Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 48,586
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#40607 Oct 11, 2013
Instead of defunding Obamacare, why don't we try defunding terrorism?

Part of every dollar we spend on imported oil goes to fund Al Qaeda. A CIA official stated, "We are buying the rope for them to hang us."

Remember the hulabaloo about blood diamonds a few years ago? Well, every gallon of gas you put in your vehicle has a little American blood mixed in.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#40608 Oct 11, 2013
(Reuters)- A Tesoro Logistics LP pipeline has spilled more than 20,000 barrels of crude oil into a North Dakota wheat field, the biggest leak in the state since it became a major U.S. producer.

The six-inch pipeline was carrying crude oil from the Bakken shale play to the Stampede rail facility outside Columbus, North Dakota. The affected part of the line has been shut down, Tesoro said.

Farmer Steven Jensen discovered the leak on September 29 while harvesting wheat on his 1,800-acre farm, about nine miles northeast of Tioga, North Dakota.

Oil was gushing from the pipeline "like a faucet, 4 to 6 inches spewing out," said Jensen, who added that nearby wheat plants were ruined.

The leak did not pose an immediate threat to groundwater sources, Kris Roberts, who leads the environmental response team at the state Department of Health told Reuters.

At an estimated 20,600 barrels, it ranks among the biggest U.S. spills in recent years. It is the biggest oil leak on U.S. land since March, when the rupture of an Exxon Mobil pipeline in Mayflower, Arkansas spilled 5,000 to 7,000 barrels of heavy Canadian crude.

It comes at a time when concerns are growing over the safety of the U.S. pipeline network, which is pumping more oil than ever to bring shale oil and Canadian crude to U.S. refiners.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#40609 Oct 11, 2013
Retired Farmer wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree with you on one factual point here, caveman. Osama bin Ladin is not "mouldering in his grave." The Navy SEALs fed his mangy carcass to the sharks in the Indian Ocean.
I stand corrected, then. I thought he was in an unmarked grave, which, in a manner of speaking, he is.

So he sleeps with the fishes.
Obama

Los Angeles, CA

#40610 Oct 11, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Instead of defunding Obamacare, why don't we try defunding terrorism?
Part of every dollar we spend on imported oil goes to fund Al Qaeda. A CIA official stated, "We are buying the rope for them to hang us."
Remember the hulabaloo about blood diamonds a few years ago? Well, every gallon of gas you put in your vehicle has a little American blood mixed in.
That's terrible. But it explains why my limo was jerking going up a hill this morning.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40611 Oct 11, 2013
Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
That's terrible. But it explains why my limo was jerking going up a hill this morning.
Biofuel.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#40612 Oct 11, 2013
You guys are a blast.

Real patriots.

You should lose a brother to an IED.

Or maybe you're just too stupid to know the facts of petro-politics.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#40613 Oct 11, 2013
The other thing that is the height of hypocrisy is Tea Party calling themselves patriots the Taliban would welcome them as brothers.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#40614 Oct 11, 2013
an Indian Katrinasandy....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

stronger cyclones....
Joe

Fullerton, CA

#40615 Oct 11, 2013
Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
That was funny!

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#40616 Oct 11, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
The other thing that is the height of hypocrisy is Tea Party calling themselves patriots the Taliban would welcome them as brothers.
funny that people who perpetuate the 'climate change hoax' can't resist showing their true colors. it really is politics with you loons!!! science and factual observations actually have nothing to do with your agenda, right, son??

or.... were you just being off topic and thinking to yourself?

LOL

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#40617 Oct 11, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>funny that people who perpetuate the 'climate change hoax' can't resist showing their true colors. it really is politics with you loons!!! science and factual observations actually have nothing to do with your agenda, right, son??
LOL
Well caveman made a comment, I supported it. Besides I think the government shutdown is reflecting through all of topix. With things like climate science research being shutdown as well as other countries research which relies on US infrastructure. So yes Tea Baggers are relevant to this topic and probably half of all the other political talking points.

http://news.sciencemag.org/people-events/2013...
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#40618 Oct 12, 2013
Denialists made this issue political.

Rational people would have recognized the problem and started working on a solution.

And, in fact, rational people have. But not denialists. Denialists discount the science because they feel it threatens them or their lifestyle, and oppose mitigation because of their political philosophy.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#40619 Oct 12, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well caveman made a comment, I supported it. Besides I think the government shutdown is reflecting through all of topix. With things like climate science research being shutdown as well as other countries research which relies on US infrastructure. So yes Tea Baggers are relevant to this topic and probably half of all the other political talking points.
http://news.sciencemag.org/people-events/2013...
I suppose we all have different views on how big and reaching government can/should be.

I don't know what the Tea Party platform actually stands for other than 'smaller government' in general. I assume they don't want to pay most of the tab for other countries, who generally resent the US, rather it be infrastructure...or the UN...or whatever.

I think there's plenty of blame to go around for where the nation is with its debt problem. When do both sides come together and make hard choices? Why even have a debt ceiling.....if it really is meaningless and always lifted?

All I know is that the US isn't what it used to be.....and probably never will be again. Maybe it's time the country realizes the future damage caused by kicking the can down the road while government spending remains "business as usual"? Isn't that pretty much the same argument warmists hold about co2 emissions?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40620 Oct 12, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>funny that people who perpetuate the 'climate change hoax' can't resist showing their true colors. it really is politics with you loons!!! science and factual observations actually have nothing to do with your agenda, right, son??
LOL
As Obama has deemed all the government run global websites 'non-essential', what's a warmist to do?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40621 Oct 12, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Rational people would have recognized the problem and started working on a solution.
And, in fact, rational people have. But not denialists. Denialists discount the science because they feel it threatens them or their lifestyle, and oppose mitigation because of their political philosophy.
<yawn>

Tell me, what is the 'holy' day for the truly devoted global warmists?
Anti Christ

Minneapolis, MN

#40622 Oct 12, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't see that comma, idiot?
I don't participate in anal sex, but if I did, it would be more an exercise in power and dominance than sex.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
I was wrong about you.

You are not just a pervert.
You are a SELF PROCLAIMED Sick, Lying, A** F***ing Hillbilly!
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
heavy tune

United States

#40623 Oct 12, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
that is real funny,'caveman'. a rational person would know that the earth has been warming since the last ice age. hence there is no longer a mile and a half of ice over much of north America. a rational person would realize that. a rational person would not believe the fairytale of global warming caused by man, promoted by a failed political pos. rational people do not fall for such b.s.
heavy tune

United States

#40624 Oct 12, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
<yawn>
Tell me, what is the 'holy' day for the truly devoted global warmists?
gee whizz 'mothra', that would be any day the power goes off.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#40625 Oct 12, 2013
Slow moving? That defines volcanoes rising above the oceans, being eroded as coral reefs form around them and sinking to become atolls like the Maldives. They've been sinking for hundreds of millions of years - don't panic.

BTW, Coral needs CO2 to secrete calcium carbonate.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40626 Oct 12, 2013
These deniers are out touch with reality.. crazy people are posting in topix..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Assistance Center of Collin County connects tho... 13 hr Aurora1 1
UTSA to develop online cybersecurity training f... Mon just in time 4 Th... 1
Who are you voting for in the Texas Governor race? Mon Fossilfarts 132
Veteran Software Engineer Lumbie Mlambo Finds '... Nov 24 equanimitymag 1
Hurricanes And Tornadoes Are Japan's Conspiracy (Apr '12) Nov 23 fukuda 19
Top Biker Dating Sites Nov 23 peter 1
Abbott: Obama's Order Violates Constitution Nov 23 wild child 4

Texas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE