Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 2,193)

Showing posts 43,841 - 43,860 of45,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
Yeah the polls around the Fox news room don't count. Oh I forgot you had Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann both of which demonstrate the skill sets required to become leader by the GOP.
Right on! Tea Party takes Republican party to November victory.
justhefacts

Englishtown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2014

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>So your position is all political. No room for science and reason.
What are you talking about I USED basic Math and Science… I said the U.S. can drop off the map and STILL you cant save a planet it can save itself. MATH 101 more population higher birth rates in US from Dems welfare freebie baby factories born by Medicaid in carbon footprint. The average footprint for people in United States is 20.40 metric tons per person. So when I read the obituaries of the minorities with 6,.8,.12, 16 kids per women WTF do you think that adds up in carbon footprint,. You Dems don’t give a rats A## of that Dem baby factory in carbon footprint because you use Welfare feed them and they will vote for you and LOVE power more the you LOVE the planet and that D#M rescue dog B.S
Now add longer living from newer medicines in U.S and 2nd and 3rd world countries and their high African India birth rates, the PLANET will run out of food weather there climate change or NOT… this IS basic sciences 101…
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, it was a Republican who opened China to the world, President Nixon.

Why are you Democrats so uneducated!!!! Nixon in 70s had ZIP to do Chinas products killing US jobs and factories. It was President CLINTION that opened up China with him signing the Trade act with China in 20000 Skippy, which historically lowered the U.S. Import tax that was the buffer in wage protection of foreign wages outdoing U.S. wages.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/story...

In Clintons speech on the southwest lawn he touted how HE spearheaded the Trade act with China and we can sell to them. He was MORE interested in getting China to join the (WTO), World Trade Organization to try and force China to adopt treating Chinese’s workers more fairly. Hear we go again the Dems bleeding heart liberals thought they could stop U.S poverty with there 50s welfare and 50 years later Poverty is worse then ever. Dems didn’t learn from that and again here comes Clinton same Stupid Dem mentality. Clinton also signed the NAFTA in 93 that sent U.S. jobs to Mexico, He NEVER learned from that that and did the SAME thing globally in 2000 with China and caused the Biggest U.S. recession since the great depression. U.S. lost 42,400 U.S. factories from 2000 to 2009 because US factories had two choices being that overnight they can’t compete with Chinas wage Diff. So you either close your doors or TRY and survive and farm work out overseas. All you CNN news reported was US took jobs overseas and NEVER said WHY!!!!!!! Im a scholar on many subjects like this in 1000s of hours in Historical research. Yet you Dems thinks Bush caused the recession HOW!!!! Recession just doesn't drop out of the sky. Something BIG had to happen/change to read ”Made in China”

I think you better do some research before you look so stupid and uneducated following that Kool-Aid BS..

FYI I am Justhefacts and have several years and 1000s of Hours in research and most of that comes from the Government historical sites in FACTS. Gov tracts numbers and data for decades no matter who’s driving the bus...
justhefacts

Englishtown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2014

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>The USA may have a population of less than five percent of the world but we emit nearly a quarter of CO2 plus our consumption of products from China and other countries accounts for a good deal more. So our efforts to reduce CO2 are important.
Why do YOU think this is important Obama didn’t think so. Again you Dems are fool of BS when it comes to actually practice what you preach.
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2011/Dec/09/un...

More than 120 climate-vulnerable countries signed on to the EU vision calling for all countries to be held accountable for their carbon emissions in the future, not just the industrial countries. The U.S., China and India, all for slightly different reasons, refused.
European climate commissioner Connie Hedegaard said she was encouraged by progress overnight, but warned that if the three largest polluters stand fast, "I don't think that there will be a deal in Durban.

It's a strange world when the U.S. is aligning with China and India to block action on global warming," said Jake Schmidt of the New York-based Natural Resources Defense Council.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/intera...

https://www.google.com/search...

China produced more Millions metric tons carbon emmesion then the U.S. as far back as 1955 according to this chart

https://www.google.com/search... .
justhefacts

Englishtown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2014

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You rush to war over anything, hater.

What are you talking about I posted ONE post and simply said ( by the numbers) we will run out of FOOD on the planet before you Dems can save the planet in global warming

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/12/07/impending...
Impending Crisis: Earth to Run Out of Food by 2050?

http://www.indiaonlinepages.com/population/in...

Current Population of India - India, with 1,270,272,105 (1.27 billion) people is the second most populous country in the world, while China is on the top with over 1,360,044,605 (1.36 billion) people. The figures show that India represents almost 17.31% of the world's population, which means one out of six people on this planet live in India. Although, the crown of the world's most populous country is on China's head for decades, India is all set to take the numero uno position by 2030. With the population growth rate at 1.58%, India is predicted to have more than 1.53 billion people by the end of 2030.

More than 50% of India's current population is below the age of 25 and over 65% below the age of 35. About 72.2% of the population lives in some 638,000 villages and the rest 27.8% in about 5,480 towns and urban agglomerations. The birth rate (child births per 1,000 people per year) is 22.22 births/1,000 population (2009 est.) while death rate (deaths per 1000 individuals per year) is 6.4 deaths/1,000 population. Fertility rate is 2.72 children born/woman (NFHS-3, 2008) and Infant mortality rate is 30.15 deaths/1,000 live births (2009 estimated). India has the largest illiterate population in the world. The literacy rate of India as per 2011 Population Census is 74.04%, with male literacy rate at 82.14% and female at 65.46%. Kerala has the highest literacy rate at 93.9%, Lakshadweep (92.3%) is on the second position and Mizoram (91.6%) is on third.

Every year, India adds more people than any other nation in the world, and in fact the individual population of some of its states is equal to the total population of many countries

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/IS.VEH.PC...

At India’s birth rates and as it develops more quickly and presently India’s population is exploding and has 11 cars per 10000 pop. US has 440 cars per 1000. So two things Indian at 1.2 billion become more industrialized… adds 100s of millions in car emission (global warming) so what’s next FOOD will be the battle from country to county to feed its own people so WAR is evitable over survival.

YET you Dems WONT tell people simple FACTS and LIE to people purposely miss guiding your voter base to win an election yet the planet will RUN out of FOOD before mankind can save a planet.

WHY cant you people understand basic MATH and logic and Science!!!!???
justhefacts

Englishtown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text> the GOP put up token women with nothing to offer other than look good on a ticket. The only one with half a brain was Connie Rice when she worked for Bush.
I do find this very amusing, Pot calling the kettle black

DNC ticket

Hillary lived in the W.H for 8 years.

Clinton was Regan’s counter part. Dem tout women rights etc so why the DNC kick out Hillary and went for the “Token” light Blackman a nobody junior senator that if we put his resume against Hillary’s its NO contest.

I’ve NEVER seen such a lopsided job application pick for a “worker”
Even Hillary was pissed she was kicked out so early by her own party

What I see was White Dems at the highest level practicing reverse Racism and using a skin color to win a presidential election.

So who actually use a “Token” at the highest level???? D.N.C.

Now Im curious on “nothing to offer” At this point I want to shut down the W.H. when Dem house speaker says ....Pass the Obama care bill now and we will see whats in it later

mmm call the an offering????.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
I do find this very amusing, Pot calling the kettle black
DNC ticket
Hillary lived in the W.H for 8 years.
Now Im curious on “nothing to offer” At this point I want to shut down the W.H. when Dem house speaker says ....Pass the Obama care bill now and we will see whats in it later
mmm call the an offering????.
I can't argue with you about who had the better resume for the job, however Obama obviously pushed all the right buttons so he was chosen because he had an X factor Hillary didn't have.
btw "nothing to offer" refers to Palin & Bachmann appealing until they open their mouth & put their foot in it.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about I posted ONE post and simply said ( by the numbers) we will run out of FOOD on the planet before you Dems can save the planet in global warming

WHY cant you people understand basic MATH and logic and Science!!!!???
That you are a stupid hater. You see others as "Dems" so you can post hatred.

Who lacks understanding of basic science, mathematics , and science happens to be YOURSELF, LIAR.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

Bloody Bill Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
To set the facts straight, Asia cannot feed its people now, much less produce enough food to export.
Lack of food is always a matter of money, NOT supply. We have enough to feed everyone several times over but waste and high prices are the problems. Please get an education. Ignorance and prejudice are not an education.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>And my point went over yours, the GOP put up token women with nothing to offer other than look good on a ticket. The only one with half a brain was Connie Rice when she worked for Bush.
Token women, pray tell kumquat who.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Token women, pray tell kumquat who.
Well who would you put up Ann Coulter ?? A female version of Rush & Beck where the most inspiring thing she could say is what she had for lunch. The rest of the time is taken up telling us what's wrong with the government. HTF could anyone be inspired by that, a totally empty vessel lacking purpose and ideas. Much like the tea party.
Her latest light bulb moment was to tweet a mock of Michelle Obama who added herself to the campaign of bringing back the kidnapped girls in Nigeria. Coulter posted with a sign "bring back our country". I mean that says it all, class that is lower than a snakes belly.
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well who would you put up Ann Coulter ?? A female version of Rush & Beck where the most inspiring thing she could say is what she had for lunch. The rest of the time is taken up telling us what's wrong with the government. HTF could anyone be inspired by that, a totally empty vessel lacking purpose and ideas. Much like the tea party.
Her latest light bulb moment was to tweet a mock of Michelle Obama who added herself to the campaign of bringing back the kidnapped girls in Nigeria. Coulter posted with a sign "bring back our country". I mean that says it all, class that is lower than a snakes belly.
In your genious,please explain how a dam hashtag is going to do anything to bring back the kidnapped girls.
They could have stomped the terrorist group several years ago while your queen killery was running state,but she chose not to listen.Now look what we have.So who ever wins the twitter war gets the girls,right?
Progressives would screw up a bowl of ice cream.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

le jumbo bog wrote:
NASA is bogus
"le jumbo bog" is in a NASty big bog, with "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully".
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]Right on! Tea Party takes Republican party to November victory.[/QUOTE]

Looks like the tea baggers ran into re-pubic-lick-uns that lie as effectively as tea baggers.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/politics/...

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"le jumbo bog" is in a NASty big bog, with "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully".
and you claim to be a university of washington undergrad.

seriously?

bwaahahahhahhahhahhahaaaa

you're less believable than the obama administration....if that's possible, bird killer.
Climatologist Jacob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

CNN boss Jeff Zucker conceded that his audience is not interested in the network's global warming agenda, but he indicated that he will try to find more creative ways to make them care.

"Climate change is one of those stories that deserves more attention, that we all talk about, but we haven't figured out how to engage the audience in that story in a meaningful way," Zucker said Monday at an awards dinner in New York. "When we do do those stories, there does tend to be a tremendous amount of lack of interest on the audience's part."

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

Climatologist Jacob wrote:
CNN boss Jeff Zucker conceded that his audience is not interested in the network's global warming agenda, but he indicated that he will try to find more creative ways to make them care.
"Climate change is one of those stories that deserves more attention, that we all talk about, but we haven't figured out how to engage the audience in that story in a meaningful way," Zucker said Monday at an awards dinner in New York. "When we do do those stories, there does tend to be a tremendous amount of lack of interest on the audience's part."
zucker is a "has been". he still believes people don't care or/and they're stupid like in the past.

agw is the best thing that happened to rational voters of this country. enough bullshyt is enough. people see the hoax. and it is a hoax. make no mistake.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2014

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>zucker is a "has been". he still believes people don't care or/and they're stupid like in the past.
agw is the best thing that happened to rational voters of this country. enough bullshyt is enough. people see the hoax. and it is a hoax. make no mistake.
No doubt you would have been shouting the loudest when Bush sent in the troops to Iraq looking for WMD's. Rational voters would have known that was a hoax,

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
No doubt you would have been shouting the loudest when Bush sent in the troops to Iraq looking for WMD's. Rational voters would have known that was a hoax,
Hillary Clinton voted for the invasion too, Biden voted to invade Afghanistan.

We're still in Afghanistan and more Americans have died there since Obama took office than in all of Bush's two terms.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
Then why did Senator Kerry and Senator Clinton vote to go into Iraq? Biden voted for the use of force in Afghanistan and under his administration more Americans have been lost there than all of Bush's two terms.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Hillary Clinton voted for the invasion too, Biden voted to invade Afghanistan.
We're still in Afghanistan and more Americans have died there since Obama took office than in all of Bush's two terms.
I just love how you ringers play with stats, the reason Bush might have had fewer casualties was because no-one was there, they were all in Iraq. Another monumental mistake the Bush administration made, cleaning up the Taliban and then pulling out letting them regroup.

In the meantime 1000's more die in Iraq just so they could celebrate with a car bomb at the markets every other week. Democracy does wonders in the middle east.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 43,841 - 43,860 of45,761
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••