Blacks slow to clear cervical cancer virus

Full story: MSNBC

Provocative new research might help explain why black women are so much more likely than whites to develop and die from cervical cancer: They seem to have more trouble clearing HPV, the virus that causes the disease.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
hmm

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Blacks slow??? REALLY :)
poop dipped in pubes

Woodbine, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Black people cant fight off viruses as well as whites. Hmmmm
shyxxt stirrer

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

poop dipped in pubes wrote:
Black people cant fight off viruses as well as whites. Hmmmm
Well I don't see any whites living for ever,so they must be dying from something, dogitis I imagine.

“Proud White Woman for life!”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

So don't have sex outside of marriage nor commit adultery. Sleep only with those who will take care of you your entire life. If you must, entertain yourself. It doesn't require other people to use, abuse, and objectify for the stupid, wasteful, selfish reason of wanting to get your rocks off.

BTW, this virus works anally too. That is why Farrah Fawcett (and many gay men) is dead. She had anal cancer that was caused by this virus. People who have unprotected anal sex should get pap smears for back there.

Also, such diseases are punishment from God from misusing the body and misusing sex. So I have no pity nor mercy on anyone who was too stupid or immoral to not get them. I only feel sorry when it was a result of nonconsensual acts (eg. rape/incest) or someone was extorted, exploited, or tricked.

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

shyxxt stirrer wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't see any whites living for ever,so they must be dying from something, dogitis I imagine.
No, the usual stuff like heart, lungs, or brain, or the criminal actions of people outside their own groups.

As for sex with animals, that happens in every race, and fortunately very little.

There was a joke about that. A man was in the military and left for 18 months. When he got back, he sued for divorce because his wife just got out of the hospital with a newborn. That meant it had to have been conceived in the middle of his tour. In court, her defense was that his spirit impregnated her. The judge was unsure of the claim and wanted to find an expert witness. He asked if anyone in the courtroom ever had sexual relations with a ghost. An old man who was hard of hearing raised his hand, and the just asked for him to approach the bench. When the judge asked if he had ever had sex with a ghost, he said no, saying he misunderstood the judge. He thought the judge asked about sex with a goat.

“Dont Play With Me”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

If Blacks are slow to clear cervical cancer virus, I think that the health care industry needs to be more observant of how Blacks are being treated in the medical system. There are other statisitcs showing that Blacks recieve inaquate, inferior, less aggressive health care treatment than Whites, recieve less cancer screenings than Whites, misdiginosises and alot of doctors are more rude to Black patients than White patients and are less thorough in their explaining medical treatment to Blacks so its no surprise that Blacks would have more problems related to health care treatment than Whites.

Spotted World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Girl18 wrote:
If Blacks are slow to clear cervical cancer virus, I think that the health care industry needs to be more observant of how Blacks are being treated in the medical system. There are other statisitcs showing that Blacks recieve inaquate, inferior, less aggressive health care treatment than Whites, recieve less cancer screenings than Whites, misdiagnoses and a lot of doctors are more rude to Black patients than White patients and are less thorough in their explaining medical treatment to Blacks so its no surprise that Blacks would have more problems related to health care treatment than Whites.
That is part of it, but not the entire story. There are different risk factors across ethnic lines. A portion of that is due to culture and lifestyle (eg.- diet and what foods can be afforded, or sexual behaviors in this case), some comes from skin color (eg.- diseases related to vitamin D deficiency), and the rest comes from genes. So ironically, political correctness is killing people of color. In the past, researchers only experimented on White men, so disease variations in women and people of color were missed, and racism and sexism were blamed for more than their fair share.

For instance, take heart disease. The older drugs are about 60% effective among Caucasian men, but only about 30-40% effective in women of color. So that isn't because of racism, but a difference in genetics, and political correctness discouraging researchers from investigating by race and gender.

That is not to say that institutionalized racism is not a factor. We all know better than that. But some of the efforts to try to stop racism are actually making things more dangerous for people of color. However, science is starting to catch up. With heart disease, doctors are starting to prescribe high dose vitamin D to their older African-American patients, particularly if they are bed-ridden. Also, manufacturers have recognized their poor track record with African-Americans and have launched research studies to try to find better drugs that are tailored to specific populations.

As for treatment, keep in mind that doctors often mistreat poorer patients, older patients, and patients on Medicare regardless of race. So the racism here would be further up the line (ie., why there are a greater percentage of African-Americans in the poor house).

Going back to cardiac care, a favorite example of mine in showing that the connection between health and race/gender isn't as clear as many would assume, one problem is the different manifestation of symptoms. While a man having a heart attack typically has the strong chest pains and pain in the left arm, the pain may not be quite as severe in women, and it may be in a different place. They may get more of a burning sensation, and it may be assumed to be gallbladder trouble. I know a woman who helped in a hospital cafeteria. She had an appointment to have her gallbladder taken out. However, a couple of days before the appointment, she passed out in the hospital kitchen. She has coronary artery disease, I think. So the gallbladder was a misdiagnosis. Her pain was coming from her heart but felt like it was coming from her liver. Luckily, she was in a hospital already. They quickly got her in their cardiac wing, gave her a stress test, and did immediate surgery to put in a stent. She was just in the right place at the right time.
Eastside Hustla Crip

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

That's right. Say in here on the Internet instead of the streets where you won't find yourself wearing your ass for a top hat
hmm wrote:
Blacks slow??? REALLY :)

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Two White Men are slow to get back up again from kneeling down for too long:

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t606/Cons...
African AE

Johannesburg, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Melody88 wrote:
Two White Men are slow to get back up again from kneeling down for too long:
http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t606/Cons...
PAINTINGS BY JEWS IN THE MIDDLE EAST OF PEOPLE OF THE BIBLE. THE OLDEST PAINTINGS EVER AND THE BEST!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dura-Europos_synagogue

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••