Myrtle Beach ranked 7th-most dangerou...

Myrtle Beach ranked 7th-most dangerous metro area in U.S.

There are 36 comments on the Charleston City Paper story from Feb 5, 2013, titled Myrtle Beach ranked 7th-most dangerous metro area in U.S.. In it, Charleston City Paper reports that:

According to new rankings released by CQ Press, Myrtle Beach is the seventh-most dangerous metropolitan area in the United States.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston City Paper.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#25 Apr 27, 2014
you ROCK tammy!!
ON THE LEVEL

Miami, FL

#26 Apr 27, 2014
who should do what?

http://vimeo.com/63749370
Dynamo Dora Tue

New York, NY

#27 Apr 27, 2014
Wow, really interesting and informative video. Thanks for that.
Visitor

Derry, PA

#28 Apr 30, 2014
So the crime is bad, how's the pot ?
True words

Sayreville, NJ

#29 May 2, 2014
tom wrote:
It all started with black bike week. Now blacks have taking over mb.
Mb used to be a fun and safe family friendly place. Mb took out all the history , the pavilion, go cart tracks.. air force base..ect. Then mb put up all those high dollar hotels and a ugle Ferris wheel. So let the black's have the place . The mb I grew up knowing is dead and all is left sewer for blacks. Welcolme to the jungle!!!
We use to love going down Myrtle Beach during Memorial Day, not now, It is like a jungle.. I don't care what state u go to, most blacks act the same, They spend more money on cars, clothes than their homes. When their down there they don't spend NO money, that's why a lot of restaurants close down that week.
MURDER BEACH

Phoenix, AZ

#30 May 11, 2014
I will never again spend my money in that toxic seedy cesspool of corruption.
NOT ANOTHER DIME TILL THE END OF TIME.

Now that it has become over run with criminals, drug addicts, low classless hoodlums and is run by corrupt self centered professional career criminal politicians I will no longer support any thing or anyone inside the God forsaken seedy city of MURDER BEACH.

Things have gotten so bad that now the Shambers of Commerce must spend millions of dollars to try and trick stupid uninformed people to come here and even that is failing.
The Murder Beach Mafia does not care about our safety or quality of life, they just want our money.
The corruption at the top flows down hill in the SEEDY CESSPOOL.
look around

Morristown, TN

#31 May 11, 2014
MURDER BEACH wrote:
I will never again spend my money in that toxic seedy cesspool of corruption.
Now that it has become over run with criminals, drug addicts, low classless hoodlums and is run by corrupt self centered professional career criminal politicians I will no longer support any thing or anyone inside the God forsaken seedy city of MURDER BEACH.
Things have gotten so bad that now the Shambers of Commerce must spend millions of dollars to try and trick stupid uninformed people to come here and even that is failing.
The Murder Beach Mafia does not care about our safety or quality of life, they just want our money.
The corruption at the top flows down hill in the SEEDY CESSPOOL.
Its the same no matter where you go. The world continues to get worse.
Dynamo Hum and Dora too

Little River, SC

#32 May 11, 2014
look around wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the same no matter where you go. We are all gay. The world continues to get worse.
So another words in your opinion we should simply keep re-electing the same corrupt political leadership and should except that these so called leaders stealing the money that could be used to change all this. You think we should just except the corruption and just get used to it.

Let me guess, you voted for Obama, right?
A NEW TYPE BIKE MONTH

Little River, SC

#33 May 14, 2014
Just a few years ago we heard all those little old slow minded pickled brained drunken GREYHEM GREMLINS all talking trash about driving the bikers away.

Where did all those nasty big mouth Greyhem Gremlins go. Now they are not even allowed to put tents on their own beaches. Too funny.
I call that Karma.

Surly they did not all die or go back to where they came from so I am going to assume that they simply got tired of running their big fat mouths.

Could it be that their slow little minds finally figured out that they need the tourist to keep the economy going and keep crime down.

Too late Grandpa because the economy is now in the toilet, the jobs are already lost the locals are out of work and out of drugs and now they are reaping havoc all over the Grand Strand. Violent crime rates have tripled.

Funny how the bikers are still here only now none of them want to spend any money inside the seedy city limits. Now all the tourist realize that the town does not appreciate them. The town wanted them to go away.
The tourist where offended by the towns words and their actions.
No one wants to spend money where they are not welcome.
I will not spend money in Murder Beach.

The little old pickled brained Gremlins tried to drive the bikers away but all they ended up driving away was the money and the towns reputation.

Now the Shambers of Commerce is taxing everyone to try and bring in extra money to try and make up for the gross mismanagement of the loser prancing politicians.

The word has spread and now people show up and spend as little money as possible.

It is a new type of tourism.

Looks like Little man Rhodes and the Shambers of Commerce SELECTIVE TOURISM has proven to be a failure, just like they are.

BIKE MONTH FOR THE CHEAP SKATE PEOPLE.
AINT LIFE GREAT.
KARMA BABY.
FUMB
look around

Morristown, TN

#34 May 14, 2014
Dynamo Hum and Dora too wrote:
<quoted text>So another words in your opinion we should simply keep re-electing the same corrupt political leadership and should except that these so called leaders stealing the money that could be used to change all this. You think we should just except the corruption and just get used to it.
Let me guess, you voted for Obama, right?
Don't put words in my mouth. No. We should not keep reelecting the same losers. I'm just saying Myrtle Beach is not the only place over run with crime. And FYI I did NOT vote Obama
A NEW TYPE of TOURIST

Miami, FL

#35 May 14, 2014
A NEW TYPE OF MYRTLE BEACH.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/25520309/myrlte...

Oh look, it seems as if the local Zionist controlled media is saying some of the same things that many of us have been saying for a while now.

Many of us have said that the so called FAILED SELECTIVE TOURISM plans instituted by the clown council and the little mayor have only served to destroy the flavor of the town and the towns reputation. Selective tourism has driven away many tourist that used to enjoy spending money in a fun safe tourist friendly town. Coming Myrtle Beach used to be a family tradition for many but many people no longer like the place.

Mayor John Rhodes, congressman Tommy Ricecrispy man, the clown council and the Murder Beach Shambers of commerce change all that when they illegally and unconstitutionally tried to control who could and who could not vacation in Murder Beach. Their Hannis actions sparked a huge 4 year boycott that crippled the town. Businesses failed, jobs where lost and the crime rate went through the roof.

How Ironic that Rice was then elected as a congressman and Rhodes now gets paid at least three times as much as anyone before him.
Destroy a town and get rewarded for it. How pathetic is that.

Now the fact is that a lot of good people will never again come back to this area to vacation. A long standing family tradition has been broken by backwards thinking criminals.

Those that do come here for vacation are not the same.
Those that come now, spend very little money.

The town is no longer considered to be a fun safe family friendly beach.
The town simply is not the same.

Family's do not want to vacation with drug addicts, prostitutes and criminals.

The town admits that it needs twice as many police as they have but claims that it simply does not have the money.

Funny how at election there a lots of white envelopes filled with money from unknown secret Donors and yet there is not enough money to properly run the town.

The down town section and blvd has changed. It is not nearly as fun or safe as it was back in 2008.

This is all due to poor leadership and gross mismanagement of the town assets.

Even know the so called leadership now realizes that they where wrong and that the town still needs tourism to run the town they still have not apologized for their actions.

So far the town has taken no responsibility for its recent poor decisions and still has not made any attempt to make amends for the actions taken against certain unsuspecting tourist or things said to the tourist that where mistreated and driven away.

Ironically the town now has a new tourism tax where they make everyone pay an additional penny tax which goes to a non-government private business organization and is not accountable to the citizens them selves supposedly to offset the damage done by the poor leadership and the BOYCOTT.

The biggest problem is that the tourist that are now tricked into coming here may not return once they see what a cheap nasty commercialized tourist trap the place has become. Once they see how scummy the down town area and the blvd really is they may not return, unless they are used to such toxic behaviors that can now be witnessed on the blvd during the summer, in the seedy city of Murder Beach.
The good responsible family people will not want to subject their families to the new crime and new behaviors that are now present in the all NEW MURDER BEACH.

Out with the old and in with the new.
A NEW TYPE of TOURIST

Little River, SC

#36 May 14, 2014
Many people say that the town wanted to find a way to get run off the colored bikers and that they had to end both bike weeks to try and make that happen.

Yet all the motorcycles are still here and never left.
The only thing the so called leadership drove away was the money and the good decent families that used to come here.

How in the world could such a Selective tourism plan ever work?

How in the world can anyone justify such discrimination against any groups?

Selective Tourism is nothing more than a localized form of tyranny and communism combined.

Everyone that was apart of trying to impose these forms of selective tourism should realize that their actions where not only racist and discriminatory but where also illegal and immoral.

These criminal should go to jail.

In the end their actions not only violated the civil rights of many, but they also cost thousand of people their way of life.

Businesses failed, jobs where lost, the towns reputation was destroyed and the crime rates have tripled.
How many victims of these crimes have been damaged for life.

All this due to greed, drunkenness and ego along with good old fashioned overreaching abuse of power.

STILL NO APOLOGIES.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...

Any body see the hypocrisy or double standards?

"If you don't like it, then you can leave." that is what the towns Little Mayor said to the citizens just before imposing his out of control SELECTIVE TOURISM SYSTEM that failed and caused the worse BOYCOTT in the towns history.

How is Rhodes any different or any better than Donald Sterling?
Jeb Flexman

Myrtle Beach, SC

#37 May 25, 2014
Visitor wrote:
So the crime is bad, how's the pot ?
It's really not that bad. Crime rates actually decreased across America over the last ten years. And what's up with all the racism from both parties? We just need to accept all of our brothers and sisters. Oh and it's pretty killer.
FACTS

Bedminster, NJ

#38 May 25, 2014
Jeb Flexman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really not that bad. Crime rates actually decreased across America over the last ten years. And what's up with all the racism from both parties? We just need to accept all of our brothers and sisters. Oh and it's pretty killer.

It's not racism, It's plain facts!! The blacks are just as racist as white people. The truth is, the blacks create the way their perceived in the eyes of others. Invite some more gangs in your town and continue to condone this type of behavior from them. Like someone stated before, if you want to act like animal expect to be treated as such. This black bike week does nothing for Myrtle Beach, except ruins its reputation and creates bad publicity.
SC is for criminals

Gainesville, VA

#39 May 26, 2014
Black Bike Week is four days out of the year. You dumb rednecks are totally retarded to think that is how Myrtle Beach got its ranking. Your white friends are the bulk of the crime the other 361 days of the year.
Mike

Wesley Chapel, FL

#40 May 27, 2014
These North American Pavement Apes really know how to screw up a good thing.

savages ....nothing but filthy savages

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Susan J Inabinett Is Evil 5 hr Five Words 3
News Weird 15 mins ago 8:22 p.m.Babysitter jailed af... May 21 Fundie Fatwazz Aroma 3
News Former SC Gov. Sanford engaged to ex-mistress (Aug '12) May 17 Edinboro College ... 14
News Lenoir's Store: A Trip Back in Time (May '08) May 3 william lenoir 7
News 9 dead in S.C. shooting at historic black churc... (Jun '15) Apr 29 Reported 331
News Mississippi, Tennessee debate future of Confede... (Jun '15) Apr 24 Truth 19
News SC corrections dept. identifies inmates in rap ... (May '14) Apr 23 Kimkin 2
More from around the web