Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton Arrested on Federal Firearms and Moonshining Violations in Cocke County

“The last run of likker I'll ever make”

VIN "POPCORN" SUTTON ARRESTED ON FEDERAL FIREARMS AND MOONSHINING VIOLATIONS IN COCKE COUNTY - Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton ,61, of Parrottsville, Tennessee, author of the book "Me and My Likker" and star of his ... via US Department of Justice Bureau of ATF

Full Story
saywhat

Riverton, WY

#61 Dec 21, 2008
I believe it's you that needs to take a long look in the mirror...
Sky didn't cuss her father once on this comment page, but I have heard Popcorn cuss and call her everything but a child of his...
and you want her to love and respect him for that?
it baffles me how you and some others can come down on her for her feelings, when you never even once took a step in her shoes...
you and others uphold him, when he has just continuously breaks the law...where is that fair to others? he just thought he was untouchable...he obviously wasn't that sick to be running the operation he had...
as I said before a true hero is the men who stood by their children, not the ones that tossed them aside...
lay off Sky...she's been hurt enough! she was addressing her little brother and not you!
etaohc wrote:
It is obvious Popcorn's daughter holds a grudge against her father, Which she may be entitled to.
But what does it say about someone who only holds hatred, bad words, and vile for someone after all of these years??
Sky loves to bash Popcorn, but what about the woman who was callous and so irresponsible that she would allow herself to get pregnant by a man who was the same back then as he is now.
Popcorn is a product of his raising and environment. He is famous because of his refusal to do away with a long standing tradition within these mountains we call home.
I have seen Popcorn help out a stranded motorist in the pouring rain on the side of the highway. I have seen him stuff money in a collection jar for needy people on a store counter.
if you want to know why you have a father who wont have anything to do with you, maybe you need to ask your mother about her judgement in men, and take a long look in the mirror at yourself.
To be honest, if my daughter , who lived across the country from me, wrote the bile and hatred about me that Sky wrote about her father, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with her either.
Quit trying to be famous by riding on your father's coattails and get a life. Pray for him, and show him some love and respect and maybe you will get it back.
Sky Sutton

North Hatfield, MA

#62 Dec 21, 2008
etaohc wrote:
It is obvious Popcorn's daughter holds a grudge against her father, Which she may be entitled to.
But what does it say about someone who only holds hatred, bad words, and vile for someone after all of these years??
Sky loves to bash Popcorn, but what about the woman who was callous and so irresponsible that she would allow herself to get pregnant by a man who was the same back then as he is now.
Popcorn is a product of his raising and environment. He is famous because of his refusal to do away with a long standing tradition within these mountains we call home.
I have seen Popcorn help out a stranded motorist in the pouring rain on the side of the highway. I have seen him stuff money in a collection jar for needy people on a store counter.
if you want to know why you have a father who wont have anything to do with you, maybe you need to ask your mother about her judgement in men, and take a long look in the mirror at yourself.
To be honest, if my daughter , who lived across the country from me, wrote the bile and hatred about me that Sky wrote about her father, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with her either.
Quit trying to be famous by riding on your father's coattails and get a life. Pray for him, and show him some love and respect and maybe you will get it back.
You've got nothing better to throw than "Your Momma!" at me? Callous? Irresponsible? SIR, MY PARENTS WERE VERY MUCH MARRIED WHEN I WAS BORN. There's no callousness or irresponsibility in that. And even if they weren't married, so what? Best to leave people's Momma's out of it. It makes you look petty and lacking in imagination.

You accuse me of bile? Hatred? Bashing? Coattails? LOL! OMG! You are precious! I'm doing no more than you are: expressing an opinion. Like everyone one else on every comments page across the planet. You've got a right to yours. I've got a right to mine. He's not your father, is he? Personally, I think it adds a little texture to this comments page to post multiple sides of an issue. Isn't that what comments pages are for?
saywhat

Riverton, WY

#63 Dec 21, 2008
I would like to also add that Popcorn doesn't know what all he threw away...far from the fame you claim he has or had...but his wonderful kids he may never get back now...
I would be proud to have Sky as a daughter, she's witty, smart, kind and considerate, and I'll bet 10 to 1 that's a reflection of her mom...she'll tell you like it is and not fish for the far fetched words that don't mean anything...
she does have a life, but what has he done to his own?

Since: Feb 08

Jamestown

#64 Dec 21, 2008
saywhat.....I have read several "blogs" and posts from Sky where she belittles Popcorn for various things.

Had Popcorn not got a little "fame" behind his name, you would never see anything from Skye posted on the internet about her father.

You never see "Skye Sutton"...You see Skye Sutton..the daughter of Popcorn Sutton.

As for your parents married state...Popcorn was the same then as he is now.

There was bad decisions made on several fronts. Your mother is just as much to blame as Popcorn is.
Sky Sutton

North Hatfield, MA

#65 Dec 21, 2008
etaohc wrote:
saywhat.....I have read several "blogs" and posts from Sky where she belittles Popcorn for various things.
Had Popcorn not got a little "fame" behind his name, you would never see anything from Skye posted on the internet about her father.
You never see "Skye Sutton"...You see Skye Sutton..the daughter of Popcorn Sutton.
As for your parents married state...Popcorn was the same then as he is now.
There was bad decisions made on several fronts. Your mother is just as much to blame as Popcorn is.
I can only assume that your web surfing ability is at an all time low. Googling my name will bring you to pages concerning US history, Middle East exploration and many other pages. My father's "fame" is not something I covet. It's something I've inherited.:)

I have been posting about my father long before his arrests in an effort to learn about the man who says I don't exist. That's what the web is for. Check your sources.

Your spelling is questionable as well. Please read the little tag next to this post for the correct spelling of my name.

ps- dead beat dads should be "belittled." They are little.
saywhat

Riverton, WY

#66 Dec 21, 2008
etaohc...and if Popcorn could get on here and leave a message, every one's ears would still be burning long after you shut off the computer...
when I asked him if he wanted to get to know her?that she was willing, he went into a rage like I had never heard before...
I can't help but wonder how men can disregard their own child, "a part of them" like they was no more than a dirty dish rag....
she has every right to say she is his daughter, because she is!
keep making excuses for him...
I am for the children and always will be....
likker

Johnson City, TN

#67 Dec 21, 2008
And the sham keeps on "keeping on".
Odd that every public web page devoted to Popcorn, you somehow seem to find the time to get on it and belittle the man more and more.
So the man wants to have nothing to do with you..GET OVER IT. You obviously feel the same way.
He will pay for his wrongs. I dare say he has more of a chance of getting right and seeing the error of his life than you do.
Sky Sutton

North Hatfield, MA

#68 Dec 21, 2008
likker wrote:
And the sham keeps on "keeping on".
Odd that every public web page devoted to Popcorn, you somehow seem to find the time to get on it and belittle the man more and more.
So the man wants to have nothing to do with you..GET OVER IT. You obviously feel the same way.
He will pay for his wrongs. I dare say he has more of a chance of getting right and seeing the error of his life than you do.
Yawn. It's been fun.:) See ya'll. Enjoy trashing me and mine. It gives me something to read in the winter months when it's all cold and boring.
LOGIC PLEASE

Hollywood, FL

#69 Dec 22, 2008
Sky Sutton.
You may be able to sue your biological father under old Tennessee child laws.
If he declared in print,or film,that he made income,while he was responsible under Tennessee law,for his children's support,you may have claims.

I had a wonderful father,who gave up things for himself,in order to provide for me and my kin.
Some men are real men,others get served.

Sky Sutton

North Hatfield, MA

#70 Dec 22, 2008
LOGIC PLEASE wrote:
Sky Sutton.
You may be able to sue your biological father under old Tennessee child laws.
If he declared in print,or film,that he made income,while he was responsible under Tennessee law,for his children's support,you may have claims.
I had a wonderful father,who gave up things for himself,in order to provide for me and my kin.
Some men are real men,others get served.
Thank you! I'll look into it immediately.
bashful_brothers lope

Knoxville, TN

#71 Dec 27, 2008
well i for one feel sorry for him.no matter what he has done wrong in the past,he has a heart and feelings just you and i. i do know one thing, he is honest on his word....
Jay

Fort Campbell, TN

#72 Jan 4, 2009
Leave the man alone,and catch the real crooks!
Jay

Fort Campbell, TN

#73 Jan 4, 2009
Leave the man alone and catch the real crooks.
chris

United States

#74 Jan 9, 2009
leave him alone hes a legand and thats what we need more of in this country legands are a dieing breed.
pidigon fordge

United States

#75 Jan 9, 2009
god bless popcorn sutton
judie

AOL

#76 Jan 26, 2009
Let him go!! Let's get those rich "Legal thieves" first. He's just trying to make a living like every one else, and he is HONEST, which cannot be said of of most people.
HOLLEY LIPSCOMB

Baton Rouge, LA

#77 Jan 26, 2009
I wish they would just leave this poor fellow alone. He is someone who is trying to make a living. I know his trial is today and hopefully he is going to be ok. I would hate to see such a legend go to jail.

Since: Apr 08

Walker,LA

#78 Jan 27, 2009
Its my understanding he got 18 months. Man, thats messed up, I am in Sessions and Criminal Court all the time and see sorry SOB's get slapped on the wrist for things far worse then moonshinin. Its all about making a name for themselves by prosecuting him.Leave the man alone and start locking up the real criminals
MaggieSgt

Van Wyck, SC

#79 Jan 27, 2009
We went to war 200+ years ago for a tea tax.I guess we were wrong in our thinking that taxing things by a higher authority should not be allowed.It would be nice to see the handling/chain of command for the evidence and what ultimately will happen to it.(wink,wink)
georgia

Spartanburg, SC

#80 Jan 28, 2009
E-YO wrote:
The man is a moonshining bum. Lock him up.
i hate that you feel this way, but i would notcall him a bum because he was making his living without handouts from the goverment ,like all the real bums in america that sit back on their butts and gets everything they can from the working people like popcorn ,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tennessee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 13 min ahop71 1,624
Lawsuit Against DHS Could Lead To Reform (Feb '08) 23 hr RR EARLE 68
The Lillelid murders: ten years later (Feb '07) Dec 23 Roman 48
Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Dec 19 Crackerman 8,660
Congressman Under Fire For 'Outlaw Divorce' Rem... (Jul '06) Dec 17 Swedenforever 39
Bluegrass on 'It's a Harmony Road Christmas' th... Dec 16 Will Dockery 1
living in tri cities in east tenn Dec 16 irishsneakers 1
More from around the web