Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 60655 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#42892 Jan 24, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
However, the Arctic is warm......for the Arctic. AGW enhanced warm fronts push hard into the NP region, causing the higher temperatures. Simultaneously, the AGW enhanced warm fronts push cold Arctic fronts south, onto the U.S.
AGW advocates are happy that touched toxic topix AGW deniers finally take an interest in AGW, even tho, in unscientific mentality, touched toxic topix AGW deniers only want to disprove AGW.
However, enhanced AGW warm fronts moving into the Arctic, pushing Arctic cold to the south, still could be stronger. In 2009 a powerful AGW enhanced warm front forced itself to the NP. The enhanced AGW warm front was so powerful, Arctic sea ice melted & reduced in area for 11 days. During that period, Arctic cold was driven rapidly & strongly southward. Maine set its all-time recorded low temperature of -50degF. The cold front continued south, setting cold records in the U.S. south, into Mexico & even into Central America.
The winter is still with us. Maybe touched toxic topix AGW deniers will get their wishes..... that AGW enhanced warm fronts will cause even more cold for touched toxic topix AGW deniers to complain about.
It's so cold because it's so hot......

How are these governments going to control Mother Naature?

And..........Go

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#42893 Jan 24, 2014
Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
My great-grandfather used to be part of the crew that collected weather data back in the early 1900's. He said they didn't really keep accurate records. "Close enough for government work" were his words. He also drank a bit. Often said the thermometers were broke, so they guessed at the temperature so they could still get paid.
How many times have we seen this moronic post, at least you deniers might get a bit more creative. But perhaps that is asking too much, to come up with some challenging solution to why global warming is happening other than what we know. Well to you guys it's a bit like asking a Elephant (GOP) to dance.

Location hidden

#42894 Jan 24, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so cold because it's so hot......
How are these governments going to control Mother Naature?
And..........Go
Why do ALL deniers refuse to make the connection between global warming and extreme weather ? I mean that is the WHOLE purpose of reducing emissions, it would be pointless otherwise. Extreme weather is everything mother nature produces, so why single out one against the other. It doesn't make any logical sense, then again not much of anything you deniers post do.
Like those lil news grabs regarding fisherman having to go further and further out to sea to catch fish because the ocean temps are too warm, the fish move to colder waters. So they were welcoming the big freeze in the USA as they get a bigger pay day. If you start to take notice of all these things that come in almost on a daily basis now, you MIGHT just start to think something is not right here, this should not be happening. Well I wonder how long its going to take before the brick drops on your head!

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#42895 Jan 24, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do ALL deniers refuse to make the connection between global warming and extreme weather ? I mean that is the WHOLE purpose of reducing emissions, it would be pointless otherwise. Extreme weather is everything mother nature produces, so why single out one against the other. It doesn't make any logical sense, then again not much of anything you deniers post do.
Like those lil news grabs regarding fisherman having to go further and further out to sea to catch fish because the ocean temps are too warm, the fish move to colder waters. So they were welcoming the big freeze in the USA as they get a bigger pay day. If you start to take notice of all these things that come in almost on a daily basis now, you MIGHT just start to think something is not right here, this should not be happening. Well I wonder how long its going to take before the brick drops on your head!
You still didn't answer the question brainiac?

Assuming your right and I'm wrong.....

How are these governments going to control Mother Nature?
Who gonna pay for it?
How many degrees are these new programs going to lower the Globe?

Location hidden

#42896 Jan 24, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
You still didn't answer the question brainiac?
Assuming your right and I'm wrong.....
How are these governments going to control Mother Nature?
Who gonna pay for it?
How many degrees are these new programs going to lower the Globe?
It's never about controlling Mother Nature, as I said before it's trying to stop Mother Nature giving us the finger. In otherwords reducing emissions, will hopefully reduce the occurrence of extreme weather in terms of frequency. It won't stop it altogether but it's a whole lot cheaper than having complete communities being blown away, flooded or burnt to the ground every other year. It effects tourism, cropping, transport, you name it extreme weather has costs that far exceed prevention insurance.(emission control)

Like this interesting article that highlights our effect on nature:
"Canada and the United States may have outsourced a large amount of manufacturing to China over the years, but a new study shows that pollution from heavy industry concentrated on the east coast of Asia is drifting across the Pacific Ocean and helping foul the air on North America’s west coast."
"The emissions from that outsourced production – which have contributed to pushing heavily polluted areas such as Los Angeles over air quality limits – have even greater impact on sparsely populated areas with less industry, such as British Columbia."

“I call it ‘cash and carry karma,’” she said.“The pollution comes back. It kind of just shows us – it’s one world.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-c...
Texas

Corona Del Mar, CA

#42897 Jan 24, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times have we seen this moronic post, at least you deniers might get a bit more creative. But perhaps that is asking too much, to come up with some challenging solution to why global warming is happening other than what we know. Well to you guys it's a bit like asking a Elephant (GOP) to dance.
I wasn't aware others had family members with similar experiences. That's good to know. It unfortunately adds credence to the unreliability of the early data.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#42898 Jan 24, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
However, the Arctic is warm......for the Arctic. AGW enhanced warm fronts push hard into the NP region, causing the higher temperatures. Simultaneously, the AGW enhanced warm fronts push cold Arctic fronts south, onto the U.S.
AGW advocates are happy that touched toxic topix AGW deniers finally take an interest in AGW, even tho, in unscientific mentality, touched toxic topix AGW deniers only want to disprove AGW.
However, enhanced AGW warm fronts moving into the Arctic, pushing Arctic cold to the south, still could be stronger. In 2009 a powerful AGW enhanced warm front forced itself to the NP. The enhanced AGW warm front was so powerful, Arctic sea ice melted & reduced in area for 11 days. During that period, Arctic cold was driven rapidly & strongly southward. Maine set its all-time recorded low temperature of -50degF. The cold front continued south, setting cold records in the U.S. south, into Mexico & even into Central America.
The winter is still with us. Maybe touched toxic topix AGW deniers will get their wishes..... that AGW enhanced warm fronts will cause even more cold for touched toxic topix AGW deniers to complain about.
gee thanks for your long winded version of admitting you don't know what you're talking about let alone why you believe the shyt that you do.

man made global warming orthodoxy is a mental illness.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#42899 Jan 24, 2014
Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't aware others had family members with similar experiences. That's good to know. It unfortunately adds credence to the unreliability of the early data.
Nope, just the same creep posting the same story over and over using different names- from the same location.

http://www.topix.com/forum/state/tx/T1046AOH0...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fort-lauderda...

Texas

Corona Del Mar, CA

#42900 Jan 24, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, just the same creep posting the same story over and over using different names- from the same location.
http://www.topix.com/forum/state/tx/T1046AOH0...
My great grandfather said he used to use this type of thermometer.

http://www.georgeglazer.com/decarts/instrumen...

He's quite old now so I'm not sure if his memory is working well. He said it would get stuck once in a while until he would tap it with his screwdriver.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#42901 Jan 24, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's never about controlling Mother Nature, as I said before it's trying to stop Mother Nature giving us the finger. In otherwords reducing emissions, will hopefully reduce the occurrence of extreme weather in terms of frequency. It won't stop it altogether but it's a whole lot cheaper than having complete communities being blown away, flooded or burnt to the ground every other year. It effects tourism, cropping, transport, you name it extreme weather has costs that far exceed prevention insurance.(emission control)
Like this interesting article that highlights our effect on nature:
"Canada and the United States may have outsourced a large amount of manufacturing to China over the years, but a new study shows that pollution from heavy industry concentrated on the east coast of Asia is drifting across the Pacific Ocean and helping foul the air on North America’s west coast."
"The emissions from that outsourced production – which have contributed to pushing heavily polluted areas such as Los Angeles over air quality limits – have even greater impact on sparsely populated areas with less industry, such as British Columbia."
“I call it ‘cash and carry karma,’” she said.“The pollution comes back. It kind of just shows us – it’s one world.”
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-c...
So hopefully something might hopefully happen to hopefully control the weather.

Well that explains it all.

You starting to see how desperate and ridiculous you sound.

You just keep hoping.
litesong

Everett, WA

#42902 Jan 24, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ", "middleofthedownwronggull y"] long winded version.......[/QUOTE]

So you have to mouth words while you type.
litesong

Everett, WA

#42903 Jan 24, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ", "middleofthedownwronggull y"] long winded version.......[/QUOTE]

Glad you don't understand.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#42905 Jan 25, 2014
thanks for the comedy, imbecile.

pssst......maybe you should change your moniker to 'limpsong'.

apparently you're a very young kid, so please try hard not to be stupid your entire life.

:-D
SpaceBlues

United States

#42907 Jan 25, 2014
Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
He's quite old now so I'm not sure if his memory is working well. He said it would get stuck once in a while until he would tap it with his screwdriver.
blah blah blah..

Are you worried about being like him?
Climate Scientist

Fullerton, CA

#42908 Jan 25, 2014
Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
The Draper thermometers are legendary and classic! Wish I had one on display in my lab.
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

#42909 Jan 25, 2014
OMG... Further PROOF that "cognitive dissonance" is a prerequisite for believing in CAGW.
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's never about controlling Mother Nature, as I said before it's trying to stop Mother Nature .../
:-D
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

#42910 Jan 25, 2014
I suspect that this will remain my favorite quote for quite some time!
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's never about controlling Mother Nature, as I said before it's trying to stop Mother Nature /
...especially the part about "as I said before".
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

#42911 Jan 25, 2014
Well, time to sign off... Gotta push all that Global Warming off the driveway so I can get out and enjoy the unprecedented extreme sunshine.

Stay warm my friends,

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#42912 Jan 25, 2014
If you think I even care your beautiful tropical island paradise is sinking under the seas; check it out. I've never seen you helping me adapt to climate change shoveling snow off my walk or drive way so why should I help you learn to swim?
truth facts

Delaware, OH

#42913 Jan 25, 2014
Sad news for you global warming nut cases:
When Quinnipiac asked voters "What do you think should be the top priority for President Obama and Congress in 2014?" -- income inequality earned 1%, class inequality earned 1%, gun issues earned 1%, and immigration earned only 2%.

More bad news for a media desperate to further their Global Warming hoax through the dark art of portraying everyday weather as The Worst Ever, is that only 2% of the public see the environment as a priority.

2%,that's all? Gosh the way you nut cases go off the handle you'd think that it would be the opposite.We'll just sit back and enjoy making fun of you bozos.Mother nature rules, global warming nut jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion clini... 12 min WeTheSheeple 120
News Happy Birthday, Samuel Lightnin' Hopkins, Pione... (Mar '15) 4 hr strong 5
News El Paso Naturally Texas' westernmost city thriv... 6 hr Upstart blogger 3
News The Tea Party Isn 't Dead Yet (Jul '13) 8 hr swedenforever 31
News Quiet Cruz weighs role in Trump convention revolt Thu trump fan 13
Legal Definition of "Mexican National" (May '08) Thu ashamed of you 113
Ted Cruz to leave the Republican Party to join ... Thu Local 1
More from around the web