American pianist Van Cliburn, whose 1...

American pianist Van Cliburn, whose 1958 triumph at a Moscow competition impressed world, dies

There are 3 comments on the Brandon Sun story from Feb 27, 2013, titled American pianist Van Cliburn, whose 1958 triumph at a Moscow competition impressed world, dies. In it, Brandon Sun reports that:

Van Cliburn, the internationally celebrated pianist whose triumph at a 1958 Moscow competition helped thaw the Cold War and launched a spectacular career that made him the rare classical musician to enjoy rock star status, has died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brandon Sun.

Sheik Yerbouti

Richmond, IN

#1 Feb 27, 2013
This is a great loss. I remember taking a few master classes from him around 1962-63. I am sorry to see him go. He was unassuming, not stuck up and a real gentleman.
Dan USA

Kenosha, WI

#2 Feb 28, 2013
Van Cliburn was a living god of his time.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#4 Feb 28, 2013
TOO BAD, A GREAT PERSON AND MUSICIAN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: 8 found dead in tractor-trailer; dr... 8 min KEEPER 2
News Students warned to prove Texas residence or leave (Sep '09) 41 min Gimmecurlyfries 27
News Pope, West Texas mayors talk - strength in numb... 1 hr help us lower taxes 3
News Texas deputy indicted for deadly confrontation ... 15 hr Laredo 1
News This Gay Man Wants to End Texas' War Against LG... Fri Ruby 21
News Texas Senate aiming to move divisive bills at b... Thu Fundi farts 8
News Transgender Texan posts photo with Abbott to de... Thu TerriB1 6
More from around the web