Wikileaks: Sudanese launchpad for Egyptian attack on Ethiopian dam

Sep 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: In-depth Africa

Egyptian authorities fearful of a monopoly on Nile waters received agreement from Khartoum to build an airbase in Sudan, to launch attacks on Ethiopian damming facilities, claims the anonymous media outlet; Wikileaks.

Comments
41 - 60 of 69 Comments Last updated Mar 24, 2014
LiLay

Brussels, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

abdu wrote:
<quoted text>
power? power of what lol? army? economy? you are only a threat to those innocent small nations of kenya , somalia , eritria ect...... don't mess with us sudanese, we still got the head of your old king yohannes. and egypt has the largest army in Africa , and you believe you can beat both sudan and egypt? lol joke of the day :D
i don't want war anyway, in fact that dam will benefit sudan too but your statements that your a powerful nation in the region is just ridiculous XD
if U Think Ethiopian army is weak Then why Don't U came and Take back BaDme? U low life SharmoTa AnsseBa MuwatnEri cheguar Mitri. U Hungry AnsseBas are always loyal To yo Arab Masters Kedam Axss holess.
abdu

Oldham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Dagem wrote:
If Egypt attempts to bomb our dam, then she will awaken the sleeping giant to rip her all the way up to down.And, Khartom will also be burnt to the ground as payback.
hahahahahaahhaahhaha you ethiopians got soo much fantasy, sudan has a faaaaar stronger army, a faaaaaar better economy! your girls come to our cities to clean houses and get twice as much as they would get in addis! make no mistake about sudan, ethiopia is nothing to sudan! your problem is with egypt, go fight them in the sea!
abdu

Oldham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

LiLay wrote:
<quoted text>
if U Think Ethiopian army is weak Then why Don't U came and Take back BaDme? U low life SharmoTa AnsseBa MuwatnEri cheguar Mitri. U Hungry AnsseBas are always loyal To yo Arab Masters Kedam Axss holess.
Badme? what is Badme? loooooooool call us hungry? at least we don't come to clean houses in your country like your girls do in ours! don't make me laugh cleaner looool

we have a better army, better economy better much and that area you speaking about Badme? never heard of and must be part of south sudan! you are weak, we onc cut the neck of your king lol
BonGa

Brussels, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

abdu wrote:
<quoted text>
Badme? what is Badme? loooooooool call us hungry? at least we don't come to clean houses in your country like your girls do in ours! don't make me laugh cleaner looool
we have a better army, better economy better much and that area you speaking about Badme? never heard of and must be part of south sudan! you are weak, we onc cut the neck of your king lol
lol-lol So Now Ur From Sudan Hajj Abdu? ahahahahahahah Poor AnsseBa MuwatnEri gone crazy eh. Advice? try to get a life partner as soooon as u can if Not? trust me u will be crazy withen 1-Year.
Mark

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

abdu wrote:
This news is fake, there is no planned attack on ethiopian dam. this ethiopian dam will benefit us in sudan, and we support it. if we wanted to attack these habasha then we would do it on our own, we have a stronger army, better weapons, stronger economy we would burn ethiopia to death just like in the 1880's we aint need those egyptians up there.
a war between egypt and ethiopia won't benefit sudan, but sudan is not gonna be a battlefield. if they wanna kick each others ass then they should fight somewhere else lol. as long as our sudanese interests are not effected we will stay out of this. our president already sent ethiopia milions worth for equipments needed for the dams :/
Sudanese do have more Ethiopian blood, while Egypt at all times Beneth Sudanese. Ancient records tell ancient Ethiopians (Sudanses) actually rulled Egypt in the 25th dynasity. But today Egypt is holding Sudan territories forcefully and we Ethiopians are sad about it. If any wrong comes from Egypt, we will march with our Sudanese brothers towards Cairo, where Sudanese will again rule both Egypt and Sudan. Sudan, please stop following Egypt and start your new life with Ethiopians and East Africans
Mark

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

abdu wrote:
<quoted text>
power? power of what lol? army? economy? you are only a threat to those innocent small nations of kenya , somalia , eritria ect...... don't mess with us sudanese, we still got the head of your old king yohannes. and egypt has the largest army in Africa , and you believe you can beat both sudan and egypt? lol joke of the day :D
i don't want war anyway, in fact that dam will benefit sudan too but your statements that your a powerful nation in the region is just ridiculous XD
I appreciate your civilized look, thank you
shibabaw Fente

Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Sudan!
think about yourself once again.
if you try to involve against Ethiopia and the rights of the people you will be banned in life.
100 million Ethiopian will make a right thing for our survival.
we will make Sudan five smaller nation.
no man will protect us to destroy Khartoum in two days time.
please,please Sudan!
don't engaged to affect absolute rights of our country, Ethiopia
shibabaw Fente

Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Abebaw FENTE

I AGREE with my elder bother's idea.

shibabaw Fente

Sudan
didn't you understand the history of Ethiopian people?
IF YOU WORK AGAINST OUR PROJECT, WE ARE HAPPY TO DESTROY YOUR COUNTRY AND TO BURIED YOU IN THE SAND OF YOUR DESERT.
EGYPTIANS ARE WISE THEY NEVER ATTACK ETHIOPIA, BECAUSE THEY KNOW OUR HISTORY AND CAPACITY.
YOU Sudanese worked to weaken Ethiopia but you lost the fertile land of south Sudan.

Sudan don't select the evil direction.

Believe me you will pay 100 TIME that you are going to deserve

Abebaw FENTE

Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Abebaw FENTE

I AGREE with my elder bother's idea.

shibabaw Fente

Sudan
didn't you understand the history of Ethiopian people?
IF YOU WORK AGAINST OUR PROJECT, WE ARE HAPPY TO DESTROY YOUR COUNTRY AND TO BURIED YOU IN THE SAND OF YOUR DESERT.
EGYPTIANS ARE WISE THEY NEVER ATTACK ETHIOPIA, BECAUSE THEY KNOW OUR HISTORY AND CAPACITY.
YOU Sudanese worked to weaken Ethiopia but you lost the fertile land of south Sudan.

Sudan don't select the evil direction.

Believe me you will pay 100 TIME that you are going to deserve
gech history

Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

war is good please egypy come and war with us war for us its our historical medicen
ok
sol

Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

war and africa still now r f/ship we r barebaric i heat my self
Birr

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

shabia slave endew tsere ityopya qisqesa adrigesh moteshal.
mental slavery must lead to dramatic drop of IQ judging from how desperately you try to spread anti-ethiopian propaganda. even my dog johnny is smarter than you.
eDF wrote:
<quoted text>
Why they expect Egypt & Sudan, if they have the balls already
-Badme is in enemy occupation
-Oromia is not OLF land so far
-Ogaden is not in ONLF hand
So come on HATERS
Birr

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

shabia subhuman slave,
get on your knees so that your italian master could insert his dick in your behind :-)
Jemal wrote:
The fight will be between tigre and neftanga vs egypt. The oromos, ogadiens, afars, gurages and gambelas will not fight against egypt and they should know by now before they start bombing my people! i know the coward tigres will run to eritiria to save their life lol.
CarLiTo

Brussels, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Solomniqe Hirut Birr. Sorry To tell U the Truth But i Have More respeact To Shabian Enemies Than U internal enemies. Blah Blha in Topix won't change Ethiopia so ask Yo self What U do To Ethiopia? did yo Fight For Yo country? Nop! Did U Build a House in Yo Country? Nop! i Don't Think so So what is Yo Love For Moma Ethiopia?? Barkin like a Dog Against Yo Brother won't change Yo Fuxckd up Life So Do Somthin For Yo Self Before Talkin about Ethiopia. i do hate ppl who pretend and Say i Love my Countryyyyy Qushasha WoDaqi HuLu First of all Stop blam Game against Tigray 24/7 okay?!!
and then Try to help Ur So called Amhara state Then only then U can Say i Do care For my country Ethiopia. if Not You are Nothin But a Big JOKE!!!!
Moron Glimmer

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

If all Ethiopians added up together they won't make half what shabia did,they freed you from brutal rulers,they advised these Qmalam agames to fight for Ethiopia as a whole package than Tigray only,HOWEVER they made a big mistake for signing in these Qmalam agames to inter 4kilo. Anyways time to correct mistakes shabia is working on signing out these agames and Ethiopia will breath fresh and lemagnless air soon.promise
Negus Solomon

Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

kahrtum&Cairo
we ethiopian are watching u every move
if u try to fuck with us fist we blow!!' kartum & we came cairo at tehrer square

our great leader pm meles told u many time that the old agrement 'u talking about is Very old fassion idea !!!! old fassion !!!
gonder

Hawassa, Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

this message to all Egyptian leader,do not think to attack Ethiopia. we are strong, we have power to protect any illegal action and also we are the core of hero by defeat the foreign forces.you have to know we are Ethiopian the leader any thing.
ETHIOPIA
Hero

Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Egypt has the largest irrigation dam which produces much of the food for their people.

They are telling to attack Ethiopian dam construction facilities!! Good. What about their dam? Believe me we, Ethiopian, will destroy their DAM by any COST!!!! HUMAN or MILITARY COST!!!

Then after the world will judge us!

WE NEED PEACE if they need it!

God bless Ethiopia!!
ani

Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Gurage gegna wrote:
i change my mind about piloting the plane to ciro. i encorage we use some one dying of aids. becaseu i would like to see there faces when they loose. lol
.you don't know what u talking about ,why the hell u say urself gurage posting such stupid quotes ?we would oppose the attack but not the way u said.handickaped minded people like u leave hatrage on our race
KITAW EJIGU

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

YOU EGYPTIAN,DONOT PUT YOUR SELF ON THE TOP,BECOURSE YOU BROKEN HIGHLY IF YOU FALL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••