OB-GYN group criticizes Texas abortion bills

Jul 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KFVS12

The abortion bills under consideration in Texas are being denounced as a form of legislative overreach on the medical rights of women.

Comments
301 - 320 of 491 Comments Last updated Oct 20, 2013
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>If she had conceived him by IVF, would she have loved the ones she tossed in the waste heap, the same as the one(s) she gave birth to?
Would you?
Neither one of us would conceive that way. In my family, if a woman can't conceive, she would adopt a children needing a Mom and Dad.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you are. You are asking me to weigh in on another's decisions, concerning her reproductive path.
<quoted text>You asked, and I answered. My morals differ from yours in a variety of ways.
It would be against my morals to *fuck* another woman's husband, or anyone but my own husband,(since that's what you're really asking.)
It would be against my morals to abuse my children. Part of my definition of 'abuse' is leaving my children vulnerable to predation. Telling them all the truth I know, is the best way to keep them vigilant against predators.
My children are not rapists, thieves, murderers, or adulterers. They both graduated from accredited high schools. They support/(ed) themselves with good jobs.(One is deceased.) They are / have been faithfully monogamous with their respective sexual partners, and neither has ever made anyone pregnant. Precautions against pregnancy were taken seriously, because my kids know how serious it is to be a parent. I led by example.
They say 'Yes Ma'am, and 'No Ma'am'. They live upright lives. They are respectful of their elders. They help (ed) to support their family. I'm proud of the job I did as their parent, regardless of YOUR apprehensions.
Why do you make this personal about 'you'. My questions were to get a general feeling on what you consider societally acceptable. For every one.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you make this personal about 'you'. My questions were to get a general feeling on what you consider societally acceptable. For every one.
You ask questions and don't answer questions when you are asked. Why is that?

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither one of us would conceive that way. In my family, if a woman can't conceive, she would adopt a children needing a Mom and Dad.
How is this a straighter answer, than my answer to 'when should a woman be allowed to abort a healthy pregnancy?'
("I would never abort a healthy pregnancy, period."?)

It isn't, of course.
Your hypocrisy is duly noted...for you, a straight answer is the answer you agree with.

I find it interesting that you would have the effrontery to speak for your daughter in matters of reproduction, however.

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You're ASKING me. Person to person. How much more 'personal' can you get?

What I feel to be societally acceptable, is for each woman to make her own reproductive choices without interference from anyone she doesn't choose to consult on the matter. I'm not going to advocate that she abort, OR gestate, OR relinquish. Because I support her right to make HER OWN CHOICE....whatever it is.

Why is that so flippin' hard for you to wrap your brain around?

“Liberals hate free speech!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently it's enough of a burr under YOUR saddle, that you're here bitching about women's issues rather than hopping a military transport flight to Syria...
What's up with that, Habib?
Learn how to reproduce on your own then men will shut up about abortion.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask questions and don't answer questions when you are asked. Why is that?
I do.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>You're ASKING me. Person to person. How much more 'personal' can you get?
What I feel to be societally acceptable, is for each woman to make her own reproductive choices without interference from anyone she doesn't choose to consult on the matter. I'm not going to advocate that she abort, OR gestate, OR relinquish. Because I support her right to make HER OWN CHOICE....whatever it is.
Why is that so flippin' hard for you to wrap your brain around?
What I wrap my brain around is that you support abortion at any gestational stage. Why is that so hard for you to say?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>How is this a straighter answer, than my answer to 'when should a woman be allowed to abort a healthy pregnancy?'
("I would never abort a healthy pregnancy, period."?)
It isn't, of course.
Your hypocrisy is duly noted...for you, a straight answer is the answer you agree with.
I find it interesting that you would have the effrontery to speak for your daughter in matters of reproduction, however.
But you support other women aborting a healthy pregnancy at any stage. That would be the straight answer.

Why I hear people on here all the time say that their daughters are pro choice and would abort. In my family they would and have adopted. Is this a foriegn concept to you?

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What I wrap my brain around is that you support abortion at any gestational stage. Why is that so hard for you to say?
Given specific circumstances, MOST people support abortion 'at any gestational stage'....I posted several the other day, for which the vast majority supports the right of a woman to obtain an abortion...even in the final weeks of pregnancy.

That your daughter chose not to exercise that right, doesn't mean she didn't have it, or that other women shouldn't, either.

You love to ignore the fact that I support the right to continue gestation as passionately as anyone...why is that?

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
But you support other women aborting a healthy pregnancy at any stage. That would be the straight answer.
Why I hear people on here all the time say that their daughters are pro choice and would abort. In my family they would and have adopted. Is this a foriegn concept to you?
Sorry, hon. I don't have to follow your script, in order for my answer to be straight.

I support the right of a woman to make her own decision: if she perceives her pregnancy to be a threat to her health and well being, especially pre-viability, and chooses to abort, I agree that she should have that right. I don't advocate that she exercise it, or that she 'should' make the same choice as I would. You are unable to make that distinction, because you view the choices as 'good' or 'bad' in and of themselves. That's your problem...not mine.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
So what. I couldn't care less what members of YOUR family do. You have this incredibly arrogant attitude that every woman "should" do whatever YOUR women family members have done.

Well, too bad, inky, not every woman has to follow the life script that YOU have dictated for them. EACH woman has the freedom to decide for HERSELF whether or not to continue a pregnancy. What part of NOT YOUR PREGNANCY, NOT YOUR DECISION is too hard for you to understand?

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
PastorBob666

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

<<Why do you make this personal about 'you'. My questions were to get a general feeling on what you consider societally acceptable. For every one.>>

We don't live in the kind of society you envision. What is acceptable to Catholics, for example, is not acceptable to Jews. We are not a "cookie cutter" society. If you want to live like that, go to North Korea. Our society is very simple. It is not complex. If you want an abortion,you are free to have one. If you make the choice not to abort,even if it means losing your life due to a complicated pregnancy, where abortion is the only thing that will save your life, you are free to make that choice as well.
PastorBob666

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

<<Neither one of us would conceive that way. In my family, if a woman can't conceive, she would adopt a children needing a Mom and Dad.>>

Only as long as they are white babies. Teen and blacks (or other minorities) languishing in orphanages or foster care do not get adopted by your ilk.

“Liberals hate free speech!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what. I couldn't care less what members of YOUR family do. You have this incredibly arrogant attitude that every woman "should" do whatever YOUR women family members have done.
Well, too bad, inky, not every woman has to follow the life script that YOU have dictated for them. EACH woman has the freedom to decide for HERSELF whether or not to continue a pregnancy. What part of NOT YOUR PREGNANCY, NOT YOUR DECISION is too hard for you to understand?
Learn how to reproduce on your own, then men will shut up about abortions!
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You should do whatever you want. Who cares?

Pregnancy is optional too. Conceiving a child that you plan to kill is stupid.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

PastorBob666 wrote:
<<Neither one of us would conceive that way. In my family, if a woman can't conceive, she would adopt a children needing a Mom and Dad.>>
Only as long as they are white babies. Teen and blacks (or other minorities) languishing in orphanages or foster care do not get adopted by your ilk.
That's a tired retort. Don't you think that women who want children and can't have them, should adopt a child who needs a family?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

PastorBob666 wrote:
<<Why do you make this personal about 'you'. My questions were to get a general feeling on what you consider societally acceptable. For every one.>>
We don't live in the kind of society you envision. What is acceptable to Catholics, for example, is not acceptable to Jews. We are not a "cookie cutter" society. If you want to live like that, go to North Korea. Our society is very simple. It is not complex. If you want an abortion,you are free to have one. If you make the choice not to abort,even if it means losing your life due to a complicated pregnancy, where abortion is the only thing that will save your life, you are free to make that choice as well.
Yes we do. The general populace does have codes that they find acceptable or not. Yet you can do what you want but it doesn't mean it meets with approval or respect. I was just trying to get a handel on where her approval level was. Not talking legalities only feelings.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, hon. I don't have to follow your script, in order for my answer to be straight.
I support the right of a woman to make her own decision: if she perceives her pregnancy to be a threat to her health and well being, especially pre-viability, and chooses to abort, I agree that she should have that right. I don't advocate that she exercise it, or that she 'should' make the same choice as I would. You are unable to make that distinction, because you view the choices as 'good' or 'bad' in and of themselves. That's your problem...not mine.
You don't have any problem whatsoever with a woman deciding to abort a healthy eight month old fetus. Maybe the dad left the picture.

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a tired retort. Don't you think that women who want children and can't have them, should adopt a child who needs a family?
I think you enjoy going around 'shoulding' on others. It's the only way you know to feel good about yourself.
That's what I think.

Your arrogance, narrow-mindedness, and habit of looking down your nose, while poking it into the wombs of others, is duly noted.

You're a real piece of work, Dink.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••