Sanctuary Port O'Connor Foreclosures ...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lauren B

Richmond, TX

#23 Jun 24, 2011
brenda carter wrote:
The last lot I sold out there I sold for 70K for an 80' waterfront lot.
I've noticed a number of lots the have been for sale for 6+months plus a review of the property tax records indicates that a lot of properties appear to be owned by the banks. Is anything selling out there?
Ken

Castroville, TX

#24 Jul 21, 2011
Been there and took a good look at it all. I am a professional engineer. What I saw where a lot of headaches for anyone that is to ever build a structure there. Ray from Sealy-you are right. They would have been better of dredging out the harbor and leaving all of that sand out of there-this is just common sense. Architects are a 'dreamy bunch' that are indeed, very creative. But, I can not recall of any architects ever being practical and the same does goes for many engineers. Building next to wetlands, or filling in wetlands to build on is just asking for big trouble. Mexico City is on top of a lake bed that was filled in-Mexico City has been sinking. Parts of Houston is on top of filled in swamp land-sinking. Same goes for New Orleans, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, San Francisco-THE LIST GOES ON. God forbid that a category 4-5 hurricane blows up on the middle coast-this place (The Sanctuary) will be reduced to it's previous state...wetlands. Here is one more thought to ponder- How deep are those bulk heads set into the strata and is the width of the material used to form these bulk heads correct? Why do you think that I am asking such a question? I know the answer and I believe that many of the readers do, as well. Besides, bulk heads are useless when it comes to the sinking problem.
Ken

Castroville, TX

#25 Jul 21, 2011
Brush Freeman wrote:
Dear all: Ignore my rants as I was forwarded the message suggesting this had to do with the TOS "Sanctuary" nearby at Indianola, nor did I read thru all the posts......I apologize...I wish everyone success on resolving their issues at the POC Sanctuary development....Now that is a tough deal for sure.
Brus Freeman
Been there and took a good look at it all. I am a professional engineer. What I saw where a lot of headaches for anyone that is to ever build a structure there. Ray from Sealy-you are right. They would have been better of dredging out the harbor and leaving all of that sand out of there-this is just common sense. Architects are a 'dreamy bunch' that are indeed, very creative. But, I can not recall of any architects ever being practical and the same does goes for many engineers. Building next to wetlands, or filling in wetlands to build on is just asking for big trouble. Mexico City is on top of a lake bed that was filled in-Mexico City has been sinking. Parts of Houston is on top of filled in swamp land-sinking. Same goes for New Orleans, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, San Francisco-THE LIST GOES ON. God forbid that a category 4-5 hurricane blows up on the middle coast-this place (The Sanctuary) will be reduced to it's previous state...wetlands. Here is one more thought to ponder- How deep are those bulk heads set into the strata and is the width of the material used to form these bulk heads correct? Why do you think that I am asking such a question? I know the answer and I believe that many of the readers do, as well. Besides, bulk heads are useless when it comes to the sinking problem.

-This is my original post. My hat's off to you, sir.
Dale

United States

#26 Aug 3, 2011
The roads have been built for a while, you should be able to tell if it's "sinking", cuz it's not all going to move at the same time. If the roads are really bad and broken up, then I'd be concerned. I do agree the the islands were a poor choice, but the development seems sound. The biggest draw back is the hoa's, lower them and the place would be packed!
Ken Thompson

Castroville, TX

#27 Aug 5, 2011
You have to think forward into the longterm-not short term. Give it 15 years. The 'here and now' and the ' short term' mentalities is what ends up costing us the most. Look at the status of our country's economy and you will see a classic example of what I am speaking of. If anyone reads this post and is interested, I have house plans that are designed to withstand 250 mph winds and 20ft. tidal surges. Let me know, and I will send them to you-free of charge. They come with a bill of materials and cost. If you build down there, you might want to look into these. And no-I am not a builder, nor developer.
Drake

United States

#28 Aug 20, 2011
What are teh taxes on the lots, and are there any more waterfront left?
keith considine

Houston, TX

#29 Apr 20, 2012
brenda carter wrote:
The last lot I sold out there I sold for 70K for an 80' waterfront lot.
what's the latest. still having auctions on tuesdays with foreclosures?
Tommy P

Richmond, TX

#30 Jul 30, 2012
I drove through this weekend and this place looks very nice and well kept. There were at least 10 to 12 houses (didn't count) and several new starts. The Marina had 5 to 6 yachts in it. It looks like several properties have boat houses on them and nothing else.

I do have to wonder about the tide surge with those houses on the ground.

Pretty place after all the years.
Nprice

San Antonio, TX

#31 Mar 3, 2013
Ken Thompson wrote:
You have to think forward into the longterm-not short term. Give it 15 years. The 'here and now' and the ' short term' mentalities is what ends up costing us the most. Look at the status of our country's economy and you will see a classic example of what I am speaking of. If anyone reads this post and is interested, I have house plans that are designed to withstand 250 mph winds and 20ft. tidal surges. Let me know, and I will send them to you-free of charge. They come with a bill of materials and cost. If you build down there, you might want to look into these. And no-I am not a builder, nor developer.
I would be interested is taking a look at those plans....
Nprice

San Antonio, TX

#32 Mar 3, 2013
I would be interested in taking a look at those plans
donna

Tomball, TX

#33 Mar 27, 2013
brenda carter wrote:
The last lot I sold out at the Sanctuary sold for $70K for 80' waterfront lot. That is about the going rate right now.
I have one lot left for 99K, in phase I.
I'd be interested to see what you have for sale in the Sanctuary
Al from Houston

Houston, TX

#34 Sep 11, 2013
donna wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be interested to see what you have for sale in the Sanctuary
We have an ocean front lot in phase 2. Anyone knows of any good news about the construction pace or prices? I also heard that there is a lawsuit against WF; how is that going?

Appreciate you time
Francois Frigon

San Antonio, TX

#35 May 10, 2014
How is Sanctuary doing these days?
Lots are running at what price?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why does the Texas criminal code still ban "hom... 1 min Chris Rather 35
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Mothra 63,572
News Texas, Red States Join Court Fight to Back Trum... 56 min BuildTheWall 1
News Paul Ryan budget proposal threatens housing aid... 1 hr WarForOil 139
News Prescription skin cancer cream Aldara has horri... (Oct '06) 3 hr Anna 2,166
News Big Bend National Park in bloom 22 hr Useful info 1
Alex Jones: Pathetic and ridiculous response Sun Local 5
More from around the web