North Carolina and South Carolina to become Single State in 201...

The governors of North Carolina and South Carolina met in a McDonalds in Rock Hill today to sign an agreement that would combine the resources and municipal infrastructure of both states to form a single ... Read more
Curious

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#22 Apr 1, 2008
Good One!!1
Curious

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#23 Apr 1, 2008
Stating the obvious wrote:
OK, now how is it that this APRIL FOOL'S story can be pretty much free of errors (though I don't know what in the he77 that third paragraph is trying to say), but the REAL news looks like it was written by an elementary school student?
ARE you smarter than a fifth grader, WLTX?
You have the audacity to critique this story! After reading your response, I have to ask...are you smarter than a 1st grader? I apologize if this ruffles your feathers, I just felt the need to "State the Obvious". April Fools
Huh

United States

#24 Apr 1, 2008
lol! thats hilarious!
Mark

United States

#25 Apr 1, 2008
Nice try. Saw that one coming from the first sentence.
Curious

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#26 Apr 1, 2008
CJJ wrote:
THIS WAS STUPID!!!!!!!!!!
You must have fell for this!
tony the tiger

Columbia, SC

#27 Apr 1, 2008
are you serious?
no way,,this would ever happen.........
they were together long,long time ago....
thats why we have 2states today......
i guess,,its just anohter way to waste up some more tax money..........
DEJ

Rhodhiss, NC

#28 Apr 1, 2008
I just wanted to say that I thought this was a great hoax for April Fool's Day. You had me going until the part where the government was going to rename it "South Virginia." When I read that I knew something was wrong. Great Job WLTX. I enjoyed the laugh.
april fooled

Raleigh, NC

#29 Apr 1, 2008
Ha! Ha! Good one.
anoymous

Orangeburg, SC

#30 Apr 1, 2008
i new it wasnt true
Need to loose my teef

Myrtle Beach, SC

#31 Apr 1, 2008
I was wondering where North Carolina was. I can't wait to be a South Virginian. My sister will be happy too.
Peace Maker

Columbus, OH

#32 Apr 1, 2008
You have to Have a sense of humor. I was cuzzin something krazy. That's the best one in a while.
AsItIs

Sumter, SC

#33 Apr 1, 2008
Haha! Good One! The whole time reading this I'm saying "South Virginia?" to myself and it just would'nt sound right. Whew!
merzi

United States

#34 Apr 1, 2008
Ya got me, LOL!! Nicely written. My mouth was hanging open, wondering how this all happened and I missed it <chuckle>. Great job!
Carolina Girl

Framingham, MA

#35 Apr 1, 2008
This was a good one, you all had me for a second. I was thinking has this country gone mad crazy.
tsl

Columbia, SC

#36 Apr 1, 2008
I was believing it up until the McDonald's part too!
jdm

Columbia, SC

#37 Apr 1, 2008
Who approved this posting?
Victoria

AOL

#38 Apr 1, 2008
You all really got me this April Fools. When I first read this I was like what!!!!!
Amootry

Sheridan, AR

#39 Apr 1, 2008
I'll be damned! No way will this EVER happen. I am a Gamecock and that ain't changin' for no North Cacalacky or Virginni.
mimirunzz

United States

#40 Apr 1, 2008
You got me! Really had me going. Good one.
ALICE

Sheridan, AR

#42 Apr 1, 2008
I can't believe this. Where would the state capitol be located? Tell me something. I don't think this is going to work out. Stanford and that NC Governor need to talk about the housing problems, food and gas crisis. Here come the pigs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton deleted all mail from personal server 44 min icthelite 38
s.c. dss a story that must be told!!!! (Jan '06) 22 hr alice 789
Attorney that will take on DSS Mar 25 Casandra 1
News SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Mar 24 swedenforever 1,167
need h Mar 24 htown 1
News Webb quietly meeting Dems looking for Clinton a... Mar 20 El Guapo 1
Todd Kincannon Mar 9 Sickened 1
More from around the web