Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,562)

Showing posts 31,221 - 31,240 of45,444
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

It's the global warming that did him in.
cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

snippets:
“Three years ago, President Obama helped create a United Nations Green Slush Fund that would redistribute over $100 billion from developed countries to developing countries,”

“While he has been racking up huge deficits and talking up tax increases, the president has already sent billions of American taxpayer dollars to the United Nations – and he’s managed to do it quietly so that no one will notice,”

“... the top U.N. climate chief: she sees herself as the overseer of ‘transforming’ the lives of everyone on the planet,”

"...if “green” agenda campaigners get their way, the biggest tax increase ever could soon be coming out of Washington. Bigger even than the hundreds of billions of dollars Obamacare will collect. In fact, in the range of $1.2 trillion to $1.6 trillion. A year."

“While all of the attention today in Washington is on the looming fiscal cliff, President Obama’s administration is quietly handing over billions of dollars to the United Nations in the name of global warming."

“It’s not surprising that this year’s conference has been ignored. Remember EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson admitted to me that EPA’s global warming regulations are based primarily on the now exposed Climategate science of the completely discredited UN IPCC.‘The stink of intellectual corruption is overpowering.’‘This is the worst scientific scandal of our generation,’”

He said the simple fact is that the conference has nothing to do with the environment but is all about “spreading the wealth,” or taking taxes from the United States and giving them away.

“At the global warming conference in Milan, I asked an African delegate who I knew why he had attended and he said,‘It has nothing to do with the science; it’s because it’s the biggest party of the year.’

the African delegate was right, it’s all about money and power.

“Once you control carbon, you control the world,” he said.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/senator-says-obama...

Empowering and funding the UN dictators to rule the world with your tax dollars. No wonder they have been so brazen lately. Now, the UN wants total control over the internet.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

cricket wrote:
snippets:
“Three years ago, President Obama helped create a United Nations Green Slush Fund that would redistribute over $100 billion from developed countries to developing countries,”
“While he has been racking up huge deficits and talking up tax increases, the president has already sent billions of American taxpayer dollars to the United Nations – and he’s managed to do it quietly so that no one will notice,”
“... the top U.N. climate chief: she sees herself as the overseer of ‘transforming’ the lives of everyone on the planet,”
"...if “green” agenda campaigners get their way, the biggest tax increase ever could soon be coming out of Washington. Bigger even than the hundreds of billions of dollars Obamacare will collect. In fact, in the range of $1.2 trillion to $1.6 trillion. A year."
“While all of the attention today in Washington is on the looming fiscal cliff, President Obama’s administration is quietly handing over billions of dollars to the United Nations in the name of global warming."
“It’s not surprising that this year’s conference has been ignored. Remember EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson admitted to me that EPA’s global warming regulations are based primarily on the now exposed Climategate science of the completely discredited UN IPCC.‘The stink of intellectual corruption is overpowering.’‘This is the worst scientific scandal of our generation,’”
He said the simple fact is that the conference has nothing to do with the environment but is all about “spreading the wealth,” or taking taxes from the United States and giving them away.
“At the global warming conference in Milan, I asked an African delegate who I knew why he had attended and he said,‘It has nothing to do with the science; it’s because it’s the biggest party of the year.’
the African delegate was right, it’s all about money and power.
“Once you control carbon, you control the world,” he said.
http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/senator-says-obama...
Empowering and funding the UN dictators to rule the world with your tax dollars. No wonder they have been so brazen lately. Now, the UN wants total control over the internet.
More hysteria from World Nut Daily. Unemployment is now lower than when President GWB left office.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
More hysteria from World Nut Daily. Unemployment is now lower than when President GWB left office.
If you don't count all the people who have gave up looking for work.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
If you don't count all the people who have gave up looking for work.
As they were NOT doing, also in the time of Bush.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
As they were NOT doing, also in the time of Bush.
Except unemployment was 4.4% and anybody not working was either ill or didn't want to work. Wasn't many people giving up looking for work back then. Heck there wasn't a week went by somebody was offering me more money or benefits if I would just go to work for them. There was not enough people to fill all the jobs. You libtards and your revisionist history will not stand with me.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Except unemployment was 4.4% and anybody not working was either ill or didn't want to work. Wasn't many people giving up looking for work back then. Heck there wasn't a week went by somebody was offering me more money or benefits if I would just go to work for them. There was not enough people to fill all the jobs. You libtards and your revisionist history will not stand with me.
The lightsout is correct on this one. Your statement is factually incorrect.
Teddy R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

And folks are worried about the environmental consequences of a little CO2 ...

There are bigger and more immediate threats to the environment -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/06/c...
LessFactMoreHype

Hondón De Las Nieves, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
And folks are worried about the environmental consequences of a little CO2 ...
There are bigger and more immediate threats to the environment -
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/06/c...
This is disgusting, we must invade China and put a stop to cheap products.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

LessFactMoreHype wrote:
<quoted text>This is disgusting, we must invade China and put a stop to cheap products.
You first and tell all how that works for you. Here’s a clue stop buying their product if you’re concerned.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
So let's end the government subsidy of large SUVs and start taxing the living hell out of them instead, as sane countries do. By the way, there's a more apt name for those "brush guards"; some call them kid shredders.
And while they are at it they can also end the subsities for EV's and hybrids and tax them as well. Actually, just ended the subsities on EV's and hybrids would kill them far faster than your tax on SUVs. After all, not everyone lives in places where every road is paved or has access to public transportation and sometimes needs the capabilites of a SUV for towing a camper or a boat or plowing snow.

As for those sane countries, are they not the same ones now experiencing problems with a lack of money and a lack of a source of money. How insane things are now in those "sane" countries.

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Said that already 'tiny-minded anne'. Guess you don't know the difference between 'g-forces' & 'g-strings'.
G-force, the amount of gravitational force a mass experiences.

G-string, useless undergarment, a string on a musical instrument with a set pitch at 196 hertz.

Can you prove you are equally knowledgeable about how many people die in those little cars vs other cars and unmovable objects like trees?

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure the dirtling isn't in your back yard? That would be its mountain hideaway for sure. The once runner up for your position of the Less than a Box of Rocks award.
Sorry, but the only mount in twenty miles is Mount Trashmore which is nothing more than a pile of dirt covering a old land fill. Which might be a good place for you to live except is is a public park.

Actually, he could stay with my family if he wants. We do have a guest bedroom and have people stay over often. Usually a child of a friend who needs someone to watch them while they are out of town.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Northie wrote:
So let's end the government subsidy of large SUVs and start taxing the living hell out of them instead, as sane countries do. By the way, there's a more apt name for those "brush guards"; some call them kid shredders.
I call them fenders.

Stop higher taxes, stop wasteful government spending and reform taxes and entitlements.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
Can you prove you are equally knowledgeable about how many people die in those little cars vs other cars and unmovable objects like trees?
Even when americans didn't care about safety(they pretend now), they drove big cars that isolated people from the road & the environment around them. Never did understand.
Actual car enthusiasts love driving vehicles that let them feel like they belong to the planet. Of course, the greatest example are the motorcycle riders. When I was riding, loved the harmony & vitality the land gave to me.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
G-force, the amount of gravitational force a mass experiences.
G-string, useless undergarment, a string on a musical instrument with a set pitch at 196 hertz.
g-whiz!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but the only mount in twenty miles is Mount Trashmore which is nothing more than a pile of dirt covering a old land fill. Which might be a good place for you to live except is is a public park.
Actually, he could stay with my family if he wants. We do have a guest bedroom and have people stay over often. Usually a child of a friend who needs someone to watch them while they are out of town.
I'm over in Chesapeake by the Ford plant site.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
My My you live next to a land fill. That explains most of your brain issues. Sorry for the child that is being watched by you. The parrents should be held for child abuse.Now go back to your land fill and suck up another dose of methane.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Less than a Box of Rocks AKA "tina"

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Even when americans didn't care about safety(they pretend now), they drove big cars that isolated people from the road & the environment around them. Never did understand.
Actual car enthusiasts love driving vehicles that let them feel like they belong to the planet. Of course, the greatest example are the motorcycle riders. When I was riding, loved the harmony & vitality the land gave to me.
Actually, people drive cars to move from one place to another. Drive from home to the store, to work. Haul materials such as groceries, wood, building supplies, and a host of other things from where they are to where they need to go.

Also many of those who ride motorcycles also have a car that cuts them off from nature for those days when nature is pouring rain or snow down in plentiful quanities.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 31,221 - 31,240 of45,444
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••