States with most secession signatures received massive federal funding

Nov 15, 2012 Full story: New York Daily News 214

Since President Obama's reelection last week, the White House has received a wave of petitions from disgruntled citizens who want their states to secede from the U.S. Those pesky secessionists looking to cut ties with the United States may want to check their own states' budgets before signing a petition to break away.

Full Story

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#185 Nov 19, 2012
sage won wrote:
Silence from the liberal loud mouthed blowhards.
Amen Bro, Americans are sick and tired of paying for them
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#186 Nov 20, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is anti second amendment, either he or his controllers made sure he didn't repeat the mistakes Fat Al made in 2000, which cost him the presidency.
Please get your facts straight.

Obama is NOT "anti-second amendment."

"At a September campaign rally in rural Virginia, Obama declared unequivocally:

"I believe in the Second Amendment.

"I believe in people's lawful right to bear arms.

"I will not take your shotgun away.

"I will not take your rifle away.

"I won't take your handgun away...

"I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY"

"During the presidential campaign, Obama announced that he favors measures that respect Second Amendment rights, while at the same time keeping guns away from children and criminals.

Obama has signed into law two bills containing amendments reducing restrictions on gun owners, one which permits guns to be transported in checked baggage on Amtrak trains] and another which allows carrying loaded firearms in national parks located in states allowing concealed carry."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-02-14...
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#187 Nov 20, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexican losers and illegal aliens, every one. Dumbass, show us how it's Perry's fault, or STFU
The AUSTIN AMERICAN-STATESMAN (their daily paper) and the WASHINGTON POST have this to say about that:

"Texas' Manchurian candidate"
Harold Meyerson, Special to The Washington Post

-Twenty-six percent of Texans have no health insurance — the highest percentage of medically uninsured residents of any state.

-It leads the nation in the percentage of children who lack medical insurance.

-Texas has an inordinate number of employers who provide no insurance to their workers, partly because INSURANCE RATES ARE HIGH, THANKS TO AN ABSENCE OF REGULATIONS...

"I could understand how a governor with a good record on providing medical insurance, for instance, could argue that his state's plan is one the nation should emulate.

"But when the governor of the state with the highest level of medical uninsurance calls for dismantling the national programs and letting states go their own way, that's industrial-strength chutzpah.

http://www.statesman.com/opinion/texas-manchu...
Carol

Fort Smith, AR

#188 Nov 20, 2012
These secession signatures are not people in office. They are regular citizens. Citizens sick of what they see happening year after year. Government will never ever agree to secede. Thats like a leach getting rid of the fish its sucking the blood from.
Carol

Fort Smith, AR

#189 Nov 20, 2012
I am for all people in government and office to share in whatever they vote for us, but I dont in any way believe for one minute the obamacare is constitutional in any way. They spend all our money....then they want to force us to pay the tab , when we tell them not to do it. Not going for it.

Since: Feb 12

El Paso, TX

#190 Nov 20, 2012
Here s the best explanantion of obamacare tht I have ever seen. This guy gets it!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rEM4NKXK-iA...
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#191 Nov 20, 2012
UR BS wrote:
Here s the best explanantion of obamacare tht I have ever seen. This guy gets it!
https://www.youtube.com/embed/rEM4NKXK-iA...
youtube as a source - you are a credit to redneck jerks everywhere

El Paso, TX

#192 Nov 20, 2012
Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
"During the presidential campaign, Obama announced that he favors measures that respect Second Amendment rights, while at the same time keeping guns away from children and criminals.
Obama has signed into law two bills containing amendments reducing restrictions on gun owners, one which permits guns to be transported in checked baggage on Amtrak trains] and another which allows carrying loaded firearms in national parks located in states allowing concealed carry."
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-02-14...
So because he said it we must believe it? I don't think so.
His actions speak louder than his lies. First those laws you mention really mean nothing. They are as follows, first you can now lock your gun in a stored, checked piece of luggage on AMTRAK. Big lift of restriction there. It comes down to common sense. AMTRAK is going belly up, every restriction you place on a traveler reduces the usage.
Second he signed a law that says if you are in a state that has a CHL law and you possess a CHL you don't have to leave your gun if you visit a national park. Again not a real big shift just common sense. A licensed person that is on vacation will most likely have his gun with him so if you restrict his entrance into a National Park he won't go. The park looses money.
Now on the other hand he has endorsed the DC ban on 100% of hand guns for everyone. He has also endorsed the same type law in Chicago and NYC. He has likened gun control laws to zoning regulations.
So sorry but his actions have shown him to be against individual gun rights.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#193 Nov 20, 2012

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-02-14 ...

El Paso, TX

#194 Nov 20, 2012
Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
youtube as a source - you are a credit to redneck jerks everywhere
Youtube yep that is right. I guess you missed the whole Oregon State University thing. What difference does it make where the video is from? You are a credit to the braindead libtards.

Disprove it if it is soo bad!

Youa re the one that believes whatever obama says no matter what the evidence is to the contrary.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#195 Nov 20, 2012
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Youtube yep that is right. I guess you missed the whole Oregon State University thing. What difference does it make where the video is from? You are a credit to the braindead libtards.
Disprove it if it is soo bad!
Youa re the one that believes whatever obama says no matter what the evidence is to the contrary.
According to the Pulitzer-Prize winning fact-checking organization:

NRA Targets Obama

"It FALSELY claims in mailers and TV ads that Obama plans to ban handguns, hunting ammo and use of a gun for home defense.

"A National Rifle Association advertising campaign DISTORTS Obama's position on gun control BEYONG RECOGNITION.

The NRA is circulating printed material and running TV ads making UNSUBSTANTITATED CLAIMS claims that Obama plans to ban use of firearms for home defense, ban possession and manufacture of handguns, close 90 percent of gun shops and ban hunting ammunition.

Much of what the NRA passes off as Obama's "10 Point Plan to 'Change' the Second Amendment" IS ACTUALLY CONTRARY TO WHAT HE HAS SAID THROUGHOUT HIS CAMPAIGNS:

"that he "RESPECTS THE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS OF AMERICANS TO BEAR ARMSs" and "

will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding Americans to purchase, own, transport, and use guns."

Researcher

Killeen, TX

#196 Nov 20, 2012
As is most often the case, the gun control issue is really about "who profits?"

The percentage of U.S. citizens who hunt is now the lowest in the history of this country. That means the market for firearms tends to go down, meaning less profits for gun manufacturers and gun sellers.

To try to drum up business, the NRA concocted a MARKETING PLOY based on fear-mongering, totally without any basis.

They succeeded in beating quite a few people out of their money paid out for over-priced ammunition and guns.

Fools and their money are soon parted. NRA is a master at manipulating uninformed people.

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#197 Nov 20, 2012
Researcher wrote:
Now for some truth on the subject of this forum:
"Tthe top states that want to secede also received the most federal tax dollars.(The exception is petition leader Texas, but they have their own reasons besides Obama’s win for believing in their own independence.)
If these freeloading red states were allowed to secede, not only would America’s deficit issues be resolved, but the Republican Party would never win another national election on their own."
By the 2010 numbers, Mississippi ($2.47) and Alabama ($2.03) both took in twice as much federal tax money as they paid. South Carolina was just eight cents behind at $1.92. According to a 2006 Tax Foundation study, Louisiana took in $1.45 for every dollar. Tennessee took in a $1.30. Arkansas took in a $1.47, and Oklahoma took in a $1.48 for every federal tax dollar they paid.
The fiscally conservative House Republicans should be jumping for joy at the prospect of cutting some of the most dependent victims who are mooching off federal dollars from the budget.
The problem is that the majority of the top petitioning states are the base of the Republican Party.
Time to shed some light on the idiotic lefts lies:

These are the states that get the most federal money.

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/government/2012/08 ...

Any blue states here??????

I see about half.

10) North Dakota
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$10,438
> Population: 672,591
> Pct. of U.S. population: 0.22%
> Amt. per capita:$12,930
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 0.27%

9) Connecticut
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$10,506
> Population: 3,574,097
> Pct. of U.S. population: 1.16%
> Amt. per capita:$15,662
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 1.73%

8) West Virginia
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$10,568
> Population: 1,852,994
> Pct. of U.S. population: 0.6%
> Amt. per capita:$11,609
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 0.67%

7) Alabama
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$10,656
> Population: 4,779,736
> Pct. of U.S. population: 1.55%
> Amt. per capita:$11,820
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 1.75%

6) Kentucky
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$12,129
> Population: 4,339,367
> Pct. of U.S. population: 1.41%
> Amt. per capita:$13,198
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 1.77%

5) New Mexico
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$12,399
> Population: 2,059,179
> Pct. of U.S. population: 0.67%
> Amt. per capita:$13,578
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 0.87%

4) Hawaii
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$13,709
> Population: 1,360,301
> Pct. of U.S. population: 0.44%
> Amt. per capita:$15,331
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 0.65%

3) Maryland
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$13,723
> Population: 5,773,552
> Pct. of U.S. population: 1.87%
> Amt. per capita:$16,673
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 2.98%

2) Virginia
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$14,201
> Population: 8,001,024
> Pct. of U.S. population: 2.59%
> Amt. per capita:$17,008
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person: 4.21%

1) Alaska
> Amt. per capita net of income taxes:$15,197
> Population: 710,231
> Pct. of U.S. population: 0.23%
> Amt. per capita:$17,762
> Pct. of U.S. funds per person:.39%

“life under BO”

buena vista

#199 Nov 20, 2012
Researcher wrote:
The percentage of U.S. citizens who hunt is now the lowest in the history of this country. That means the market for firearms tends to go down, meaning less profits for gun manufacturers and gun sellers.
To try to drum up business, the NRA concocted a MARKETING PLOY based on fear-mongering, totally without any basis.
They succeeded in beating quite a few people out of their money paid out for over-priced ammunition and guns.
Fools and their money are soon parted. NRA is a master at manipulating uninformed people.
A typical demonazi, you don't like guns, don't own one, leave the rest of us alone. No one is forced to belong to the NRA.

I don't.

“life under BO”

buena vista

#200 Nov 20, 2012
Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Pulitzer-Prize winning fact-checking organization:
NRA Targets Obama
"It FALSELY claims in mailers and TV ads that Obama plans to ban handguns, hunting ammo and use of a gun for home defense.
"A National Rifle Association advertising campaign DISTORTS Obama's position on gun control BEYONG RECOGNITION.
The NRA is circulating printed material and running TV ads making UNSUBSTANTITATED CLAIMS claims that Obama plans to ban use of firearms for home defense, ban possession and manufacture of handguns, close 90 percent of gun shops and ban hunting ammunition.
Much of what the NRA passes off as Obama's "10 Point Plan to 'Change' the Second Amendment" IS ACTUALLY CONTRARY TO WHAT HE HAS SAID THROUGHOUT HIS CAMPAIGNS:
"that he "RESPECTS THE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS OF AMERICANS TO BEAR ARMSs" and "
will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding Americans to purchase, own, transport, and use guns."
as i already explained to you, dumbrowski, Obama is anti gun, either he or his handlers were smart enough to not act like idiot Al Snore who lost the presidency due to his anti gun views. Obumbles is just a good actor, he hates citizens owning guns.

“life under BO”

buena vista

#201 Nov 20, 2012
Researcher wrote:
I don't remember hearing anything from the NRA and i never ran out and bought anymore guns or ammo. Any chance you're a blathering fool who doesn't know wtf they're talking about?

I have no doubt that after repeated black flash mobs attacking whites many whites felt the need for more guns, makes sense as Obimbles never criticized blacks, essentially ignored it.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#202 Nov 21, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexican losers and illegal aliens, every one. Dumbass, show us how it's Perry's fault, or STFU
"But the economic picture in Texas isn’t as rosy as Perry portrayed.

For one, state lawmakers have spent much of the year grappling with a budget shortfall that left them $27 billion short of the money needed to continue current state services.

In addition, while the national unemployment rate is 9.1 percent and the Texas unemployment rate is 8 percent, some 23 states, including New York, have lower unemployment rates, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Perry often talks about the robust growth of jobs during his tenure. But jobs grew at about the same rate during Democrat Ann Richards’ four years as governor."

http://firedoglake.com/2011/06/15/why-does-ri...

"Texas: A State Destroyed by Rick Perry

Rick Perry is the quintessential Republican looney-tune nutcase, 2011 style. He’s intensely religious, after all, he’s been put here by God Himself. He even states, comically, that he is implementing God’s will by serving as governor.

And he’s single-handedly destroyed the state of Texas. As goes Texas, so goes the nation. Look in the mirror, America. Texas is the future.

Granted, Texas was pretty near ruined when George Bush got through with it, but it seemed there was no where to go but up. Then along came Rick Perry.

Perry’s Texas has the greatest percentage of minimum wage in the US. That is the future of America under Republican rule – a nation of minimum wage workers. Republicans have been waging war on workers, wages and unions from the time they were formed as a party. There was a respite for a bit, but now they are back in style."

http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2011/06/16...

Now why don't YOU go STFU azzhole - resonable people understand exactly what Perry has done to that state.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#203 Nov 21, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember hearing anything from the NRA and i never ran out and bought anymore guns or ammo. Any chance you're a blathering fool who doesn't know wtf they're talking about?
I have no doubt that after repeated black flash mobs attacking whites many whites felt the need for more guns, makes sense as Obimbles never criticized blacks, essentially ignored it.
OK stupid, let's start with the NRA;

http://www.nrapublications.org/index.php/1192...

This is an NRA official web site, warning Obama not only wishes to take your guns by 2016, but requests you sign up (not for free of course) to stand by them.

Is this BS true? Absolutely false garbage, designed to accelerated weapons sales and NRA membership;

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/nra_t...

http://factcheck.org/2008/09/nra-targets-obam...

OK dick head, now that we've proved the NRA is lying to you, let's go to how many weapons are owned in this country. Last updated estimate was there aree over 240 million guns in the US / more than every other industrial nation COMBINED!

"With over 280 million guns in civilian hands in the US, including easily concealable ever more powerful handguns and military style weapons with high capacity ammunition clips, children and teens, never mind, the general public and public officials, aren't safe from gun violence at school, at home, at the shopping mall or anywhere else in America."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-rosenthal/...

Does being armed mean a safer world? Not one damn bit. Read this;

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/19-facts-you-n...

India - 45 million firearms
China - 40 million firearms
America - 280 million firearms

Ever hear of other countries with kids wiping out teachers and fellow schoolmates?

What a fcuking moron you are.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#204 Nov 21, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
A typical demonazi, you don't like guns, don't own one, leave the rest of us alone. No one is forced to belong to the NRA.
I don't.
Au contrere, mon frere.

I have a hand gun in the bedside table and another in the closet, plus a rifle. I learned to hunt in my teens. Everybody I know has multiple guns.

Did you forget you are talking to a TEXAN?

But the mere fact that I own guns doesn't make me so stupid that I can't read and inform myself about national issues.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#205 Nov 21, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
as i already explained to you, dumbrowski, Obama is anti gun, either he or his handlers were smart enough to not act like idiot Al Snore who lost the presidency due to his anti gun views. Obumbles is just a good actor, he hates citizens owning guns.
Where's your proof? Please provide a credible source, not a blog or a social network comment, which is merely one person's OPINION.

FactCheck.com , who even Fox News says are credible, checked it out and said Obama is not anti-gun.

Live with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Perry criticizes Mexico's effort to secure border 14 min tomin cali 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 46,683
Kennedy Assassination Was Probably Japan's Cons... (Nov '11) 5 hr fukuda 10
Perry 'double-dipping' raises questions (Dec '11) 7 hr Bill 25
Pearland: Growth increases crime rate (May '07) 9 hr Zack 66
A&M to dedicate key element of vaccine center 18 hr Vaccines Maim Kill 1
Militias complicate situation on Texas border Thu Guess Who 231
•••

Texas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••