Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton Arrested on F...

Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton Arrested on Federal Firearms and Moonshining Violations in Cocke County

There are 176 comments on the US Department of Justice Bureau of ATF story from Mar 17, 2008, titled Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton Arrested on Federal Firearms and Moonshining Violations in Cocke County. In it, US Department of Justice Bureau of ATF reports that:

“The last run of likker I'll ever make”

VIN "POPCORN" SUTTON ARRESTED ON FEDERAL FIREARMS AND MOONSHINING VIOLATIONS IN COCKE COUNTY - Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton ,61, of Parrottsville, Tennessee, author of the book "Me and My Likker" and star of his ... via US Department of Justice Bureau of ATF

Join the discussion below, or Read more at US Department of Justice Bureau of ATF.

say what

Lander, WY

#21 May 18, 2008
Vickie and Jennifer-Ann I do hope some way you both will get in contact with Sky Sutton, just Google her, she would love to meet her siblings by this man, it's sad that so many may want to make a hero and legion of such a person.
I don't see him as a cute little hillbilly at all, just a pathetic one that left children to hurt, my heart goes out to all of them...
Good luck!
Sky Sutton

Pittsfield, MA

#22 May 19, 2008
-Ann wrote:
How can anyone have symapthy for a man (popcorn) who goes around town putting jars out for people in need and then keeping it for his self. I personally have witnessed him laughing about this. And also popcorn is guiltt of lots of other thing not just moonshinning!!!!He also has a 13 year old son that hehas not and does not care for.A daughter named sky that he does not take care of also. People have failed to mention that he burned his mom and dad's house and his mother Bonnie is rotting in a nurseing home in North Carolina. So I have no smpathy for this man!
Sister of my brother in Las Vegas, please email me via my Popcorn blog.:) I'd love to hear from you.

& Yay, Vikki!

The rest of you: knock yourself out supporting a petty little man. He may be a master moonshiner but it makes him no less of a looser. Those actually involved in this situation already know the truth. You can praise Popcorn to the heavens- it won't mean a thing. ;)
say what

Lander, WY

#23 May 19, 2008
DEE DEE wrote:
I AM MARRIED TO HIS NEW WIFE'S STEP-SON,I THINK THEY SOULD LEAVE HIM ALONE.IT'S A SOUTHERN THING!AT LEAST HE DOESN'T SELL TO OUR KIDS.GO FIND ALL THESE DRUGS DEALERS WE HAVE IN TOWN!!!
does this make you some kind of celebrity to be the wife of his new wife's step-son? you are only fooling yourself, if you think grown ups were the only ones to get their hands on his product...
if they leave him alone, they should also leave the drug dealers alone too...
this excuse for making it to feed their children is a crock!
if a prositute sells herself to feed her children, would that be ok too?
bottom line..."it's all against the law" one is no better than the other...
Popcorn Fan

Corry, PA

#24 May 25, 2008
I love Popcorn. He is unquestionably the coolest old man on God's green earth. The Feds ought to just leave him the hell alone and go fight some real crime.
Ex-Mason

Johnson City, TN

#25 Jun 15, 2008
Sky Sutton wrote:
<quoted text>
Sister of my brother in Las Vegas, please email me via my Popcorn blog.:) I'd love to hear from you.
& Yay, Vikki!
The rest of you: knock yourself out supporting a petty little man. He may be a master moonshiner but it makes him no less of a looser. Those actually involved in this situation already know the truth. You can praise Popcorn to the heavens- it won't mean a thing. ;)
Sky,I see you blaming Popcorn for all your problems. But what does it say about a woman who would sleep and have children by a man who is so terirble?

2 people created you, and 2 people handed you the cards you were dealt. Not just Popcorn.

Popcorn may be the sorriest man on earth...but who chose him to have kids by him?

Put the blame where the blame is due.
Jennifer-Ann

United States

#26 Jun 25, 2008
Sky Sutton wrote:
<quoted text>
& Yay, Vikki!
It just sais Las Vegas we are here in good ole Newport chick and so is Solomon!!!! Popcorn's son he does not claim!!! That's alright cause his son wants no part of him either
Jennifer-Ann

United States

#27 Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Mason wrote:
<quoted text>
Sky,I see you blaming Popcorn for all your problems. But what does it say about a woman who would sleep and have children by a man who is so terirble?
2 people created you, and 2 people handed you the cards you were dealt. Not just Popcorn.
Popcorn may be the sorriest man on earth...but who chose him to have kids by him?
I think you should leave her alone you do not know what you are talking about! Get all the facts then voice your opinion idiot!!!
Jennifer-Ann

United States

#28 Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Mason wrote:
<quoted text>
How does any woman know that her babby's father is going to turn into such a low life? They don't you never know what is going to happen. Popcorn did not have to choose to be such a low life dead beat dad!And that is were the blame should be......
say what

Lander, WY

#29 Jun 28, 2008
Ex-Mason wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have it all wrong...
Sky's mother was married to Popcorn...there for 2 had a right to make a baby...one decided not to go with the flow soon after she was born...
the blame lies with him, not her mother...her mother stayed the course...
I don't think Sky is blaming Popcorn for her problems, she's bringing him into light...
as Vikki and Jennifer Ann are doing also...
you "Ex-Mason" unfortunately are still in the dark about this man...
the blame is on all those who holds a common drunk as a hero, legion, whatever?...he is a dead beat dad...a filthy mouthed man...and a law breaker who thinks he is above the law...he gets what he deserves, if nothing else for dealing a bad hand to all of his children he helped to create...
why blame the children? married to him or not children are innocent, and does not deserve to be treated as if they are to blame...
AA DROPOUT

Lawrenceville, GA

#30 Jul 21, 2008
THIS IS ALL A CROCK (NOT OF SHINE EITHER). NO ONE HERE REALLY SEEMS TO CARE ABOUT THE FACTS. FIRST OFF, SHINE THAT IS PROPERLY MADE IS NO MORE
HARMFUL THAN ANY LIQUOR YOU BUY IN THE STORE. POPCORN'S IS EXCEPTIONAL. I PERSONALLY THINK THIS MAN MAY BE THE LOUIS PASTEUR OF ALCOHOLISM!
SECOND, MOONSHINING IS AN AMERICAN TRADITION. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE LITERATE, AND MADE IT PAST THIRD GRADE, REMEMBER THE BOSTON TEA PARTY? WHY SHOULD OUR CORRUPT GOVERNMENT HAVE A MONOPOLY? I LAUGH AT THE SHEEP WHO THINK THAT GETTING TAXED ON EVERY ITEM IS A FAIR PRACTICE. THERE ARE MANY COMMENTS ABOUT HIS LACK OF CHILD SUPPORT. I PERSONNALY THINK THAT IT IS A BLATANT LIE. I CANNOT IMAGINE ANY WOMAN THAT WOULD SLEEP WITH A MAN IN OVEWRALLS AND A BEARD TO HIS KNEES. HE LOOKS LIKE HE HASN'T HAD A BATH IN TEN YEARS. IF IT IS TRUE, THE KID IS BETTER OFF IN FOSTER CARE. WHY SLANDER HIS NAME THOUGH? INSTEAD OF THUMPING YOUR BIBLE AND BEING A HYPOCRITE, I AGREE TO LEAVE HIM ALONE AND LET HIM DO WHAT GOD PUT HIM HERE FOR! LONG LIVE MARVIN AND HIS FANTASTIC RECIPE. HIS ONLY MISTAKE: NOT PAYING OFF THE CORRUPT PIGS TO LOOK THE OTHER WAY. GUESS DOPE IS MORE FASHIONABLE AND MORE LUCRATIVE THESE DAYS. TONS OF PURE POISON ARE ILLEGALLY IMPORTED AND SOLD TO CHILDREN. THIS MAN HURT NO ONE. IF SOMEONE WANTS A DRINK, IT MAKES LITTLE DIFFERENCE IF THE LIQUOR IS TAXED OR NOT, EXCEPT TO THE GOVERNMENT. THEY NEED THIS MONEY TO SQUANDER ON POLICE ACTIONS, AND SUPPORTING THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, KEEPING THEM UP IN THE LIFESTYLE THEY DEMAND. AS FOR POSSESION OF FIREARMS WELL "DUH" THE MAN IS A MOONSHINER. IT KIND OF GOES WITH THE LIFESTYLE. BUST DOPE PUSHERS AND ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. LEAVE A LEGEND ALONE.
saywhat

Lander, WY

#31 Jul 25, 2008
AA DROPOUT wrote:
THIS IS ALL A CROCK (NOT OF SHINE EITHER). NO ONE HERE REALLY SEEMS TO CARE ABOUT THE FACTS. FIRST OFF, SHINE THAT IS PROPERLY MADE IS NO MORE
HARMFUL THAN ANY LIQUOR YOU BUY IN THE STORE. POPCORN'S IS EXCEPTIONAL. I PERSONALLY THINK THIS MAN MAY BE THE LOUIS PASTEUR OF ALCOHOLISM!
SECOND, MOONSHINING IS AN AMERICAN TRADITION. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE LITERATE, AND MADE IT PAST THIRD GRADE, REMEMBER THE BOSTON TEA PARTY? WHY SHOULD OUR CORRUPT GOVERNMENT HAVE A MONOPOLY? I LAUGH AT THE SHEEP WHO THINK THAT GETTING TAXED ON EVERY ITEM IS A FAIR PRACTICE. THERE ARE MANY COMMENTS ABOUT HIS LACK OF CHILD SUPPORT. I PERSONNALY THINK THAT IT IS A BLATANT LIE. I CANNOT IMAGINE ANY WOMAN THAT WOULD SLEEP WITH A MAN IN OVEWRALLS AND A BEARD TO HIS KNEES. HE LOOKS LIKE HE HASN'T HAD A BATH IN TEN YEARS. IF IT IS TRUE, THE KID IS BETTER OFF IN FOSTER CARE. WHY SLANDER HIS NAME THOUGH? INSTEAD OF THUMPING YOUR BIBLE AND BEING A HYPOCRITE, I AGREE TO LEAVE HIM ALONE AND LET HIM DO WHAT GOD PUT HIM HERE FOR! LONG LIVE MARVIN AND HIS FANTASTIC RECIPE. HIS ONLY MISTAKE: NOT PAYING OFF THE CORRUPT PIGS TO LOOK THE OTHER WAY. GUESS DOPE IS MORE FASHIONABLE AND MORE LUCRATIVE THESE DAYS. TONS OF PURE POISON ARE ILLEGALLY IMPORTED AND SOLD TO CHILDREN. THIS MAN HURT NO ONE. IF SOMEONE WANTS A DRINK, IT MAKES LITTLE DIFFERENCE IF THE LIQUOR IS TAXED OR NOT, EXCEPT TO THE GOVERNMENT. THEY NEED THIS MONEY TO SQUANDER ON POLICE ACTIONS, AND SUPPORTING THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, KEEPING THEM UP IN THE LIFESTYLE THEY DEMAND. AS FOR POSSESION OF FIREARMS WELL "DUH" THE MAN IS A MOONSHINER. IT KIND OF GOES WITH THE LIFESTYLE. BUST DOPE PUSHERS AND ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. LEAVE A LEGEND ALONE.
I seriously wonder if you made it to first grade?
yes, Popcorn has children that he doesn't bother to mention, but has admitted 4 of them to me...
since he hasn't had to pay taxes, he's not had to pay child support...
where do you get off saying he's never hurt anyone, ask his children if he's hurt them?
leave the drug dealers alone, if they are gonna over look moonshine making too, IT'S ALL ILLEGAL!
people has been poisoned and died from moonshine...the history of it tells of people being killed over it too...
not to mention the countless victims died from the effects from others drunken state, being murdered, drunk drivers, family violence, the list goes on and on...your the one that needs to get the fact straight...
just because Popcorn claims his is the best, doesn't make his exceptional, there are still moonshiners out there, there always will be, they just don't brag...
one more thing God does not put anyone here to make moonshine or drugs, to do harm to anyone, he put us here to do whats right...
if moonshine is considered a legion, then meth deserves that title there too!
Code3

Johnson City, TN

#32 Aug 5, 2008
What this all amounts to is this: If Popcorn would have kept his big mouth shut and not continuously rub it in the face of the Feds that he was making moonshine then he would never have been caught. The Feds do not go out on "patrol" for moonshiners anymore. Those days are long gone and for the most part a thing of the past. Although, I do agree with the previous post that "the law is the law and it should be equally enforced", liquor making is not as big a deal anymore as it once was. There is more serious crimes going on in this country that law enforcement has to deal with. However, if you plan to make illegal liquor don't run your big mouth to the whole country on national television and then publish a book about your illegal activies. If you plan to do this then plan on an unexpected visit from the Feds. If the Feds did not take action when somebody is basically laughing in their face because they are breaking the law, then what kind of law enforcement officers are they? Would we then call them cowards? Or maybe lazy cops? Or would we say that they are in "cahoots" with Popcorn? There would be others complaining because they didn't prosecute Popcorn. So, I believe Popcorn has gotten what he asked for and the Feds did exactly what they needed to do. He should have kept his big mouth shut. Now, what Popcorn needs to do is get back on national TV and laugh at the IRS because he didn't pay taxes on all of the liquor he sold over the years. That big dummy! What a big, big dummy!
Code3

Johnson City, TN

#33 Aug 5, 2008
I failed to mention that he should not be viewed as a famous outlaw or hero. He is somebody that John Boy and Billy (radio DJ's) would laugh at when telling their "worlds dumbest criminal" stories on the radio.
saywhat

Lander, WY

#34 Aug 6, 2008
Code3 wrote:
I failed to mention that he should not be viewed as a famous outlaw or hero. He is somebody that John Boy and Billy (radio DJ's) would laugh at when telling their "worlds dumbest criminal" stories on the radio.
I couldn't of said it any better!
I do hope the IRS step's in next, takes down some of the bills papered on his bathroom wall, since he claims "it's only likker money" and his children starts getting some back child support from it too...
Code3

Johnson City, TN

#35 Aug 7, 2008
Popcorn is obviously a repeat offender. I firmly believe in the "strike three, your out" law. I think the thug should be locked up for good.
Lawman

Fort Mill, SC

#36 Aug 8, 2008
Code3 wrote:
Popcorn is obviously a repeat offender. I firmly believe in the "strike three, your out" law. I think the thug should be locked up for good.
Having already made up your mind, why not come up to these hills and help clean out the "thugs" like Popcorn.Another keyboard commando.
anon

United States

#37 Aug 8, 2008
E-YO wrote:
The man is a moonshining bum. Lock him up.
Oh the STATE OF TN will get you for moonshining but not if you run puppy mills. What is up with that? Puppy millers do the same and hide and run and do not pay taxes.
When Is Tn going to recognize the extent of this problem?
wayne burgin

Chatsworth, GA

#38 Aug 26, 2008
E-YO wrote:
The man is a moonshining bum. Lock him up.
why not turn him loose and get some of these damn drug dealers off the streets they sell to our kids
wayne

Chatsworth, GA

#39 Aug 26, 2008
why not leave popcorn alone and give his spot to a drug dealer
wayne

Chatsworth, GA

#40 Aug 26, 2008
saywhat wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't of said it any better!
I do hope the IRS step's in next, takes down some of the bills papered on his bathroom wall, since he claims "it's only likker money" and his children starts getting some back child support from it too...
dont try to clean his house till yours is spotless hes made a livin by workin have you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tennessee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russian lawmaker says Moscow may lift ban on U.... Wed just a guy i knew 1
News NewsChannel 5.com - Nashville, Tennessee - DCS ... (Apr '08) Jan 18 Robin 191
Micheal Stewart Jan 17 Mattress monkey 1
Election Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Jan 17 james 8,698
Evolution is stupid Jan 14 Evolutionisalie 1
Why do Tennesseans smell bad? Jan 14 Tennesseesucks 1
News Suspect arrested in fatal shooting of mom at bi... Jan 13 Factoid 2
More from around the web