Lindsey Graham's vote on Elena Kagan ensures primary challenge

Full story: Washington Post - The Fix

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham 's announcement that he will vote in favor of Elena Kagan 's nomination to the Supreme Court is likely to further incite conservatives already unhappy with him and, according to close observers of the state's politics, ensures he will face a serious primary challenge in 2014.
Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Jul 2, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stealth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Judged:

Lindsey Graham will most likely go down in his next election for many of his votes. This vote being one of many!
obskeptic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Judged:

Vote this traitor out. I am sick of taking knives in the back from the likes of him, Susan Collins, and Olympia Snow. It looks like Scott Brown is one of them as well. The Supreme's are supposed to uphold the constitution, not work to dismantle it. Kagan should be disqualified because she is from Harvard. No one from Harvard or Yale should be permitted anywhere near our government.

“Your Own Peace Prize Inside”

Since: Mar 07

Hyannis, Mass

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

RINO !!!!
Get rid of him.

“Liberal and proud of it.”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Judged:

What a bunch of partisan hacks and sore losers the Republicans have turned out to be. You can't make one move out of lockstep or you will be called a traitor and attacked as if you were one.

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

If Graham were still in the military, he'd have been found guilty of sedition.
Chylloh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

I guess the Republicans have not seen the light yet.

Lindsey Graham is not a Republican. I can see him as the snitch who runs between the White House and the Repubs. transferring to Obama what the repubs. are up to or have said about Obama, since he is so sensitive to words.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Judged:

too droll to troll wrote:
If Graham were still in the military, he'd have been found guilty of sedition.
Because he voted to confirm a Supreme Court nominee? You guys are nuts!

If a Democratic senator were being attacked like this you would be crying Partisanship! all over the place. Hypocrites.
Abolish The Fed

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Judged:

Jen Hussein wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he voted to confirm a Supreme Court nominee? You guys are nuts!
If a Democratic senator were being attacked like this you would be crying Partisanship! all over the place. Hypocrites.
He is not a conservative, and he believes in man made global warming, which means he needs his head checked as well.
Abolish The Fed

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Jen Hussein wrote:
What a bunch of partisan hacks and sore losers the Republicans have turned out to be. You can't make one move out of lockstep or you will be called a traitor and attacked as if you were one.
You believe in "eliminating" speech like Elena Kagan does?
Politically Incorrect

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham = TURNCOAT!
DeeDee2Die4

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

"No one from Harvard or Yale should be permitted anywhere near our government."
Both Bushs went to Yale, W. also went to Harvard. The black/white - hot/cold world that many live in is sad, but the anti-educated rants are just plain dangerous. Guess these are OK with Palin's depth from being a 2 year college drop-out.
I am more concerned that Clarence Thomas doesn't recuse himself from Monsanto case .... He was their lawyer. So many morons jump on the corporate side to feel 'conservative'- All as they slash their own throats.

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not a conservative, and he believes in man made global warming, which means he needs his head checked as well.
Ha! Guess all the libs are excited now that we're gonna have a big bull-dyke lesbo on the Supreme Court! How touching.
Abolish The Fed

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Guess all the libs are excited now that we're gonna have a big bull-dyke lesbo on the Supreme Court! How touching.
I like your handle "ImRight", im going to change mine to "Imdone" with these piece of garbage traitors in government.

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your handle "ImRight", im going to change mine to "Imdone" with these piece of garbage traitors in government.
Thanks, and I didn't come up with 'cause I think I'm correct all the time; it's meant to say that I'm conservative and not a looney leftwinger! And I like "ImDone" too; I agree with you.
Conservaturds

Lihue, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Another win for Obama! Another loss for the obstructionist Republicans! Thank you Lindsey graham for your support of this well-qualified nominee.

Looks like independents are backing drifting toward the party of winners (Democrats) and away from the party of whiners (Republicans):

Poll: Voters Prefer Generic Democrats Over Republicans
Jaywon Choe
CBS News

According to a Gallup poll released yesterday, Democrats have taken a six point lead over Republicans in generic ballot preference for the upcoming midterm elections.

The poll, conducted last week, shows that voters prefer Democrats over Republicans by a 49 to 43 percent margin -- the first statistically significant lead for the party since Gallup began tracking the trends weekly in March. Prior to yesterday's poll, support had been leaning in favor of Republicans, who held a four-point or higher lead in three of the polls.

According to a statement by Gallup, the finding is attributable largely to a shift in the preference of independents. While Democratic and Republican support for their own parties remained steady, independent support for Democrats increased five points, from 34 percent to 39 percent.

It is unclear what the cause of this shift was, but one possibility could be the passage of the mammoth financial reform bill last week. A recent CBS News poll indicated that 59 percent of independents said they supported increased government regulation of banks and financial institutions.
marydu

Chongqing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Whyyyyyyyyyy so many people are interested in an i-nterracial relations-hip. black woman want to date white man and black guys want to have relationship with white women. There are many sites focusing on this kind of relationships such as "" E u A g e M a t c h . C ? M"" recommend it here, check it now!! Meet single, black and white men O N "" E u A g e M a t c h . C ? M"" that is the top one club for mixed love.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like the vast majority of all scientists all around the world, right? And... way to change the subject.

You're persecuting the man for a vote he made out of lockstep with the party of NOOoooo. Now, I am no fan of Lindsey Graham, because he's no friend to the liberals. But you are out of your mind.
obskeptic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

Judged:

Conservaturds wrote:
Another win for Obama! Another loss for the obstructionist Republicans! Thank you Lindsey graham for your support of this well-qualified nominee.
Looks like independents are backing drifting toward the party of winners (Democrats) and away from the party of whiners (Republicans):
Poll: Voters Prefer Generic Democrats Over Republicans
Jaywon Choe
CBS News
According to a Gallup poll released yesterday, Democrats have taken a six point lead over Republicans in generic ballot preference for the upcoming midterm elections.
The poll, conducted last week, shows that voters prefer Democrats over Republicans by a 49 to 43 percent margin -- the first statistically significant lead for the party since Gallup began tracking the trends weekly in March. Prior to yesterday's poll, support had been leaning in favor of Republicans, who held a four-point or higher lead in three of the polls.
According to a statement by Gallup, the finding is attributable largely to a shift in the preference of independents. While Democratic and Republican support for their own parties remained steady, independent support for Democrats increased five points, from 34 percent to 39 percent.
It is unclear what the cause of this shift was, but one possibility could be the passage of the mammoth financial reform bill last week. A recent CBS News poll indicated that 59 percent of independents said they supported increased government regulation of banks and financial institutions.
Is that why his popularity is still declining, even amongst his own? You better hope the republicans win the house and senate back so you can blame them for the economic disaster that is soon to come. If your people keep it, there will be nobody but yourselves to blame, since Bush will be a fading memory compared to the incompetent leadership we are witness to today. Why do you hate America so much?
Conservaturds

Lihue, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why his popularity is still declining, even amongst his own? You better hope the republicans win the house and senate back so you can blame them for the economic disaster that is soon to come. If your people keep it, there will be nobody but yourselves to blame, since Bush will be a fading memory compared to the incompetent leadership we are witness to today. Why do you hate America so much?
Incorrect. The popularity of Obama and his fellow Democrats are rising! As more and more Americans stop buying the bullcrap that the Republicans and their media arms are selling, they begin to see that Democrats have been working to help average Americans while Republicans have only been concerned with obstructionism and their wealthy campaign donors. The moratorium on regulations, the repeal of Obamacare, the repeal of financial reform, and the extension of the Bush tax cuts isn't something that benefits the majority of Americans. Independents see that and are drifting our way. They see the hypocrisy of denying the unemployed a 34 billion dollar extension while pressing for $700 billion+++ worth of tax cuts for the rich.
Why do you hate America so much as to continue to propogate the lies being spun by Rove, Armey, & Murdoch? We've seen the evidence of how the Republicans carefully manipulate video footage to manufacture news in order to discredit a person (Shirley Sherrod)or an organization (ACORN) with the aim of scoring political points. Are you so gullible as to be sucked in like the other Fox news sheepie by the video editing of conservative blogger Breitbart which conveniently shows up on Fox news as 'Breaking News'? Fortunately for America, many are beginning to realize this manipulation of the media in addition to Republican obstructionism, hypocrisy and inaction. That epiphany is now being reflected in the polls!
obskeptic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

Conservaturds wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. The popularity of Obama and his fellow Democrats are rising! As more and more Americans stop buying the bullcrap that the Republicans and their media arms are selling, they begin to see that Democrats have been working to help average Americans while Republicans have only been concerned with obstructionism and their wealthy campaign donors. The moratorium on regulations, the repeal of Obamacare, the repeal of financial reform, and the extension of the Bush tax cuts isn't something that benefits the majority of Americans. Independents see that and are drifting our way. They see the hypocrisy of denying the unemployed a 34 billion dollar extension while pressing for $700 billion+++ worth of tax cuts for the rich.
Why do you hate America so much as to continue to propogate the lies being spun by Rove, Armey, & Murdoch? We've seen the evidence of how the Republicans carefully manipulate video footage to manufacture news in order to discredit a person (Shirley Sherrod)or an organization (ACORN) with the aim of scoring political points. Are you so gullible as to be sucked in like the other Fox news sheepie by the video editing of conservative blogger Breitbart which conveniently shows up on Fox news as 'Breaking News'? Fortunately for America, many are beginning to realize this manipulation of the media in addition to Republican obstructionism, hypocrisy and inaction. That epiphany is now being reflected in the polls!
Keep projecting name caller. we will see where the mood of the country is in November. I will wait till then to see who is correct, because until then we are both just offering up our own version of the facts. Since neither of us have any credibility with the other, I will leave the name calling to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••