2nd Amendment rally in Blount County ...

2nd Amendment rally in Blount County brings out gun rights advocates

There are 2 comments on the WATE-TV Knoxville story from Feb 9, 2013, titled 2nd Amendment rally in Blount County brings out gun rights advocates. In it, WATE-TV Knoxville reports that:

The gun control debate continues to gain momentum across the country and here in East Tennessee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WATE-TV Knoxville.

Pete Lawson

Maryville, TN

#1 Feb 9, 2013
I was there, so were hundreds of other good law abiding citizens who care enough to show their genuine support of our 2nd Amendment Rights. This Rally was conducted in a very professional manner, alerting us supporters to not be a complacent bystander, allowing politicians to take away our rights as gun owners.

Many thanks to those organizers. We cannot stand by and allow this to happen. Contact your representatives and leave no question in their minds of your support of our 2nd Amendment Right.
Eagle Scout

Maryville, TN

#2 Feb 25, 2013
Just so I'm not dismissed as a liberal nut, let me assure you I own more than a few guns, love shooting, and am an Eagle Scout (not known for being left-wing). However, I also have two children, so I feel the need to present facts.(Again, these are facts! Try to google "gun deaths." These facts below are from TN.gov this morning.)
1) On average every day, 14 American children under the age of 20 are killed by guns.
2)(since) 1992, firearms surpassed motor vehicles as the number one cause of brain injury fatalities in the United States.
3) Nearly two-thirds of firearm-owning parents with school-age children believe they keep their firearm safely away from their children. However, one study found that when a gun was in the home, 75 percent to 80 percent of first- and second-graders knew where it was kept.
4) Few children under age 8 can reliably distinguish between real and toy guns or fully understand the consequences of their actions. Yet children as young as age 3 are strong enough to pull the trigger of many handguns.
>>>>> I don't want to give up guns to the gov't. I also don't want mass shootings in Knoxville or Maryville. There are no black helicopters...common sense gun measures will not lead to "roundin' up yer guns."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tennessee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 8 min Vet 85,342
News Congressman Under Fire For 'Outlaw Divorce' Rem... (Jul '06) 18 hr Traffickers 89
Stay right Southerners...Stay with who u are!!! Jul 15 Liberals suck 6
News Recent blockbusters confront Christian beliefs (May '06) Jul 14 ha ha 60
Atheist Nabbed In Tennessee (Sep '06) Jul 13 ORIGINAL WILLARD 3
Election Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Jul 13 Bayless 8,695
News Some East Tennessee communities still fighting ... Jul 13 anomimist 1
More from around the web