Same Sex Marriage Battle In Tennessee

Same Sex Marriage Battle In Tennessee

There are 4948 comments on the WDEF-TV Chattanooga story from Jun 7, 2006, titled Same Sex Marriage Battle In Tennessee. In it, WDEF-TV Chattanooga reports that:

Both sides both won and lost in the Gay Marriage debate over the last 24 hours. The issue is coming up on both the state and national levels.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDEF-TV Chattanooga.

nic

Tarboro, NC

#6240 Mar 12, 2007
it may take awhile for progress but why would their be regression.You act as if we in tn live in little shacks dont wear shoes and have no sense at all here.Just because we are different doesnt mean that either of us are wrong.I am proud to be a tennessean.And I am proud of my beliefs and morals and no matter how you attack them they will not change sorry.You make some good points but some is nonsense to.You say that heterosexuals will be outnumbered or that our opinions will be overriden.Well jus tcome down here where I live and knock heteros like you do and lets see how many people you convince.
Deb

AOL

#6241 Mar 12, 2007
rumple wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like I poked sopothetic one too many times with the stick....you're gonn be next there, HRC Deb.
Why Sir Rumple whyre yall gonna poke ME with the stick?
rumple

Pittsburgh, PA

#6242 Mar 12, 2007
nic wrote:
it may take awhile for progress but why would their be regression.You act as if we in tn live in little shacks dont wear shoes and have no sense at all here.Just because we are different doesnt mean that either of us are wrong.I am proud to be a tennessean.And I am proud of my beliefs and morals and no matter how you attack them they will not change sorry.You make some good points but some is nonsense to.You say that heterosexuals will be outnumbered or that our opinions will be overriden.Well jus tcome down here where I live and knock heteros like you do and lets see how many people you convince.
I didn't have a vision of a shack until you mentioned it and along with your spelling and grammar, you have convinced me of the toothless Tennesee toddler....thanks to you, I wil have this vision of you forever.
rumple

Pittsburgh, PA

#6243 Mar 12, 2007
Deb wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Sir Rumple whyre yall gonna poke ME with the stick?
Oh, no ma'am, HRC, no...I would never do that t'yall...I meant the troll's gonna be all over ya for stirring him all up like that. You know how mean and ornery he can get when we poke him good on Monday's .....gets all sweaty and red in the face...

nic

“You got to be kidding me”

Since: Mar 07

Telford,TN

#6244 Mar 12, 2007
what are the grammar police now well you should take a look in the mirror first and only correct yourself.If you worried about yourself half as much as you worry about what other people ar doing you would be flawless.Last time I checked all my teeth are in my mouth thanks.As for the shacks you know there is poverty here but no you dont actually try to help causes like that do you?Anyway you know I may not be as educated as you but critisizing me isnt gonna change my mind so lets try another way to try and piss me off ok because you still havnt presented me with anything other than calling me names.
rumple

Pittsburgh, PA

#6245 Mar 12, 2007
nic wrote:
what are the grammar police now well you should take a look in the mirror first and only correct yourself.If you worried about yourself half as much as you worry about what other people ar doing you would be flawless.Last time I checked all my teeth are in my mouth thanks.As for the shacks you know there is poverty here but no you dont actually try to help causes like that do you?Anyway you know I may not be as educated as you but critisizing me isnt gonna change my mind so lets try another way to try and piss me off ok because you still havnt presented me with anything other than calling me names.
I don't worry at all. If I knew that worrying solved anything, I'd then worry. I don't care if you are educated from Harvard or not. That has little to do with it. There are a whole slew of folks up here that run rings around me everyday with their schooling and their research and their intelligence. Many of these folks have spent their lives in institutes of higher learning, but where we are all equal is in civil rights. Unless that happens in your heart first, and you accept it, no amount of book learning is going to instill it in you.

Don't even bother talking to me about shacks and poverty and where my interests lie. You have no idea what I have been through, and what I have done for this or that cause, financially or with my heart/physically. That's what I mean by bigotry. I am not on this planet to change your mind and I sure ain't here to coddle the like of you or any other bigot, and frankly, whether you come from Hollywood or Poortown, USA, a bigot is a bigot.
Change you? Not-uh. Not me....YOU have to change YOU. When that happens, true change will have taken place in your heart and mind. Slapping you in the face won't. You have to do it. All I provide is the sharp stick.
Deb

AOL

#6246 Mar 13, 2007
rumple wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no ma'am, HRC, no...I would never do that t'yall...I meant the troll's gonna be all over ya for stirring him all up like that. You know how mean and ornery he can get when we poke him good on Monday's .....gets all sweaty and red in the face...
Now Sir Rumple Im right glad yall arent gonna poke me but I tell ya...just the thought of him all red & sweaty all over me gave me the shivers. blech.:-X

Since: Mar 07

Miami, FL

#6247 Mar 13, 2007
"What we have here is another case of our wonderful government trying to control our personal lives. I am completely against this idea, I feel that my personal life should be my own to govern. This is, however, very reminiscent of decisions made in the past by our government, only now it is affecting mainstream society. I seem to remember so many people being against Same Sex Marriage, and for the government making legislature to keep same sex marriage illegal. I am straight, but I was totally against the government being able to tell ANYONE how to live their personal lives. Now that this law would affect "Normal" people, you pay attention. Remember that next time. "

This was my response to the topic about creating longer waiting times for divorce. Again, just another instance of the government trying to control EVERYONE, not just GLBT individuals. For everyone out there against Same Sex Marriage, just keep on urging the government to control people and they will eventually try to control you as well!
Ginger Vytis

Hendersonville, TN

#6248 Mar 13, 2007
My queer sister has been annoying and obnoxious since revealing her "choice". I don't give a shlt what queers do, but there's no justification to legalize it. Moreover, I don't give a shlt that queers get all whiny, bitchy, and offended when someone calls being a queer IMMORAL... which I agree, it IS.
Lola from NC

Goldsboro, NC

#6251 Mar 14, 2007
Ginger Vytis wrote:
My queer sister has been annoying and obnoxious since revealing her "choice". I don't give a shlt what queers do, but there's no justification to legalize it. Moreover, I don't give a shlt that queers get all whiny, bitchy, and offended when someone calls being a queer IMMORAL... which I agree, it IS.
Gee, I find your post to be more whiny, bitchy and offensive than the fact that your sister is gay.

May she find peace far away from people like you.
nic

Tarboro, NC

#6253 Mar 14, 2007
yes rumple you are right I know nothing of the trials you have been through.Just like you know nothing of mine.... and why do I have to change I have MY OWN OPINIONS and they are mine not yours.Just because its different doesnt mean it is wrong.The sharp stick in which you prod doesnt interest me.You are as much a bigot as the people you condemm to the name.It is inpossible to talk to you about cival rights.We all have freedom of choice yes but that is just it we are free to choose not to accept.Whether you think it is right or wrong we still have that right.
Deb

AOL

#6255 Mar 14, 2007
It's a abomanation of GOD!!!!!!!! It's wrong!!!!!
Sodom and Gomorah

Longwood, FL

#6256 Mar 14, 2007
decision determines destiny
Sun Sentinel

AOL

#6257 Mar 14, 2007
nic wrote:
The sharp stick in which you prod doesnt interest me.You are as much a bigot as the people you condemm to the name.
Rumphole is infact the biggest bigot on Topix.net .
Sun Sentinel

AOL

#6258 Mar 14, 2007
nic wrote:
you know rumple I agree that cival rights should be for all.But and I mean but you cant just sit here on the computer and spout nonsense about a state yo know nothing about and dont live in you arent a cival rights activist like you would have people to think you r just someone who likes to push their ideas onto other people and you dont care that they have an opinion too.You are truly pathetic because you are a poser. I know several gay cival rights activists and even though I do not agree with the lifestyle none have treated people as badly as you do. You do nothing but hurt the cause for homosexuals.Wth people like you spouting nonsense no wonder so many heterosexuals dont want anything to do with homosexuals.Its people like you who make people homphobic.
Nic, you posting this solidifies for me something I've long suspected: That Rumphole is an agent provocateur. Meaning, a person who secretly disrupts a group's activities from within the group. Agents provocateurs typically represent the interests of another group.

I've noticed that the most hateful posts on this forum are by this Rumphole who, btw, insists he's not gay, which only futher casts doubt on his validity.

I've noticed that my own heart has turned very cold toward gay rights, and I can attribute that directly to Rumphole.

“Dream a little dream with me”

Since: Dec 06

Peoria, Arizona

#6259 Mar 15, 2007
Bill/Sopot/Jim/what ever other names he uses, is a known and established liar and deciever who is intentionally posting in order to increase the amount of anger and frustration towards Christians.

He is admittedly a virgin, is gay, has undergone an unethical treatment to force him into denial, has a twin sister who is two years older than he is, misrepresents statistical data, twists phrasing into all but incomprehensible statements that make literally no sense but "sound" good, accuses anyone who points out his errors of using information from a site when no one has, and, well, here, look for yourself:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/T75ETL6ES ...

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TKJVAS8AM ...

For over 6 months, they have used the same script.
linda

Cincinnati, OH

#6260 Mar 15, 2007
Sun Sentinel wrote:
<quoted text>
Nic, you posting this solidifies for me something I've long suspected: That Rumphole is an agent provocateur. Meaning, a person who secretly disrupts a group's activities from within the group. Agents provocateurs typically represent the interests of another group.
I've noticed that the most hateful posts on this forum are by this Rumphole who, btw, insists he's not gay, which only futher casts doubt on his validity.
I've noticed that my own heart has turned very cold toward gay rights, and I can attribute that directly to Rumphole.
You voted for Bush both times didn't you?
Deb

AOL

#6261 Mar 15, 2007
Deb wrote:
It's a abomanation of GOD!!!!!!!! It's wrong!!!!!
Nice try idiot. if yallre gonna talk southern yall need to learn it 1st.
MR PANCAKE

Fairfield, OH

#6262 Mar 15, 2007
I HEARD KENNY CHESNNEY WAS GAY.
Lola from NC

Goldsboro, NC

#6263 Mar 15, 2007
linda wrote:
<quoted text>
You voted for Bush both times didn't you?
LOL.....you can almost bet on it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tennessee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Century Link Customers 22 hr Inquiry 1
News Lesbian granted rights of 'husband' in same-sex... (May '17) Nov 17 Thinking Out Loud 28
News Hodges claims Miss Tennessee Soybean Festival t... Nov 16 Fact 2
News Congressman Under Fire For 'Outlaw Divorce' Rem... (Jul '06) Nov 10 Ex Senator Stillb... 118
News Public asked for help in TN abduction (Apr '11) Nov 7 Bud 21
News Abducted Tenn woman's lunchbox found (Apr '11) Nov 7 Bud 5
News Mae Beavers for Governor? Nov 7 Draconiasville 5
More from around the web