Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) enrolls ...

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) enrolls under ACA, declines federal premium subsidy

There are 56 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 9, 2013, titled Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) enrolls under ACA, declines federal premium subsidy. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Sen. Lindsey Graham said he would sign up on the health care exchange in South Carolina but reject a subsidy: "I don't think Members of Congress should get a special deal."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Cat74

Roselle, IL

#46 Mar 26, 2014
There never was a line item veto, Moron. The Democrats wouldn't permit it. If it wasn't for Newt Gingrich there never would never have been a balanced budget. There won't be another on until the Republicans have the House, and Senate. Only after we encourage jobs, and working taxpayers, instead of tax revenue users can we dream of a balanced budget.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#47 Mar 26, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
There never was a line item veto, Moron. The Democrats wouldn't permit it. If it wasn't for Newt Gingrich there never would never have been a balanced budget. There won't be another on until the Republicans have the House, and Senate. Only after we encourage jobs, and working taxpayers, instead of tax revenue users can we dream of a balanced budget.
Hey you imbecile - I gave you the f'kin links, and proved it was in fact passed you imbecile!

My God, how stupid can you be?????

"Line Item Veto Act of 1996 - Judicial History
The day after passage, a group of Senators challenged the bill in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. U.S. District Judge Harry Jackson, a Reagan appointee, declared the law unconstitutional on 10 April 1997. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the senators did not have standing to sue.

President Clinton exercised the law's line item veto authority 82 times. Then the law was challenged in two separate lawsuits filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. Senators Byrd, Moynihan, Levin, and Hatfield maintained their opposition to the law through amicus curiæ briefs, as did Rep. Henry Waxman, Rep. David Skaggs and Rep. Louise Slaughter. "

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/presidenc1/a/l...

Do you ever feel embarrassed being made a fool of? You're always proven to be wrong. Don't you realize you really don't belong here where you know nothing about what you comment on?

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#48 Mar 26, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
There never was a line item veto, Moron. The Democrats wouldn't permit it. If it wasn't for Newt Gingrich there never would never have been a balanced budget. There won't be another on until the Republicans have the House, and Senate. Only after we encourage jobs, and working taxpayers, instead of tax revenue users can we dream of a balanced budget.
And you claim to be a private school teacher?

SMH - God forbid if you ever did actually teach.
Cat74

Roselle, IL

#49 Mar 26, 2014
That is not an official Government record. Show me an official Government record, not something from a liberal rabble sheet. I could make up my own facts for you too. Check what was left out.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#50 Mar 26, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
That is not an official Government record. Show me an official Government record, not something from a liberal rabble sheet. I could make up my own facts for you too. Check what was left out.
You're a fool. It is in fact what happened. Disprove the facts, or STFU already you moron!

Jeez!!!! Open the f'in link you idiot and read it yourself!

"Nearly a dozen presidents have sought the power to eliminate individual spending items from money bills approved by lawmakers. Now, the Republican-controlled Congress has given a modified line-item veto to a Democratic president, Bill Clinton. Signed last year, the new law authorizes the president to“ cancel” any spending item after signing a bill into law. Clinton and congressional supporters in both parties say the procedure will help control wasteful spending, especially the kind of “pork-barrel” expenditures that individual members of Congress like to bestow on their districts. Opponents say the law will have little fiscal impact, and that it infringes on Congress' constitutional power over federal spending. A legal challenge is before the Supreme Court, which should rule on the case soon."

http://photo.pds.org :5012/cqresearcher/document.ph p?id=cqresrre1997062000

I'm done schooling the ignorant fake wanna be private school teacher.

Now you REALLY should feel like the azzhole you are!

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#51 Mar 26, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
That is not an official Government record. Show me an official Government record, not something from a liberal rabble sheet. I could make up my own facts for you too. Check what was left out.
BTW you twit - you always DO make up your own facts.
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#52 Mar 27, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
That is not an official Government record. Show me an official Government record, not something from a liberal rabble sheet. I could make up my own facts for you too. Check what was left out.
You made up your own facts about President Obama violating the Constitution. We've all been waiting for 5 months for you to post those facts. Not some of your bullshit from one of your rabble sheets.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#53 Mar 27, 2014
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, Graham is another one of those
draft-dodging Republicans like George W. Bush, Dick Cheney
and Mitt Romney.
No Ann, going on a Mormon mission to Paris is
not the equivalent of fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan.
No George, serving in that "champagne" unit in the Texas
Air National Guard is not the same as going to Vietnam.
We understand Dick, you had "other priorities."
What scumbags.
The same Darth Cheyney that received 4 draft deferments, what a national hero..then he killed over 150k Iraqi civilians and Young americans in the military-a real good candidate VP a dsgrace military personnel in the Armed Forces
Cat74

New Lenox, IL

#54 Mar 27, 2014
When you make law, or change law without going through Congress, go to war without Congressional approval, or otherwise just conduct your Administration like a pompous ass you violate the Constitution, and commit impeachable offenses. How much time did the current Commander in Chief spend in the military? How about the Hillbilly &hore Hopper? I think the last Democrat to serve in the military was John F Kennedy.
Cat74

New Lenox, IL

#55 Mar 27, 2014
My Husband just told me President Carter was a Navy Officer, so he was the last Democrat to serve.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#56 Mar 27, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
When you make law, or change law without going through Congress, go to war without Congressional approval, or otherwise just conduct your Administration like a pompous ass you violate the Constitution, and commit impeachable offenses. How much time did the current Commander in Chief spend in the military? How about the Hillbilly &hore Hopper? I think the last Democrat to serve in the military was John F Kennedy.
"I think"?

Something you've never done you sorry excuse for a wanna be private school teacher.

Now your supposed husband had to tell you Carter served in the military?

LMFAO!!! Maybe HE should teach your classes in fantasyland you moron!

Come on Cnutnip74 - I've supplied the CR resolution passed by Congress for line item veto - see you're real quiet now, aren't you????

Pathetic - you here on a political; blog and don't have a clue Carter served in the Armed Forces. Get the f'k outta here already moron - you're outta your league here!
Cat74

New Lenox, IL

#57 Mar 27, 2014
Poor, poor Democrats. The knowledge they are facing another 2010 mid term has them completely deranged. They are nasty, and rude, and emotionally disturbed. Get help, Tony. You will be fine after Christmas!!! In the meantime Republicans, prepare to party.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#58 Mar 27, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Poor, poor Democrats. The knowledge they are facing another 2010 mid term has them completely deranged. They are nasty, and rude, and emotionally disturbed. Get help, Tony. You will be fine after Christmas!!! In the meantime Republicans, prepare to party.
Aww -what's wrong Cnutnip74 - can't argue the facts presented to you?

Again?

Figures.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#59 Apr 9, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
When you make law, or change law without going through Congress, go to war without Congressional approval, or otherwise just conduct your Administration like a pompous ass you violate the Constitution, and commit impeachable offenses. How much time did the current Commander in Chief spend in the military? How about the Hillbilly &hore Hopper? I think the last Democrat to serve in the military was John F Kennedy.
Talk to me in another 10 years when Rand Paul has a shot at the Executive branch..your still ranting about 2012...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#60 May 5, 2014
Graham called 'gay' by far-right log cabin members

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#61 May 26, 2014
Graham may be a yes on Kagan

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
s.c. dss a story that must be told!!!! (Jan '06) Aug 20 Wayne Johnson 853
DRUG DEALERS; Who are the Drug Dealers in South... (Jul '07) Aug 16 jerry 54
News 9 dead in S.C. shooting at historic black churc... (Jun '15) Aug 13 HERBERT D 336
News United Fined as 'Chairman's Flight' Snags Allie... Jul '16 louie H 1
News 84 dead, 202 hurt as truck hits Bastille Day cr... Jul '16 Jeff Brightone 1
News Thousands gather to mourn, honor 3 slain office... Jul '16 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
News NYPD commanders, businessman plead not guilty i... Jul '16 aylageorge 1
More from around the web