Rep. Larry Turner of Memphis Dead

Full story: WREG
Tennessee Rep. Larry Turner is dead at the age of 69. House Speaker Pro Tempore Lois DeBerry told The Associated Press she was informed by the Memphis Democrat's wife that he died Friday morning after a long battle with an unspecified illness. Full Story
Mary Gilliam

Memphis, TN

#1 Nov 27, 2009
I'm heart-torned to hear about the death of Mr.Turner.He was my ex-landlord a couple of years back on Carnes Street.My condolences goes to the entire Turner Family and May God Bless him as he Head on his Journey to such a Wonderful Place.
Hollye Shotwell

Shreveport, LA

#2 Nov 27, 2009
I am saddened to hear of Larry's untimely death. He still had a lot to offer the citizens of Memphis. In addition to being my representative, he and I shared high school and college graduation dates from the same schools. We shared many wonderful moments as colleagues. He will be missed. May God bless his memory and the Turner family.
Hollye Shotwell

Shreveport, LA

#3 Nov 27, 2009
I am saddened to hear of Larry's untimely death. He still had a lot to offer the citizens of Memphis. In addition to being my representative, he and I shared high school and college graduation dates from the same schools. We shared many wonderful moments as colleagues. He will be missed. May God bless his memory and the Turner family.

Memphis, TN
E Faye Rodgers- Forte

AOL

#4 Nov 27, 2009
This story is written about a great public servant and wonderful family man. I am his niece.
Your coverage is welcomed and much appreciated. However, there are two or more typos in this story that need your careful attention.
As a tribute to Representative Larry Turner, a man of great dignity and high standards, in all due respect please make the corrections as soon as possible.

Best Regards
E. Faye Rodgers-Forte

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tennessee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 7 hr Mechanic_45 1,449
The Lillelid murders: ten years later (Feb '07) Tue Roman 48
Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Dec 19 Crackerman 8,660
Congressman Under Fire For 'Outlaw Divorce' Rem... (Jul '06) Dec 17 Swedenforever 39
Bluegrass on 'It's a Harmony Road Christmas' th... Dec 16 Will Dockery 1
living in tri cities in east tenn Dec 16 irishsneakers 1
Tennessee governor proposes alternative plan to... Dec 15 BernadethLee 1
More from around the web