Sheddrick Miller-Kia Von Miller: Jeho...

Sheddrick Miller-Kia Von Miller: Jehovah's Witness murder-suicide

There are 112 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jan 17, 2014, titled Sheddrick Miller-Kia Von Miller: Jehovah's Witness murder-suicide. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

The New York Daily News is reporting today that a Jehovah's Witness family was found dead in their South Carolina home in an apparent murder-suicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

speechless

Tucker, GA

#102 Feb 4, 2014
kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't really pat themselves on the back--they concentrate getting into peoples hearts by writing bible truths in literature and teaching the flocks to be fishers of men. They warn the flocks of the consequences of partaking of the table of demons in the worlds celebrations. Every single one who knows the true God and his word knows it teaches--Beware if one thinks they are standing strong--there is no back patting--there is battling against this world and the things in it and ones own weaknesses--its a daily battle for every JW and even GB . Satans #1 priority = attacking Gods true ones relentlessly.
Living to do Gods will isn't being self righteous, its being wise--afterall Solomon taught--All is vanity except the seeking of doing Gods will.
What drives mortals to kill Jesus, Apostles, And then throw the Christians to the lions and cheer? They were going around door to door with the good news of Gods kingdom, and truths, but also about how Babylon lived in the celebrations, and how 99% of all religions were false. That is what--Truth is why.
Don't waste your time..the road to everlasting life is narrow. I know that it hurts but Jehovah has spoken for His people time and time again. Noah,Daniel, Moses, Jacob...let Him make the reply...
speechless

Tucker, GA

#103 Feb 4, 2014
hMMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
RN? Really?
What do you do when your job entails administrating a blood transfusion??
I knew no actual RNs when I was in the CULT, knew lots of "medical assistants" which requires no college degree, who called themselves "nurses" though.
My job entails me to do my job. My personal beliefs have nothing to do with it. If I have to administer a blood transfusion then it's done. It's that's persons personal choice. What I do to my own body is my choice. Looks like that degree paid off because I can separate the two...personal/ professional. Wow!
speechless

Tucker, GA

#104 Feb 4, 2014
hMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
If your husband is a JW, he is not highly regarded, if you are not.
You know they "counsel" him to divorce you if you don't convert as much and as often as they can, don't you?
Are you speaking from experience? I don't think so...my husband is an unbeliever, and I have NEVER been counseled or coached to leave him. I've been helped to learn how to compromise when I'm faced with adversities. I've been counseled on how to build my marriage up and not tear it down. I've been counseled on how to look at my husband with respect and to look at him how Jehovah does. I love my husband and he loves and respects me.
hMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#107 Feb 4, 2014
speechless wrote:
<quoted text> Are you speaking from experience? I don't think so...my husband is an unbeliever, and I have NEVER been counseled or coached to leave him. I've been helped to learn how to compromise when I'm faced with adversities. I've been counseled on how to build my marriage up and not tear it down. I've been counseled on how to look at my husband with respect and to look at him how Jehovah does. I love my husband and he loves and respects me.
You don't have a husband, so what experience do you have??
No kidding they don't pressure you.
You are woman, nothing but a vehicle for sex according to the WBTS.
We will take it you are not young or hot, because those are the only women that are counseled to leave non-JW spouses.
Women are of no use in the cult, except to lure new members, that's it.
Jehovah's Witness MEN with non-JW WIVES are counseled to leave their spouses if they refuse to convert, then they are pressure by not giving "privileges" like even handling the microphones, because they are labeled "weak"
You point in moot, mine stands
Yes, I have experience, I was forced against my will to live as a Jehovah's Witness, it was nothing but a life in hell.
Thanks for proving the recent study proving that Jehovah's Witnesses ARE the most ignorant religious sect.
hMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#108 Feb 4, 2014
speechless wrote:
<quoted text> My job entails me to do my job. My personal beliefs have nothing to do with it. If I have to administer a blood transfusion then it's done. It's that's persons personal choice. What I do to my own body is my choice. Looks like that degree paid off because I can separate the two...personal/ professional. Wow!
Jehovah's Witnesses are programmed to "witness" whenever they can.
This means saving lives!
Are you disobeying the Almighty jehovah, also known as the governing body, by not witnessing at such an opportune time??
Are you an R.N.?
Where did you get your college degree??
hMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#109 Feb 4, 2014
That stupid spellcheck, oh well!!
speechless

Tucker, GA

#110 Feb 4, 2014
hMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a husband, so what experience do you have??
No kidding they don't pressure you.
You are woman, nothing but a vehicle for sex according to the WBTS.
We will take it you are not young or hot, because those are the only women that are counseled to leave non-JW spouses.
Women are of no use in the cult, except to lure new members, that's it.
Jehovah's Witness MEN with non-JW WIVES are counseled to leave their spouses if they refuse to convert, then they are pressure by not giving "privileges" like even handling the microphones, because they are labeled "weak"
You point in moot, mine stands
Yes, I have experience, I was forced against my will to live as a Jehovah's Witness, it was nothing but a life in hell.
Thanks for proving the recent study proving that Jehovah's Witnesses ARE the most ignorant religious sect.
. I asked if you have experience with marriage with the witnesses. Did what you are accusing to go on happen to you? I guess you can say the same to my brother with his non witness wife.Or to my cousin? Hmmmmmmmm? Oh I don't hear you. So you were forced? Jehovah does not want who does not want him. And how far did you get? Oh.....not that far because you can't fool Jehovah. And women used as a vehicle for sex? That must be a figment of your imagination or something you wanted to do yourself....As sex is held sacred between man and wife. Women are very valuable to Jehovah in fact it was a woman who first delivered the news of Jesus ' resurrection. How important was that? And speaking of facts why don't you state some? And how vague of you to insult the way a person looks? Not that it matters but if you seen me you would do what you are eventually going to do when you are exposed for the liar that you are....EAT YOUR WORDS.
speechless

Tucker, GA

#111 Feb 4, 2014
hMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah's Witnesses are programmed to "witness" whenever they can.
This means saving lives!
Are you disobeying the Almighty jehovah, also known as the governing body, by not witnessing at such an opportune time??
Are you an R.N.?
Where did you get your college degree??
There is no need for me to pull out my credentials on here. Since when is a medical emergency that requires a family to decide on receiving blood and "opportune" time?? I'm not disobeying Jehovah...He says plenty will hear but not all will listen. And there is a time and place for everything. Receiving blood is a choice...just like it is my choice not to respond to you any more. No matter what religion..you are a liar and no truth is in you. Everyone keeps asking for facts and yet you have stated not one.......i don't need my college degree to help me understand that one.
Tao itness

Philadelphia, PA

#112 Feb 4, 2014
SPEECHLESS, If you found out one of the patients that re ceived a blood transfusion was one of Jehovah's Witnesses, would you report them to the elders?
Storm

Wausau, WI

#113 Feb 4, 2014
speechless wrote:
<quoted text>
. I asked if you have experience with marriage with the witnesses. Did what you are accusing to go on happen to you? I guess you can say the same to my brother with his non witness wife.Or to my cousin? Hmmmmmmmm? Oh I don't hear you. So you were forced? Jehovah does not want who does not want him. And how far did you get? Oh.....not that far because you can't fool Jehovah. And women used as a vehicle for sex? That must be a figment of your imagination or something you wanted to do yourself....As sex is held sacred between man and wife. Women are very valuable to Jehovah in fact it was a woman who first delivered the news of Jesus ' resurrection. How important was that? And speaking of facts why don't you state some? And how vague of you to insult the way a person looks? Not that it matters but if you seen me you would do what you are eventually going to do when you are exposed for the liar that you are....EAT YOUR WORDS.
Yes, God views women as sacred ,however the dangerous Cult of Jws DO NOT!
Not way back when NOR NOW...
Take your rose Colored glasses off...
Storm

Wausau, WI

#114 Feb 4, 2014
Tao itness wrote:
SPEECHLESS, If you found out one of the patients that re ceived a blood transfusion was one of Jehovah's Witnesses, would you report them to the elders?
Remember that they changed the Rules all over ONCE AGAIN...
Now, they have made it a "Choice" to take blood and no DF'inf will take place.
BUT, before it was a DFing issue when any Cult member would take blood.
These people are nothing more than Murders, murdered their own children for petes sake.
How sick..
Tao itness

Philadelphia, PA

#116 Feb 4, 2014
Storm
What has happened is the government of Bulgaria refused to recognize the watchtower as a legal religion due to their refusal of compulsory military service and their stand on blood transfusions.
The Watchtower reached a “friendly settlement” by indicating a change to its rules regarding blood transfusions and military service. In order to accommodate the wishes of the Watchtower Society, the Bulgarian government created a non-combative military service option for conscientious objectors to participate in.
It seemed that a dramatic shift in policy had occurred. In reality nothing had changed, as Watchtower’s policies and procedures remained virtually the same. The Witnesses are subject to identical repercussions if they have a blood transfusion or allow their children to have one.

Following the Watchtower’s agreement with Bulgaria, blood transfusions were removed from being a disfellowshipping offence. This was of little consequence, as the consumption of blood was simply reclassified from being a disfellowshipping offence to one of DISASSOCIATION ! Wich incures the same penalties, only with this,their is no chance to appeal !
Highlighting the Watchtower’s willingness for deception in what is an example of “theocratic warfare”.

Since: Feb 07

RI

#117 Feb 4, 2014
kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't really pat themselves on the back--they concentrate getting into peoples hearts by writing bible truths in literature and teaching the flocks to be fishers of men. They warn the flocks of the consequences of partaking of the table of demons in the worlds celebrations. Every single one who knows the true God and his word knows it teaches--Beware if one thinks they are standing strong--there is no back patting--there is battling against this world and the things in it and ones own weaknesses--its a daily battle for every JW and even GB . Satans #1 priority = attacking Gods true ones relentlessly.
Living to do Gods will isn't being self righteous, its being wise--afterall Solomon taught--All is vanity except the seeking of doing Gods will.
What drives mortals to kill Jesus, Apostles, And then throw the Christians to the lions and cheer? They were going around door to door with the good news of Gods kingdom, and truths, but also about how Babylon lived in the celebrations, and how 99% of all religions were false. That is what--Truth is why.
(sigh) You have missed the point yet again. Let's try this one more time, okay?

JWs constantly point out the flaws in other religions. JWs also claim that THEY are different...more Christian...happier...more morally upright...more ethical than any of these other religons.

THAT is patting themselves on the back. They CLAIM that THEY are different, do they not? Truth be told, JWs are no better than any of the other groups they consider to be inferior to themselves. THAT is what is self-righteous.

Now...try to stick to the point without going off on a huge tangent.

RI

#118 Feb 4, 2014
Tao itness wrote:
Good question.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#120 Feb 4, 2014
RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
(sigh) You have missed the point yet again. Let's try this one more time, okay?
JWs constantly point out the flaws in other religions. JWs also claim that THEY are different...more Christian...happier...more morally upright...more ethical than any of these other religons.
THAT is patting themselves on the back. They CLAIM that THEY are different, do they not? Truth be told, JWs are no better than any of the other groups they consider to be inferior to themselves. THAT is what is self-righteous.
Now...try to stick to the point without going off on a huge tangent.
You fail to realize 99% of every other religion is false--partake in pagan practices in the worlds celebrations and false god worship---yes it is true--Gods chosen are far and above any others on this earth---that is Gods view. Its hard to get light into darkness.

RI

#121 Feb 4, 2014
kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
You fail to realize 99% of every other religion is false--partake in pagan practices in the worlds celebrations and false god worship---yes it is true--Gods chosen are far and above any others on this earth---that is Gods view. Its hard to get light into darkness.
And YOU fail to realize that you cannot prove that your religion is true or that other religions are false. All religions promote a belief system. Beliefs are NOT facts.

For that matter, I left the JWs based mainly on their failure to live up to the standards THEY claimed would mark the true religion. They wrote about the "markers" of true religion, and they didn't consistently display those markers, hence, they proved themselves to be false based on their own words.

Oh, and you do realize, do you not, that JWs engage in any pagan practices that the GB have declared to be "no longer pagan"? That in no way erases the pagan origins of human sacrifice and feasts to honor pagan gods, but the GB has declared that those things are okay now, so JWs happily utilize these pagan practices while condemning other religions.

Gross hypocrisy on the part of JWs, don't you agree?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#122 Feb 4, 2014
kjw51 wrote:
<quoted text>
you need to be realistic and quit comparing this does not make your faith absolute truth, one only has to look at the history of the faith to see that.

And not just past history but what is happening NOW, shows that the JW has just as many problems are other faiths, in fact for one to continue to say that they are the only channel God is using puts them up to even more scrutiny.

Bragging who wonderful they are while rubbishing all other religions, when they hit the papers just about every week now with wicked goings on in their own religion, concerning concealment of pedophiles, and this policy comes from the very ones you put all your trust in, the GB aka FDS, who say that only they in all the earth have been chosen by Christ as the FDS in 1919, which they cannot prove scripturally. But no matter about that they can say it till the cows come home, its how they treat the flock and they have shown with out a doubt that their main interest is the organization, and they will sacrifice, lie and do anything to try and hide the truth from the JW to keep this so called squeaky clean image in tact.

When one comes to see the hypocrisy they themselves are responsible for the many stumbled JW and bad witness to the world.

“Read God's Word”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#124 Feb 5, 2014
array wrote:
<quoted text>you need to be realistic and quit comparing this does not make your faith absolute truth, one only has to look at the history of the faith to see that.
And not just past history but what is happening NOW, shows that the JW has just as many problems are other faiths, in fact for one to continue to say that they are the only channel God is using puts them up to even more scrutiny.
Bragging who wonderful they are while rubbishing all other religions, when they hit the papers just about every week now with wicked goings on in their own religion, concerning concealment of pedophiles, and this policy comes from the very ones you put all your trust in, the GB aka FDS, who say that only they in all the earth have been chosen by Christ as the FDS in 1919, which they cannot prove scripturally. But no matter about that they can say it till the cows come home, its how they treat the flock and they have shown with out a doubt that their main interest is the organization, and they will sacrifice, lie and do anything to try and hide the truth from the JW to keep this so called squeaky clean image in tact.
When one comes to see the hypocrisy they themselves are responsible for the many stumbled JW and bad witness to the world.
Every word a person speaks will be accountable to him. Every false teaching will be held accountable, and eventually done away with. Those who beat their former or present brothers, well, we know what the Bible says about that.

As the saying goes -- when the end comes, are you ready? Because it won't be pretty for anyone. Every word a person says will be judged.
hMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#125 Feb 7, 2014
We will see more of these horrible crimes with Jehovah's Witnesses now embracing the once forbidden ownership of handguns meant to murder.

So much for embracing "the Bible", just ignore the Ten Commandments and anything Jesus taught, and just follow the bastardized version the Watchtower invented and wrote for its own selfish purpose of making those who run the scam rich.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#126 Feb 7, 2014
I am in no position to speculate, but what a tragedy for everyone involved. Such a beautiful family-what demon drove that act is not something I can begin to imagine-I have had some really harsh things in life and as even suicide was never an option, I don't know how anyone can go that far. But he isn't the first or the last.

My heart goes out to their families who are grieving so much right now. There are really no answers that will make this better. Take care of each other.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tinyhands clubs Jun 27 new trump golfpit 1
News Historic preservation, Allen University & Coast... Jun 26 HERBERT D 1
Is Billy Joe Todd jealous of all Harley riders?... (Oct '09) Jun 26 Badgirl4life 3
News What Is It With SC Sheriffs? (Jul '12) Jun 23 Anonymous 4
help our country Jun 22 vote howdy doody 1
News Democratic candidates for House District 40 fac... Jun 15 Lksuber 1
s.c. dss a story that must be told!!!! (Jan '06) Jun 15 phillipssam 843
More from around the web