The Civil War Is Over: Let The Battle Flag Be

Nov 24, 2011 Full story: Free Republic 4,023

Over the past several months, the NAACP has launched a campaign against the Confederate Battle Flag by protesting its presence at the South Carolina statehouse.

Full Story
Big Bad John Roberts

Newberry, SC

#4410 Jul 21, 2012
The Monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, big bad black boy.
You have your Marxist Kenyan as POTUS, but not for long.
America will be saved from you black and white Marxist.
You and your Kenyan Commie can then go home.
Many blacks became true Americans and leaders, and they are all
conservatives and Republicans, not filthy racist Communist Dimocraps like you.
Yo pissface, thanks for the Big Bad Black Boy compliment. the only reason you could not call me man is because you can't spell ya' dumb klan monkey. But anyway, when the Black president with the middle name HUSSEIN gets re-elected, the suicide rate for you stupid klan monkeys will go up 100%. You won't be missed because there will be true Americans ready to take your places ya stupid COONservative yard monkey. Now Marxist that.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Masud_S_Hoghughi __

Netherlands

#4411 Jul 21, 2012
....the civil war is over......but I would still support the CSA(confederate states of amerika)......

.......and I'm not even an amerikan......

Mud Blood and Beer

Dallas, TX

#4412 Jul 21, 2012
Masud_S_Hoghughi__ wrote:
....the civil war is over......but I would still support the CSA(confederate states of amerika)......
Why?
(I would like the person who posted this to answer, I would like to get his take on it)
Big Bad John Roberts

Irmo, SC

#4413 Jul 22, 2012
Masud_S_Hoghughi__ wrote:
Yo' Maude, as history has shown, your support would not matter since good will always overcome evil.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Mud Blood and Beer

Dallas, TX

#4414 Jul 22, 2012
Big Bad John Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>Yo' Maude, as history has shown, your support would not matter since good will always overcome evil.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
I wish that were true.
Big Bad John Roberts

Chapin, SC

#4415 Jul 24, 2012
Mud Blood and Beer wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish that were true.
Spoken like a true evil in denial. Even Hollywood knows a winner when they see one. In the first 10 minutes of the movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine, they were showing visions of past wars. In the Civil War, the mutants Wolverine and Victor Creed fought on the side of the North to beat the hell out of the cowardly klancestors of the monkey racists in this thread.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Feb 10

Mount Mourne, NC

#4416 Jul 25, 2012
The whole Confederacy was unarguably unconstitutional because Article One, Section 10 [of the U.S. Constitution] says no state can enter into a treaty with another state," Currie said. "The U.S. Constitution is not a contract you can get out of over a material breech," which was the attitude people had had about the collapsed Articles of Confederation.

On the point about whether the framers intended secession to be possible, Currie observed that "in the constitutional convention, James Madison argued that the document should not be ratified by state legislatures but by state conventions of citizens in order that no one would later be able to secede." To oversimplify the matter, Currie said as a digression, "Virginia did not secede over slavery as the cotton states did, but over states rights, over being asked to provide its militia to force the return of South Carolina to the Union."

In most respects the Confederate constitution was "a carbon copy of the U.S. Constitution," he said. "It's very odd that states driven to the extremity of succession adopt the same language they are rebelling against. So, it's not that they objected to a strong central government, they just wanted to run it for themselves.

"Jefferson Davis said that the South did not object to the Constitution, but to the way it had been 'perverted by northern interpretation'.[The Confederates] said they wanted to go back to their original interpretation and they want to prevent wrong interpretations from recurring."

The explicit changes the Confederacy added, Currie said, were to say, yes, there is the power to tax, but not the power to impose protective tariffs. Furthermore, there is the power to regulate commerce but not the power to promote commerce. There is no power to ban slavery or interfere with it, only to regulate it.

"These changes dealt with symptoms and not the disease," he said.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4417 Jul 25, 2012
The Confederacy wanted the Constitution to be interpreted as it was written. If it did not address an issue directly, then it was up to the States and the People to determine which laws to create and enforce, not the Federal Government.

The Union wanted the Constitution to serve as a "living document", meaning that it could be altered to reflect the current situation without needing to be amended. And through this, the Federal government obtained more power than was intended by the framers.

The Union won the war and by such, the manner that the constitution is interpreted. This is why cases such as Roe Vs Wade, Loving Vs Virginia, etc... resulted as they did.

However, the war did teach the Federal government to tread gently lest they face a similar situation as the Civil War.
Mud Blood and Beer

Dallas, TX

#4418 Jul 27, 2012
Big Bad John Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>Spoken like a true evil in denial. Even Hollywood knows a winner when they see one. In the first 10 minutes of the movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine, they were showing visions of past wars. In the Civil War, the mutants Wolverine and Victor Creed fought on the side of the North to beat the hell out of the cowardly klancestors of the monkey racists in this thread.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
That is the dream world of hollywood. In the real world bad guys frequently win.
Are you saying I'm evil?
I do not and have not defended the confederacy.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#4419 Jul 27, 2012
Virginia Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
well, after all it was my White Ancestors who founded and built this glorious Nation under God, and they made their accomplishments and sacrifices to benefit their descendants so that we would not have to suffer the shackles of tyranny. And they did develop the Capitalist system so that anyone with the ambition to work hard and invest wisely can share in obtaining such prosperity. This system has proven to be so beneficial and correct that we quickly rose to be the most powerful Nation on Earth, with millions coming to our shores each year so that they can shed the traditions and chains of their former homeland and embrace our Americanism.
This is one of the unique characteristics of the American White Race. What we do is not for ourselves, but for our children and their children. As these traits are passed on to each generation, so is the accumulated wealth and knowledge.
I offer no apology for being of the superior race. I am very proud of it. As you benefit from our accomplishments as well, you ought to stop being so arrogant and start being more appreciative of the benefits and programs we provide to you so you can become more of an asset to civilization rather than a liability.
Your shoddy thinking and self-serving bigotry only demonstrates that you as an individual are VERY inferior, boy.

Come talk that racism in my presence and I'll slap that nonsense out of you.

The USA is a huge overblown evil empire abusing many countries, allowing corporate neo-feudalists to own all our asses, and you're celebrating this? LOL... well, you're also a fool who thinks the Confederat Rag has some honor attached to it... LOL!!!

Jackass.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#4420 Jul 27, 2012
Virginia Patriot wrote:
The Confederacy wanted the Constitution to be interpreted as it was written. If it did not address an issue directly, then it was up to the States and the People to determine which laws to create and enforce, not the Federal Government.
The Union wanted the Constitution to serve as a "living document", meaning that it could be altered to reflect the current situation without needing to be amended. And through this, the Federal government obtained more power than was intended by the framers.
The Union won the war and by such, the manner that the constitution is interpreted. This is why cases such as Roe Vs Wade, Loving Vs Virginia, etc... resulted as they did.
However, the war did teach the Federal government to tread gently lest they face a similar situation as the Civil War.
The Confederats wanted to continue with their evil slaving system, to continue to rape slaves at night, to lazily continue with an outmoded feudal system which was anachronistic and holding the country back...

And the Confederat slime put the country through hell to fight for this idiocy.

Bunch of goddam misfits.

Location hidden

#4421 Jul 28, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Your shoddy thinking and self-serving bigotry only demonstrates that you as an individual are VERY inferior, boy.
Come talk that racism in my presence and I'll slap that nonsense out of you.
The USA is a huge overblown evil empire abusing many countries, allowing corporate neo-feudalists to own all our asses, and you're celebrating this? LOL... well, you're also a fool who thinks the Confederat Rag has some honor attached to it... LOL!!!
Jackass.
In the past, your race called mine, Master. Your ancestors depended on us to provide food, shelter, clothing, medicines and the other necessities of life. This institution was known as slavery.

Today in the present, yor race calls mine, Boss. Your race still depends on us to provide food, shelter, clothing, medicines and the other necessities of life. This institution is known as welfare.

That old adage "The more things change, the more they stay the same" holds true after all.

Location hidden

#4422 Jul 28, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
The Confederats wanted to continue with their evil slaving system, to continue to rape slaves at night, to lazily continue with an outmoded feudal system which was anachronistic and holding the country back...
And the Confederat slime put the country through hell to fight for this idiocy.
Bunch of goddam misfits.
If the Civil War was fought over slavery, would you care to explain why and how slavery ended in the Confederacy 7 months before it was abolished in the Union? or why the Union offered to pass a Constitutional Amendment to forever allow a State to own slaves if the Confederacy would only return to the Union?

I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And in as much as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race- Abraham Lincoln 1858

"I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so." Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1861.

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause." Abraham Lincoln August 22, 1862

"Do the people of the South really entertain fears that a Republican administration would, directly, or indirectly, interfere with their slaves, or with them, about their slaves? If they do, I wish to assure you, as once a friend, and still, I hope, not an enemy, that there is no cause for such fears." Abraham Lincoln December 22, 1860
Big Bad John Roberts

Newberry, SC

#4423 Jul 28, 2012
Mud Blood and Beer wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the dream world of hollywood. In the real world bad guys frequently win.
Are you saying I'm evil?
I do not and have not defended the confederacy.
I thought about the evil reference to you and have no problem apologizing for that.

Now as for Hollywood, it often imitates those things that are appealing. The XMan reference is one of many things. After all, who the hell wants to portray the Civil War losers in a positive light. They are the evil that lost the war. As for the Confederate flag the following is my take on the whole matter:

Flags don't hurt people, people with flags with bad intentions hurt people. Here in SC I do not take issue with the flag but with closet people that hate people they don't even know. Lol! the only time I have encountered any racist cowards here is when they are speeding by 100 mph. while I am going the speed limit.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#4424 Jul 28, 2012
Virginia Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
In the past, your race called mine, Master. Your ancestors depended on us to provide food, shelter, clothing, medicines and the other necessities of life. This institution was known as slavery.
Today in the present, yor race calls mine, Boss. Your race still depends on us to provide food, shelter, clothing, medicines and the other necessities of life. This institution is known as welfare.
That old adage "The more things change, the more they stay the same" holds true after all.
I'm not black, boy.

But I'd still be happy to go Nat Turner on your ass.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#4425 Jul 28, 2012
Virginia Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Civil War was fought over slavery, would you care to explain why and how slavery ended in the Confederacy 7 months before it was abolished in the Union? or why the Union offered to pass a Constitutional Amendment to forever allow a State to own slaves if the Confederacy would only return to the Union?
I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And in as much as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race- Abraham Lincoln 1858
"I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so." Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1861.
"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause." Abraham Lincoln August 22, 1862
"Do the people of the South really entertain fears that a Republican administration would, directly, or indirectly, interfere with their slaves, or with them, about their slaves? If they do, I wish to assure you, as once a friend, and still, I hope, not an enemy, that there is no cause for such fears." Abraham Lincoln December 22, 1860
Take your hackneyed and well-refuted apologetics and shove it up your rancid Confederat ass, boy.

Think you can manage that?

Location hidden

#4426 Jul 28, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not black, boy.
But I'd still be happy to go Nat Turner on your ass.
You are a traitor to your race and you surrendered your birthright when you adopted and embraced the black culture, customs and traditions. As your life style is not by fate, but by choice, you are nothing more than the foams on the sea; without purpose or benefit to man or beast.
Therefore, to the White race you will forever be considered a negro and be treated as such. To the black race, you are nothing but a peon for a pawn. Just be ware; When the day comes when you find yourself in a frenzy of a black mob, do not expect them to spare you jut because you say "Yo bro, I be on your side".

BTW: Don't forget about what happened to Nat Turner or his followers.

Location hidden

#4427 Jul 28, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your hackneyed and well-refuted apologetics and shove it up your rancid Confederat ass, boy.
Think you can manage that?
You are clearly out of your social class if your only defense when presented with verifiable facts is to engage in juvenilistic retorts.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4428 Jul 28, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
The Normans of Normandie were of a mixed bag of various peoples. There were the seafarers of the Vikings, the barbaric Germans,(Teutons), a mixture of the French and Italians, and there were even small colonies of Irish in the First Century AD along the lower French/Hispanic coast.
The Vikings had even ventured into the land of the Turks by this time, so their culture, if that's what it was, had already left it's influence some 300 years before the fall of Roman occupation of Europe. The Romans found out the hard way with the Picts, Germans, and Saxons that were living in Gaul and Britania, that it was never going to be easy occupying the Isles. Queen Bodeca and Hadrian's Wall tells a lot about that part of history.
Norse religious beliefs were unique to the northern part of Europe, and quite frankly, scared hell out of the Romans. Rome knew the price they would have to pay to occupy Gaul and Germany. They found the price higher in Britian. Even the Turks knew not mess with Vikings.
I remember a story I have in my ancestry files about the the various clans of Norseman and how they settled their differences.
One of my granddfathers decided that he would use guile and tradition to rid himself of some pesky clansmen on his border. He invited them to a feast in his round house, got them drunk on honey beer to the extent they passed out, then ordered his family to leave. Outside they barricaded the doors and set the round house on fire. If these neighboring clansmen were fortunate enough to escape being burned alive, they were hacked to death trying to escape. But I also lost a set of grandparents that way too.
There are odes and songs of these events. I am learning all about them.
It's interesting stuff as you look at how they traveled and sometimes fought or settled in parts of Europe and Canada
Mr Big Bad John Roerts

Columbia, SC

#4429 Sep 20, 2012
Looks like like I have rid this thread of those stupid COONfederate monkey crap racists. LOFL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sen. Rodriguez proposes principles, good data a... 1 hr Earl 4
Sen. Rodriguez proposes principals, good data a... 4 hr Rural living 13
As Statewide Smoking Ban Burns Out in Capitol, ... Sat generalsn1234567 1
Rangel: Texas' stance on immigration could soon... Dec 14 Dave Dung 2
Petition Seeks to Get Posthumous Degree for Tex... Dec 12 Donny Brook 1
Texas Denied Grants For Pre-K Funding Dec 12 Donny Brook 1
Perry: Most people expect him to run for president Dec 10 Bald beaver 1
More from around the web