Court: Texas can cut off Planned Parenthood funds

Aug 21, 2012 Full story: Rome News 165

A federal appeals court ruled late Tuesday that Texas can cut off funding for Planned Parenthood clinics that provide health services to low-income women before a trial over a new law that bans state money from going to organizations tied to abortion providers.

Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#1 Aug 23, 2012
Yeah, that's a smart idea, guess Texas loves paying welfare instead of helping poor people not get pregnant. Protect them until they're born is a way of life for them.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#2 Aug 23, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Yeah, that's a smart idea, guess Texas loves paying welfare instead of helping poor people not get pregnant. Protect them until they're born is a way of life for them.
You bleeding heart liberal. The court ruled that Texas can cut off state funding to Planned Parenthood clinics that "provide health services to low-income women" while the main issue of banning states funds from going to organiztions that provide abotions is being litigated. If you can read what is in the ruling, then quit posting your socialist agenda to make it sound like Texas doesn't give a damn about it's female population. The American public is getting sick of the liberal bs coming out of special interest organizations that embrace liberal, socialist, communist ideas that are ruining this country.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#3 Aug 23, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
You bleeding heart liberal. The court ruled that Texas can cut off state funding to Planned Parenthood clinics that "provide health services to low-income women" while the main issue of banning states funds from going to organiztions that provide abotions is being litigated. If you can read what is in the ruling, then quit posting your socialist agenda to make it sound like Texas doesn't give a damn about it's female population. The American public is getting sick of the liberal bs coming out of special interest organizations that embrace liberal, socialist, communist ideas that are ruining this country.
Actually, I'm a fiscal conservative with libertarian leanings and liberal equality. Nice that you attempt to pidgeonhole me more than that. Abortion services is only about 1% of the services provided by PP. So yes, Texas just showed that it cares only about fetuses.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#4 Aug 23, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I'm a fiscal conservative with libertarian leanings and liberal equality. Nice that you attempt to pidgeonhole me more than that. Abortion services is only about 1% of the services provided by PP. So yes, Texas just showed that it cares only about fetuses.
You can't be a fiscal conservative and embrace the spending of public funds on abortions as a result of a woman's right to choose, which should be her financial burden.
Free to choose, free to pay.

No self-respecting libertarian would lean towards the federal government intrusion into the Constitutional rights reserved for each of the 50 states. The fed telling Texas it has to fund any organization that violates the laws of Texas and it's funding policy is evil to libertarians.

And as for liberals being for equality, they have gone too far to the left,(that's socialism to you), and have allowed our country to begin a headlong run towards socialism and, in the near future, anarchy. There is nothing equal by letting millions of illegal entrants from Mexico to come here and squat. Or sticking to the notion that the federal government should manage every American's life from the craddle to the grave in the guise of equality.

I don't know where you get your 1% abortion services figure at, but try to explain to me why Planned Parenthood is going to all of this extensive and expensive trouble in the courts for 1% of it's business? I wasn't riding in the turnip truck last night.

Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#5 Aug 23, 2012
PP doesn't care much about women, if they did they would be willing to give up the 3% (that they say is abortion services) to protect the 97% that is not. Obviously the 97% of their services, that aren't abortion, services aren't really all that important to them.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#6 Aug 23, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be a fiscal conservative and embrace the spending of public funds on abortions as a result of a woman's right to choose, which should be her financial burden.
Free to choose, free to pay.
No self-respecting libertarian would lean towards the federal government intrusion into the Constitutional rights reserved for each of the 50 states. The fed telling Texas it has to fund any organization that violates the laws of Texas and it's funding policy is evil to libertarians.
And as for liberals being for equality, they have gone too far to the left,(that's socialism to you), and have allowed our country to begin a headlong run towards socialism and, in the near future, anarchy. There is nothing equal by letting millions of illegal entrants from Mexico to come here and squat. Or sticking to the notion that the federal government should manage every American's life from the craddle to the grave in the guise of equality.
I don't know where you get your 1% abortion services figure at, but try to explain to me why Planned Parenthood is going to all of this extensive and expensive trouble in the courts for 1% of it's business? I wasn't riding in the turnip truck last night.
Not all conservatives are as short sided as the religious nuts. Long term costs of unwanted pregnancies cost us millions per year in taxes. A few abortions costs a few hundred per year. You do the math.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#7 Aug 23, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all conservatives are as short sided as the religious nuts. Long term costs of unwanted pregnancies cost us millions per year in taxes. A few abortions costs a few hundred per year. You do the math.
So cost is more omportant that lives?
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#8 Aug 24, 2012
oops "important"

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#9 Aug 24, 2012
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
So cost is more omportant that lives?
They are not alive until they can survive outside of the womb. That is why there is a maximum term on abortions. The costs of unwanted and unplanned children to taxpayers is massive, the savings of stopping a few abortions will only exacerbate the costs.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#10 Aug 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not alive until they can survive outside of the womb. That is why there is a maximum term on abortions. The costs of unwanted and unplanned children to taxpayers is massive, the savings of stopping a few abortions will only exacerbate the costs.
The woman is carring a dead embryo/fetus?
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#11 Aug 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all conservatives are as short sided as the religious nuts. Long term costs of unwanted pregnancies cost us millions per year in taxes. A few abortions costs a few hundred per year. You do the math.
Killing "unwanted babies" on whim is not a math problem. You should be ashamed of yourself trying to con America into believing it cost millions per year on unwanted pregnancies, when welfare fraud from the ones who turn birth "kids for profit" cost BILLIONS. Now how do you like the math?
paddyomalley

Austin, TX

#13 Aug 25, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Yeah, that's a smart idea, guess Texas loves paying welfare instead of helping poor people not get pregnant. Protect them until they're born is a way of life for them.
I don't like to pay for some sl*t's abortion, so you write the checks. Anyway, our welfare queens head to California to get a pay raise.
a voter

Saint Augustine, FL

#14 Aug 25, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing "unwanted babies" on whim is not a math problem. You should be ashamed of yourself trying to con America into believing it cost millions per year on unwanted pregnancies, when welfare fraud from the ones who turn birth "kids for profit" cost BILLIONS. Now how do you like the math?
So save the babies, unless they need public assistance?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#15 Aug 25, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing "unwanted babies" on whim is not a math problem. You should be ashamed of yourself trying to con America into believing it cost millions per year on unwanted pregnancies, when welfare fraud from the ones who turn birth "kids for profit" cost BILLIONS. Now how do you like the math?
I cannot argue your final point, as I just went for the lowest more realistic value. It is likely that such is costing us billions per year, however, you do realize that many of those are the same people who do not support abortion at all, correct? You see, the solution I want would make both sides happy, if it wasn't for the fact that it removes one of our liberties. But the cost effectiveness would be much better as well as give us a method of population control, but the control would be wrought with corruption so I can agree that it is not a viable solution at this time, but it would be the only middle road solution. Since the middle road solution is not viable, allowing for abortion within limits reduces the costs, as well as places the decision and subsequent impacts on the person who it effects most, meaning, it retains a liberty. You cannot have a solution without some drawbacks or penalties, so choose the solution with the best balance between them.

Pay for them after they are born, or pay less for the ones that the women want to be rid of before they become viable on their own.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#16 Aug 25, 2012
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman is carring a dead embryo/fetus?
Until a specific stage of development, yes. Do you call an egg a chicken?
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#17 Aug 25, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Until a specific stage of development, yes. Do you call an egg a chicken?
So what magic make something alive that was dead, and when does this happen?
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#18 Aug 25, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not alive until they can survive outside of the womb. That is why there is a maximum term on abortions. The costs of unwanted and unplanned children to taxpayers is massive, the savings of stopping a few abortions will only exacerbate the costs.
Really? So this dead thing has a heart beat, moves, and grows-but it's dead?????? Where did you learn biology?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#19 Aug 25, 2012
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So this dead thing has a heart beat, moves, and grows-but it's dead?????? Where did you learn biology?
Viability is what best describes when something is alive, because by your standards when you remove the appendix you are killing something.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#20 Aug 25, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Viability is what best describes when something is alive, because by your standards when you remove the appendix you are killing something.
An appendix has a heart that beats? Does the appendex have the same DNA as the person that it is part of? Can the appendex have a different blood type or be of a different sex?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#21 Aug 25, 2012
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
An appendix has a heart that beats? Does the appendex have the same DNA as the person that it is part of? Can the appendex have a different blood type or be of a different sex?
The only thing a fetus has, out of your list, which an appendix does not is the DNA, until a certain point the fetus' blood supply is entirely from the mother. Nice how you ignore that part.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Climate change takes on more urgent tone 16 min IBdaMann 6
Justices allow Texas to enforce strict voter ID... 57 min WeTheSheeple 298
Obama approves reservists for Ebola fight, gove... Thu CorruptedMedia 287
Carter: States should decide same-sex marriage ... Wed Frankie Rizzo 61
GOP loyalties strained as four Texans ponder pr... Wed Lawrence Wolf 84
Since the minute the Civil War ended, Texas has... Oct 22 Jubilant Sleep 2
More Oct 20 palmtreeseverywhere 1

Texas Government People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE