DSS and Child Support Enforcement
First Prev
of 24
Next Last

Orlando, FL

#470 Feb 11, 2008
Katie wrote:
I am 21 years of and I was with my daughters father for 4 years. He hit me, he cheated, etc...He hasn't seen his daughter in 9 months. He has completely disappeared, no one knows where he is, when he calls he calls from a private number so no one can call him back. He won't tell anyone where he is. I know he has a job and he has an apartment and a telephone but it doesn't seem like he is able to be found. At one point in time I did know where he was and I called DSS and gave them all the information, work number, SS#, the city where he was living, everything. Nothing was ever done. He escaped the system just like all the other deadbeats and I'm the one here with my 3 year old everyday taking care of her by myself with no help and she cries for her daddy everyday. What are we supposed to do?
I am a Private Investigator wanting help find dead beat dads..and moms. Have you made any progress?


#471 Apr 2, 2008
i had my son in laurens sc..2 weeks after he was born i moved back home to Norfolk va. when my son was 4 months i filed for child support. by the time my son was 2 we finally got the dna test, when he was 2 years and 4 months i got my first check. well my sons father who lives in greenville county sc has only seen out son 4 times. my son will be 6 years old in april. he seen him on labor day and didnt say 2 words to him. but the state of va see him as a fit parent becuase he does pay his 65 bucks a week. so i go and file a raise in child support and for medical back in nov of 2007. well his father put him on his medical volunteerly but a couple of days ago took him off and didnt inform me. so i have all these bills i have to pay. well today i find out the state of sc lost my paper work and i have to resubmit everything..my case worker sent it to south carolina 2 times already. so its going to take another 18 months before i can get a frikkin court date. they tell u up here that it can take up to 18 months to get one. well my son needs his adhd meds and will probably need to have surgery to get tubes in his ears perminatly. i ahvent heard from his father since labor day of last year all his phones are disconnected but hes still working becuase im still getting child support. i went and seen my lawyer today and they told me that becuase the child support went threw dcse that i would have to get it transfered back to regular court. so that means that va dont have no jurisdiction over him even though my case is up here the father lives there so i would have to go to sc to get anything done. im so over this crap...i just wish my sons father would sign his rights over so my husband can adopt him. did i mention that my hubby has been with my son ever since he was 10 months old. so my hubby is the only father he knows. what would u guys do?

Naples, FL

#477 Aug 20, 2008
I am originally from CT and gave birth to a son in CT where the child support order was established, then I moved to Atlanta, I kept the case in CT b/c the sperm donor was still there and via research in the GA child support system I would be waiting forever. Now that sperm donor has 4 or 5 other kids and has moved to SC. How is SC in enforcing interstate orders? I have my CT case worker sending info to SC. I also have a private investigator because it seems that he may be hiding assets in wife or mom and dad name...

Naples, FL

#478 Aug 20, 2008
Not sure how Orlando, FL came up as my location...S/b Atlanta GA

Little River, SC

#479 Jun 23, 2009
Alysia wrote:
I'm a happily married thirty year old who has two boys by a deadbeat man!! He calls to ask how there doing maybe every other week. My new husband has stepped up to the plate ans helps me provide a good life for them. For the first time I have decided to file child support on there father.(kids 11 & 4) I went through DSS and paid my $25.00 to file, this was in April 2005. He was finally served in August, and because we weren;t married, he requested a paternity test! I feel it was just a stall tactic. It is now Jan 2006 and I finally got my test results and A court date Feb 1 2006, because we live in different counties, they are making me take the hour & 1/2 drive to his family court. Why do we have to go to them, shouldn't they have to come to us???? Another way of making me pay for it. And forget about calling them to get info, they make you feel like krap!!! Like I'm bothering them!!! They should be mad at all these deadbeat Parents and show some respect for the single parents out here trying to make it!
Im so sorry to hear about your situation.I can relate, but in my case I have come into a situation where there is a deadbeat mom. The father has custody. He has filed an appeal through the courts, but Its sad that we make a home for the kids, and she just gets her visitations and life is grand for her.

Little River, SC

#480 Jun 23, 2009
We are trying to find out what she is doing and hows shes living if she claims to not be working. Everything she has semms to be in someone elses name. Thats quite strange to me. She states she is a nurse. When you put her info in the system to get any info about her she does not exist.

Columbia, SC

#481 Jul 28, 2009
I have been trying to get child support for my 3 children from Anderson county family court for 9 months now. Because he is not working they dont make him pay, they also just reduced his support to $50 a month. This is crazy! He will never work now if thats all he has to pay. They blame me cause Im 3 hrs away and cant get there or afford an attorney. Someone really needs to look into Anderson County and do something!

United States

#482 Mar 9, 2010
Well my case is that I'm the father to a beautiful little girl... When she was born I took the time from school and was there to pick her up from daycare everyday after I left work... Her mom was really never there but physically... I took the break from school for 2 and a half years to be able to see her crawl and walk and talk.. The works... Now that she is 3 me and her mom seperated and now she has me in court for child support... I have been there fir my daughter since birth... I'm from another country and seriously contemplating going back there as sc laws as I relates to child custody is retarded... I asked for joint custody based on the fact that we both had the child even though I spent most of the physical time with her as her mom worked as well as I did... She is my little princess and I just don't wan to be missig fr her life at all... My daughter misse me and I her... What cN I do if I only get visitation which willammount to be 6 days per month or every other week...can a judge tell me how that is in the best interest of our daughter... When I'm fighting to be present in her life... How...

Newnan, GA

#483 May 8, 2011
You wanna talk about dead beats? A dead beat is someone so desperate not to take care of their own children that they refuse to have a job so they don't have to pay a measly $10.00 or less a month in child support . How damn cheap do you have to be for that?!? Really. They must seriously hate their children. If its because they hate the other parent then they need to kick themselves off a cliff. You don't allow your feelings toward the other parent to let the child suffer. That's just idiotic. Those are from the states that go by income. The ones who are paying way more that they can afford, I do not consider dead beats because they are at least caring for their kids. Custodial parents can be dead beats just as much as the non custodial
Teddy Sanders

Geneva, NY

#484 Nov 12, 2012
mom of 2 support 4 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Was I asking for money when I was getting screwed? How ignorant are you? Read my blog, I don't get child support, my son's father owes him that, not me. I work a damn good job and do a damn good job of taking care of MY kids.When I did get child support I made sure all of the money went to my son, bought clothes and whatever else he needed. Now I don't get child support and he still is FLY!!!! If I want to take MY money and go and get my hair and nails done, I will because I work for a living!!!!
I agree, if you work you should do what you want with your money. My kids mom sits on Dss doesnt work any where and expects money I buy the school clothes school supplies,summer clothes christmas gifts and everything else they need.child support shouldnt be ordered it should be a responsibility readily provided by the parents,but If I am responsible for 70% of my childrens healthcare ...fine but who is paying the other 30%....not her because she doesnt work no where, so taxpayers are paying that inluding myself because I work so I pay the 70% and the 30%...while the only support she provides is sitting there looking at the kids, if thats the case they can come live with me.why cant she get a job and work and take me through the state for support my kids are not babies the youngest is 6. i refuse to give my money to dss and they are not even giving it to my kids because she sits on her lazy ass and lives off the system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 24
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Website for your Business Sat Joy 1
News South Carolina's 5th District: The Forgotten Sp... Jun 23 lol 13
s.c. dss a story that must be told!!!! (Jan '06) Jun 22 catphalen 911
George E, Norcross and brother Congressman Norc... Jun 17 Pastor 1
Post and Courier Hates Trump Supporters Jun 11 Truth 1
DRUG DEALERS; Who are the Drug Dealers in South... (Jul '07) Jun 9 T mac33 57
News U.S. warns it may pull out of U.N. human rights... Jun 6 UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 3
More from around the web