Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 61018 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

litesong

Everett, WA

#47123 May 23, 2014
justhefacts wrote:
A poll released recently reported that 7 percent of American journalists say they are Republicans.....
Thank you for documenting the long & continual decrease in re-pubic-lick-un numbers. Of course, re-pubic-lick-un decreases shoot through society in general. In gov't, re-pubic-lick-uns are forced to undemocratic processes of gerrymandering, state gov't manipulations, & loud talking to make the public think they still have power. Yeah, the re-pubic-lick-uns are on their way out.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#47124 May 23, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for documenting the long & continual decrease in re-pubic-lick-un numbers. Of course, re-pubic-lick-un decreases shoot through society in general. In gov't, re-pubic-lick-uns are forced to undemocratic processes of gerrymandering, state gov't manipulations, & loud talking to make the public think they still have power. Yeah, the re-pubic-lick-uns are on their way out.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new s/politics/gop-leads-dems-midt erm-election-poll-article-1.17 98727

seems to me people are getting tired of liberal policies and lies.....just like your lies here, son.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/05/politic...

too bad global warming hasn't sped up....at least for you quacks.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#47125 May 23, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>your models have all failed.
hansen said the west side highway in new york would be under water by now.
who really looks stupid, son?
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/photo-provided-d...

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#47126 May 23, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>and man made co2 is still but a small fraction of the total annual co2 emissions. if you assume man is responsible for heating the earth...you must also assume it's possible for man to cool the planet as well.
how are you going too do either, sparky?
Sure.

We just need to stop burning fossil fuels overnight, devote all agricultural and arboreal production to CO2 sequestration, all mining effort to obtaining silicate rock, and all industrial effort into using it to sequester CO2, all for a few decades or so, then we could see a reduction in temperatures due to declining CO2 levels.

Of course, smart readers will notice that only a fool or a troll would seriously propose such a course of action.

brian is of course a troll.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#47127 May 23, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/gop-...
seems to me people are getting tired of liberal policies and lies.....just like your lies here, son.
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/05/politic...
too bad global warming hasn't sped up....at least for you quacks.

Global warming not slowing - it's speeding up

The Earth is gaining heat faster than ever

In 2013 the EarthÂ’s oceans accumulated energy at a rate of 12 Hiroshima atomic bombs per second, according to global ocean heat content records from the US National Oceanographic Data Center (NODC). This rapid heating in 2013 compares to an average of 4 Hiroshima bombs per second since 1998, and 2 bombs per second since records began in 1955.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warmin...
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#47128 May 23, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>your models have all failed.
hansen said the west side highway in new york would be under water by now.
who really looks stupid, son?
YOU.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#47129 May 23, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>And if you could see how using "deniers" makes you sound antisemitic. That word means people who deny the Shoah and the genocide of six million Jews.
Let me ask you, G.C.(forgot original password); does Israel have the right to exist as a Jewish state?
Once again, your reasoning is defective and your comments are absurd. But, it's just about the Holocaust this time.

OK, BG, I'll bite. Do they? As long as they keep emulating their Nazi tormenters of 70 years ago, I would guess they can do whatever the fug they want to.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#47130 May 23, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
sorry, trollie boy, he claimed it would be under wter due to sea level rise......not a temporary storm surge. you have any empirical evidence, however, that the hurricane hit because of angry fossil fuel emissions?

ha ha ha

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#47131 May 23, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU.
actually, son, "ozritz" said it was you on post #47114!

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/edu_bes_edu_...

“Headline already in use”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#47132 May 23, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
Global warming not slowing - it's speeding up The Earth is gaining heat faster than ever In 2013 the EarthÂ’s oceans accumulated energy at a rate of 12 Hiroshima atomic bombs per second, according to global ocean heat content records from the US National Oceanographic Data Center (NODC). This rapid heating in 2013 compares to an average of 4 Hiroshima bombs per second since 1998, and 2 bombs per second since records began in 1955.
[URL deleted]
Back in the 50's the superpowers routinely tested real nuclear bombs in the atmosphere. Now, the green troll is writing about carbon dioxide that's vital to life. They made more sense when they were worried about the radioactivity.

Man made carbon dioxide isn't radioactive. What's not to love about global warming?

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#47133 May 23, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, trollie boy, he claimed it would be under wter due to sea level rise......not a temporary storm surge. you have any empirical evidence, however, that the hurricane hit because of angry fossil fuel emissions?
ha ha ha
And why was the storm surge so high? Sea level rise of course played a part.
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#47134 May 23, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Blah blah blah you are WRONG.
You have no idea about climate science. You have no idea about the climate observations. You have no idea about the ongoing and first ever man-made global climate change.
Of course, you have no idea how to design and run a climate model.
Go away, silly goose.
Apparently neither do the experts,which you are not. Hell even your master Obozo says after the Chicago winter it will be hard to convince people about Global Warming,wait...Global cooling,wait.... Climate change,wait.... Climate disruption,wait....
These so-called "experts" can't even come up with a name for it. The scam,and it is a scam is going nowhere. people aren't buying the junk your selling. Especially when the liar and his puppet swiftboat kerry are preaching to the choir. We know that honesty is NOT a top priority for the clowns.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#47135 May 23, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>actually, son, "ozritz" said it was you on post #47114!
http://www.statemaster.com/graph/edu_bes_edu_...
Actually caveman may live in a Red state but I would not hold that against him. His posts make sense and are logical unlike your own. Tea party posts in here trying to declare all followers of demo politics dumb was a total falsehood & facts indicate the opposite. The stats graph clearly illustrates that.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47136 May 23, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Blah blah blah you are WRONG.
You have no idea about climate science. You have no idea about the climate observations. You have no idea about the ongoing and first ever man-made global climate change.
Of course, you have no idea how to design and run a climate model.
Go away, silly goose.
It's you who should "go away".

With each post you puff out more of that dreadful, evil CO2 that you claim is at "crisis" levels.

So... follow your own advice, or continue to demonstrate your hypocrisy.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47137 May 23, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
Climate change isn't theoretical, or imaginary, or hypothetical or even political. It's just real, here and now, and community officials have to deal with it...
Ahh... so "community officials have to deal with it" and you're free to puff out more and more CO2?

What a hypocrite.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47138 May 23, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Claiming it to be real and responsible for the events that you have attributed it to with no demonstrable facts to support the claims makes them just that ... "claims". Others refer to these claims as opinions, but only those on the left claim them as facts.
And "facts" that the left don't abide by, but expect everyone else to do so.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#47139 May 23, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
It's you who should "go away".
With each post you puff out more of that dreadful, evil CO2 that you claim is at "crisis" levels.
So... follow your own advice, or continue to demonstrate your hypocrisy.
So what would you do in a crisis, lock yourself in a closet until you think its safe to come out or do something positive like get rid of the threat in the first place.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47140 May 23, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.
We just need to stop burning fossil fuels overnight, devote all agricultural and arboreal production to CO2 sequestration, all mining effort to obtaining silicate rock, and all industrial effort into using it to sequester CO2, all for a few decades or so, then we could see a reduction in temperatures due to declining CO2 levels.
Of course, smart readers will notice that only a fool or a troll would seriously propose such a course of action.
brian is of course a troll.
Last week President Obama was speechifying all big on climate change, but yesterday he went to Chicago for a couple of fundraisers.

Smart folks wonder how the guy can be so big with the warmists one week then in the following those same have nothing to say about his use of fossil fuels.

Have a seat next to Spaceballs in the Hypocrisy Penalty Box.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47141 May 23, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Global warming not slowing - it's speeding up
So what?

No one is ever held accountable for their rampant hypocrisy.

Keep posting... with each one you (like spaceballs) demonstrate that this isn't a crisis at all.

LOL
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#47142 May 23, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU.
I'd say it's those that support the "theory" but hold none of their own accountable to the "science" they all claim to believe.

Dupe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confederate monument near MLK Jr. Drive in East... 9 hr 1Victorious365 1
News Border Patrol Saves Illegal Alien from Buzzards 11 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 5
News Latinos: A New Immigration Plan From Donald Tru... Tue ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 5
News Is White Lives Matter a movement or white supre... Tue Paddy O-Malley 1
News Texas teacher accused of having sex with teenag... Aug 22 Paddy O-Malley 1
News Texas A&M player charged with assault involving... Aug 21 Paddy O-Malley 1
News Texas Man Arrested in Decapitation Murder of Au... Aug 21 Paddy O-Malley 1
More from around the web