s.c. dss a story that must be told!!!!
michelle roberts

Birmingham, MI

#396 Dec 20, 2010
I too am a victim of DSS. My daughter told me her cousins and granfather where touching her in her private area and encouraging it to continue. She was told that if she said anything she would loose her family. They brybbed a 4 yr. old with gifts and taunted her with fear. I sought legal advice and was told to remove her from the situation, meaning those whom were harming her. I did so and less than 24 hours later the police showed up at my door. They said they were here to do a home investigation because "someone" said we were using drugs in front of her and that she didn't have any heat to keep her warm in the cold winter months. I welcomed them in and explained the story stated above and they said they were sorry that they bothered us and that everything was fine. Less than 24 hours after that DSS showed up at my home. They said "someone" called making a claime that my daughter did not have adequate housing and we were accused of using cocaine and valume. They asked us to do a drug test the next day..we declined..they also asked for me to have my daughter talk to a counselor at first I agreed but after talking to my daughter, I will decline that as well. I have a script for valume because of what my daughter and I have been through. My daughter is healthy, happy, she is enrolled at a public scholl wich she attends regurlarly. Why am I being harrassed and my name being slandered when I am the one keeping my child safe. I don't need DSS to tell me how to raise/care for my child
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
DSS in Anderson, SC has made a mockery of an APS case involving our mom. She is now flat broke after being financially ruined by a sibling who is a drug and alcohol abuser, and has a very long criminal record. Our pleas to them to get her out of his house fell on deaf ears. Anyone who wants to commit abuse against their elders should feel safe to do so in SC. It's a joke.
mom in simpsonville

Mauldin, SC

#397 Dec 21, 2010
Update - Now I can barely speak to my daughter becuase her father stated that when I speak to her, I upset her. So DSS told me that when I call I can not speak to her about seeing her or anything to do with DSS and her counseling and that I can text.
adopted family hopefully

Myrtle Beach, SC

#398 Jan 2, 2011
I have read all of this and can say we are equally upset, we have been approved for adoption for a year now and requested siblings of two-three, from birth to 10, and we were told it would be soo easy for us, but the only call we are getting is to redo our inspections, and pay more money for physicals, no you would think to parents, educated, nice home willing to take more than one would be a good thing, I just don't understand the system..
Mr Mom

Saint Louis, MO

#399 Jan 8, 2011
http://www.massoutrage.com/ma/cps-resources/d...

These counties have more DSS workers than the children they steal. They cover up their snatching with their confidentiality Laws. This happens all through the United states. Now children are posted like used cars for sale. Title IV-D
incentives to the Judges, Therapist, Doctors, Drug Companies, GAL, Psychologists, Adoption Agencies, Lawyers love it Big $$$, They give you a state paid attorney whom works for them, not the families. No wonder the states are bankrupt when the employee list is bigger than the children they steal. This is a way to keep the working class to pay high taxes to emplore their practices. Children are taken from their mothers, Father are stripped of their income so they can no longer afford a attorney who may no give a rats arse how the case comes out. Their are very few attorneys that are honest enough to go against the DSS practice because it rewards further clients for their firms. The DSS social Workers are power hungry and have more power than the Judges. They do not need approval from the Judges. They can snatch children in 72 hours for falsely accusations they bring against the parents and relatives. They hide behind their confidential laws. They all work hand in hand. I do know their are children that do need help but it has gotten out of control. Now they traget innocent families because they are running out of cases to emplore their hundred of state employees. Ever heard of a DSS employee getting laid off. They are on a feeding frenzy and your children are the targets.
mom in simpsonville

Simpsonville, SC

#400 Jan 8, 2011
Just received a certified letter from dss. Have not had any interviews or court hearings. Will not be told anything about this case and I reported the father for putting his own child in a bad situation. I am now being called a bad mother and my current husband is being called a monster. We do not have this child because of lies and lawyers and judges working together. DSS is just listening to one side and not properly investigating this case. I hurt so bad for I miss my child and it feels as if I am dying each day because now they won't let her speak to me because they say I upset her when I speak to her. She wants to talk so bad, but her father stops her. I hope the GOOD LORD looks after all of us and the truth comes out.
pepperpj

Taylors, SC

#401 Jan 11, 2011
franki harper wrote:
<quoted text>dss does need to be investigated the are corrupt they dont go by thier own guidlines they allow liars to tell the anything and they believe it even though someone has proof of thier lies i would like to get a class action lawsuit against them and ron norris at the greenville dss office doesnt even know how to do his job he doesnt follow the guidlines he needs to be replaced with someone who acctually cares he will prob. rot in u know where
Good Luck.In my opinion the whole SC DSS system should be done away with.It is the most immoral,corrupt and not to mention,waste of taxpayers money EVER created..
pepperpj

Taylors, SC

#402 Jan 11, 2011
Mr Mom wrote:
http://www.massoutrage.com/ma/ cps-resources/dcf-dirty-tricks /
These counties have more DSS workers than the children they steal. They cover up their snatching with their confidentiality Laws. This happens all through the United states. Now children are posted like used cars for sale. Title IV-D
incentives to the Judges, Therapist, Doctors, Drug Companies, GAL, Psychologists, Adoption Agencies, Lawyers love it Big $$$, They give you a state paid attorney whom works for them, not the families. No wonder the states are bankrupt when the employee list is bigger than the children they steal. This is a way to keep the working class to pay high taxes to emplore their practices. Children are taken from their mothers, Father are stripped of their income so they can no longer afford a attorney who may no give a rats arse how the case comes out. Their are very few attorneys that are honest enough to go against the DSS practice because it rewards further clients for their firms. The DSS social Workers are power hungry and have more power than the Judges. They do not need approval from the Judges. They can snatch children in 72 hours for falsely accusations they bring against the parents and relatives. They hide behind their confidential laws. They all work hand in hand. I do know their are children that do need help but it has gotten out of control. Now they traget innocent families because they are running out of cases to emplore their hundred of state employees. Ever heard of a DSS employee getting laid off. They are on a feeding frenzy and your children are the targets.
All of this is so true..and the rights & laws of the caregiver & child,ha,what a joke....they have no rights,none whatsoever...AFTER RAISING A GRANDCHILD for 29 OUT OF 34 MONTHS OF HER LIFE AND DOING EVERYTHING ASKED & THEN SOME,I WENT TO COURT & WITHIN 24 HOURS A CASE THAT WAS AIRTIGHT TURNED INTO A RACIST,MONEY HUNGRY,LYING,CHEATING FARCE THAT TOTALLY SICKENED ME.I was ordered to return my grandchild to her biological OVEN, all she had ever been.I was then denied what rights the judge did allow & had to go back to court for contempt,that took me another 6 months.During this 6 months ,I wasn't allowed to speak to or even see this child.Her only form of stability had been jerked away from her & she was & still is being treated as an item,NOT A HUMAN BEING.I guess I'll stop ranting as they are not held accountable for anything they do,but by God you are.The place is worse than sickening.It would be o nice to see someone stand up against this crap and actually do something about it.However when one of these cases go south,guess what....GOOD NIGHTLY NEWS!!!
Jessica Forristal

Hurricane, WV

#403 Jan 11, 2011
andrea norris wrote:
about kim and amber i was with them at helping hands i know now they are staying with a very nice lady named miss.june. i hope everything goes well in your family. i know that right now i'm 18 and still in dss. in my case false acusations were made when i was 14. then dss sent me to live with my father who then raped me for 3 1/2 years. then i went to group home after group home and now i am back with my mom and step dad. i'm still waiting for my father's criminal court to hurry up and send him to jail for the things he did to me. tell kim and amber that i'm thinking of them. tell them andrea says hi. they know me from helping hands and i'm so verry sorry for this has happened. keep hope and faith that your children will be back home and it will happen according to god's will.
Andrea, I doubt that you'll ever get this, but I had to try! I was in Helping Hands with you when I was 14, I am now 19 years old. I've been trying to find you again for 5 years. We said we would keep and touch, but somehow we lost touch! Please respond if you get this at all. If you don't wanna talk, at least let me know that I have reached you! My email is [email protected]
Jessica Forristal

Hurricane, WV

#404 Jan 11, 2011
If anyone can help me get in touch with the Andrea Norris that commented here, please please email me at [email protected]
Christine

Laurens, SC

#405 Jan 19, 2011
Have 2 kids one 17 and one 3, they have been taken from my home since jan 11,2010 at 1:11 p.m. Oldest one wanting help with dvd player, boyfriend reached across her to help and cigarette ash dropped she was 16 at time had caught her with cigarettes herself-key point it was an accident, she had a barely noticeable red mark smaller than the size of a dime and iy was an accident when i found out about made sure no one would smoke around her again. I had already established no smoking around the baby.My daughter was at an age(16)were her and I did have a bit of a communication breakdown. But that was all. I had told her if she didnt start behaving and acting better at school I would put her in DJJ. Of course I wasnt really planning on doing that, but I figured maybe she would start acting better at school and possibly at home if I told her that. Unfortunately that backfired and my daughter told dss I had beat her, although she showed no signs of abuse and neither did the baby, Dss took both children. They took one from daycare and one from school. I attend college full time and love being a mother. I have done everything in my power to remedy our situation and get my kids back home. Now 4,300 in attorney fees later, 4 drug and alcohol tests later(all negative),drug and alcohol counseling(6 weeks and a month waiting list later)and parenting counseling(6 weeks for 3 hours per night)and two psychological evaluations later(one done by mental health stating I didnt meet criteria for there services as no psychological problem was found)(then one done at dss by what was supposedly a private contractor but meets with you at dss and handles all there medicid cases-Also which just so conveniently got a job working for the state after she botched my psychological evaluation and diagnosed me with about 12 different mental conditions of which she diagnosed in a one hour session. I love my kids and want them back, but have no more money or not enough money to fight dss and the people they have backing them. Lets face it they have dss investigators, their lawyers, dss foster care workers, their lawyers, GAL and their lawyers and then the counselors willing to sacrifice a code of ethics to get a state job, and anybody they want to come to court that is regulted by dss. Laurens County has the most corrupt Dss system in the world and they need to be exposed and soon will be. I will continue to fight for my baby to come home, she has just turned 3 and needs her mommy. I love both of them, even though the oldest one is at an age where she wants to do what, she wants and doesnt understand the dangers in the real world. I cant be protective of her forever, shes 17 now and will soon be an adult, but the baby is only 3 and needs the same good upbringing the oldest one was entitled to.Will continue to fight for children. If you have had a similiar situation or have issues with the laurens county dss please write back on this page. In the mean time I will be writing letters to those in congree about a corrupt dss and justice system relating to dss.Best of luck to those who have lost their children and have made all efforts to get them back.
Ready to Fight Back

Concord, NC

#406 Jan 20, 2011
I would really like to communicate with you (outside of a forum). It is possible you may be able to help me in my situation. My email is [email protected] . Please contact me!
Jamie Brown

Williamston, SC

#408 Jan 24, 2011
Mr Mom wrote:
http://www.massoutrage.com/ma/ cps-resources/dcf-dirty-tricks /
I 110% AGREE with you. DSS is Child Abusers. I went to a lawyer today and he wanted a 7500.00 retainer. I have a safety Plan against me I have not seen my Children in 3 months. They don't understand this. I have always been a big part of my Childrens life.
South Carolina DSS Victim

North Charleston, SC

#409 Jan 25, 2011
I have been in a committed relationship with my girlfriend of ten years. She and I discovered in June that we are going to be blessed with a new addition to the family a baby! As the news was good and we were overwhelmed with excitement the nausea that she endured for the first 2 trimesters was a challenge for her. She told the doctors and was prescribed an anti-nausea medication that was extremely helpful. Unfortunately our Heath Provider would only fill 6 of the 30 pills per month and the additional medication was over $600.00 and we could not afford to get them.
My Girlfriend sought advice and recommendations of friends and family and it was suggested to her to try Marijuana to ease the nausea. Although she was hesitating, she did research and found that there was no medical evidence of any harm to our baby. She eventually gave in and tried it one time. Since it did work and she trusted this to be a safe alternative she used on one other occasion.
As to our surprise and shock the Doctor did an early 3rd trimester screening and found a trace of the substance. She and I do not use drugs recreationally and it was honestly the first (2-times) she has used in her entire life. The ramifications for this mistake (which she admitted to making) have been sever.

DSS is now involved and I had to go for a drug-screening (which of course I passed) and she was sent to a County Center downtown for a drug and Alcohol evaluation. She described the issue as mentioned above and was recommended to take 5 additional weeks of therapy. Since she is 36 weeks pregnant and the County Center is filled with drug addicts and patience waiting to go to detox, our doctor recommended a suspension of the treatment until after her pregnancy based on a test at delivery (which we are certain will be negative). DSS insist on the post pregnancy treatment and She will have to be "supervised" at all times with her baby, even if the test result is negetive.

DSS is causing a great deal of stress and agravation to a woman in the last stage of her Pregnancy. We would welcome a drug screening to verify that the substance is gone and will not be heard. Our evaluation of our home family and stability is nothing short of capable and responsible adults that will love and care for our child. I can't seem to find any information that states our rights in this situation. All the material provided by the South Carolina Department of Social Service address children post birth. I need to find help and protect our rights to our family and our child.

I contacted National Advocates for Pregnant Women. They will Help you! They got me in touch with an attorney that actually knows the law. Thankfully prior to any post birth "agreement" was signed. I urge all involved in similar situations to not sign anything until you speak with a qualified attorney!!!!
tammy barton

Aiken, SC

#411 Jan 27, 2011
a d.s.s. worker in columbia told me not to tell my child the man she thought was her father isn't her father, my child has a right to know who her father is
I noticed one of the person's leaving comments named lisa morris she is a thief and has sex with everyone's man
a 4 month old baby got taken away from his mother just because she had no where to live, that isn't right, d.s.s. was not involved but they could have helped
mom in simpsonville

Greenville, SC

#412 Feb 1, 2011
Just received a letter stating that DSS was dismissing my appeal and stating that there was a family court hearing in which i called the court house and they stated that nothing has come through there. Who do these people think they are? I am suppose to resume seeing my little girl this weekend, so we will see.
mom in simpsonville

Greenville, SC

#413 Feb 4, 2011
Went to pick up my little girl tonight. No show, filed a police report and will file a rule to show cause. Ex called stating that he refuses to let me see her and DSS caseworker from Calhoun County, Ms. Clark told me today that she couldn't talk with me and that she had another phone call that was more important and hung up on me. Great work DSS. They haven't even filed for a court hearing but told Columbia that they have so that they would not have the decision appealed. My little girl wants to come home and she is not scared of anyone here. What to do?
Ready to Fight Back

Columbia, SC

#414 Feb 5, 2011
Someway,somehow, you need to find an attorney to help you. That is scary when you think that most attorneys will allow BSS to play their games and abuse families in order to drag the case to be paid more money. However, there are attorneys that know the pain (because they have experienced it) BSS causes and will take them to task. Find a way...ANYWAY to get an attorney to help you. Just know that EVERYONE of the ones you will talk to will "wave their guns a flying shooting at the sky" to get your case....uh...money. But call each one to task and make them look you in the eye and tell you they will be willing to do what has to be done to help and "we'll figure the money part at some point". Now, they do deserve to be paid (unless court appointed, assuming they do not get paid there, but you need an attorney that will fight harder FOR you than they will fight WITH you to get paid. Then in the end, all should be well. Good luck! We will keep you in our prayers.(Psalm 54)
scott

United States

#415 Feb 5, 2011
im one of the victims. severe abuse still therapy email is [email protected] contact me if you want some evidence for a case. i have plenty.
mom in simpsonville

Greenville, SC

#416 Feb 7, 2011
Update: Can't even get her on the phone now. Ex is really starting to piss me off. Can't afford an attorney. each on that I have talked with wants 5000-20,000 up front. 20,000 is what I make in a years time. But I make to much for a court appointed attorney. I am a fighter and I will keep on until the day I die. She knows we love her and I told her not to give up hope, to believe in the good and to tell the truth. I just hopes she remembers.
Hurt by dss

Erie, PA

#417 Feb 11, 2011
I live in roanoke va for 2 years. when i moved there i moved in with my sister. my husband and i looked for work every day and found work. my sister watched my children ages 2,4&7. I worked 60+hrs a week mu husband worked about the same. we were working so hard to get in are own place well my sister had dss called on her and they came in and took my children for a dirty house and put myself and my husband in jail. when we got out we went back to work. i worked 2end my husband 1st my oldest son was in school at the time so we had to have visits then i lost my job cuz i had to miss work every other week. luckily i found a new job that worked around my visits. we found a nice house both still working. keeped it very clean 6 mos later i get 2 out of 3 of my children back we moved in to another place. in august of 08. in did not see my case worker till oct.08 she was waiting for me when i got home from work. i had a few dirty dish a few papers and the boys had toys on the floor. she started to take pics. with a cell phone. oh ya they also had a parent theripest coming in are home almost every day he was something ( another time) they had we backed in to a corner telling me i need to put my children in foster care and leave my husband and quit my job and go back to school. the case worker made us sign agreement saying that we had to keep the house clean,keep working,bath the children,take them to all appointments ect... in early nov. of 08 the caseworker came back to the house house clean.I asked her when my daughter could come home she said when u have done every thing you need to do. i said back to her i have done everything what more do i need to do? she said you know what you have to do!
she came back dec.31,08 i got court papers a few days earlier i said to here i am glade to see you come on in she said she has to take pics i said ok do whatever you need to do! well in the mean time i was asking her about some of the things in the papers she would not answer me. i keep asking her
she did not want to answer me we got in to a argument. she told me that she was going to call the cops i said do what you need to do and leave!! she said if you dont let me take pics i will take the kids i said take the pics then she wanted to go in to my bedroom i told her no the kids dont go in there then she wanted to go in to my little girls room i said nope cuz the boys are not aloud in there. she called the cops as she walked into my kitchen saying that i was trying to kidnap her the whole time she was on the phone she was 2 steps away from the door that goes outside.cops came and left she left. i went to work 2hrs later i went to work cops came in and took me to jail. i got bound out. in feb of 09 went to court the judge thew it out and put double double jeopardy on it in march of 08 we asked if we could move back to pa we movied back to pa left the kids in foster care got good jobs! got a nice house! i got layed off from work. go a new job! worked there for 6 mos the shop closed. my husband still working at his job for over a year 1/2 i worked at my new job for 7 mos.dss took the kids cuz they said we dont make a noff money,moving around,"trying to kid nap the case worker"! they said om many accounts that its not that we beat our children or anything like thatcould of went back to court but i cant afford a good lawyer!
the point of this is its not just in sc or va its all over the usa!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Susan J Inabinett Is Evil Wed Five Words 3
News Weird 15 mins ago 8:22 p.m.Babysitter jailed af... May 21 Fundie Fatwazz Aroma 3
News Former SC Gov. Sanford engaged to ex-mistress (Aug '12) May 17 Edinboro College ... 14
News Lenoir's Store: A Trip Back in Time (May '08) May 3 william lenoir 7
News 9 dead in S.C. shooting at historic black churc... (Jun '15) Apr 29 Reported 331
News Mississippi, Tennessee debate future of Confede... (Jun '15) Apr '17 Truth 19
News SC corrections dept. identifies inmates in rap ... (May '14) Apr '17 Kimkin 2
More from around the web