Sex Offenders Now Have a Civil Rights...

Sex Offenders Now Have a Civil Rights Website

Posted in the Texas Forum

First Prev
of 52
Next Last
no one

United States

#1 Apr 30, 2007
Well now it seems that sex offenders have astablished a civil rights website.
And talks of a fund to help fight the effects of the laws. After looking at www.sexoffenderscivilrights.info

I have seen some good points and bad. And actually have been enlightened on several things that I did not know.

Is there coalition a good thing or bad though?
No One Important

Fort Collins, CO

#2 May 6, 2007
There is no coalition in reality, because I myself am a convicted sex offender, When I was 18...I unknowingly dated someone whom was underage. I am not a threat to society or any children, it was simply a teenage mistake, convicted as an adult because I had turned 18.
The issue is that all offenders are treated as scum, like we hunt children to please ourselves and that is far from the truth. Awareness is one thing for both non convicted civilians whom are worried and those like me who are parents ourselves but looked at like the harsher felons, but laws need to impliment the lack of class against those whom are not hardcore or repeat offenders, but the government is not doing this.
That is the reason why many of these laws are unjust, they are not seperating the levels as they were suppose to. And the more they push, the more we will stick together for our rights...even the ACLU is saying the laws are getting unfair and are un-lawful, if they do not change...it will get worse for both sides.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Stromquist

Warren, NJ

#3 May 11, 2007
Thats the exception not the rule.

People who prey on kids should be kept off the street for good.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#4 May 11, 2007
Stromquist wrote:
I didn't think they had any civil rights ? If they have a conviction ?
lowlife4m

Pound Ridge, NY

#5 Mar 27, 2008
Hi, I'm one of the people you wish to murder because my name is on this sex offender list.
Over a year after I left my girlfriend her 13 y/o sister said we had consensual sex. I was arrested but couldn't afford an attorney so they gave me a public defender.
The public defender looked at her picture and told me, "she was a pretty girl, big breasts, the jury will believe her so you should take a plea."
I said, "But I'm innocent, how can they put me away by just saying this happened?"
He then said, "It's election time they don't need proof, if the jury don't get you the judge will."
I plead no contest, and they labeled me a predator, at the time - I had no clue what that meant. After watching my family go through the ridiculing, embarrassment, and shame all these years, after fighting in court for my child for five years to find us homeless because of a new daycare center, jobless, after being beat down when I was locked up, they wouldn't even let me out unless I said I was guilty of this crime, they told me if I declared my innocents I would be charged with "discrediting the victim", after paying $10,000 in fines, after the vandalizing, the embarrassment, shame, humiliation, after having all my rights, freedom, respect, and dignity being stripped away, I know now what that meant.
I've learned the hard way what they done to me. They cursed me. It's the first thing on my mind when I wake up and the last thing on my mind before I go to sleep. When it slips my mind they make sure to remind me through the television, radio, newspaper, internet, and when that fails society picks up where they left off, through the looks from the neighbors, through my children harassment from the neighborhood kids and at school and library. They remind through my jobs, relationships, and friends. They remind me with the fliers and even with spray paint.
I know you don't believe my innocents no one ever does. That doesn't matter, the fact is, this can happen to you, it only took a little lie to make my family and I's life hell. Then the indignant anger and hate makes you crazy for awhile, It did me. I briefly thought about revenge on that girl, but the point is she was a child who simply told a lie, that is normal, and the curse will still be there, every day of my entire life. It is no longer her.
I tried to take this back to court, I gave a lawyer $1,500 cash and never heard anything back accept once, he said, "they won't allow it back in court", why? Lord only knows. He kept my money too.
I think this curse will only grow worse through time, so prepare yourself because it only takes a few words to destroy the life of you and your family. Where were you a year and a half ago from today can you prove it?
NOTE: 90% of sex offenders are family members, 97% are male, 1.5% of convicted sex offenders re offend. So the odds are YOU are more of a threat to commit a sex offense than a "sex offender". So what are the next set of laws going to be?

update:
It's been ten years for me and now the Walsh law came in effect. They changed my charge all together to keep me as the worst of the worst. I can't afford a lawyer to fight or fix any of it, and they won't give me one. What's the difference anyway, 20 years or life, after 20 years the damage is life long anyway.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
j d m

Richardson, TX

#6 Nov 15, 2008
Stromquist wrote:
You obviously live in Iraq.
j d m

Richardson, TX

#7 Nov 15, 2008
We served our time. I think we still live in the u.s. You live in Iraq. GO SADDAM SUPPORTER!!!
j d m

Richardson, TX

#8 Nov 15, 2008
n.m.
j d m

Richardson, TX

#9 Nov 15, 2008
Heres the deal... in texas law says that you cant admit evidence of past felony conviction during guilt/innocence phase of a criminal trial. Trial for failure to register as a sex offender does exactly that. so the rights of a person that has been found guilty whether admitted or convicted of a sex offense in a trial during failure to register can be objected and mistrial should and i say SHOULD because there are some judges that fear death of themselves and not their duty to uphold the law that they swore to protect will not admit that the trial of a person failing to register is in fact violating the rule that tainting the jury or court of conviction of past felony offenses during that said trial is in fact a violation of that persons right to a fair trial. Therefore a person being held trial for failure to register has been subjected to conflict of interest and should have their lawyer object. No other offense of this nature can be held in this perspective because no other offense requires public disclosure to this extent and anyone who thinks that i am full of shit should read criminal procedure before violating the natural civil rights of other human beings, whether you think i am one or not.

Signed,

one pissed free and law abiding sex offender
j d m

Richardson, TX

#10 Nov 15, 2008
Stromquist wrote:
This message is for STROMQUIST...

Just to let you know I served my time.

Registration is a civil requirement.

So is paying child support.

Both have criminal penalties.

So those who don't pay child support are just as bad as us sex offenders.

I finished my time.

I live where I want.

I follow the laws of our forefathers.

I am an American.

And so are you.

From my perspective there are individuals who I think deserve to stay in prison for the sex crimes they committed.

I was convicted of indecency with a child by exposure just because i knew she was there.

She didn't.

That is the same as a father showering and a daughter knocking on the door asking a question.

Imagine that happening to you.

And you getting convicted of a sex crime.

Megan's law was suggested by a mother who had her daughter raped and murdered.

Why did it have to happen to her daughter before she did something about it?

I asked WHY!!!

I think alll these laws are made by bandwagoning people who have no understanding that when a person serves their time they are done.

Just as the second amendment says anyone can possess a firearm blatantly, so does it say a person has a right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of hapiness," which means when a sex offender serves their time, any means of denial of that speaks volumes of the actual vision of the American people.

Now hear this... I discharged my sentence. I served my time. I live where I want to and noone has the right to dictate where I can and cannot live..read the Constitution. It will remain that way forever. I am an American citizen under no sentence and I enjoy those rights and will enjoy those rights forever. Neither you or no neighborhood or police force can tell me otherwise. If I choose to live by you I will. I will pick my child up from your school and you will not stop me. I am a free man. I do not live in Iraq or Nazi Germany or any other country. This is the United States. And I will continue to thrive with the well paying job I have, the home I have and the girlfriend I have who has children who thinks my crime was,"silly," and who supports me to the greatest extent forevermore.

If you don't like it...move to Cuba where they support violating civil rights... or even Iraq.

Sincerely free forever...

Sex offender in Texas

supporting the dissolution of Megan's Law and all other laws violating any Civil Right to any person in the United States.

P.S.: Deal with it!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
j d m

Richardson, TX

#11 Nov 15, 2008
Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't think they had any civil rights ? If they have a conviction ?
You are a Christian?

You remind me of the christian dating organization who contacted me about dating.

THey changed their tone when I told them I was a convicted sex offender.

They went from Christian to Pharisee.

So I ask you... wheres the forgiveness and faith?

Don't tell me about the little ones and the millstone. That was about the youthfullness of a convert to Christianity being tainted by sin. DON"T even try!!!

Answer me
j d m

Richardson, TX

#12 Nov 15, 2008
YEah I posted alot tonight. I am sick of being under an umbrella with the real sick ones who had 1000 victims and turned them all into super sex slaves and admit they would do it again. If a person claims that a sex offender is a sex offender regardless of their crime then a murderer is a murderer regardless of self defense.

This is the truth

So deal with it.

I will be back to read the justifications, insults and all other reasons our rights should be violated and ignore them as you have ignored the Constitution.

Have a good one and I will see you at the top!!!
j d m

Richardson, TX

#13 Nov 15, 2008
lowlife4m wrote:
Hi, I'm one of the people you wish to murder because my name is on this sex offender list.
Over a year after I left my girlfriend her 13 y/o sister said we had consensual sex. I was arrested but couldn't afford an attorney so they gave me a public defender.
The public defender looked at her picture and told me, "she was a pretty girl, big breasts, the jury will believe her so you should take a plea."
I said, "But I'm innocent, how can they put me away by just saying this happened?"
He then said, "It's election time they don't need proof, if the jury don't get you the judge will."
I plead no contest, and they labeled me a predator, at the time - I had no clue what that meant. After watching my family go through the ridiculing, embarrassment, and shame all these years, after fighting in court for my child for five years to find us homeless because of a new daycare center, jobless, after being beat down when I was locked up, they wouldn't even let me out unless I said I was guilty of this crime, they told me if I declared my innocents I would be charged with "discrediting the victim", after paying $10,000 in fines, after the vandalizing, the embarrassment, shame, humiliation, after having all my rights, freedom, respect, and dignity being stripped away, I know now what that meant.
I've learned the hard way what they done to me. They cursed me. It's the first thing on my mind when I wake up and the last thing on my mind before I go to sleep. When it slips my mind they make sure to remind me through the television, radio, newspaper, internet, and when that fails society picks up where they left off, through the looks from the neighbors, through my children harassment from the neighborhood kids and at school and library. They remind through my jobs, relationships, and friends. They remind me with the fliers and even with spray paint.
I know you don't believe my innocents no one ever does. That doesn't matter, the fact is, this can happen to you, it only took a little lie to make my family and I's life hell. Then the indignant anger and hate makes you crazy for awhile, It did me. I briefly thought about revenge on that girl, but the point is she was a child who simply told a lie, that is normal, and the curse will still be there, every day of my entire life. It is no longer her.
I tried to take this back to court, I gave a lawyer $1,500 cash and never heard anything back accept once, he said, "they won't allow it back in court", why? Lord only knows. He kept my money too.
I think this curse will only grow worse through time, so prepare yourself because it only takes a few words to destroy the life of you and your family. Where were you a year and a half ago from today can you prove it?
NOTE: 90% of sex offenders are family members, 97% are male, 1.5% of convicted sex offenders re offend. So the odds are YOU are more of a threat to commit a sex offense than a "sex offender". So what are the next set of laws going to be?
update:
It's been ten years for me and now the Walsh law came in effect. They changed my charge all together to keep me as the worst of the worst. I can't afford a lawyer to fight or fix any of it, and they won't give me one. What's the difference anyway, 20 years or life, after 20 years the damage is life long anyway.
I feel your pain.

America has lost their sense of rights.

If it was that bad, we would all be dead.

Wake up America!!! We are humans too. Like it or not. Admit it or not. Sorry your opinion doesn't register. My give-a-damn is busted.
louie

United States

#14 Dec 21, 2008
Whats up ex offenders.
We are in this together for the long haul. It is now clear that america fell for the fear and guilt trip the politicians played on our citizens. They have to find out for themselves how bad they have hurt our great system of justice. These people who back these laws in their curent form are traitors to the constitution of the U.S.A. Every brave soldier who has died for this country has been betrayed by these traitors and lie 'ers, One day they will see that they to are child neglectors by allowing these laws and there limitation on us and our family's. I cant support my family because of the discrimination that is practiced against ex offenders. my conviction was in 1980. I have never re offended since. I have tried to live my life as all law abiding citizens, but after the u.s. supreme court affermined megans law all hell broke lose, I have lost my home, my job, my car,my insurance,my retirement my future for my 3 daughters, all in the name of what I might do. If I haven't re offended in 30 years I am sure its safe to say that I am no threat to the public. but here in california there is no way for review and employers use megan web sites to deny you jobs. I cant even work at taco bell. So all I can say at this point is lets help each other, lets orginize and stand up to those Nazi's and get back our hope, we owe it to our children who never had a chioce. We are not "PERDITORS" we are good human beings who made a mistake in life and paid our debt. Those who enact these laws are the real criminals and wrost "TRAITORS" to our way of life. Remember Hitler tried this and he failed AFTER MILLIONS HAD TO DIE. and so will those who try to premote unjust laws against human beings. It maybe to late for my kids for I am almost 50 years old now, but its not to late for younger ex offenders struggling to just take care of their family. Shame on those who ever backed these laws. You better pray there is no god, for remember "Judge Not".
Tina

Valley Springs, CA

#15 Jan 31, 2009
I am a mother of a sex offender. You all have no idea what these sex offender are going through. Non of us are perfect. You all can sit there and judge these sex offender are a bunch of hypicritical people. Alot of them doesn't prey on kids.They have made one mistake and learned from it and are paying for it the rest of their lives.I know the law will change for these sex offenders. The day will come that the sex offender will be free from this crap.
doug812

East Wenatchee, WA

#16 Mar 1, 2009
The social structure of the good old USA has been brow beatin by fearmongers and hatemongers. The way for the government to make this thing work is by bringing all criminals under this so called Public safty act.slavery also comes to mind, and laws were made to abolish your state and country has done more worng and harm to people in our USA in the name of the law our constitution try this out use all the sex offenders as slaves you are doing that as I write
thanx doug812
DLKincaid

United States

#17 Mar 7, 2009
I am the mother of a convicted sex offender and right - it doesn't do me any good to say' He was railroaded. Anyway he has served his time and released from prison, but cannot find a job and must live with us. I don't have a problem with this, but he is a 40 year old man who cannot find a job and yes we live in the GOP (Southern East Tenn)
derrick

Pompano Beach, FL

#18 Mar 20, 2009
like you i as well am a registered sex offender and yes its hell me ofense happened when i was 15 i didnt do it but hell that doesnt matter im not going to get into that. what i will get into is that i am a college student whos catching hell finding a job paying for college. im forved to live in a house with 18 other sex offenders because housing is hard to find. i agree that some offenders need to be on the registry if you attack kids over and over than yea you need help but do you know the sex offenders i have run into. the ones who didnt know she was underage the ones when they were so drunk and she said yes yes then no no. the ones who were lied on. yes these are the offenders america is punishing for awhile ive been dying to do a martin luther king type march to washington with sex offender wives husbands kids and family to let our great president know who they are hurting. families are being seperated wives are hurting cause daddy cant get a job. its wrong its very wrong
lilly

Austin, TX

#19 Apr 7, 2009
can anyone please inform me about sex offenders rules,thank you
derrick

Schaumburg, IL

#20 Apr 8, 2009
this message is for lilly the laws for sex offenders not only differs from state to state it also differs from city to city you have to talk to your local sheriffs office to find out the laws in your city and state

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 52
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News First openly gay Texas A&M student president ho... 3 hr Truth 2
News Undocumented women, desperate to avoid ICE, are... 4 hr PayupSucka 29
News Paul Ryan budget proposal threatens housing aid... 6 hr jonjedi 114
bad seeds just maybe whats next will trump ryne... 8 hr crazy thing ever ... 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Bbzzoo 63,543
News Couple's dream home a 10-year legal nightmare (Jan '07) 10 hr NeverTratonAgain 25
News Prescription skin cancer cream Aldara has horri... (Oct '06) 11 hr Richard 2,164
More from around the web