Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 49,369
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40564 Oct 10, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
You could all right. Or the coolest.
Thanks, and I agree.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40565 Oct 10, 2013
NobodyYouKnow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not happening in legitimate science, where there are too many competing to find flaws in any OTHER scientists work.
But sure. You can make any year look cooler if you manipulate the data which is what most of the denial sites do. And there is NO professional competence or checks on their work. They make it up on the spot..
So tell me, what "legitimate" sites list all their 'corrections' alongside their modified data.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40566 Oct 10, 2013
(add to previous post)
... and the original data.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#40567 Oct 10, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell me, what "legitimate" sites list all their 'corrections' alongside their modified data.
Any leading peer reviewed science journal will lead you to the papers describing the methodology applied. If they aren't on the website, then write a letter. They will be HAPPY to provide the reference.

ohh, cute. GISTEMP is down because of the Republican political coup so you can't get at their webpage.

Well, when the right wing craters as the moderates get tired of the hooliganism of the extremists, perhaps the website will come back.
data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/sources_v3/gistemp... ;

Well, maybe HADCRUT
http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/cru/data/temperature...
"How are the hemispheric and global anomaly series calculated?
Values for the hemisphere are the weighted average of all the non-missing, grid-box anomalies in each hemisphere. The weights used are the cosines of the central latitudes of each grid box. The global average for CRUTEM4 and CRUTEM4v is a weighted average of the Northern Hemisphere (NH) and Southern Hemisphere (SH). The weights are 2 for the NH and one for the SH. For CRUTEM3 and CRUTEM3v, the global average is the average of the NH and SH values. For HadCRUT4, HadCRUT3 and HadCRUT3v the global average is the average of the NH and SH values. In the time series files, the second row of integers is the percentage of the surface area covered for each month from 1850."
and check out the "Answers to Frequently-asked Questions"

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#40568 Oct 10, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the dates. What was CO2 then and now?
What's your point? Yesterday was warmer than today. Has the concentration of CO2 diminished? Remember, weather fluctuations are in tens of degrees while climate changes are on the order of degrees.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#40569 Oct 10, 2013
Mothra wrote:
(add to previous post)
... and the original data.
Data sets are mostly public domain. CRU (cannot access GISTEMP due to shutdown) copies of data sets 3 and 4 are available HERE. http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/cru/data/temperature...
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#40570 Oct 10, 2013
And this is a general overview.

http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/gis/noaaclim.html
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40571 Oct 10, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
ohh, cute. GISTEMP is down because of the Republican political coup so you can't get at their webpage.
Well, when the right wing craters as the moderates get tired of the hooliganism of the extremists, perhaps the website will come back.
Implementing the shutdown is Obama's responsibility. That he deemed the site "non-essential" was his decision.

He criteria for shutdowns was based on what 'pain' he could inflict as political tool.

What a guy.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#40572 Oct 10, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Implementing the shutdown is Obama's responsibility. That he deemed the site "non-essential" was his decision.
He criteria for shutdowns was based on what 'pain' he could inflict as political tool.
What a guy.
The year you dropped out of junior high, was it warmer or cooler than average?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40573 Oct 10, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In what science class did they teach you to insult?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40574 Oct 10, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ben's Guide to Government for kids (3-5)

>>The U.S. Congress is made up of two parts, the House of Representatives and the Senate. Congress meets at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. Its primary duty is to write, debate, and pass bills, which are then passed on to the President for approval.

>>The President is also the Chief of the Government. That means that he is technically the boss of every government worker.

http://bensguide.gpo.gov/3-5/government/branc...

Let us know how long it takes you to get through this.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#40575 Oct 10, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
In what science class did they teach you to insult?
I got science in science classes.

Insults I learned from family, movies, and theatre.
Jerseyboy For Life

Elkhart, IN

#40576 Oct 10, 2013
It's a "HOAX" perpetrated by a bunch of Marxist to destroy "Capitalism"...Algor e who doesn't know his A$$ form a hole in the ground,and sucked as Vise President under Billy Bob Clit-on ,is the chicken little going around making billions crying the "sky is falling"....What a joke,they have incorperated Global warming into our childrens lessons in our schoos, to brainwash them into being good little Socialist,and help them destroy Capitalism too.Get educated,get informed, who is behind this hoax,its nonother then Gorbachev,the once leader of Russia,during the Reagan Years.and now ole Gorby is the man who leads the World Inviromentalism,and once was the head of Russia's famed KGB...So his experience in lying,and trying to fool everyone in this International "HOAX" is right out of his play book,to defeat Capitalism...Algore should be labeled a "Traitor" in trying to sell this huge HOAX to the American people,while making billions,and selling us out to the United Nations......
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#40578 Oct 10, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Ben's Guide to Government for kids (3-5)
>>The U.S. Congress is made up of two parts, the House of Representatives and the Senate. Congress meets at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. Its primary duty is to write, debate, and pass bills, which are then passed on to the President for approval.
>>The President is also the Chief of the Government. That means that he is technically the boss of every government worker.
http://bensguide.gpo.gov/3-5/government/branc...
Let us know how long it takes you to get through this.
Confirms that you still have those grade school books in your reference library.

Technically doesn't mean literally.

You and other teabaggers give the Prez far more power than he actually exercises. You think he has a list in the Oval Office and he went down it, "I'm closing this, this, and this, and leaving this, this, and this open." What an idiot.

I'll bet you were raising hell about Obama raising the price of gasoline earlier this year. So now he's lowered it to $2.99 around here, right?

The government chugs along on its own, and I'm sure there is a list somewhere of what operates or doesn't during a shutdown. The President is one-third of the government, not necessarily the final arbiter.

If he issues any executive orders, you'll be screaming "Dictator!"

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#40579 Oct 10, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Implementing the shutdown is Obama's responsibility. That he deemed the site "non-essential" was his decision.
He criteria for shutdowns was based on what 'pain' he could inflict as political tool.
What a guy.
The extremists in the Republican Party are responsible for shutting down the government. Most of the extremists are found in that Party. Until we get moderation in the Republican household, there will continue to be chaos in the House. The tactics by the House of holding the nation hostage are detrimental to the health of the nation and probably the Republican Party as well.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40580 Oct 10, 2013
jerseyjerk For life wrote:
It's a "HOAX" perpetrated by a bunch of Marxist to destroy "Capitalism"...
It's racist cultures, perpetrated by a bunch of euros & transplanted euros to destroy 30,000 Native tribes around the world.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#40581 Oct 10, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
The extremists in the Republican Party are responsible for shutting down the government. Most of the extremists are found in that Party. Until we get moderation in the Republican household, there will continue to be chaos in the House. The tactics by the House of holding the nation hostage are detrimental to the health of the nation and probably the Republican Party as well.
Yes I imagine if Aliens were observing our planet right now, they would see no difference in what is going on in the half the Middle East, Half of Europe, African dictators, Sth American regimes and now the USA. Is all about beating the drum loudest over the other guy, suddenly harmony is something in the far distant past.
One would have like to have thought we should be heading for a Star Trek type world in order for the planet to survive but seem to be going down the Terminator road.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40584 Oct 10, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Confirms that you still have those grade school books in your reference library.
Nope. Just confirms that the executive branch enforces the laws and in this case spends the money, in very easy language -- just for you.

It's such a simple concept, but apparently so hard for some to grasp.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40585 Oct 10, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
... chaos... holding the nation hostage...
Ahhh.. the language of the extremist.

I mostly ignore those types.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#40586 Oct 10, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh.. the language of the extremist.
I mostly ignore those types.
How else can it be explained? The TP extremist have taken over the Republican Party. As a registered Republican, I deplore their tactics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Long-delayed U.S. high-speed rail plans may rid... 1 hr les 1
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 2 hr Cat74 156
Life on oil rig hard but lucrative (Apr '12) 7 hr Muy Bien 136
George P. Bush, headed for landslide win, looks... 13 hr tee 28
Legacy of famous Texas frontier family thrives 16 hr WorkerBees 1
Does Texas need a 'Merry Christmas' law? Fri Donny Brook 1
Sex Offenders Now Have a Civil Rights Website (Apr '07) Dec 25 rosemary 972
More from around the web