Obama seeks $3.7 billion in immigration funds

Jul 8, 2014 Full story: KIDK CBS 3 331

President Barack Obama is asking Congress for $3.7 billion in emergency funds to better respond to the influx of immigrants illegally crossing the border into Texas, White House officials said Tuesday.

Full Story

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#214 Jul 23, 2014
wild child wrote:
He wont get it.we have sick starving kids right here in the usa, now deport all.next
It's interesting that your saying that we have sick starving kids here in the USA.
Didn't they just pass a health care bill to get all those sick people care?
The food stamp program is doing so well you can get a cell phone and services like that too.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#217 Jul 23, 2014
truth-facts wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't he and secure our dam border? Of course if these people came across the border and attacked muzzies or the lbgt community he dam sure would.
Must be pretty secure, if they caught all these kids......
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#218 Jul 23, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Must be pretty secure, if they caught all these kids......
Wow could you be anymore of a clueless moron?

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#219 Jul 24, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>

Those with the jobs, 98% of American's won't do....

American Workers Continue to Pick up Jobs Left Vacant by Immigration Raids

A new report in USA Today finds that unemployed U.S. citizens continue to
fill up jobs left vacant by immigration raids, particularly at meatpacking
and poultry plants. The reports says that plants impacted by the raids were
back up and running at full capacity within months of the raids.
Vanderbilt University professor Carol Swain said the raids were beneficial
to the American workforce.

"Whenever there's an immigration raid, you find white, black and legal
immigrant labor lining up to do those jobs that Americans will supposedly
not do," Prof. Swain said in the USA Today article.

For more on this story, see USA Today.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/septem...

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#220 Jul 24, 2014
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
A new report in USA Today finds that unemployed U.S. citizens continue to
fill up jobs left vacant by immigration raids, particularly at meatpacking
and poultry plants. The reports says that plants impacted by the raids were
back up and running at full capacity within months of the raids.
Vanderbilt University professor Carol Swain said the raids were beneficial
to the American workforce.
"Whenever there's an immigration raid, you find white, black and legal
immigrant labor lining up to do those jobs that Americans will supposedly
not do," Prof. Swain said in the USA Today article.
For more on this story, see USA Today.
http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/septem...
Don't dismis Blue's observation so quickly
are those jobs taken in a raid actualy equal to the jobs gven to legal workers there after?...one aspect of ilegal labor that some employeer love is exploitability.
Was the ill=egal working for a lower wage than the legal employees?
were the illegals working the same hours?

Location hidden

#221 Jul 24, 2014
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
1-2 meat processing plants, isn't gonna prove the point....Let's see how American's are taking back all those agriculture jobs....SHOW ME?

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#223 Jul 24, 2014
Immigration raids harm immigrants, employers
http://ncronline.org/blogs/immigration-and-ch...
the Senate's comprehensive reform package likely won't get passed. This means any overhaul appears dead until after the presidential elections in 2016.

This is bad news for immigrants and terrible news for employers. Immigrants will continue to live in fear of deportation and companies will continue to be afraid of the "silent raids" by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) that have become so widespread under President Barack Obama.

Our audit took three weeks but has left wounds that will never heal. We lost 18 people out of a staff of 200. They were some of our longest-tenured employees, the best machinists and operators. The result? Productivity fell and costs zoomed. Those affected lost well-paying jobs. Some suffered home foreclosures and battled depression and anxiety. I felt so helpless to protect them and so angry at the financial impact on our business that I sought grief counseling. It did not work.

#225 Jul 25, 2014
Obama on "Meet the Press" 05/04/08

http://www.youdecidepolitics.com/2008/05/04/v...

#228 Jul 28, 2014
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>

Don't dismis Blue's observation so quickly

are those jobs taken in a raid actualy equal to the jobs gven to legal workers there after?...one aspect of ilegal labor that some employeer love is exploitability.

Was the ill=egal working for a lower wage than the legal employees?

were the illegals working the same hours?
Yes

Yes

Yes
FROM CA

Los Angeles, CA

#231 Jul 29, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Technically, these children are refugee's from death and violence....not illegal's just looking for work...Big Difference.....especially in the Law.....
People from other countries area going through the same thing.

They don't show up and have the attitude "I'm here take care of me.

Let them enter our country just lke people from other countries dol

Location hidden

#232 Jul 29, 2014
FROM CA wrote:
<quoted text>
People from other countries area going through the same thing.
They don't show up and have the attitude "I'm here take care of me.
Let them enter our country just lke people from other countries dol
I haven't seen any of these kids, with a "I'm here, take care of me" attitude...Is that what Fox tell's you to think?
FROM CA

Los Angeles, CA

#233 Jul 29, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
There is no need for $3.7 billion,when we can fly these parasites home for a lot less. According to The Washington Times,flying illegals home would be 99.5% cheaper than obamas plan. Flying them home for one- half of 1% of the $3.7 billion is a 99.5% savings. The $250.00 per day compares with the $667.00 one- way cost from Mcallen,TX to Guatemala city. The combined airfare for 29,358 passengers would be $19.6 million. Big difference!
Good idea.
Let the internet show them being sent right back.
With this bill, people from Central America will get the idea that we're the land of freebee.
If any of us go to a foreign country wie have to have our passports. We need our passports go get back in our country. If people from other countries come to our country they have to have passports. Why should these people be any different.
We're not the litter box for the Central American govnvermentts to dump their citizens on.
foster

Oakley, KS

#234 Jul 29, 2014
blade007 wrote:
<quoted text>
However
I just wonder if the 24 Billion the repigs cost the Country with Shutdown, would help this Problem?
did not cost that,GFY you lying bastard.
sandy1

New City, NY

#235 Jul 29, 2014
FROM CA wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea.
Let the internet show them being sent right back.
With this bill, people from Central America will get the idea that we're the land of freebee.
If any of us go to a foreign country wie have to have our passports. We need our passports go get back in our country. If people from other countries come to our country they have to have passports. Why should these people be any different.
We're not the litter box for the Central American govnvermentts to dump their citizens on.
Exactly. Unfortunately,these parasites are coming here for the amnesty Obama openly supports( which is really an invitation) and the taxpayer funded freebies. We need pro American leadership who will secure the border,actually enforce existing laws(which Obama is refusing to do) and shoot the vermin on sight the minute they set foot on US soil. Until that happens,we will continue to be invaded not only by the illegals but this is an invitation for terrorists to walk across the border.
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#236 Jul 29, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I haven't seen any of these kids, with a "I'm here, take care of me" attitude...Is that what Fox tell's you to think?
Would you crawl out from under your rock and see what's actually happening?

Location hidden

#237 Jul 30, 2014
STOCKS SHINE AMID GLOBAL TENSIONS....Associated Press .(7-26-14).....Resilient Market driven by economic optimism, Companies' RECORD EARNINGS...............IT'S WHAT'S HAPPENING.......
APPRECIATETATER SPUD

United States

#238 Jul 30, 2014
We know that the stock answer for everything from the liberals is always tax and spend, but what if something really bad were to happen like a disaster of major proportions after we have spent the nation into so much debt in good times, how could we handle it?

Location hidden

#239 Jul 30, 2014
LAYOFFS FADE AS ECONOMY REBOUNDS.....Associated Press .(7-25-14).....Jobless claims fall to LOWEST LEVEL IN 8 YEARS.....Pay Hikes may be next.........MORE HAPPENINGS........

Location hidden

#240 Jul 30, 2014
TEAPARTY HOUSE REPUBLICAN'S FINALLY HELP PASS MUCH NEEDED IMMIGRATION BILL........(7-30-14)......... PSYCHE!!!!!!!...lol......
Crybaby Cons

Manassas, VA

#242 Jul 30, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
LAYOFFS FADE AS ECONOMY REBOUNDS.....Associated Press .(7-25-14).....Jobless claims fall to LOWEST LEVEL IN 8 YEARS.....Pay Hikes may be next.........MORE HAPPENINGS........
Consumer confidence highest since Bush recession. No thanks to Boehner's do-nothing, vacationing House of teabagging misfits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Earthling-1 46,745
Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americ... 8 hr Obama Bad 30
Militias complicate situation on Texas border 13 hr Here Is One 235
Meredith Lynn Thomas (Jun '07) 13 hr HAL 2001 2
Perry criticizes Mexico's effort to secure border 18 hr Guess Who 14
Body of Texas sheriff's deputy found in lake 20 hr paddyomalley 1
why do mexican women have big fat nasty bigfoot... (Oct '11) Fri jts 3
•••

Texas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••