Lesbian police chief with 20 years service is summarily fired by new anti-gay mayor

Apr 19, 2014 Full story: Free Republic 61

An openly gay chief of police has been fired by a South Carolina mayor who was caught saying he preferred alcoholics to homosexuals.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Evilgelicalling

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Apr 19, 2014
Well the mayor is apparently a drunk, so what would you expect?
Sir Andrew

Honolulu, HI

#2 Apr 19, 2014
I read other stories on this where the mayor specifically claimed that she was fired because she's a "pervert" that he doesn't want held up as a role model to his children. That's where the 'alcoholics and homosexuals' analogy was brought into play by the mayor. He pointed out that he'd rather his children see alcoholics than that they see homosexuals being treated normally and with respect by the citizens.

This is where we get to see the metier of the town's citizens. Will they stand up against this blatant bigotry, or will they let it pass with a shrug?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 20, 2014
Sue, Chief.

SUE !!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#4 Apr 20, 2014
Sir Andrew wrote:
I read other stories on this where the mayor specifically claimed that she was fired because she's a "pervert" that he doesn't want held up as a role model to his children. That's where the 'alcoholics and homosexuals' analogy was brought into play by the mayor. He pointed out that he'd rather his children see alcoholics than that they see homosexuals being treated normally and with respect by the citizens.
This is where we get to see the metier of the town's citizens. Will they stand up against this blatant bigotry, or will they let it pass with a shrug?
Can you say LAWSUIT? Again, when are the ANTI-GAY idiots going to STOP showing their animus for ALL the courts to see!!!
Robin Hood

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Apr 20, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you say LAWSUIT? Again, when are the ANTI-GAY idiots going to STOP showing their animus for ALL the courts to see!!!
The entire State of South Carolina is an anti-gay idiot
Obama will have to send in the troops (and some drones) and bomb the collard fields to shut off the food supply
Jace

Colchester, VT

#6 Apr 20, 2014
Until we see a federal anti-discrimination law, like ENDA, there's little she can sue for. Especially in South Carolina.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#8 Apr 20, 2014
She was fired for a reason and that reason wasn't because she was homosexual. Big deal.
It's kind if like the libs who say if you disagree with the liar in chief, you're a racist, even though skin color has absolutely nothing to do with his incompetence.
Ruffalo

Minnetonka, MN

#9 Apr 20, 2014
Sir Andrew wrote:
I read other stories on this where the mayor specifically claimed that she was fired because she's a "pervert" that he doesn't want held up as a role model to his children.
The Mayor is 100% spot on.
Amos

Tempe, AZ

#10 Apr 20, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
She was fired for a reason and that reason wasn't because she was homosexual. Big deal.
It's kind if like the libs who say if you disagree with the liar in chief, you're a racist, even though skin color has absolutely nothing to do with his incompetence.
Spot on.
Mikey

Long Beach, CA

#11 Apr 20, 2014
Ruffalo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mayor is 100% spot on.
No He's a moron just like you..
Mikey

Long Beach, CA

#12 Apr 20, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Yeah Right...Just like saying giving unlimited donations to politicians is a constitutional right and that 911 was a terrorist attack ..moron

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#13 Apr 20, 2014
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Right...Just like saying that 911 was a terrorist attack
Huh?
Mikey

Long Beach, CA

#14 Apr 20, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
LOL typical response of a republican't

Since: Nov 09

Columbus OH

#16 Apr 20, 2014
The tragedy of the firing is that the Chief does not have any recourse. It is not against the law to fire someone just because they are Gay. This is a prime example of why Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity needs to be added to the Civil Rights law.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#17 Apr 20, 2014
nealcmh wrote:
The tragedy of the firing is that the Chief does not have any recourse. It is not against the law to fire someone just because they are Gay. This is a prime example of why Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity needs to be added to the Civil Rights law.
The chief wasn't fired because of gayness, but nice try though.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#19 Apr 20, 2014
Trotsky Lenin Marx Lides wrote:
Mozilla forced a man to resign for donating money to an organization with differing views of poofs. This is called Karma.
ROTFLMAO!
No, they didn't moron. He exercised his free speech and resigned.

I am not surprised that you are too stupid to tell the difference.

Tell me, if you have the guts, what name do you usually troll under?

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#21 Apr 20, 2014
Fire in Odessa wrote:
Normally I use Uncle Fester as a handle. I was born in Odessa and I am a reformed bisexual.
:o)
No, you are just a troll and an idiot, regardless of what name you choose to post under.
Abe

Tempe, AZ

#22 Apr 20, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Did you bother to read the article?

She was fired because...
"Moore conducted a background check without authorization, questioned the authority of a supervisor and contacted 'news media to help bring about disorder and disruption to the town of Latta,' among other things"

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#23 Apr 20, 2014
Abe wrote:
Did you bother to read the article?
She was fired because...
"Moore conducted a background check without authorization, questioned the authority of a supervisor and contacted 'news media to help bring about disorder and disruption to the town of Latta,' among other things"
Why did you elect to truncate the first two words of the sentence that you cited?
Abe

Tempe, AZ

#24 Apr 20, 2014
I replied to the wrong poster. My reply was to nealcmh who obviously commented without reading the article.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cleveland settles suit over fatal police shootings (Jul '14) Jan 24 TheAfroHedgehog 3
Gang Presence in South Carolina (Jun '07) Jan 22 Youxia 221
Telepsychiatry: the New Frontier in Mental Health Jan 17 humanspirit 1
s.c. dss a story that must be told!!!! (Jan '06) Jan 14 cheryl 777
SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Jan 9 swedenforever 1,159
Dear Abby: Daughter's baby-sitting leads to ano... Jan 2 Gremlin 3
Graham thinking about presidential bid Dec '14 tha Professor 12
More from around the web