SC teacher fired over flag flap wants job back

Jan 25, 2013 Read more: WCNC-TV Charlotte

A South Carolina high school teacher fired after stomping on the American flag wants his job back.

Read more
KM Prince

Munich, Germany

#1 Jan 25, 2013
This is an utterly foolish decision that I hope will be reversed. Any reasonable person would know to apply the legal concept of "mens rea" to this incident. In other words: What was the intent of the teacher's act? Was it his intent to demonstrate disdain for the flag? Was his stomping an act of actual protest? No, by every indication it wasn't. The intent was to teach the meanings represented by the flag. Unfortunately, too many people would rather obsess over symbols and other superficialities and ignore what it stands for. And one of the things it stands for is freedom of speech.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Hampshire clash of Republican presidential ... 21 hr barefoot2626 12
Todd Kincannon Apr 15 tonya 2
Attorney that will take on DSS Apr 13 broken 2
s.c. dss a story that must be told!!!! (Jan '06) Apr 13 broken 792
News South Carolina police shooting reflects racist ... Apr 11 Not so 4
News SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Apr 10 swedenforever 1,169
News Officers React to South Carolina Shooting Apr 9 Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web