Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 63620 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#47675 Jun 10, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, so MY money earn't after the country provides roads & infrastructure plus some of the best education facilities in the world that provides employees for MY company all belongs to ME! This is how you tea baggers think, it is beyond greed, it's ideology gone haywire.
For every dollar you empower the bottom end of the food chain it goes straight back into the economy, that's what creates jobs not million dollar exec's salaries.
In most countries 25 to 35% is the average tax rate and 40%+ for high income earners over a certain bracket. But the point is, research scientists get paid peanuts compared to a wall st jockey and in the end who is the most valuable to the country. Someone who comes up with a cure for cancer or the guy who works out an algorithm for derivative products.
Yes, that's why they are bankrupt and running across our borders.........get your GED.
litesong

Everett, WA

#47676 Jun 10, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Your castle of lies is made of mud, LOL.
//////////
mudbuilder banged out:
Is this an anagram or are you dyslexic?
//////////
litesong wrote:
"mudbuilder" sees the truth that it is a mudbuilder, as a disorder.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#47677 Jun 10, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are making this statement because it's what you want to believe. Science has shown that man is accelerating this heat way beyond the normal natural cycles and as a consequence of that we can expect extreme weather on far more frequent basis than any time in man's history.
Now this is what you refuse to believe or accept no matter how many people are saying it.
science isn't based on consensus, so it doesn't matter how many people are promoting an untested hoax.
litesong

Everett, WA

#47678 Jun 10, 2014
ratdownthemiddledownwronggully wrote:
science isn't.....
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" has no science or mathematics degrees(altho IT SAYS IT has science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in some form of a hi skule DEE-plooomaa), but it states that 10,000 to 20,000 science papers supporting AGW that are published in Science Journals, don't mean nuthin'.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#47679 Jun 10, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>science isn't based on consensus, so it doesn't matter how many people are promoting an untested hoax.
OK, then perhaps you could explain to us in a simple way exactly how they could test it other than a mathematical model ? I mean a lab test proves that CO2 is a green house gas, so we already know that. But what possible way could it be tested on a whole planet, send a few nuke missiles to a nearby earth like planet and record the effects. Just what would you recommend that would satisfy your scientific doubts ?

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#47680 Jun 10, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Blog posts are OK or not?
Depends whether they accurately report the peer reviewed science or misrepresent it.

Mine accurately report it, yours misrepresent it.

Depends whether you can defend the arguments made in the blog.

I can, you can't.
Fred

Colby, KS

#47681 Jun 10, 2014
it's all the hot air coming from the dems in D C.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#47682 Jun 11, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends whether they accurately report the peer reviewed science or misrepresent it.
Mine accurately report it, yours misrepresent it.
Depends whether you can defend the arguments made in the blog.
I can, you can't.
Your post #c47628 is a good example.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

It's such an obvious misrepresentation of peer reviewed science that even Fox News doesn't make the same mistake.

Are you willing to defend it?

No.

Are you able to defend it?

No.

Do you have the honesty to admit it was wrong?

No.

For somebody who goes on about hypocrisy, you have an ironic lack of moral integrity.

But you're just here to throw shit.

Not really surprising you don't want to smell it afterwards.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#47683 Jun 11, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>it happened before and it will happen again. my escalade is guilty of neither.
I see, it happened before and and it will happen again but nothing is causing it to change. Cool.
SpaceBlues

Magnolia, TX

#47685 Jun 11, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
The Sky Is Falling And Other Great Moments In Climate Forecasting
http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2014/06/09...
Did it occur to you that sincere experts are expressing their concerns based on their knowledge to the public?

Did it occur to you that they are being listened to with gratitude and actions are taken in response so that "the sky won't fall?"

Did it occur to you that some countries like Italy expect their scientists to warn them of even natural disasters? Come on, this is a man-made disaster in progress!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#47686 Jun 11, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" has no science or mathematics degrees(altho IT SAYS IT has science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in some form of a hi skule DEE-plooomaa), but it states that 10,000 to 20,000 science papers supporting AGW that are published in Science Journals, don't mean nuthin'.
they men something.....just not what your crowd claims they prove.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#47687 Jun 11, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
btw....here's a list that goes counter to what your crowd claims, son.
http://www.petitionproject.org/

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#47688 Jun 11, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, it happened before and and it will happen again but nothing is causing it to change. Cool.
glad you've seen the 'sunlight', son!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#47689 Jun 11, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, then perhaps you could explain to us in a simple way exactly how they could test it other than a mathematical model ? I mean a lab test proves that CO2 is a green house gas, so we already know that. But what possible way could it be tested on a whole planet, send a few nuke missiles to a nearby earth like planet and record the effects. Just what would you recommend that would satisfy your scientific doubts ?
co2 is a ghg.....and you want the world to believe it's a climate driver. don't you see the absurdity, son? 4% and rising.....but temps aren't following suit. why test something that has already been proven as failed science?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#47690 Jun 11, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>they men something.....just not what your crowd claims they prove.
.WOW.. Let's get this right!

You have studied/understood ALLEGEDLY thousands of climate science papers and your opposition "crowd" and their claims. Thus you have found what???

BWAHAHAHAHA you are hilarious.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#47691 Jun 11, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>.WOW.. Let's get this right!
You have studied/understood ALLEGEDLY thousands of climate science papers and your opposition "crowd" and their claims. Thus you have found what???
BWAHAHAHAHA you are hilarious.
i've found that the minor ghg, co2, can absorb some heat,....but it is not a climate driver. have you found anything different and shown an experimental test counter to that, son?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#47692 Jun 11, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>glad you've seen the 'sunlight', son!!
You are a real hoot! Betcha didn't even pass middle school general science.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#47693 Jun 11, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i've found that the minor ghg, co2, can absorb some heat,....but it is not a climate driver. have you found anything different and shown an experimental test counter to that, son?
They never will ... but will continue to claim their theories as proven science.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#47694 Jun 11, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a real hoot! Betcha didn't even pass middle school general science.
you also wager that man made co2 is driving the planet's climate.

are you always broke?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#47695 Jun 11, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
They never will ... but will continue to claim their theories as proven science.
One would believe that if the catastrophic damage they claim co2 is causing were real....they'd be a little less hypocritical in their use fossil fuels. They love to waste it, however, by spewing pseudoscience and idiocy every day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dog sniffs out hefty load of drugs at border 1 hr New Resident 18
News Bigfoot in Alice, Texas? 1 hr LA pp reynolds 12
News El Paso leaders condemn Sessions' remarks about... 11 hr DC Dave 66
News Republican Cracks Emerging in Trump's Coal-Heav... 13 hr joe 2
News Prison company struggles to get license for fam... 14 hr joe 2
Try To Beat My Score (Texas Road Quiz) 18 hr dkranks 1
Why are so many outsiders wanting to all of a s... Mon TexanAmerican 1
More from around the web