Sheddrick Miller-Kia Von Miller: Jeho...

Sheddrick Miller-Kia Von Miller: Jehovah's Witness murder-suicide

There are 112 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jan 17, 2014, titled Sheddrick Miller-Kia Von Miller: Jehovah's Witness murder-suicide. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

The New York Daily News is reporting today that a Jehovah's Witness family was found dead in their South Carolina home in an apparent murder-suicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Tao itness

Philadelphia, PA

#25 Jan 19, 2014
Shawne wrote:
It's really said that in the news articles about this, there were other people who took the lives of there children and then themselves but at that time religion wasn't mentioned. When the paper found out that this family could be a Jehovah's Witness or associated with ones that's all that is said.
Also you have facts that's aren't true.
1. We are a cult, do you really know what one is?
2. That we can't seek medical attention for depression. Again this fact is not true!!
When I hear ones who use to serve Jehovah and they don't ( speaking of the one making a comment)
I will not speak with them but for more information go to JW.org

Nearly every list that warns of high control, mind control cults, Jehovah's Witnesses are on them. There are professionals that have studied dangerous mind control cults for decades and there is scientific proof that these so called religions use certain tactics to manipulate people's minds and lives,to their detriment, and it is by using this criteria that Jehovah's Witnesses end up on nearly every watch list.
. Many studies have been done about the mental health of Jehovah's Witnesses along with other high control groups and Jehovah's Witnesses suffer from mental health issues, especially depression at several times the level of the world at large! These are facts that Jehovah's Witnesses choose not to look at and have been led to believe by their leaders that is a form of prejudice and persecution. Which is just another end game that leaders of Mind Control cults use to distance themselves from the fact that their tactics are damaging to people's lives, spirituality and mentaly.
Also Jehovah's Witnesses for decades were discouraged from seeking any type of psychiatric help, and it is still looked down upon to this day, however the leadership has loosened its stance on this quite a bit due to the large numbers of mental health issues, abuse, and suicides among Jehovah's Witnesses. Of course there first line of defense is to unlovingly tell their followers that they are the happiest people on earth,thus making those that do suffer from depression feel that something is wrong with them,which aggravates and exacerbates the problem exponentially! How ironic!
Tao itness

Philadelphia, PA

#27 Jan 19, 2014
of course you are right. And aluminum cookware is a tool of the devil!
Shawne

New York, NY

#28 Jan 20, 2014
Tao itness wrote:
of course you are right. And aluminum cookware is a tool of the devil!
The point that should be taken away from this conversation, is again Jehovah Witnesses are not part of a cult. If a person chooses to believe that Lie then let them do because we are seeing ones making changes who were once opposed to Jehovah Witnesses, who practice violence, etc. We have a bible example of Manasseh, he was one of the wickedest kings ever to rule Judah. Setting up altars to Baal,“he did on a grand scale what was bad in the eyes of Jehovah.” He made his sons pass through the fire, practiced magic, employed divination, promoted spiritistic practices, and shed innocent blood in great quantity. Manasseh was so bad that Jehovah had him taken in fetters to Babylon, one of the Assyrian monarch’s royal cities. While in captivity Manasseh repented, humbled himself, and begged Jehovah for forgiveness. God heard his request for favor and restored him to the kingship in Jerusalem. Manasseh then instituted reforms with a measure of success.—2 Chronicles 33:1-17. Manasseh changed , he chose not to do the things he was doing , things you see ones that are a part of a cult participate in.( some of them).
No one can judge Shedderick or anyone in his family because we don't know the details. One thing we can agree on is that the media isn't always a reliable source even when it comes down to the weather! We should keep this family in our prayers! The pain they are going though I know only Jehovah can get them thru this.
Yes it is true we as Jehovah Witnesses we are giving council not to have anything to do with violence because Psalms 5:6 says: "You will destroy those who speak lies. Jehovah detests violent and deceptive people." But we still don't know all of the circumstances with the Miller family. So we all have a choice we can judge, talk about Jehovah Witnesses and lie... Or we can take time to know the truth about them, and knowing the truth will not make you and automatic Jehovah Witness. We still need to keep the Miller family in our prayers, and help them anyway we can.
For more information please visit the website that Is made public to anyone and everyone (cults don't do that they are secretive ) www.jw.org
For the record

Raleigh, NC

#29 Jan 21, 2014
hMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has attacked your Uncle, this is a sad situation.
He needed help obviously and seeking mental health help from a professional is all but banned by the Jehovah's Witnesses.
The truth is this tragedy may have not have happened had your Uncle and Aunt not worshipped the WBTS, sad but true.
We need to learn from this, and family members outside the cult, need to know that Jehovah's Witness "elders" are dimwits with zero education to be counseling the depressed, or anyone else for that matter.
You should get your facts straight before commenting.... There is no banning of getting mental health help from professionals. No on worships the WBTS. Do you even know what the name Jehovah's Witness means? Jehovah is God's name, please educate yourself to this fact, so therefore they are witnesses' of Jehovah. Thus worship God and God only. Uneducated comments should be banned....
For the record

Raleigh, NC

#30 Jan 21, 2014
Tao itness wrote:
<quoted text>
Nearly every list that warns of high control, mind control cults, Jehovah's Witnesses are on them. There are professionals that have studied dangerous mind control cults for decades and there is scientific proof that these so called religions use certain tactics to manipulate people's minds and lives,to their detriment, and it is by using this criteria that Jehovah's Witnesses end up on nearly every watch list.
. Many studies have been done about the mental health of Jehovah's Witnesses along with other high control groups and Jehovah's Witnesses suffer from mental health issues, especially depression at several times the level of the world at large! These are facts that Jehovah's Witnesses choose not to look at and have been led to believe by their leaders that is a form of prejudice and persecution. Which is just another end game that leaders of Mind Control cults use to distance themselves from the fact that their tactics are damaging to people's lives, spirituality and mentaly.
Also Jehovah's Witnesses for decades were discouraged from seeking any type of psychiatric help, and it is still looked down upon to this day, however the leadership has loosened its stance on this quite a bit due to the large numbers of mental health issues, abuse, and suicides among Jehovah's Witnesses. Of course there first line of defense is to unlovingly tell their followers that they are the happiest people on earth,thus making those that do suffer from depression feel that something is wrong with them,which aggravates and exacerbates the problem exponentially! How ironic!
If you know so much about the religion, please enligten us on these mind control tactics you speak of. Everything believed and practiced is on a public site. Have you gone to any meetings?? Why tactics were employed while you were visiting?

Please share these supposed facts that Jehovah's Witnesses discourage psychiatric help. Surely you have proof to support your accusations.
hMMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#31 Jan 21, 2014
Tao itness wrote:
<quoted text>
It is scary that the leaders of the Jehovah's Witness cult, are now embracing handguns and no longer banning members from having them
Sadly the ban on counseling and therapy is still firmly in place.
Jehovah's Witnesses go to dimwitted "elders" who can barely read, never mind have any sort of actual education, "counsel" members.
There will no doubt be more sad events like this, as more Jehovah's Witnesses buy handguns.
Sad but true.
Trisha

New Baltimore, MI

#32 Jan 21, 2014
I have been one of JW for 24 years, and I have never heard that you cannot see a mental health provider. I am a registered nurse, and certainly would NEVER belong to a cult! I mean, king David had sexual relations with another man's wife, had that man sent to the front lines of combat ensuring that he would be killed. Judas betrayed God's son. What does THAT mean? Just because imperfect humans fail in Jehovah's true religion, doesn't mean we are not Jehovah's people. As a whole, we are faithful, unlike the Israelites, who lost Jehovah's favor because of disobedience. Nothing happens in Jehovah's orginazation that. Hasn't happened in the Bilble. Satan is like a roaring lion seeking to devour someone.....but he will not devour the entire worldwide association of peace loving brothers!!! After reading all of these foolish apostate comments, I can relate to how Jesus must have felt that prompted his words....."forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do."
Time Catches Up

Islandia, NY

#35 Jan 22, 2014
I knew him well. I won't say how I did but I knew him. Mental illness is DEFINITELY one reason. It is ALSO true that his demons from the past devoured him. That he was a Jehovah's Witness means nothing as he has gone though various religious incarnations. This just happens to be the latest. He could have ended up as a Muslim, Catholic, Black Israelite, Mormon, etc. Being a JW was his mask to hide ugly truths!!!! Material or professional success aside, he led a pathetic life that came to a pathetic end but I sincerely hope he is resting in peace. I hope there is a special place in heaven for his beautiful wife and children.
Unrighteous One

Lexington, SC

#36 Jan 22, 2014
Time Catches Up wrote:
I knew him well. I won't say how I did but I knew him. Mental illness is DEFINITELY one reason. It is ALSO true that his demons from the past devoured him. That he was a Jehovah's Witness means nothing as he has gone though various religious incarnations. This just happens to be the latest. He could have ended up as a Muslim, Catholic, Black Israelite, Mormon, etc. Being a JW was his mask to hide ugly truths!!!! Material or professional success aside, he led a pathetic life that came to a pathetic end but I sincerely hope he is resting in peace. I hope there is a special place in heaven for his beautiful wife and children.
Please reveal what you know. Revealing some of his demons may help others who are contemplating the same thing. The worst thing to happen to communities is not knowing why a tragedy occurred.
lizzy_lizzy

Columbia, SC

#37 Jan 23, 2014
Supremeliberal wrote:
This guy was a barber ,he texted his clients ,that he would be shutting down shop, i saw this guy house ,it is worth at least 250k, money problem could be the underling cause, how can one have a business and give so much time and effort to the Watchtower without having financial problem ,trying too keep up with the Jehovahs ,will put anybody in the poor house
Ummm..no! That house was def under $100K. I live close to that part of town. Houses in SC are cheap compared to other parts of the US.
Logcon

Langley, Canada

#38 Jan 23, 2014
does not matter wrote:
<quoted text>
80k or 250k, it doesn't matter when you can't afford it. Judging from the guys facebook he was rather flashy. They were newly married, and the wife was a stay-at-home mom. The guy owned a SMALL barbershop business which was new, and the house was purchased last year. They had just spent the holidays on a disney vacation. It seems like he tried hard, but just couldn't keep up with the Jones. I guess after so much bragging and flaunting on facebook, he deemed it too embarrassing to downsize.
In Vancouver, B.C. that house would run easily over $ 1.5 million and that is not the high end of town.

“Read God's Word”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#39 Jan 23, 2014
Dr SOS wrote:
Folks,
JWS ARE ALLOWED TO SEE MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
WITH A CATCH,
IF THE MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL,THERAPIST,PSYCHOL OGIST SAYS ONE NEGATIVE THING ABOUT THE JWS RELIGION OR BELIEF SYSTEM
THE JW IS OUT THE DOOR.
LOL.
As you well know, dr., I have not been answering you of late. But I can tell you that what you say above is not true. A good therapist (not like you) knows how to treat patients with truth, gentleness, and kindness -- but moreso with TRUTH. Which I notice you don't do, so if you were the therapist, yes, I'd leave you if I could unless, of course, remanded by the state. I know that what you are saying above is not true.

But you did bring out a good point before about "persecution." When a person is being persecuted, he is under attack. There are bullies in the schoolyard, bullies on the internet (topix, for example, allows bullying), and bullies in other forms of life. Now if a person is arrested and taken into "custody," their life is no longer their own to a large degree. No, a prisoner cannot always cry persecution, sometimes they can and I'm not just speaking of those arrested for their religious beliefs, but once a prisoner, he cannot easily escape to what most persons would consider freedom.

“Read God's Word”

Location hidden

#40 Jan 23, 2014
Time Catches Up wrote:
It is a tragedy. God understands. He knows more than we do. He knows more about us and others. He does not make people suffer after they die. If it is God's will for this poor man to be resurrected, he will be. So will his wife and children. It is a terrible thing that happened. God can and will call them back if it His will. He will not judge them on their past deeds.
hMMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#41 Jan 23, 2014
Trisha wrote:
I have been one of JW for 24 years, and I have never heard that you cannot see a mental health provider. I am a registered nurse, and certainly would NEVER belong to a cult! I mean, king David had sexual relations with another man's wife, had that man sent to the front lines of combat ensuring that he would be killed. Judas betrayed God's son. What does THAT mean? Just because imperfect humans fail in Jehovah's true religion, doesn't mean we are not Jehovah's people. As a whole, we are faithful, unlike the Israelites, who lost Jehovah's favor because of disobedience. Nothing happens in Jehovah's orginazation that. Hasn't happened in the Bilble. Satan is like a roaring lion seeking to devour someone.....but he will not devour the entire worldwide association of peace loving brothers!!! After reading all of these foolish apostate comments, I can relate to how Jesus must have felt that prompted his words....."forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do."
RN? Really?
What do you do when your job entails administrating a blood transfusion??
I knew no actual RNs when I was in the CULT, knew lots of "medical assistants" which requires no college degree, who called themselves "nurses" though.

“Read God's Word”

Location hidden

#44 Jan 23, 2014
Dr SOS wrote:
<quoted text>"he is under attack"
TOO FUNNY,
LIKE THE ONE THAT GETS DFED FOR DISAGREEING WITH 8 old men AND THE WHOLE FAMILY AND SOCIAL NETWORK OF JWS SHUNS THEM.
YUP.
"He is under attack"
LOL
You have no idea what attack or persecution really means then. And, doc, I'm not going into much detail with you because it's clear you are not a good therapist.:-)
Here's why: social shunning is about selective social companionship and it is a biblical principle, righteous. It happens all the time in every walk of life and every culture.

“Read God's Word”

Location hidden

#45 Jan 23, 2014
Dr SOS wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I AGREE WITH YOU THAT A GOOD THERAPIST WILL NOT EVEN BRING UP RELIGION.
BUT YOU AND I BOTH KNOW THAT IF A THERAPIST EVEN HINTED ABOUT A JWS BELIEF SYSTEM CAUSING TROUBLE IN THEIR LIVES THE JW WOULD BE ...
OUT....
THE....
DOOR.
YOU KNOW IT
AND I PERSONALLY KNOW IT FOR A "FACT".
You are a bonafide certified therapist, lol? Or were you the one that "walked out the door"? Factually speaking, of course.
(Nope, I don't "know it" like you think you know it or you think I know it. But I am telling you
You
Are
Wrong.
You can say you're right, but the only rightness would be your experience, not everyone's experience.)

“Read God's Word”

Location hidden

#46 Jan 23, 2014
Dr SOS wrote:
<quoted text>"he is under attack"
TOO FUNNY,
LIKE THE ONE THAT GETS DFED FOR DISAGREEING WITH 8 old men AND THE WHOLE FAMILY AND SOCIAL NETWORK OF JWS SHUNS THEM.
YUP.
"He is under attack"
LOL
Oh, let me see where I said he is under attack.

I said, "But you did bring out a good point before about "persecution." When a person is being persecuted, he is under attack."

Oh, there I said it. When a person is being persecuted, he is under attack. Yes, I said it.

LOL.

I was speaking about physical attack, incarceration, bullying, slander, lies, legal attack, and things like that. Rapes, acid throwing in a young girl's face because she wanted to go to school, such as what is going on in the middle eastern countries as a religious pursuit. I won't go into detail, God sees EVERYTHING. The Catholics WERE persecuted in many parts of the world. Not mere shunning. Catholics persecuted Protestants in many parts of the world. Not mere shunning when you consider murder, hacking a person of another religion to death or a dissenter tearing them to pieces. Muslims persecute others, and are persecuted in many cases, and so forth. Sanctions by governments are put upon other countries. A form of punishment. North Korean has its form of punishment. So they ARE being persecuted, under attack, not MERELY by social shunning, but often by far more than shunning. Stoning, killing, imprisonment for their beliefs under harsh circumstances. If shunning were only it, better off the world could be.

Many therapists are prejudiced or insensitive. Some of them are more tolerant, better at their jobs and understand religion is a very delicate issue. Yes, once a therapist makes an issue of religion, it's time for the "patient" to leave.
Tao itness

Philadelphia, PA

#51 Jan 23, 2014
For the record wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know so much about the religion, please enligten us on these mind control tactics you speak of. Everything believed and practiced is on a public site. Have you gone to any meetings?? Why tactics were employed while you were visiting?
Please share these supposed facts that Jehovah's Witnesses discourage psychiatric help. Surely you have proof to support your accusations.
I was a JW for 30 years. As much as we were told we were the happiest people on earth, not only myself but a large percentage of witnesses I knew suffered from a plethora of mental health issues especially depression.
A critically important concept for one of Jehovah's Witnesses to realise is that they are not unique; neither in doctrinal beliefs, displays of love or techniques of control. The main indicators of mind control is any group that maintains;

leadership deserves strict, unquestioning obedience
they alone are unique in teaching truth
salvation is only possible through association with the group
dissenters must be strictly shunned
Sites dedicated to cult awareness suggest that there are over 3,000 organizations in America alone that fit such descriptions and 10,000 globally. These range from groups with a handful of followers, to those with millions. The Watchtower Society perfectly aligns with this description and as such is classified as a "high control group" appearing on most cult awareness lists.
Time Catches Up

Islandia, NY

#52 Jan 24, 2014
Unrighteous One wrote:
<quoted text>
Please reveal what you know. Revealing some of his demons may help others who are contemplating the same thing. The worst thing to happen to communities is not knowing why a tragedy occurred.
You guys are talking about religion. That is a non-essential fact in this case. People who are mentally ill seek religions with rigid rules to discipline their unstable minds. He did that time and time again.

I want to respect his family who is grieving by not going into detail about what I know. All I will say is he committed a series of UNchristian acts and he was aware that he was about to legally deal with the consequences of only one them. It was a heinous one. HEINOUS! It is coming out, though probably not to the media.
hMMMMMM

Farmington, UT

#53 Jan 25, 2014
Time Catches Up wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are talking about religion. That is a non-essential fact in this case. People who are mentally ill seek religions with rigid rules to discipline their unstable minds. He did that time and time again.
I want to respect his family who is grieving by not going into detail about what I know. All I will say is he committed a series of UNchristian acts and he was aware that he was about to legally deal with the consequences of only one them. It was a heinous one. HEINOUS! It is coming out, though probably not to the media.
The Jehovah's Witnesses are not a religion, they are a cult.
Their leaders dictate members every minute of the day, from how they must eat to how they have sex with their spouses.
Nothing is done without permission of cult leaders.
Most members are mentally/emotionally ill, the fact they are now embracing handguns will only lead to more horrific events like this one.
Swindling is allowed as long as the leaders get a kickback, members are brainwashed that these crimes help "God"
The poor children, they are truly the innocents here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 9 dead in S.C. shooting at historic black churc... (Jun '15) Jan 13 Loveeveryone 330
s.c. dss a story that must be told!!!! (Jan '06) Jan 12 concerned 888
Moving to South Carolina? Jan 6 Gyorgy Szoros 3
News Study: South Carolina drivers ranked third wors... Jan 5 SeaShells 2
News US deportations of illegal immigrants up 2 percent Jan 2 Wildchild 2
News SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Dec 30 treetop 1,184
Wake up Dec 29 All American 1
More from around the web