Four notable bourbons to sample

Four notable bourbons to sample

There are 1 comment on the NorthJersey.com story from Sep 26, 2012, titled Four notable bourbons to sample. In it, NorthJersey.com reports that:

Bourbon is the distinctly American, corn-based and barrel-aged whiskey that's generally considered to be our national spirit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NorthJersey.com.

mozilla

Austin, TX

#1 Sep 27, 2012
This isn't a technicle article...and therefor has a bunch of very small mistakes.

I also don't recommend buying any of those bourbons...as a first one to try. If you have tried many different bourbons, already...then give the four he recommends a try. Blanton's is way overpriced in my opinion.

Half of what is in the Woodford bottle is their lower class offering...Old Forester.

Angels Envy...taste remarkably similar to Old Forester, as well. Not surprising...when you know that the owner is the old Master Distiller at Old Forester. And he probably sourced all his whiskey from them.

The Bulleit story is really interesting...especially about the recipe. But, very worthless...when you find out that Bulleit doesn't own a distillery...and their whiskey is made by someone else...using their own recipe. It's my guess that Bulleit uses whiskey from several different sources to create their flavor profile.

Buffalo Trace brand...well, it's just not that interesting...when taking into account the flavor, proof and price.

I recommend 1792 Ridgemont Reserve with an AGE STATEMENT of 8yrs. Or, Four Roses small batch. Both are around $20 in Texas. AND, taste great!

You don't have to spend $50 to get a great tasting straight whiskey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Patriot AKA Bozo 61,515
News In dramatic reversal, Cruz to vote for Trump 3 hr kuda 9
News National Democrats expand Texas footprint ahead... 13 hr paddyomalley 1
When I think of Appalachia and/or Appalachian p... 21 hr Curious 1
News Lure of land gives way to frustration (Aug '08) Wed DC Dave 123
News DC appeals court set to hear Clean Power Plan case Tue Solarman 1
News Happy Birthday, Samuel Lightnin' Hopkins, Pione... (Mar '15) Sep 26 couponbirds 7
More from around the web