Texas Gov. Perry vetoes texting while...

Texas Gov. Perry vetoes texting while driving bill

There are 105 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jun 17, 2011, titled Texas Gov. Perry vetoes texting while driving bill. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Gov. Rick Perry has vetoed a bill that would have outlawed sending or reading text messages while driving.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
greg h

El Paso, TX

#102 Jun 24, 2011
Austin wrote:
I love people criticizing Perry for being such a bad Govenor, yet the last time I checked, almost a 1/3 of the jobs created during the Obama administration has been jobs here in Texas! He isnt perfect but for the most part Texas has been able to avoid a terrible economy and since Perry came into office, more people have moved into Texas than any other state as well... But ya the guy is sooooooooooo terrible! LOL libs are delusional!
Where did you get your facts. If that were true, then WHY do we have 10% of all Texans out of work. Or under water with thier home Mortgage.
handsome stranger

Laredo, TX

#103 Jun 25, 2011
President wrote:
Perry for president!
... of Afghanistan!
Citizen

Rio Vista, TX

#104 Jul 3, 2011
These people are only trying to get directions because of the addressing methods used by the county government. Its the only way you can find a road in Rural East Texas.
Citizen

Rio Vista, TX

#105 Jul 3, 2011
It's true but most of the jobs were created because the locals couldn't find their way to work.
Lyla Burns

Salt Lake City, UT

#106 Apr 23, 2012
Without laws against texting, we are all going to have to take defensive driving texas course. http://www.247texasdriversafety.com/ Texting while driving should definitely be against the law. There are far too many tragic stories. Thanks for sharing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sean Spicer: Trump 'has a heart' on immigration Apr 25 tomin cali 1
News Prison company struggles to get license for fam... Apr 25 Nono 3
News Court again finds intentional voter discriminat... Apr 23 Retribution 18
News Texas governor gives first clear support for 'b... Apr 19 Laredo 1
News New study renews fears about Texas bathroom bil... Apr 18 TerriB1 1
News Axelrod: Obama faces 'titanic struggle' (Sep '11) Apr 17 Valerie 2012 22
News Axelrod: Obama faces 'titanic struggle' (Sep '11) Apr 14 Dubya 656
More from around the web