Sex Offenders Now Have a Civil Rights...

Since: May 08

Long Beach, California

#673 Aug 31, 2011
Joseph dimes wrote:
<quoted text>Two problems, one everyone think that u are a monster
Two, your life as you know it is over. No job, no career, no dreams, no self.
I feel your pain. Every year it's getting worse. My close friend had recently had a coworker anonymously sent a printout of the Meagan's Law webpage sent in-house pouch to co-workers.

He immediately went to Human Resources and in tears explained what happened. he took the rest of the week off. HR contacted him days later and told him not was what he did not of revelevance because he has been a good employee for many years and his conviction took place over 20 years ago. If HR finds out whoever sent that printout, would be in big trouble.

Even though at the end of the day everything worked out, this just totally DEVASTED him. The office gave him a week off, but even so, work was his once true solice, now he suffers in fear, for he does not know who knows.

It is horrible what is happening. Land of the free, it is not.

Long Beach, California

#674 Aug 31, 2011
BTW Joseph, if you can, "get out of Florida". Seriously, it is one THE WORSE states any former offender can live in (unless you are rich, even so ...).

Bigger cities like New York and Los Angeles offer a little better hope. Not much, but it's a far cry from that corrupt, backwater state.

Consider it.

Hang in there man. Please know not everyone thinks of you as a monster.
Eddie

Littleton, CO

#675 Sep 1, 2011
How did you land yourself in a situation with a "he said/she said" with a 13 year old girl? I do feel sorry for you for sure. Sorry that it happened to you. Can the girl change her mind? Was there any physical evidence on the girl?(DNA?) How did they not tear apart her story? Any decent interrogator could have found discrepancies. Important reminder: Perception is Reality. Avoid putting yourself in situations that create certain perceptions.
Eddie

Littleton, CO

#676 Sep 1, 2011
MY ORGANIZATION COVERTLY FOLLOWS SEX OFFENDERS. www.ThirdRailProtection.com

Important points:
- Not all sex offenders are the same: we focus on high risk (violent/multiple offenders)
- Real sex offenders are psychologically motivated to commit sex crimes. Thus, the discrepancy between sex crimes and other crimes. That's why we have continued monitoring...real sex offenders are psychologically predisposed to do these kinds of things. They must be monitored.
- We agree that many laws have unintended results concerning sex offenders.
Mickey Dee

Milford, DE

#678 Sep 2, 2011
I am a registered sex offender tier 2 in the state of Delaware. I was wondering if employees can ask you that you are a sex offender before they hire you.
andrew

Visalia, CA

#679 Sep 4, 2011
yeah i know what you all mean i was 18 when i went to prison i grew up on the streets all my life and hung with a crazy crowd i met this chick and we could relate so much on the streeets you learn not to ask too many questions for your own good but to get to the point i had sex with her and she was 14 i honestly didnt know what was wrong with that i grew up in 28 foster homes and 9 group homes juvinale hall so i kinda taught myself my own rules well now im out and its been 2weeks that iv been out and now im going back to prison again for 6 mnths because im homless and i dont know what to do its hard i sleeep in bus stations and freeways but get kicked out cant go to parks so where do i stay cant go to rescue missions im on parole where do i charge my gps charger the police station get insulted over and over again with dumb remarks im feeling down in the dumps already i wish we all regardless of yor crime could get together and do somthing that has to do with living standards because if your on parole you cant live around any parks schools and ect.. but when your off parole you can what the heck im confused earlier i was thinking everyone that gets rejected by everyone what comes to mind is when jesus saw the adultress and he said to the people he who is clean of sin cast ye your stone and no one did a sin is a sin so who are people to say sex offender in gods eyes it makes no diffrence.....andrew ,21yrs old

Long Beach, California

#680 Sep 6, 2011
Mickey Dee wrote:
I am a registered sex offender tier 2 in the state of Delaware. I was wondering if employees can ask you that you are a sex offender before they hire you.
I am uncertain if they can specifically ask you that, but the way most companies go around this is to ask on your application if you have ever been arrested. Now remember, it doesn't necessarily will bar you from employment, but depending which state and community live, it can be a stigma. If you do lie on your application, that IS grounds for immediate terminiation. 80% of employers now do standard background checks.

You don't even have to put down that you have to register, just write yes and if it was a while ago, put that down as well. If you served no prison time, then mention that as well. You'd be surprised just how many companies would be willing to give people a second chance.

Good luck to you.
RosemaryMK

Los Angeles, CA

#681 Sep 6, 2011
andrew wrote:
yeah i know what you all mean i was 18 when i went to prison i grew up on the streets all my life and hung with a crazy crowd i met this chick and we could relate so much on the streeets you learn not to ask too many questions for your own good but to get to the point i had sex with her and she was 14 i honestly didnt know what was wrong with that i grew up in 28 foster homes and 9 group homes juvinale hall so i kinda taught myself my own rules well now im out and its been 2weeks that iv been out and now im going back to prison again for 6 mnths because im homless and i dont know what to do its hard i sleeep in bus stations and freeways but get kicked out cant go to parks so where do i stay cant go to rescue missions im on parole where do i charge my gps charger the police station get insulted over and over again with dumb remarks im feeling down in the dumps already i wish we all regardless of yor crime could get together and do somthing that has to do with living standards because if your on parole you cant live around any parks schools and ect.. but when your off parole you can what the heck im confused earlier i was thinking everyone that gets rejected by everyone what comes to mind is when jesus saw the adultress and he said to the people he who is clean of sin cast ye your stone and no one did a sin is a sin so who are people to say sex offender in gods eyes it makes no diffrence.....andrew ,21yrs old
Andrew, hang in there. I know thats easier said then done but dont give up and dont get into trouble if you can avoid it. Reach out to groups that may help you even its it just for support. I realize you are in CA but TXVoices is a group that may lend some emotional support. Remember your not alone in this no matter how much it feels like that.

Long Beach, California

#682 Sep 6, 2011
RosemaryMK wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrew, hang in there. I know thats easier said then done but dont give up and dont get into trouble if you can avoid it. Reach out to groups that may help you even its it just for support. I realize you are in CA but TXVoices is a group that may lend some emotional support. Remember your not alone in this no matter how much it feels like that.
I agree. Hang in there Andrew. California is a tough state, but you are forunate you live in a big state. I know someone who is dealing with your issue in Visalia and he is doing okay considering. But I do know that if you live in that area, it can have a small town mentality.

Take RosemaryMK advise follow your requirements to the T! There are quite a few on-line support groups that you can get a hold off. You should be allowed to visit a libary where you can get access to a computer, there you can network with these support groups. You'd be surprised how many people will open their doors for you.

Lastly, stay law abiding, no matter how tough it gets. You'll get through this.
Depressed

Monticello, NY

#683 Sep 20, 2011
Andrew, I read in california you're able to petition to get removed from the list after a while...

I have a question for anyone who may be able to answer...

I'm 23 years old, from new york, and I've been on the registry since I was 18. I met a girl at a party, she lied to me about how old she was, we hooked up, I got popped. The thing is, she was 15 so I didn't even get a felony. But, for some reason, because there was alcohol involved they made me a level 2 offender, which is for life in NYS. Another fact about this whole thing is that this same girl had THREE cases open at once for older guys, and all three of us ended up on the registry. Not that that matters, but I just thought it was really messed up.

Back to my question... I noticed that other states have much less harsh laws, ones that I could be done with this after ten years after release from jail. I was wondering if I moved to one of those states (Vermont, Colorado, ect.), if I could eventually get off the list after 10 years even though I'm from out of state. My charge was a misdemeanor Sexual Misconduct.

Thanks.

Long Beach, California

#684 Sep 20, 2011
Depressed wrote:
Back to my question... I noticed that other states have much less harsh laws, ones that I could be done with this after ten years after release from jail. I was wondering if I moved to one of those states (Vermont, Colorado, ect.), if I could eventually get off the list after 10 years even though I'm from out of state. My charge was a misdemeanor Sexual Misconduct.
Thanks.
Unfortunately you will have to adhere to the state of your arrest. Even so, depending on which state you move to, it can still haunt you.

California is just inacting legislation for example that would make ANY person who EVER had a sex crime in any state must register in California. So for example let's say that you were arrested 30 years ago in Ohio. You had to register for 10 years then you get to get off the register. If you ever move to California, ever, you'd have to register.

Crazy huh?

I honestly do not know what is on the mind of politicians when they come up with some of these Draconic laws. I really don't.

The way this country is moving, concentration camps are around the corner.

"My country tis of thee, sweet land of liberty??????"
Depressed

Monticello, NY

#685 Sep 20, 2011
LB Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately you will have to adhere to the state of your arrest. Even so, depending on which state you move to, it can still haunt you.
California is just inacting legislation for example that would make ANY person who EVER had a sex crime in any state must register in California. So for example let's say that you were arrested 30 years ago in Ohio. You had to register for 10 years then you get to get off the register. If you ever move to California, ever, you'd have to register.
Crazy huh?
I honestly do not know what is on the mind of politicians when they come up with some of these Draconic laws. I really don't.
The way this country is moving, concentration camps are around the corner.
"My country tis of thee, sweet land of liberty??????"
I was thinking California was one of the less harsh states. But, say I moved to Vermont, where its ten years, I could get my name off of it just that I stayed there, right?

Long Beach, California

#686 Sep 21, 2011
Depressed wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking California was one of the less harsh states. But, say I moved to Vermont, where its ten years, I could get my name off of it just that I stayed there, right?
Depends on how their laws are set up. The general rule of thumb is, you must adhere to the ruling set up by your state of arrest. So for example in California, it's lifetime registration. If one were to move to Ohio where it's 10 years, they'll still have to register for life, because California stipulates that.

The only way around it is to leave the country to a country that does not have a registry. Spain for example is one such country. They will check in on you once and get put on Interpol's list, but for the most part, you are left alone for the rest of your life, at least until the Draconic laws and thinking reach there, if ever.

The United States and other English speaking countries really have a zero policy and tolerance on this issue. It's kind of crazy. And due to the politics in America, this will always be a major campaign issue for politicans to use to spear their way up the ladder.

BTW, California and other states are starting to look at legislation that will allow some folks to eventually get off the registry. It's currently on a holding pattern, but it's hopeful that something like will pass, because lifetime registry for something as silly as having a picture you didn't know you had on your computer, or were lied too from a willing partner about their age, is cruel and unusual punishment.

I wished our conservative Surpreme Court would realize that.
Mike

Evansville, IN

#687 Sep 23, 2011
Check out my newest YouTube video. From my speech in St Louis.

http://youtu.be/76hYJqwN96Y
Mike is IWantMyDad

Evansville, IN

#688 Sep 23, 2011
LB, check out my video and share it as much as you can. I would really appreciate it, along with many others. Your feedback would be appreciated also.
Falsely Accused Dad

Evansville, IN

#689 Sep 23, 2011
People.... you have to see this video.

Since: Jun 11

Evansville, IN

#690 Sep 24, 2011
Joseph dimes wrote:
Its sad to think my life is OVER at 55. Made a mistake and toke a plea of no contest, promised that judicaton withheld will mean no big deal, that was 20 years ago. Today I can't get a job, cant live free, I'm a monster, cops nock on my door and I have to register on a list with the worst of the worst. I'm starting to believe my self that I'm a monster,
Joe, there is a possibility of hope inside the hopelessness paradigm. When we are inside a hopeless situation beyond our control we need to use it to create a possibility worth having. Check out my video then contact me. Let's see what we can do to create a life worth having. Mike. http://youtu.be/76hYJqwN96Y

Since: Jun 11

Evansville, IN

#691 Sep 24, 2011
RosemaryMK wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Andrew, you need to find a support group. Let me help. You can get to know who I am at http://youtu.be/76hYJqwN96Y I am Michael Woodall. Where are you living right now?
Depressed

Monticello, NY

#692 Sep 29, 2011
Falsely Accused Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Andrew, you need to find a support group. Let me help. You can get to know who I am at http://youtu.be/76hYJqwN96Y I am Michael Woodall. Where are you living right now?
Why do I feel like thats a virus or something?

Long Beach, California

#693 Sep 29, 2011
Depressed wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do I feel like thats a virus or something?
It would helpful if they described what the link is instead of just posting a "hey, click on this link for information". I'm sure some folks would love to add harrassment to these folks by getting some virus on their computers.

For many former offenders, a computer virus is what got them on the registry in the first place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cruz supports federal relief for Texas floods; ... 4 min woodtick57 60
News Protesters gather at Phoenix mosque under close... 19 min don76550 1
News Family business: Two presidents help Jeb Bush r... 29 min Fart Fund Raising 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 53,528
News Voluntary Evacuations In West Dallas Amid Flood... 2 hr Jelf 1
News 'John Wayne Day' in Texas Honors Actor's 108th ... 2 hr Ex Senator Santpo... 23
News Mohammed cartoon contest: Hundreds expected out... 3 hr Donny Brook 1
More from around the web