Sheddrick Miller-Kia Von Miller: Jeho...

Sheddrick Miller-Kia Von Miller: Jehovah's Witness murder-suicide

There are 112 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jan 17, 2014, titled Sheddrick Miller-Kia Von Miller: Jehovah's Witness murder-suicide. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

The New York Daily News is reporting today that a Jehovah's Witness family was found dead in their South Carolina home in an apparent murder-suicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#127 Feb 7, 2014
In the week that this beautiful family died, so did 3 others-in the same way. Two of those families were Mormon. Its a weird coincidence, perhaps. All in all, 15 people died that week to familial murder suicides. I don't think you can blame it all on mental health care being allowed. The LDS church does allow it and the 4th family seemed to be Jewish-and I think they practically invented it (sorry- I am stereotyping).ssss

I think we have very disturbed people for various reasons who did something that can never make sense to anyone. May their rest be peaceful as the end of their lives were so horrific.
hMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#128 Feb 7, 2014
Covered wrote:
I am in no position to speculate, but what a tragedy for everyone involved. Such a beautiful family-what demon drove that act is not something I can begin to imagine-I have had some really harsh things in life and as even suicide was never an option, I don't know how anyone can go that far. But he isn't the first or the last.
My heart goes out to their families who are grieving so much right now. There are really no answers that will make this better. Take care of each other.
Jehovah's Witnesses are forbidden from getting therapy from "worldly" therapists, but are programmed to go to nitwit, uneducated "elders" for counsel.
The WBTS shares in the guilt of all of these deaths, none so disturbing as those of the innocent children.
To pretend the organization that this man worshipped had nothing to do with this tragedy just proves that as a whole Jehovah's Witnesses really have no love for each other, and will ask for no changes in policy.
They will just shift blame to everyone else, and nothing will change.
MO for the Jehovah's Witness cult.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#129 Feb 7, 2014
hMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah's Witnesses are forbidden from getting therapy from "worldly" therapists, but are programmed to go to nitwit, uneducated "elders" for counsel.
The WBTS shares in the guilt of all of these deaths, none so disturbing as those of the innocent children.
To pretend the organization that this man worshipped had nothing to do with this tragedy just proves that as a whole Jehovah's Witnesses really have no love for each other, and will ask for no changes in policy.
I don't know how much of it had to do with his religion,but that is because none of us know his motivation-do we? I saw 3 other families destroyed that same week-none of them had a restriction on getting mental health care.

I don't know what motivated him and neither do you. We should not assume. That the WT is not supportive of families in difficult situations-I totally concede that point. I think they are worse than useless unless someone is refusing blood and then they are like vultures sitting on them convicting them of that decision.

He did an evil act. We can presume some things about him before we lay it ALL at the feet of his religion. And even still, we don't know hearts. May God have mercy on them all-according to God's knowledge of what happened.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#130 Feb 7, 2014
However what we do know is day in and day out as he read watchtower literature, all he read about was death, murder, killing, jehovah is going to kill, kill, kill, kill, kill!!!!!! We do know that jehovahs witnesses are to be ready and willing to let their children die, kill their children physicaly and emotionaly. And how they teach that everyone who ever died will be resurrected but those living through the last days may not be spared; and what do the jw's preach....the last days are going to happen any moment now, so he killed his family giving them the assurance that they will be ressurrected and committed suicide because he know's there is no punishment after a suicidal death.

It may not be surprising that we see more of this.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#131 Feb 7, 2014
array wrote:
<quoted text>you need to be realistic and quit comparing this does not make your faith absolute truth, one only has to look at the history of the faith to see that.
And not just past history but what is happening NOW, shows that the JW has just as many problems are other faiths, in fact for one to continue to say that they are the only channel God is using puts them up to even more scrutiny.
Bragging who wonderful they are while rubbishing all other religions, when they hit the papers just about every week now with wicked goings on in their own religion, concerning concealment of pedophiles, and this policy comes from the very ones you put all your trust in, the GB aka FDS, who say that only they in all the earth have been chosen by Christ as the FDS in 1919, which they cannot prove scripturally. But no matter about that they can say it till the cows come home, its how they treat the flock and they have shown with out a doubt that their main interest is the organization, and they will sacrifice, lie and do anything to try and hide the truth from the JW to keep this so called squeaky clean image in tact.
When one comes to see the hypocrisy they themselves are responsible for the many stumbled JW and bad witness to the world.
Imperfection never produces anything squeaky clean. The JW,s aren't bragging--they spend their lives taking in knowledge to share with those who desire to serve God and live to do his will. Oh--just what Jesus taught his followers to do---become fishers of men and get them out of Babylon the great.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#132 Feb 7, 2014
hMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is the Father of the lie--he is your Father Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Every post you make you continue to lie in every one of them--how sad for you.
Tao itness

Philadelphia, PA

#134 Feb 7, 2014
Part of one letter from Rutherford to Hitler:
Instead of being against the principles advocated by the government of Germany, we stand squarely for such principles, and point out that Jehovah God through Christ Jesus will bring about the full realization of these principles and will give to the people peace and prosperity and the greatest desire of every honest heart.
For Real

Hixson, TN

#135 Feb 9, 2014
RIP auntie Kia wrote:
All of you are wrong and are only outsiders looking in. I do not know what caused my uncle to to this, but it does NOT have ANYTHING to do with his religion. Name calling is not mature,nor is it the right thing to be doing at this time, not while we are mourning the loss of someone. It's fine not to believe in something, but if we are not pushing it on you, then there is no need to insult it.
For those of you,looking in on the outside,those of you who know apostates and THINK you know what is going on,kindly be quiet and move on to something else. You don't know anything and you spreading lies and untruths hurt people.
They were a wonderful family. I lost two little cousins
And you know what's "sad"?
That there were lives lost and instead of people trying to figure out the real reason why,they speculate and say nasty things.
Agreed. Anyone who does something like this is completely irrational. Which means there is not a way to place rational reasons on an irrational act. Something inside of his mind snapped and no one will ever really know what that was. It could be the same something that does not cause another person to snap.
This happend to people I know a long time ago. There is absolutly no way to know, even when notes are wrirten, they are susually highly indecipherable of meaning or intent.
My heart breaks for the family members left with this memory.
For Real

Hixson, TN

#136 Feb 9, 2014
Schleptik wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no big deal like you make it sound. Rutherford was not a Jew-hater, far from it. You can say whatever you want about that letter, but if viewed in the proper light, it is not as you make it out to be. Rutherford did not hate the Jews, Zionists and Jews are not particularly the same, you have that a little mixed up. What happened in Germany was a reflection and result of the church teachings, not what Jehovah's Witnesses taught. There is no doubt of that. But many today are deadset against the Jews in many walks of life, Jehovah's Witnesses are working to cast prejudice aside.
New religion has changed and determined what it all means. For centuries the "Christian" religions were declaring the Jews to be Christ-killers. Remember how Martin Luther and others in Europe continuing causing the hatred and vilification of the Jews? It went on for centuries. Even here someone on your side stated that the Jews killed Christ, and concluded whatever they said in the Bible is not to be believed? Hmmm? Rutherford did not support Zionism as so many did during those times and which the battle is still going on about that throughout the world. They believe Jews run the world. You probably know what so many believe and teach.
What happened to the Jews was a tragedy, fomented by so-called Christian leaders such as Martin Luther and the historical exclusion of Jews from a great part of Europe, including Spain and Germany, for centuries. So don't blame Rutherford for a simple letter stating to Hitler that we didn't support Zionism or whatever he said there.
You are here, similar as Hitler was, to be against Jehovah's Witnesses. Maybe not the Jews, so you think, but what you and others are doing is similar. As the many rabid persons here are as well.
Here is a very important question for you: If, and when, Jehovah's Witnesses are assaulted by the governments and people, will you feel vindicated, pleased, and satisfied from your "work" here, set as you are against Jehovah's Witnesses? Will that be satisfactory to you if JW's are rounded up as they were in Nazi Germany? Prejudice and feelings run deep. Because I know Jehovah is going to make all matters straight with every word a person says, and every deed a person does. Of that I have no doubt.
I do find it insulting and self important claim that the JWs are "percecuted". Please go ask a Coptic Christain from the time the Muslims took over the middle east, what percecution they have seen ever since that time. Try to compare percecution stories. See how horriblly embarresed the JW should be when they claim their massivly exaggerated minor ( someone disliked my post etc, Someone refused my tract....) percecution. It's astounding that the time number of population that are JWs exaggerated level of self importance has them believing they are a target of world governments!!! Seriously, you REALLY believe the JW are even ON THE RADAR???????

“Read God's Word”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#137 Feb 9, 2014
For Real wrote:
<quoted text>
I do find it insulting and self important claim that the JWs are "percecuted". Please go ask a Coptic Christain from the time the Muslims took over the middle east, what percecution they have seen ever since that time. Try to compare percecution stories. See how horriblly embarresed the JW should be when they claim their massivly exaggerated minor ( someone disliked my post etc, Someone refused my tract....) percecution. It's astounding that the time number of population that are JWs exaggerated level of self importance has them believing they are a target of world governments!!! Seriously, you REALLY believe the JW are even ON THE RADAR???????
No, not me. I agree that many people are persecuted because of their religion. When I saw report of Muslim man recently beaten to death by so=-called "Christians" in Africa, I was appalled. And, of course, there is Muslim killing Muslim as well as non-Muslim BECAUSE of religious/political differences. Yes, Jehovah's Witnesses do not engage in such battles, we will avoid them, and not massacre in return. Then until recently, Catholics were killing Protestants and others, and Protestants were killing Catholics. Muslims killing Jews, Jews killing Muslims, Buddhists also joining in the battles. The difference, however, between JW's and others is that we don't "strike back" with armaments, and we do not have mass riots to beat someone to death.

Out of respect for those that are mourning, if you want to pursue this line of thought, take it to another thread.

“KeepProclaiming Christ Death ”

Since: Dec 09

Lynchburg, VA

#138 Feb 18, 2014
South Carolina is the worst of all 50 states when it comes to domestic homicides, according to a report by the Violence Policy Center in Washington.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25408...

Since: Jan 14

Cottage Grove, OR

#139 Feb 23, 2014
hMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>If your husband is a JW, he is not highly regarded, if you are not.
You know they "counsel" him to divorce you if you don't convert as much and as often as they can, don't you?
He became one after we got married. He's never said they talk to him about divorcing me who knows maybe they do lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
s.c. dss a story that must be told!!!! (Jan '06) 8 hr Tracy 854
DRUG DEALERS; Who are the Drug Dealers in South... (Jul '07) Aug 16 jerry 54
News 9 dead in S.C. shooting at historic black churc... (Jun '15) Aug 13 HERBERT D 336
News United Fined as 'Chairman's Flight' Snags Allie... Jul '16 louie H 1
News 84 dead, 202 hurt as truck hits Bastille Day cr... Jul '16 Jeff Brightone 1
News Thousands gather to mourn, honor 3 slain office... Jul '16 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
News NYPD commanders, businessman plead not guilty i... Jul '16 aylageorge 1
More from around the web