s.c. dss a story that must be told!!!!
ProudMotherOf3

United States

#680 Jun 26, 2013
A week ago DSS came to my my mothers home (also where I live) and said they received a call that my husband takes pill, my 6 year old is left alone to tend to her two younger siblings and that my children are in a unsafe environment. After coming inside and speaking with me they said I have nothing to worry about that they can't see where I am a unfit mother. I never received any phone call back from Lori Hairing stating that the case had been closed like she promised me. Today I get a call from Lori Hairing that she needs more information from me and will stop back by... What more could she want from me? She seen all 3 of my children, seen the home I am living, even spoke to my mother...
It was my oldest daughters father and his wife that called DSS on me. The three of us just had a major fued and only a few days later DSS showed up.. I explained the whole situation of what was going on and why they called DSS. I wish they would just leave me and my children alone. I'm so nervous!
Florence county
Leslie

Paola, KS

#681 Jun 26, 2013
ProudMotherOf3 wrote:
A week ago DSS came to my my mothers home (also where I live) and said they received a call that my husband takes pill, my 6 year old is left alone to tend to her two younger siblings and that my children are in a unsafe environment. After coming inside and speaking with me they said I have nothing to worry about that they can't see where I am a unfit mother. I never received any phone call back from Lori Hairing stating that the case had been closed like she promised me. Today I get a call from Lori Hairing that she needs more information from me and will stop back by... What more could she want from me? She seen all 3 of my children, seen the home I am living, even spoke to my mother...
It was my oldest daughters father and his wife that called DSS on me. The three of us just had a major fued and only a few days later DSS showed up.. I explained the whole situation of what was going on and why they called DSS. I wish they would just leave me and my children alone. I'm so nervous!
Florence county
If I understood you correctly you are saying that someone filed an allegation against you with SCDSS and now SCDSS is investigating that complaint. That makes you a suspect and you should not talk to anyone in DSS without an attorney present. Meanwhile you need to start a record of the date, time and whom you have spoken to at DSS and look at the DSS handbook which is online. It gives you the time frame they are suppose to work within during an investigation.

I witnessed SCDSS proceed with a case against a family member EVEN though 4 days into the investigation SCDSS had primary sources telling them the person making the allegations was a liar and DSS was given proof of those lies. They continued on with the case in spite of two criminal investigations- one local, one state- which found no evidence of child abuse done by the accused. Sadly, SCDSS marched on for 9 months with this charade and then dropped the case one hour before the court hearing where the accused was ready to testify. Meanwhile the child in question, under the care of his Mother and a being visited monthly by a DSS caseworker failed the school year. See, even under the watchful eye of SCDSS children fall through the cracks.
Jeff

Chesapeake, OH

#684 Jul 10, 2013
It is time for dss reform period.
alley galloway

United States

#686 Jul 14, 2013
I livein sc I'm 17 my sons father is 18 my son is 9 months an bwen labeled failure to thrive hr has cistic fibrosis and when he was born he was in the hospital for a while dss got invoved because the doctorsaid that we cldnt take care of him an we were young so they put him in foster care but how they do that the doctor or nurses never showed us how to take care of him and now recently the doctors have all wrote statements saying we dnt do nothing at doctors visits but we do the doctors r lying an we can't do nothing abt it help me!!
HELPStacey

Georgetown, SC

#687 Jul 15, 2013
My name is Stacey, I really need help. If what has happened to me and mine gets any worse. Im contacting media. My number is 8u4u3u2u5u4u9u43u3...This is considered a high profile case...and witth a smaller situation. Both I had not a part in except human error. PLEASE HELP!!Please this is very serious, my children are the ones in need, no smammers, legit people only. Please no rubberneckers!!!! I will not supply you with any knowledge unless I deem that you are who you say you are. My kids are at stake. NO room for any more error in this turmoil!!
Brittany K wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA.... too funny and the sadest part is it is too true. Youre right, it is all politics... how can we can continue to keep the well off well off and the poor poor... and in the meantime, whose kids do they take? not the well off...lol... that would be too much like actually doing their jobs... too many allegations are permitted to be made... but they do not provide substantial evidence that the allegations are true... instead, someone makes a claim, they come ready to charge in, take over, and make their demands... without once considering the rights of the families and their members who are affected by it, they are not held accountable when the child is lost or killed while in their care, but OMG dont raise your voice in an arguement with your husband...lol it could be detrimental to your child if you do... AND DEATH IS NOT DETRIMENTAL... RAPE IS NOT? HAVE THESE PPL LOST THEIR MINDS? Yes they have... and in the process tell you that you have no rights..... TAKE THEM BACK SOUTH CAROLINIANS.... MAKE THEM FIGHT TO PROVE YOUR GUILT... anyone needing info, can contact me, I am a paralegal, i work independtly so i dont charge much, and i provide the same level of info..... THE PARENTS OF THIS STATE NEED TO UNITE AND PETITION FOR STRICTER RULES AND EVIDENDITARY PROCEDURES TO BE PLACED ON DSS AND TO ENSURE THEY ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE WHEN THEY FAIL, AND THAT THEY HOLD PERSONS FOUND MAKING FALSE STATEMENTS ACCOUNTABLE AS WELL.... EVERY CHILD IN THIS STATE IS NOT ABUSED, NEGLECTED OR MOLESTED, AND IF THEY FOCUSED MORE ON THOSE THAT WERE.... MORE CHILDREN IN REAL NEED WOULD BE SAVED... STAND SOUTH CAROLINA AND MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD... PETITION YOUR CONGRESSMEN FOR CHANGE, PETITION YOUR SENATORS... 1,000 SIGNATURES GETS IT HEARD BEFORE THE ENTIRE CONGRESS OR SENATE... LETS GIT-R-DONE PEOPLE, LETS TAKE BACK WHAT IS OURS.... OUR CHILDREN... THEIR LIVES AND WELL BEING ARE IN OUR HANDS IF WE MAKE THE CHOICE TO RISE AND STAND TOGETHER...
adoptive parent

United States

#688 Jul 16, 2013
[Stacey, my best advice is retain an attorney some how. I have a unique case. DSS was doing whatever they pleased with nothing on me personally, it was the person my son was with at the time. But I found a lawyer and he is great and I struggle to pay him but he stopped them in the harassment and relaxed laws that allow them to missuse the legal system to hurt innocent children. There are children that need the help of dss I support that fully but I do not support the misuse of the program. people who cannot afford good legal help are stuck in the cracks of the system and our government who we pay taxes to stands by and allows this misuse to happen. I believe because we cannot correct a broken system. I don't know if there is anything I can tell you to help. this forum is more a less a sounding board for the mistreated like myself and others and I appreciate that. best of luck to you. you are welcome to respond and If there is anything I can do I will call you.
Rogue

Shelby, NC

#689 Jul 22, 2013

I shot this video because this is the dss worker who told me i'm so insane and dangerous that i need to be "supervised" during my visits. Family friends can attest this went on for more than 9 months http://www.youtube.com/watch...

This is the rutherford county dss worker who stated that my children have "suffered abominable abuses at my hands for years. Everyone who knows me or my children knows this is a lie. This is the dss worker who has told me time and time again NOT to tell the judge or make reports when my children are telling me literally right in front of her that they are being beaten on and abused and they r scared and then DENEYING it in court where it counts. https://www.facebook.com/lloiann.byers

his socail worker has a CRIMINAL RECORD in knoxville Tenn. where he went to colledge .... rutherford county dss worker.... https://www.facebook.com/adam.myslinski/photo...
Rogue

Shelby, NC

#690 Jul 25, 2013
I shot this video because this is the dss worker who told me i'm so insane and dangerous that i need to be "supervised" during my visits. Family friends can attest this went on for more than 9 months
SCMA

Moncks Corner, SC

#691 Aug 1, 2013
I've read most of the post on here. My heart goes out to all of you. I have had to deal with DSS over and over. Each time they gave my kids back. But this last time gave me a heart attack. This time it was my grandchild! I've been through hell and back for them and will any day. I thought this was going to be the end of me. I have raised this child since she/he was born. I can not say either a boy or girl since it was just done. I can't take a chance!! I hope you understand. The mother is a drug addict no father to be found. So we have done everything for the child since they were born. The mother would come take the child any time she pleased to tried to do her best with the child. Over and over again I would have to take the child back. When all this began I said I had enough fighting to keep her safe was impossible. I had no legal right to keep them from the mother. Only moral rights, this was it. I could only pray. DSS brought charges against me! Wow, the only one who tried to protect this child and I get charged with abuse and neglect. I was stun by it all. Here I fought to keep a child safe from all harm and I'm charged! They took my grandchild from me. Said some ugly things and begin to check things out. To find out it wasn't me who lefted them with strangers, didn't feed them,didn't cloth them,didn't make sure the child heard and seen thing they shouldn't have,didn't make sure they went to school everyday and get an award for being there everyday to get straight A's. But yet I was the one who was charged!! It made me sick to almost my death. Going to court making me feel I was a sick and ugly person they made me out to be. Doing everything they wanted and even some they didn't say to. I did it, took classes on my own. The bad thing about all this was my grandchild's mind. Their mental state was scared they wouldn't be with their family every again. I know I have written allot about what happen to me. But my grandchild is different now. I feel they have abandonment issues more than anything else. They are afraid to go to Sunday school by themselves. I have to be there all the time no matter what or they cry. Yes, DSS dropped the charges against me and the courts gave me custody of my grandchildren. I'm not mad at them cause of what they put me through but what they have done to my grandchildren. They say they protect the child from parents but who protect the children from them???? Every child I have seen over the years that has anything to do with DSS has a mental problem.((Not being mean about the child!!)) I believe that they need to look at the problem try to fix it without taking the child away from where they are. Unless there is prof with out a doubt of Abuse. Not hear say but physical prof. I believe it's worst on a child to take them away from their family then leaving them with them. If the child says so called hurt me, make sure that you ask everyone who knows the child. Don't go by only what is said. Do your job and investigate first before taking a child. Ask if the child tells stories ask if the teachers if they see a differences in the child. Ask the neighbors if they see bruising or a mental state of the child. Don't take only one person's word. This destroys families in more ways than one. But most of all it destroys the little minds of children. It makes me scared if my grandchild will every be over being taking way from us. This shouldn't happen to any family. Unless there is no doubt of Abuse and Neglect. Check your facts first. I'm sure it's hard being a DSS worker but stop,ask,look,listen to everyone in that case. Don't over look anything in that case. Don't be in a hurry cause you have other cases. Get your facts. Stop destroying families......I will keep you all in my prays...Ma
PROF

Sumter, SC

#692 Aug 13, 2013
Michelle wrote:
Dss should be held responsible I'm an attorney and I haven't heard of this story but I assure you I'm gona investigate and locate the victims and I will help them build a case against scdss.
I really need help. I have a 3 year old that we are trying to get temporary custody of. The caseworker is saying that the court order is taking time to process. In the mean time the parent has not completed any of the manadtory drug or parenting classes ordered almost a year ago. She is still basically homeless and on drugs, yet they feel that is not a need for removal, oh and the medical neglect that the doctor stated, yet Greenville DSS does not consider neglect.
Can you give me any advice?
Sarah String

Columbia, SC

#693 Aug 20, 2013
Marranda wrote:
Sometimes i think to my self why does CPS mess with people like me that takes care of there children and is a very good mother to the best of my knowledge. There are parents out there that do drugs infrount of their children sell drugs and do worse things that i cant ever think of doing to my children. Then CPS wants to take aways children from a girl like me that does nothing but take care of her children and nit pick at me and beacuse i grew up in CPS my hole life i dont knopw how to take care of a child!!! To me thats wrong i know people right now that go out and party and do drugs and pawn thier children off and dont even care!!! Why do they take my little girl away from me when all i do is be the best mother that i know how to!!! please someone tell me that how it is fair that they can do that!!!!!
Clarification that you must know: It is not because you grew up in a CPS home at all. CPS abuses any parents they want, especially good ones. It has everything to do with their need for quotas, your income, and their dead conscience. People who grew up in excellent homes, with education in child development get their kids taken, if they are not rich. They look for people to feed their need. Those that don't have money to fight back, they accuse and accuse, so they can use it for retaliation to break the parent down. The accusations are the food they use to keep you bound to them. They know what they are doing. Until a person is chased by DSS, no one knows about the corruption. Everyone on the outside believes they must be professionals. I am so so so very sorry. I am sure you are a good mom.
GABRIELLE TUCKER

Spartanburg, SC

#694 Aug 24, 2013
I AM A TEEN WHO HAS BEEN IN DSS SINCE I WAS 12 YEARS OLD. I CAN SAY DSS HAS BROUGHT ME MORE HARM SINCE IVE BEEN IN CARE THEN I WAS RECIEVING AT HOME. 2007 THEY CAME & GOT ME & MY BROTHER CHRIS FROM OUR HOME FOR TRUENCY. THEY HAD NO REASON TO TAKE MY OTHER SIBLINGS BUT EVENTUALLY A MONTH OR TWO LATER THEY DID. DSS IS HORRIBLE & ANDERSON COUNTY DSS IS THE WORSE PLACE TO HAVE A CASEWORKER FROM IN SOUTH CAROLINA THEYRE HATEFUL & RUDE & DO NOT ANSWER THE KIDS PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS OR ANYTHING. THEY DO NOT OFFER THINGS AFTER CARE UNLESS U KNOW ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITIES THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO PROVIDE & THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO KEEP U WELL INFORMED OF ALL DSS MATTERS WITH YOUR CASE & DO NOT. I HAVE SIGNED MYSELF OUT OF DSS CUSTODY BEFORE BUT HOWEVER DSS DID NOT HELP ME WITH ANYTHING SO I SIGNED BACK IN. I KNOW THAT MY MOTHER DID NOTHING TO DESERVE HER KIDS TOOKEN AWAY FROM HER. ONE OF MY YOUNGER BROTHERS RAHEEM WAS IN A FOSTER HOME WITH MYT BROTHER MICHEAL & SISTER KIRSTEN WHILE HE WAS IN THIS FOSTER HOME HE DROWNED TO DEATH WHEN THE IRRESPONSIBLE FOSTER PARENTS WERE NOT WATCHING HIM, & LEFT HIM OUTSIDE. HE WAS TWO YEARS OLD. IM SURE IF YOU ALL LIVE IN SC NEAR GREENVILLE OR ANDERSON YOU HEARD IT ON THE NEWS. BACK IN 2010 DEC A LITTLE BOY DROWNED IN A POND, THAT WAS MY LITTLE BROTHER RAHEEM ANDREW LEE TUCKER. DSS IS STUPID & IRRESPONSIBLE. I THINK THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA DSS OFFICES ALL NEED TO GO TO HELL, THEY CAUSE MORE HARM THAN ANYTHING.
unknow

Piedmont, SC

#695 Sep 2, 2013
I don't get how ppl call DSS and know for a fact the kids r lock in there room with no food water r a bathroom no dipper change and drugs r being use in the same room with then and when the dad has them the mom calls the law the law let them go back and dad can't do anything to keep safe the cops said dads have no rite if that r not marred
renee poole

Irmo, SC

#696 Sep 8, 2013
my life has been destroyesd my niece is in our care. she is my brothers child .he passed away a year again and the mother as well as men raped her for 3 and a half years nothing was done to her or the others she is only 4 calls us her mom and dad dss hasmade a life a living hell and tok r m us sept 5 2013 for abuse and neg statin I lied on a phic test first off how do you lie to she was loved and cared for and have every paper showing she goes to the drs for everything dss stated they made apt and I never followed through they are nothing but liers I need someone to help fight an sue them please help
Mr Mom for 12 yrs of 3

North Charleston, SC

#697 Sep 8, 2013
I have been a single father of three for twelve years. On April 11 2013 Charleston County DSS and Sheriff's department kidnapped my three children. Over a lie my son told his girl friend in order to get back a ring he stole. This is a catastrophe and an outrage. I can not believe South Carolina is contingent with the statement of the Child does not lie. I guess that means the parents are the liars in every case. I can not believe this has been allowed to be done legally. I have taken this all the way up as far as it is possible to go. Governor Haley has never called me back, or answered any of my emails concerning this matter.
adoptive parent

United States

#698 Sep 9, 2013
YOU ARE CORRECT IN THE FACT THAT THE CPS DIVISION OF DSS IS NOT TRAINED TO PROTECT THE PARENT ONLY THE CHILD. AS THEY SHOULD BE PER THERE JOB DISCRIPTION. THE SHAME IS THAT CHILDERN DO LIE AND THERE IS NOT EFFORT TO HELP THE ADULTS IN THIS SITUATION. THE STATE IS VERY LAX ON THE METHODS THEY USE TO BRING ABOUT A GOOD OUTCOME FOR ALL INVOLVED. OUR WORLD IS NO LONGER THE SAME AND THE CHILDERN HAVE BEEN TOLD IN SCHOOL FOR YEARS TO CALL DSS OR TO LET THE TEACHER KNOW IF YOU ARE BEING ABUSED. THIS WAS A GREAT THING EXCEPT THEY HAVE BECOME TO POWERFUL AND WITH THE POWER THEY HAS CHOSEN TO HURT NOT ONLY MANY CHILDERN BUT ALSO PARENTS. LETS LOOK DEEPER INTO THE SITUATION BEFORE TEARING A FAMILY APART. IF AN OLDER CHILD DOES NOT WANT TO BE THERE LET THE STATE REMOVE HIM AND SEE HOW HE DOES SOMEWHERE ELSE. I WILL GUESS HE WILL NOT FIND THE LOVE AND HOMELIFE HE HAD A HOME. GOD BLESS YOU WITH YOUR STRUGGLES. I HAVE ENDURED MY OWN WITH THE CPS UNIT. THE FOSTER CARE SIDE OF DSS HAVE BE WONDERFUL AND ALWAYS HELPFUL , GOOD LUCK
Mr Mom for 12 yrs of 3 wrote:
I have been a single father of three for twelve years. On April 11 2013 Charleston County DSS and Sheriff's department kidnapped my three children. Over a lie my son told his girl friend in order to get back a ring he stole. This is a catastrophe and an outrage. I can not believe South Carolina is contingent with the statement of the Child does not lie. I guess that means the parents are the liars in every case. I can not believe this has been allowed to be done legally. I have taken this all the way up as far as it is possible to go. Governor Haley has never called me back, or answered any of my emails concerning this matter.
DSS

Paola, KS

#699 Sep 10, 2013
Mr Mom for 12 yrs of 3 wrote:
The Gov does not deal with citizens involved in DSS cases. That is to "icky" for her. When I wrote Gov Haley in April the reply came from the assistant to the State DSS director. This gives Gov Haley political coverage because she can say "I had no idea." The State DSS director also does not deal with citizens. At best, Pam Rice in constituent services can open a call tag and get some communication rolling between you and the county DSS office.

As a man, the accusation of hurting a child IS the sentence no matter how much proof you have to confirm your innocence. SC Family Court has a dome that protects women and children and it's very hard for men to bust through to be heard. South Carolina DSS is a system that is out of control and unchecked but until a news agency does a deep dive to daylight the DSS flaws and failures the abuse and failures will continue.
Brian

Mount Pleasant, SC

#700 Sep 19, 2013
Long story, but I've had a multitude of problems from DSS, including the solicitor conspiring to tamper with a witness, and Rheba DeWitt threatening to remove our child "for the fun of it", even though she had no authority to do so. I can't even get my records out of that office. At first, Enid Jenkins said they had to be reviewed by an attorney(why does the government need an attorney to review the actions of it's own agents? In whose interest is that, the governments or the peoples)? Now they just flat out refuse to release them to me. Their hiding the fact that the solicitors office used DSS as leverage to get my wife to write false statements against me.

I'm asking for Federal help in dealing with Berkeley County. It seems that these people don't quite understand that, yes, in fact, the law, and Bill of Rights does apply to them. I've appealed to the Governor, local representative, the FBI in Columbia, the state off of Constituent Services for DSS (who told me that yes, in fact Berkeley county did act illegally and inappropriately, but that the state doesn't have the resources to investigate!).

Please look at and sign this petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/ord...

Let's get as many people as we can, cause this state needs Federal oversight. It's proven it's not capable of governing itself properly.
DSS wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gov does not deal with citizens involved in DSS cases. That is to "icky" for her. When I wrote Gov Haley in April the reply came from the assistant to the State DSS director. This gives Gov Haley political coverage because she can say "I had no idea." The State DSS director also does not deal with citizens. At best, Pam Rice in constituent services can open a call tag and get some communication rolling between you and the county DSS office.
As a man, the accusation of hurting a child IS the sentence no matter how much proof you have to confirm your innocence. SC Family Court has a dome that protects women and children and it's very hard for men to bust through to be heard. South Carolina DSS is a system that is out of control and unchecked but until a news agency does a deep dive to daylight the DSS flaws and failures the abuse and failures will continue.
Brian

Mount Pleasant, SC

#701 Sep 19, 2013
https://www.facebook.com/truthinSC
Brian wrote:
Long story, but I've had a multitude of problems from DSS, including the solicitor conspiring to tamper with a witness, and Rheba DeWitt threatening to remove our child "for the fun of it", even though she had no authority to do so. I can't even get my records out of that office. At first, Enid Jenkins said they had to be reviewed by an attorney(why does the government need an attorney to review the actions of it's own agents? In whose interest is that, the governments or the peoples)? Now they just flat out refuse to release them to me. Their hiding the fact that the solicitors office used DSS as leverage to get my wife to write false statements against me.
I'm asking for Federal help in dealing with Berkeley County. It seems that these people don't quite understand that, yes, in fact, the law, and Bill of Rights does apply to them. I've appealed to the Governor, local representative, the FBI in Columbia, the state off of Constituent Services for DSS (who told me that yes, in fact Berkeley county did act illegally and inappropriately, but that the state doesn't have the resources to investigate!).
Please look at and sign this petition:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/ord...
Let's get as many people as we can, cause this state needs Federal oversight. It's proven it's not capable of governing itself properly.
<quoted text>
beenthere

Conway, SC

#702 Sep 22, 2013
unknow wrote:
I don't get how ppl call DSS and know for a fact the kids r lock in there room with no food water r a bathroom no dipper change and drugs r being use in the same room with then and when the dad has them the mom calls the law the law let them go back and dad can't do anything to keep safe the cops said dads have no rite if that r not marred
I have a friend that is going through the same thing now it is a sad situation but sc does do common law marriage if they fit under that law he has equal rights as if they were married

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
With van sotolen 16 hr Texas 1
News Gang Presence in South Carolina (Jun '07) Sat Mc cube 228
News There's validation and worth in black women's rage Fri power 21
News Lindsey Graham prepares bill to protect 'Dreame... Nov 30 Wildchild 4
News Trump chooses racial conciliator in UN pick Nik... Nov 25 Bigrev608 1
News Mike Huckabee defends South Carolina against ra... (Jun '15) Nov 16 Geezer Files 101
Alan Zlacki (Apr '13) Nov 16 LICKMYNUTS 6
More from around the web