Department of Children's Services

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#195 Jan 22, 2012
I will be praying for all of you! DCS in TN is pathetic!!
Wanting to Help

Murfreesboro, TN

#196 Jan 26, 2012
Who is the caseworker on that list?
Mamie

Memphis, TN

#197 Feb 7, 2012
If you all could see what goes on behind the curtains you would be shocked. This is just a big business that depends on people's fear and their obedience to government agents. Many of the staff at my office are women. Not being racist of anythign, but just stating the facts, most of the case workers who bring children here are black women who have children out of wedlock. Many of them are single, unhealthy, obese, and don't have the lifestyle or means of the white, more successful executives in the state. They do what they are told and many are too afraid to speak up if things are wrong. Some of them are picked because they get the job done. They will keep a child form their biological father or grandparent and split up families so they will beconsiered "by the book" and tough and get the attention of the executive admins. These women usually get promotions but not to a level highter than team leader or coordinator. Many of these women just have a msw or sociology and will never be able to get a PhD or doctorate in any skill. They are paper pushers. You should see how they talk to and about some of the families. They work with the GALs and attorneys who all keep families going through the courts to get federal funding. That's all it is. I mean really, they had a family of 8 children removed from the mom who worked 2 jobs because the mom's MLGW was disconnected. DCS and TN coud've have justpaid the lady's past due balance of $654 and got her lights back on and helped her. This mom was hard-working and even got her associates degree. She just fell on hard times but DCS took her kids from her. All the kids are on the honor roll and extracurricular and now they are split up into 3 foster homes and off their teams and out of their good school. That's DCS for you. The judge approved it. The mom is not a drug addict or a criminal, just a woman who loves her kids and worked 2 jobs to provide for them.
DCS_Corruption

Memphis, TN

#198 Feb 7, 2012
Please follow me on twitter @DCS_Corruption

Tell your story. Get the word out. DCS in TN is corrupt and needs an overhaul.

Things have to be changed. Kathryn O'Day, TN DCS Commissioner is allowing families to be destroyed.

Find out the truth about TN DCS and affiliated agencies that process children for federal money.
mrsjoshseeber

Rock Hill, SC

#199 Feb 11, 2012
The truth wrote:
Sheila, I know this is an old post, but I am wondering if you are really from Union City? I have dealt with DCS workers in this area. We had a worker from the Dyersburg office but live in U.C. The stories I could tell. My daughter is now 21 , but I still have nightmares about those days. I hope things are ok for you and your child now. I know I felt so helpless and alone then. DCS needs to be stopped but people just look at you like you are crazy when you say that.
i dont mean to be nosey, but in but i think we all need to pull together somehow make sure no more children do not get taken ive heard ridiculous storie of kids being beaten all the time and dcs ignoring it but when they see a normal family normal kids they just wanna destroy it look up on youtube all of the parents who have hurt or even killed their kids but dcs was too late....sad world we live in.
n4nay

United States

#200 Mar 24, 2012
DCS looked at the charges my husband was facing: 3 charges of Domestic Assault, and one count of Aggrivated burglery, history of reports by therapists on abuse in the home. Then my 3 yr olds confession of being sexually abused by his half brother...They were not in a hurry to do anything to protect him. I had to arrange with a therapist to get a professional disclosure. Then they still sent him back even after his father made statements about how his 3 year old was lying. So now they have given him every oppertunity to bully a 3 yr old into not talking.
Coutnie G-S

Sevierville, TN

#201 Mar 27, 2012
My daughter is currently in foster care she is 4yrs. old 5 in april through dcs in blount county i made mistakes i admit but her father is no better than anybody else. I have done everything I have been told to do and I feel that they(DCS) have stayed more in contact with her father that is almost a stranger to her. I raised my babygirl from birth and have worked my butt off to get her back with me but I feel as if they possibly are trying to get her with her father and are trying to get her out of my care. She is the BIGGEST mommas girl you would ever see and I miss her so much and have cried so much over this whole situation I don't know what to do about this because the DCS worker is staying in contact with her dad more than me and it's killing me not knowing what's really going on and they will not tell me so what do I do? I can't just sit and just watch to see what happens I just wish there was something I could do to find out what DCS has up there sleeve because they called me today at the end of the month to tell me we have court in 16 days when it wasn't suppose to be until late May i'm so confused and don't know what to do i'm so afraid i am goin to lose my baby to her father that is a complete stranger to her. Any suggestions or answers please write me please help thanks so much if you read this.
mammaw

Kingston, TN

#202 Apr 15, 2012
DCS of jeeferson county has decided that my grandchildren should be given back to their father. This is someone who has been in and out of jail for meth and crack and other drugs and having a gun in his home while he is on probation for being a convicted felon. He is a con and he is useing the kids to draw off the state whatever he can and off the IRS but whomever his mother paid off up there at DCS and the court decided against what was best for these children and only what was best for themselves! The system is not working for the children because most of the people running it do not care about the children! Im not going to stop or shut up about this and I will make sure something is done right.
somebody is going to loose their job and hopefully serve time for this happening!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#203 Apr 16, 2012
Mammaw,
Start with the local representatives and go to Governor Haslam. Remember, THEY WILL HIRE ANYONE!!! Most of them are just like you and I. They do not require a degree or anything.
Yeah

Millington, TN

#204 May 31, 2012
Who is a good lawyer to take? Ghey said its just a meeting to come up with a plan. To be sure the child Is getting the medical care she needs. This is the Trenton tn office

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#205 May 31, 2012
I used Ricky A.W. Curtis in my town. Im in Bristol. I would google and see what you come up with. I would NOT go without one. It is called a Family Team Meeting. I went alone and got slaughtered by my x and his family. Do you have your kids or are they in custody?
Yeah

Hornsby, TN

#206 May 31, 2012
Yes. I have my kids. This was miscommunication from a hospital over a missed appointment they said it Is just a meeting for a plan of care for him. But I have to bring the child??
Zippy

Chatsworth, GA

#207 Jun 27, 2012
TesterTeam wrote:
Mammaw,
Start with the local representatives and go to Governor Haslam. Remember, THEY WILL HIRE ANYONE!!! Most of them are just like you and I. They do not require a degree or anything.
Where do you simple minded tvvats get your information? DCS case workers all have at least a Bachelor's degree. Many have Master's degrees and there are a few PhDs. If you're going to whine and bi*&* about something, at least try to get the facts right. To do less makes you look incredibly stupid.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#208 Jun 28, 2012
Zippy,
Why not check your facts. They do not have to have one. Might I also add. I know many idiots with degrees.
Zippy

Chatsworth, GA

#209 Jul 21, 2012
TesterTeam wrote:
Zippy,
Why not check your facts. They do not have to have one. Might I also add. I know many idiots with degrees.
Of course they do, you idiot. Someone like you, that was lucky to pass third grade would obviously have no idea. Sheesh, you are truly stupid.
jessica

United States

#210 Sep 6, 2012
Does any one know a good atteroney that will fight for me and my husband don't have a lot of money
Julie

Stanton, KY

#211 Sep 19, 2012
Believer wrote:
Great News! On Nov 8th a $10,000,000 Federal Law suit was filed against Anderson County DCS. It Names Pam Becker Julie Rotella and many others. I promise you this is just the first of several and a possible class action status. Daniel Forrester is a good attorney and does fight DCS. Also attorney Lanis Karnes is all over anderson county DCS. Check it out for yourself just google (Pethtel et al V. State of Tennessee Department of Children's services.)Anyone with problems in Anderson County with DCS should contact these attorneys. Just google the name and you can find them. I also meet with the new Gov. last night I am sure things are about to change. Please let you voice be heard call you Senator and Rep. call these attorneys. Let them fight DCS. Good luck and don't give up on our children.
I had a 14 yr say her dad slap her because we grounded her and went to school and told the school and the school look at her with in min of the so call abuse and they could not find a red mark on her even after taking her to the dr the report say no abuse and the social work Ms Wright even stated that her dad was not a danger and 4 errors in the paper work she file in court with what she call typo still to this day has there dad on a no contact with his girls. Ms wright had to be remove because she was threatening to me and my kids so long story short we have no attorney and dcs in roane county is abusing my kids and no one will stop it.
Sharon clark

Knoxville, TN

#212 Oct 16, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Anderson County DCS is ran by the same person in Roane County...they are worthless and always do the WRONG thing...which worker are you dealing with?
john norris at dcs very helpful ext 4551 he cares
Sharon clark

Knoxville, TN

#213 Oct 16, 2012
DCS_Corruption wrote:
Please follow me on twitter @DCS_Corruption
Tell your story. Get the word out. DCS in TN is corrupt and needs an overhaul.
Things have to be changed. Kathryn O'Day, TN DCS Commissioner is allowing families to be destroyed.
Find out the truth about TN DCS and affiliated agencies that process children for federal money.
sen stacey campfield is trying to help lnoxville contact him aqnd help change this hostage crisis
Sharon clark

Knoxville, TN

#214 Oct 16, 2012
TesterTeam wrote:
Mammaw,
Start with the local representatives and go to Governor Haslam. Remember, THEY WILL HIRE ANYONE!!! Most of them are just like you and I. They do not require a degree or anything.
Have talked even Haslams office Don Johnson.Asked for sit down with Day and was refused

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tennessee Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspect arrested in fatal shooting of mom at bi... Fri Factoid 2
News Petitions aim to stop bands from performing in ... Jan 6 Better World Girl 2
News Kenny Chesney Will Receive CMA Pinnacle... Dec 31 guest 3
News Hillary For Tennessee To Open Chattanooga Offic... Dec '16 Bayless 2
News Dollywood Foundation donating $1,000 a month to... Dec '16 Dr Wu 1
News Tenn. prison gets reprieve, will stay open thro... (Oct '09) Nov '16 jjp 46
News Congressman Under Fire For 'Outlaw Divorce' Rem... (Jul '06) Nov '16 Trudeau jr 102
More from around the web