North Carolina and South Carolina to become Single State in 201...

Full story: WLTX Columbia

The governors of North Carolina and South Carolina met in a McDonalds in Rock Hill today to sign an agreement that would combine the resources and municipal infrastructure of both states to form a single ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 145 Comments Last updated Feb 4, 2014
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
BackHome

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Apr 1, 2008

Will USC and UNC merge?(I couldn't handle this).
okay

East Orange, NJ

#3 Apr 1, 2008
YOU Got me!
Gibbo

Asheville, NC

#4 Apr 1, 2008
BackHome wrote:
Will USC and UNC merge?(I couldn't handle this).
Is that because u r a gamecock or a tar heel?
Willie D

Columbia, SC

#5 Apr 1, 2008
This is without a doubt the corniest and most pathetic april fools article i have ever read in my life.

“Preggo again! ”

Since: Jan 08

Back in Columbia

#6 Apr 1, 2008
Oh I get it. This is an April Fools little joke. I dont think that could happen. they met in a McDonalds. Okay....
Trudge

Swansea, SC

#7 Apr 1, 2008
I thought this was a pretty good April Fool's joke. The problem is they announced it way too soon. This should have hit the web first. Couldn't you see a reporter from WIS or some other station questioning Sanford? HILARIOUS!!
Tom

Columbia, SC

#8 Apr 1, 2008
Might not be a bad idea!
Holey Schnikeys

Allendale, SC

#9 Apr 1, 2008
That would be Mad Max, Beyond Thunderdome and not Highlander for the "two men enter, one man leaves" analogy.
Candi Swihart

Greenville, SC

#10 Apr 1, 2008
SOOOOOOOOO wrong.
But I am so relieved it was only a joke. The marital laws are pretty wack in NC. I knew it had to be a hoax when "Mad Max Beyond the Thunderdome-ish" movie was mentioned. GREAT JOB WRITER
lifzwhtumkit

Columbia, SC

#11 Apr 1, 2008
LOLOLOLOOLOLOL........ THEY GOT ME GOOD!!!!
This was sooooooo funny!
Lynn

Chattanooga, TN

#12 Apr 1, 2008
This was hilarious!
It had several of my co-workers completely fooled. I was worried when the story said that the two met a McDonalds for a round table dicussion.
Lula

Columbia, SC

#13 Apr 1, 2008
I was shocked at the headlines because I had heard no mention of this. Then I was really beginning to consider the benefits of a dual state, until your April Fool's prank at the end of the story. I enjoyed it.
Kim

Columbia, SC

#14 Apr 1, 2008
OK, SO YOU GOT ME!!! FIRST ONE TO GET ME TODAY!!!!
Dianne

Sumter, SC

#15 Apr 1, 2008
Pretty funny
Studious Stewie

Columbia, SC

#16 Apr 1, 2008
I knew that was an April Fools prank as soon as I read the headline. It was entertaining, however, and brought a smile to my face. Thanks.
CJJ

Lexington, SC

#17 Apr 1, 2008
THIS WAS STUPID!!!!!!!!!!
Miss Niki

Columbia, SC

#18 Apr 1, 2008
I knew something wasn't right about this article when I saw the govenor's meeting at McDonalds and to top things off.....SOUTH VIRGINIA!!! LOL. Thanks for the laugh
Maggie Livingston

Lexington, SC

#19 Apr 1, 2008
That is just wrong.
Tomfoolery

Columbia, SC

#20 Apr 1, 2008
Had to be an April Fools joke. I'd hate for NC to be able to claim our pristine beaches.
PPLEASSE

West Columbia, SC

#21 Apr 1, 2008
nunya23 wrote:
Oh I get it. This is an April Fools little joke. I dont think that could happen. they met in a McDonalds. Okay....
Exactly! If they had not meet at McDonald I might would have fallen for it(the joke).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ku Klux Klan hands out candy in South Carolina 1 hr squeezers 143
SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Sun GOLDSTONE REPORT 1,149
Perry says GOP Congress is key to solving problems Aug 28 fyi 4
Rabbi Shmuley Boteach: Tiger's Courageous Confe... (Feb '10) Aug 26 boteach banksters 2
DRUG DEALERS; Who are the Drug Dealers in South... (Jul '07) Aug 25 Kuku 45
HistoryMakers oral history archive more than ha... Aug 22 paddyomalley 1
Perry Drops 'Vulture Capitalism' from Speech (Jan '12) Aug 18 Swedenforever 13
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

South Carolina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••