets a slap on the wrist.

Politicians don't care about your safety, they just care about getting your vote, and they'll tell you anything to get that.
DoesntMatter

Beatrice, NE

#929 Jul 31, 2013
Let me add that sex offenders are easier to find online than murderers, robbers, and people convicted of manslaughter.

I mean do you want someone breaking into your house at gun point? or someone coming home drunk and running your kids over?
Or would you rather have a hard working honest adult who has a family who fucked up once when he was young with no other charges?

I guess ignorance is bliss, but I prefer to educate myself.
So do the same and quit judging people.. You're not god and I know for a fact half the people who have dogged me were guilty of the same crime, they just weren't caught or convicted.. I was a dumbass and told the truth.

Also 3rd degree sexual assault is a misdemeanor, but no one cares to hear about that.. they just want to lynch the sex offender..

I remember a pastor saying once, "Only believe half of what you see and none of what you hear."

And I'll leave you with that.
coefjr

Fort Worth, TX

#931 Aug 7, 2013
Fellow Human Beings,
I would like to share my thoughts, concerns and expectations about my very uncertain future as a Texas Sex Offender. I guess the thing I struggle with the most is seeing myself the way the system sees me. As I’ve heard mention and I agree there seems to be one box labeled “Most Despicable Child Molester”. Into which we are all thrown together. I was charged with, In Appropriate Sex with A family Member. I sleep with my 26 year old niece. We’re not blood related, and while I knew it was wrong, I didn’t realize it was illegal. My brother had been drinking heavily when he found out and in anger reported it to the sheriff. He later sobered up and tried to drop the charges, but the state picked it up. He and my niece pleaded for my release, but to no avail. Eight years earlier my niece had fell out of a moving car and suffered a head injury. After an assessment it was determined she had been mentally reduced to that of an 8 year old. With treatment she had recovered most if not all of her faculties. She drove a car, had a job and dated. As long as she was on her medication she got along fine, But the DA used that initial assessment of a child in a grown up body to indite me. The charged was later reduced to Injury to a handicap person or a child, a third degree felony, for which I received 8 years’ probation with instructions to submit to a Sex offender Evaluation to see if treatment was in order.
It is at this point that I start realizing that honesty is not the best policy. Angry, bitter and frustrated I moved in to phase 2 of the systematic exploitation, abuse and humiliation called “Adult Probation”. Sex offender probation is unlike any other probation I’m aware of, we’ll get to the paticulars later. My first thought was I had become one of the new ‘Leopards”, but I was wrong. Leopards are at least shunned and generally left alone, what I had become was one of the new ‘Witches”. Hunted, feared, hated and tortured. Remember if they drown you and you don’t float you were a which, if you do you were probably innocent.
I went for the assessment. The counselor ordered a Lie Deter Test because my statement didn’t completely match my inditment. I had foolishly thought to preserve some of my dignity by not denying but not elaboring on the incident. She told me after that she felt anything less than the whole truth was a lie. I was later told I failed the test and ordered to attend her weekly sessions. I have only now 3 years later managed to secure a copy of that test, but that’s for later. After doing the math I tell my PO I feel there is a conflict of interest and would like another evaluation buy someone who does not stand to profit greatly by failing me. See she does the evaluation for $80 bucks. At her discretion she can order a Lie detector test which is handled by her office $150 bucks then again at her discretion she can recommend you attend her 5 year minimum program which I estimate with weekly session charge $35 bucks, plus scheduled and at her discretion nonscheduled one on one with her at $80 each, add to that scheduled and at her discretion nonscheduled Lie Detector test at $150 plus many other hidden fees comes to well over $25000. Dollars. Ok let’s recap, she pass you $80 bucks, she fail’s you $25000. Bucks I see reason for a conflict, but my PO didn’t agree and told me it didn’t matter anyway I was going to have to attend regardless. Not what my court papers said. And so starts phase three,“Happily Never After Land”.
coefjr

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From TVs to parks, Houston City Council spends ... (Aug '08) 2 hr JUUCY FART 2
News Texas middle school teachers resign after anti-... 2 hr Anita Bryant s Jihad 3
News Texas observes Confederate Heroes Day amid grow... 11 hr Laredo 1
President Ttump Making America Great Again!!!!!... Jan 18 e williams 19
News Group goes to court over new tax plan (Jun '06) Jan 18 LONG FARTS 3
News Lifelike robots made in Hong Kong meant to win ... Jan 16 chrystal craft 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Jan 16 Into The Night 64,397
More from around the web