Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 46,637
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#34633 Mar 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Ever notice how global warming alarmists are internet bullies who like telling you what to do?
Glad you brought up "bullies."

You are well-documented for serious bully action. Have you forgotten? Topix deleted some of them, I understand.

Yet, you find bullying in: "Science is not telling you. Give it up."

Read your ilk's posts still ongoing with ph'd. What a bully!

P.S. I call it ph'd because I know it's not a PhD like yourself aren't.
litesong

Everett, WA

#34634 Mar 19, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Glad you brought up "bullies."
You are well-documented for serious bully action. Have you forgotten? Topix deleted some of them, I understand.
SpaceBlues....... You got a long long memory....... almost as long as mine. Only 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' is more than a bully. It is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener, some of which are prosecutable crimes. That is why 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' complained about its own posts & got toxic topix to delete its posts...... to make evidence of its crimes harder to ascertain for a trial....... a common tactic of toxic topix AGW deniers.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#34635 Mar 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Another day passes without an experiment showing climate change mitigation or man made global warming. That brings their total experimental record up to ... zero.
When will you learn? Don't buy a pig in a poke, I thought you learned that in Kindergarten.
Your (ONE) idea (that you keep posting over & over & over again) is just silly, Brian. I left a similar analogy on another thread, but here it is again:

It's like you're staying in an unfamiliar house, & the furnace is staying on, raising the temperature to uncomfortable levels. You don't know where the thermostat is but you're not even going to look for it. You're just going to "adapt" to the higher temps in the house.

Then you come here & say "the thermostat is a hoax, there's NO way to turn the furnace down."

Yes, Brian_G, the house really might not have a working thermostat, or the furnace could be controlled from somewhere you don't have access to. But YOU DIDN'T EVEN LOOK for that thermostat, let alone TRY to turn it down. How can you possibly say it's a hoax?
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#34636 Mar 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Another day passes without an experiment showing climate change mitigation or man made global warming. That brings their total experimental record up to ... zero.
When will you learn? Don't buy a pig in a poke, I thought you learned that in Kindergarten.
You are in the experiment now and are too STOOPID to realize it!
Clayton Leon Winton

Spokane, WA

#34637 Mar 19, 2013
Arne Marco wrote:
What we normally forget when talking about the amount of CO2, is the significance it has for the human (and other creatures) health. Above 425 ppm in the atmossphere the healthproblems will become more servere, because the blood will slowly be more acid. This will affect bloodpressure etc.
BTW: President Johnson was informed in 1965 about the dangers in increasing the amount of CO2.
This TopicThread went 'adrift', and I'm not reading 32,000 posts of it. lol

Firstly, Global Warming Theory has become TheoryWorship. That is not a 'good thing,' as it leads to hatefully punishing 'non-believers,' and that is not what 'science' is about.

A theory is called a "theory" because all conclusive facts are unknown, otherwise it's another belief-stystem, a religion. That's why we call theories "theories."

That said, Global Warming Theory is interesting because there is a known solution. It's the only theory that has a known solution.

Unfortunately, that solution is so far advanced, technologically, that it sounds like science-fiction. Getting to the point where we may enact the known-solution, and surviving until then, is the real challenge, the real topic, the real issue.

It's all about climate-modification, and choosing which species to let go extinct before we do.

So there is a significant moral-element involved, cultural, ethical, religious, traditionalist, all of it.

One example: the shark species. Just one shark eats in a single day, an entire fish harvest for families. Why should we let it continue? It is immoral to put the 'life' of shark over that of human family. But some people will chain themselves to fishing-boats in their zealotry, faking "environmentalisms."

There are other beasts which consume that which feeds the world, our world, humans.

We must choose extinction for some, or us/humans.

We've done this with the buffalo, because, at the time, with technology as it was, and no infrustructure, tens-of-thousands in herds would leave nothing but mud in their wake. That's our crops. That's our homes. That's our survival they destroyed just existing. It's an animal, or us.

There are many examples. Deadly disease, and so much more. Do we worship the pests that eat our crops? Of course not. Our crops, us, is the only importance. Kill the bugs. period.

In order to survive until we can control climate, we must make hard choices, and nobody will have 'blind-faith' in any choice. But we must face that reality, kicking-and-screaming if we must.

As tp the climate modifications we must make to ensure our own species' survival, we already know what to do, but we don't have the infrustructure nor technology to enact it. YET.

See, we have millions of tons of "space debris", mostly water, hitting the planet daily, adding to the overall mass. There is actually too much water now, we must uplift it, some of it, to reclaim the lands we need, that we lost, that are ours. The greater the mass, the greater the gravity (so there is urgency in technological advancement). That makes a denser atmospher, greater more powerful storms, more errossion of the continents into the bottom of the oceans, raising sea-levels, which means greater storm surge, which means costly deaths, destruction, floodings, and after every flood is infestations and various diseases plaguing us.

We need to re-balance the planet, but that doesn't mean 'population control' of us, as the faux "environmentalists" proclaim (echoeing the words of Hitler in so doing, in their zealotry). It's now about ONE THING: a 'waiting game,' to wait-out advances in technology, which is the necessity, the moral mandate to choose extinction, before extinction chooses us.

Kind Regards, always,
Clayton Leon Winton

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#34638 Mar 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Ever notice how global warming alarmists are internet bullies who like telling you what to do?
Yep! Sure have. Just another wing of the progressive party.
The Primitive Cottage

Charlottesville, VA

#34639 Mar 20, 2013
Please take a look at our web site for country decor and post on here what you think we should change or add to our site. How you think our prices are and if you would buy from us. Thank you so much and have a good day. www.theprimitivecottage.com

Register on our site or like us on face book at http://tinyurl.com/cgya3hc to receive a 10% off coupon!
Free shipping on orders of 100 dollars or more!
PHD

Overton, TX

#34640 Mar 20, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Glad you brought up "bullies."
Yet, you find bullying in: "Science is not telling you. Give it up."
Read your ilk's posts still ongoing with ph'd. What a bully!
P.S. I call it ph'd because I know it's not a PhD like yourself aren't.
Yes youíre called spacedoutblues because youíre always spaced-out. Put down that funny stuff your smoking you canít afford to lose that last brain cell. You label anyone a bully that refuses to succumb to your scientific science fiction B.S. Go away youíve been dismissed years ago.

Since: Mar 09

Parsons, KS

#34641 Mar 20, 2013
Clayton Leon Winton wrote:
<quoted text>
This TopicThread went 'adrift', and I'm not reading 32,000 posts of it. lol
Firstly, Global Warming Theory has become TheoryWorship. That is not a 'good thing,' as it leads to hatefully punishing 'non-believers,' and that is not what 'science' is about.
A theory is called a "theory" because all conclusive facts are unknown, otherwise it's another belief-stystem, a religion. That's why we call theories "theories."
That said, Global Warming Theory is interesting because there is a known solution. It's the only theory that has a known solution.
Unfortunately, that solution is so far advanced, technologically, that it sounds like science-fiction. Getting to the point where we may enact the known-solution, and surviving until then, is the real challenge, the real topic, the real issue.
It's all about climate-modification, and choosing which species to let go extinct before we do.
So there is a significant moral-element involved, cultural, ethical, religious, traditionalist, all of it.
One example: the shark species. Just one shark eats in a single day, an entire fish harvest for families. Why should we let it continue? It is immoral to put the 'life' of shark over that of human family. But some people will chain themselves to fishing-boats in their zealotry, faking "environmentalisms."
There are other beasts which consume that which feeds the world, our world, humans.
We must choose extinction for some, or us/humans.
We've done this with the buffalo, because, at the time, with technology as it was, and no infrustructure, tens-of-thousands in herds would leave nothing but mud in their wake. That's our crops. That's our homes. That's our survival they destroyed just existing. It's an animal, or us.
There are many examples. Deadly disease, and so much more. Do we worship the pests that eat our crops? Of course not. Our crops, us, is the only importance. Kill the bugs. period.
In order to survive until we can control climate, we must make hard choices, and nobody will have 'blind-faith' in any choice. But we must face that reality, kicking-and-screaming if we must.
As tp the climate modifications we must make to ensure our own species' survival, we already know what to do, but we don't have the infrustructure nor technology to enact it. YET.
See, we have millions of tons of "space debris", mostly water, hitting the planet daily, adding to the overall mass. There is actually too much water now, we must uplift it, some of it, to reclaim the lands we need, that we lost, that are ours. The greater the mass, the greater the gravity (so there is urgency in technological advancement). That makes a denser atmospher, greater more powerful storms, more errossion of the continents into the bottom of the oceans, raising sea-levels, which means greater storm surge, which means costly deaths, destruction, floodings, and after every flood is infestations and various diseases plaguing us.
We need to re-balance the planet, but that doesn't mean 'population control' of us, as the faux "environmentalists" proclaim (echoeing the words of Hitler in so doing, in their zealotry). It's now about ONE THING: a 'waiting game,' to wait-out advances in technology, which is the necessity, the moral mandate to choose extinction, before extinction chooses us.
Kind Regards, always,
Clayton Leon Winton
You wrote, "A theory is called a "theory" because all conclusive facts are unknown, "
Unfortunately, you have no concept of what a scientific theory consists of.
http://www.reference.com/browse/scientific%20...

Btw, The Earth adds an estimated one quadrillionth of one percent to its weight each day. Not much to worry about.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#34642 Mar 20, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote, "A theory is called a "theory" because all conclusive facts are unknown, "
Unfortunately, you have no concept of what a scientific theory consists of.
http://www.reference.com/browse/scientific%20...
Btw, The Earth adds an estimated one quadrillionth of one percent to its weight each day. Not much to worry about.
We can usually identify ignorance with only a little evidence. Of course, as a denier, he flooded us with it.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#34643 Mar 20, 2013
Patriot, I feel it is important to print the actual words, so if you'll excuse me...

>>>>>>>
The word theory has many distinct meanings in different fields of knowledge, depending on their methodologies and the context of discussion.

In science a theory is a testable model of the manner of interaction of a set of natural phenomena, capable of predicting future occurrences or observations of the same kind, and capable of being tested through experiment or otherwise verified through empirical observation. For the scientist, "theory" is not in any way an antonym of "fact". For example, it is a fact that an apple dropped on earth has been observed to fall towards the center of the planet, and the theories commonly used to describe and explain this behavior are Newton's theory of universal gravitation (see also gravitation), and the general theory of relativity.

<<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<<<<< <
So Brain g would throw out Newton and Einstein?

Teener thinks Newton and Einstein is a beer.

PHD is spilling his Milwaukee's Best on the keyboard, and drooling in his shoe....

and Gord/SuxObama, has gone back in to have his dosages adjusted....

Since: Mar 09

Parsons, KS

#34644 Mar 20, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Patriot, I feel it is important to print the actual words, so if you'll excuse me...
>>>>>>>
The word theory has many distinct meanings in different fields of knowledge, depending on their methodologies and the context of discussion.
In science a theory is a testable model of the manner of interaction of a set of natural phenomena, capable of predicting future occurrences or observations of the same kind, and capable of being tested through experiment or otherwise verified through empirical observation. For the scientist, "theory" is not in any way an antonym of "fact". For example, it is a fact that an apple dropped on earth has been observed to fall towards the center of the planet, and the theories commonly used to describe and explain this behavior are Newton's theory of universal gravitation (see also gravitation), and the general theory of relativity.
<<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<<<<< <
So Brain g would throw out Newton and Einstein?
Teener thinks Newton and Einstein is a beer.
PHD is spilling his Milwaukee's Best on the keyboard, and drooling in his shoe....
and Gord/SuxObama, has gone back in to have his dosages adjusted....
And Big_Goof thinks Newton put the fig in the cookie.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#34645 Mar 21, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
...So Brain g would throw out Newton and Einstein?...
Newton's and Einstein's theories have been experimentally demonstrated, there are no experimental tests of climate change mitigation or man made global climate change.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#34648 Mar 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Newton's and Einstein's theories have been experimentally demonstrated, there are no experimental tests of climate change mitigation or man made global climate change.
Re-read it, Brain.

In science a theory is a testable model of the manner of interaction of a set of natural phenomena, capable of predicting future occurrences or observations of the same kind, and capable of being tested through experiment OR OTHERWISE VERIFIED THROUGH EMPIRICAL OBSERVATION.

As you've been advised before, stop digging and the hole won't get any deeper. It's called logic.

Since: Aug 07

SFV

#34649 Mar 21, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>You really really need to seek some mental help. Well one thing for sure I am functioning more than anyone could say for you. Have you always been a less-on or did you mutate into one?
Can you prove it was a rock?
I would say I won this debate but really you lost it for yourself. Didn't have to even show up.

SFV

#34650 Mar 21, 2013
http://www.wunderground.com/news/when-will-20...

The Weather Channel people have no idea what they are saying. You internet experts on climate CHANGE are by far more knowledgeable. You have researched this subject for years and have come to the conclusion that the Earth is flat. Chevron will tell you what you want to know about climate change and you will believe it. Most of you functioning morons live in the Bible/Tornado Belt. I hope the last thing you taste is your own blood as a two by four from your neighbors house smashes your teeth through your neck.
PHD

Overton, TX

#34651 Mar 22, 2013
dickhead wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say I won this debate but really you lost it for yourself. Didn't have to even show up.
You really really need to seek some mental help. Well one thing for sure I am functioning more than anyone could say for you. Have you always been a less-on or did you mutate into one? You lost the battle and the war before you made an attempt to show your useless babble.

SFV

#34652 Mar 22, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>You really really need to seek some mental help. Well one thing for sure I am functi oning more than anyone could say for you. Have you always been a less-on or did you mutate into one? You lost the battle and the war before you made an attempt to show your useless babble.
I don't know where to even start. Syntax is not a tax on syn. Sentence structure? You make absolutely no sense. Do you even read back what you typed? However, u r representitive of the ilk that you follow and worship. I bet Ronny Reagan year one of his presidency was lapsing into....wait. Do you have Alzheimer's? One can only hope. PHD MY ASS.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#34653 Mar 22, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Re-read it, Brain. In science a theory is a testable model of the manner of interaction of a set of natural phenomena, capable of predicting future occurrences or observations of the same kind, and capable of being tested through experiment OR OTHERWISE VERIFIED THROUGH EMPIRICAL OBSERVATION. As you've been advised before, stop digging and the hole won't get any deeper. It's called logic.
There's never been an experimental test of climate change mitigation so man made global warming theory isn't very testable. That's why I believe climate change mitigation is a hoax, you're not proposing an otiose theory, you want a technology that improves climate and that's just not possible.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#34654 Mar 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There's never been an experimental test of climate change mitigation so man made global warming theory isn't very testable. That's why I believe climate change mitigation is a hoax, you're not proposing an otiose theory, you want a technology that improves climate and that's just not possible.
What precisely do you mean by "climate change mitigation"? Does that mean we can't put sunscreens in space? Does it mean we can't put sulfur dioxide in the stratosphere to reflect sunlight? Does it mean you think humanity can't reduce carbon emissions AT ALL?

Maybe it means you think that CO2, once emitted into the atmosphere, can't be extracted therefrom? Or maybe it means you think we have ZERO chance of getting a POLITICAL agreement between countries to all reduce emissions?

OTOH, maybe it means you think CO2 isn't causing warming at all; in that case, what is causing warming? Maybe we can, or can't, affect that?

So enlighten us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Militias complicate situation on Texas border Tue FYI 230
Nearly $3 million in drugs seized in South Texas Tue geo 1
1965 'Cinderella' star to attend Broadway version Tue Sneaky Pete 2
Shah's son seeks support for people's revolutio... Mon Dean 1
Rachel Anna Neff: 'El Grito' has been part of U... Mon el grito 4
Breast Cancer Study Mon paddyomalley 8
Rick Perry's immigration record: A hard line at... Sun dirtbag1958 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••