Sheddrick Miller-Kia Von Miller: Jehovah's Witness murder-suicide

Jan 17, 2014 Full story: Examiner.com 118

The New York Daily News is reporting today that a Jehovah's Witness family was found dead in their South Carolina home in an apparent murder-suicide.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Supremeliberal

Lufkin, TX

#1 Jan 17, 2014
We have a public side ,that we like too present in public ,but we also a side us that some of us are afraid to expose too the public,this guy should spared the lives of his wife and children ,lots of men feel ,if they cannot have thier wives ,no other man will have her,i not saying that was it,His personal demons got the best of him,lots of Jehovah Witness bring members into thier foes,and they are still dealing with Demons ,that did not vanquish before becoming a Jehovah Witness
Supremeliberal

Lufkin, TX

#2 Jan 17, 2014
This guy was a barber ,he texted his clients ,that he would be shutting down shop, i saw this guy house ,it is worth at least 250k, money problem could be the underling cause, how can one have a business and give so much time and effort to the Watchtower without having financial problem ,trying too keep up with the Jehovahs ,will put anybody in the poor house
Unrighteous One

Lexington, SC

#3 Jan 17, 2014
Supremeliberal wrote:
This guy was a barber ,he texted his clients ,that he would be shutting down shop, i saw this guy house ,it is worth at least 250k, money problem could be the underling cause, how can one have a business and give so much time and effort to the Watchtower without having financial problem ,trying too keep up with the Jehovahs ,will put anybody in the poor house
It is obvious you do not live in SC. That was not a 250K house, nor close to it. You can get a house like that in his area for about 80K. Please stop speculating.
does not matter

Opelika, AL

#4 Jan 18, 2014
Unrighteous One wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious you do not live in SC. That was not a 250K house, nor close to it. You can get a house like that in his area for about 80K. Please stop speculating.
80k or 250k, it doesn't matter when you can't afford it. Judging from the guys facebook he was rather flashy. They were newly married, and the wife was a stay-at-home mom. The guy owned a SMALL barbershop business which was new, and the house was purchased last year. They had just spent the holidays on a disney vacation. It seems like he tried hard, but just couldn't keep up with the Jones. I guess after so much bragging and flaunting on facebook, he deemed it too embarrassing to downsize.
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#5 Jan 18, 2014
"But, Sheddrick Miller kept a gun in the home which goes against the teachings of the Witnesses."
Who planted that one??
Florida N. comes on this forum all the time bragging that he not only has a handgun but that he is a huge devotee of concealed carry, he is a Jehovah's Witness and is give the "privilege" of being given the title of 'ministerial servant"
The public should know that the whack-a-doo trespassing on their private property, where their children are playing, not only may have a criminal record, but may also be packing heat.

How sad that the only actual news headlines Jehovah's witnesses make are gruesome ones like this.
The article fails to mention that Jehovah's Witnesses look at death as merely "sleeping" until they wake up in the fairytale wonderland "the new system".
Gee could that be why their murder-suicide" rates are so high??
No brainer on that one.
Joe

Overland Park, KS

#6 Jan 18, 2014
Some Jehovah's Witness though not to serve in the military can and do keep guns for hunting. Their doing so does not beak any of the rules by the Watchtower Society's Governing Body who determine beliefs.
RIP auntie Kia

Columbia, SC

#7 Jan 18, 2014
All of you are wrong and are only outsiders looking in. I do not know what caused my uncle to to this, but it does NOT have ANYTHING to do with his religion. Name calling is not mature,nor is it the right thing to be doing at this time, not while we are mourning the loss of someone. It's fine not to believe in something, but if we are not pushing it on you, then there is no need to insult it.
For those of you,looking in on the outside,those of you who know apostates and THINK you know what is going on,kindly be quiet and move on to something else. You don't know anything and you spreading lies and untruths hurt people.
They were a wonderful family. I lost two little cousins
And you know what's "sad"?
That there were lives lost and instead of people trying to figure out the real reason why,they speculate and say nasty things.
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#8 Jan 18, 2014
Joe wrote:
Some Jehovah's Witness though not to serve in the military can and do keep guns for hunting. Their doing so does not beak any of the rules by the Watchtower Society's Governing Body who determine beliefs.
Florida Native proves that Jehovah's Witness keep handguns meant to murder, and he carries a concealed handgun, again meant to murder.
Jehovah's Witnesses will murder when it is convenient for them, they just won't give back to society in the form of Armed Service because they take and don't give.
The Governing Body are leaders of the Jehovah's Witness cult and demand all thought control, the military would break that control, wouldn't it?
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#9 Jan 18, 2014
RIP auntie Kia wrote:
All of you are wrong and are only outsiders looking in. I do not know what caused my uncle to to this, but it does NOT have ANYTHING to do with his religion. Name calling is not mature,nor is it the right thing to be doing at this time, not while we are mourning the loss of someone. It's fine not to believe in something, but if we are not pushing it on you, then there is no need to insult it.
For those of you,looking in on the outside,those of you who know apostates and THINK you know what is going on,kindly be quiet and move on to something else. You don't know anything and you spreading lies and untruths hurt people.
They were a wonderful family. I lost two little cousins
And you know what's "sad"?
That there were lives lost and instead of people trying to figure out the real reason why,they speculate and say nasty things.
Nobody has attacked your Uncle, this is a sad situation.
He needed help obviously and seeking mental health help from a professional is all but banned by the Jehovah's Witnesses.
The truth is this tragedy may have not have happened had your Uncle and Aunt not worshipped the WBTS, sad but true.
We need to learn from this, and family members outside the cult, need to know that Jehovah's Witness "elders" are dimwits with zero education to be counseling the depressed, or anyone else for that matter.
Supremeliberal

Lufkin, TX

#10 Jan 18, 2014
Hmmm , my heart goes out to the family that lost thier loves one ,even though i did know them,but if Jehovah Witness do not deal with thing like this internally and keep sweeping it under the rug,it will be an ongoing thing ,Jehovah Witness keeping all this emotion bottle up inside till they explode with anger
what happened then

Phenix City, AL

#11 Jan 18, 2014
RIP auntie Kia wrote:
All of you are wrong and are only outsiders looking in. I do not know what caused my uncle to to this, but it does NOT have ANYTHING to do with his religion. Name calling is not mature,nor is it the right thing to be doing at this time, not while we are mourning the loss of someone. It's fine not to believe in something, but if we are not pushing it on you, then there is no need to insult it.
For those of you,looking in on the outside,those of you who know apostates and THINK you know what is going on,kindly be quiet and move on to something else. You don't know anything and you spreading lies and untruths hurt people.
They were a wonderful family. I lost two little cousins
And you know what's "sad"?
That there were lives lost and instead of people trying to figure out the real reason why,they speculate and say nasty things.
I am sorry for your loss. This is a very tragic situation, but there is no need for you to get angry with anyone that has posted here. We have seen many pictures of this beautiful family, we have read comments from people like you that knew them, and we can't wrap our minds around it. Even though you're family, you're on the outside looking in like we are, and you don't know what happened either. It is wrong to attack people and assume only because of their religious beliefs, but from other articles, it seemed like he was a flashy guy that bit off more than he can chew. We all have our opinions, but its not to inflict any more pain, we just want to understand. He was your uncle, but from what you and everyone else has said, it could've been my uncle.
hMMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#12 Jan 18, 2014
Supremeliberal wrote:
Hmmm , my heart goes out to the family that lost thier loves one ,even though i did know them,but if Jehovah Witness do not deal with thing like this internally and keep sweeping it under the rug,it will be an ongoing thing ,Jehovah Witness keeping all this emotion bottle up inside till they explode with anger
Things will never change because the WBTS' governing demons only care about the Almighty Dollar.
They don't care when children of members are systematically being sexually abused by their policies and they don't care when members murder their families and commit suicide.
They are evil to the core.
hMMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#13 Jan 18, 2014
RIP auntie Kia wrote:
All of you are wrong and are only outsiders looking in. I do not know what caused my uncle to to this, but it does NOT have ANYTHING to do with his religion. Name calling is not mature,nor is it the right thing to be doing at this time, not while we are mourning the loss of someone. It's fine not to believe in something, but if we are not pushing it on you, then there is no need to insult it.
For those of you,looking in on the outside,those of you who know apostates and THINK you know what is going on,kindly be quiet and move on to something else. You don't know anything and you spreading lies and untruths hurt people.
They were a wonderful family. I lost two little cousins
And you know what's "sad"?
That there were lives lost and instead of people trying to figure out the real reason why,they speculate and say nasty things.
Prayers to you and your family.
sad

Sylacauga, AL

#15 Jan 18, 2014
Dr SOS wrote:
No one knows EXACTLY why this man did what he did,
WHAT IS MORE SUSPECT THAN ANYTHING IS WHAT EXACTLY WAS GOING THROUGH HIS MIND WHEN HE DID THIS?
I HAVE A FEELING THAT WHAT WAS GOING THROUGH HIS MIND HAD TO DO WITH EITHER:
JEHOVAH
ARMEGEDDON
SATAN
THE WORLD
PARADISE EARTH
Or THE COMBINATION OF ALL 5.
THE REASONS "WHY" HE DID IT WILL NEVER BE KNOWN.
BUT WE CAN GET AN IDEA WHAT WAS GOING ON THROUGH HIS HEAD BASED UPON BEING AN ACTIVE JW.
FACE IT,
AS AN ACTIVE JW THE MAJORITY OF YOUR LIFE AND THOUGHTS ARE BASED UPON THE JW BELIEF SYSTEM.
NO GETTING AROUND THIS "FACT"
All I was ever taught about Jehova Witnesses was to NEVER let them in my house, and it wasn't because they were bad or anything, our parents just didn't want us to get confused. In light of this tragedy, I read in the comments on another site that JWs are discouraged from talking about problems, and expected to be prosperous, also, someone mentioned that they didn't believe in hell, and they thought of death as a long sleep. Someone else mentioned that tragedies such as this is common with JWs because of those ideas listed. I hope those things aren't true. I know that media outlets have been sure to include the fact that they were "devout Jehova's Witnesses".

Whether it's being a morom, Jehova's Witness, muslim, Jew, catholic, methodist, or baptist, there are so many times where it seems that religious beliefs have done more harm than good. All of those organizations have different doctrines, but praying and waiting is a common practice with all of them. Nothing wrong with praying and having faith, but it won't hurt to talk to professionals or ask other people for help. According to reports, this was a new family with a big new house, some people really are ashamed to admit that they've made a mistake or need help. It's a lot of pressure. I have been to churches where they make you feel like if things you pray for don't come to pass, you're doing something wrong or you don't have faith. Also, many of these people blame EVERYTHING on the devil, sometimes people just need love and help, not judgement and shame.
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#16 Jan 19, 2014
sad wrote:
<quoted text>
All I was ever taught about Jehova Witnesses was to NEVER let them in my house, and it wasn't because they were bad or anything, our parents just didn't want us to get confused. In light of this tragedy, I read in the comments on another site that JWs are discouraged from talking about problems, and expected to be prosperous, also, someone mentioned that they didn't believe in hell, and they thought of death as a long sleep. Someone else mentioned that tragedies such as this is common with JWs because of those ideas listed. I hope those things aren't true. I know that media outlets have been sure to include the fact that they were "devout Jehova's Witnesses".
Whether it's being a morom, Jehova's Witness, muslim, Jew, catholic, methodist, or baptist, there are so many times where it seems that religious beliefs have done more harm than good. All of those organizations have different doctrines, but praying and waiting is a common practice with all of them. Nothing wrong with praying and having faith, but it won't hurt to talk to professionals or ask other people for help. According to reports, this was a new family with a big new house, some people really are ashamed to admit that they've made a mistake or need help. It's a lot of pressure. I have been to churches where they make you feel like if things you pray for don't come to pass, you're doing something wrong or you don't have faith. Also, many of these people blame EVERYTHING on the devil, sometimes people just need love and help, not judgement and shame.
This man obviously needed professional mental health, instead he went to a dimwitted uneducated twit, called an "elder"
The WBTS once again has blood on its hands.
The governing demons do not care, they will change no policy.
Your parents were smart to warn you to stay away from Jehovah's witnesses or any other cult, they go for the throat when people are vulnerable, that is the best time to recruit new members.
Toss

Roebling, NJ

#17 Jan 19, 2014
I knew seddy for over 25 years this was not in his character at all,there has to be answers this man was full of life who loved his family this man loved life,that's all he Ever showed,I mean really that's all,he will be missed,god bless he and his family's soul,let us all pray!!!
Rosa

Iselin, NJ

#18 Jan 19, 2014
We can only wonder about the lesson in the short life of two innocent children. Self hatred, depression or perhaps a combination. Clearly, some type of instability as why would his mom we worried not hearing from him in several days.
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#19 Jan 19, 2014
Toss wrote:
I knew seddy for over 25 years this was not in his character at all,there has to be answers this man was full of life who loved his family this man loved life,that's all he Ever showed,I mean really that's all,he will be missed,god bless he and his family's soul,let us all pray!!!
Sounds like the family might have lived had Seddy gone against Jehovah's Witness doctrine and gotten professional help.
Lots of blood on the hands of the evil governing demons that rule the Jehovah's witnesses.
Shawne

New York, NY

#20 Jan 19, 2014
It's really said that in the news articles about this, there were other people who took the lives of there children and then themselves but at that time religion wasn't mentioned. When the paper found out that this family could be a Jehovah's Witness or associated with ones that's all that is said.
Also you have facts that's aren't true.
1. We are a cult, do you really know what one is?
2. That we can't seek medical attention for depression. Again this fact is not true!!
When I hear ones who use to serve Jehovah and they don't ( speaking of the one making a comment)
I will not speak with them but for more information go to JW.org

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#23 Jan 19, 2014
Shawne wrote:
It's really said that in the news articles about this, there were other people who took the lives of there children and then themselves but at that time religion wasn't mentioned. When the paper found out that this family could be a Jehovah's Witness or associated with ones that's all that is said.
Also you have facts that's aren't true.
1. We are a cult, do you really know what one is?
2. That we can't seek medical attention for depression. Again this fact is not true!!
When I hear ones who use to serve Jehovah and they don't ( speaking of the one making a comment)
I will not speak with them but for more information go to JW.org
that is probably because the image that JW display is one of peace, and being in this spiritual paradise, they go from door to door running down all other religions and only theirs is one of peace and love and unity and so forth, so when JW make the headlines its because of their own doing, no one elses'

I mean you don't mind all the good bits in the media about JW do you, like the assemblies and how they keep the centre clean and so forth, and other things, but something that is not to your liking you take a different tone.

Muslims are also highlighted for their religion , not just the JW, so has the scientologists, and Mormons, the Amish, and seven day Adventists.

You see what the neighbours said, that they were shocked because they appeared to be such a happy together family, the mother checked in because she had not heard from the family in days, so she obviously knew there was a problem, perhaps then the elders may have known also.

JW have to pretend they happy, joyful and together not like others that are miserable, but as it has been the case with others, there is a high amount of mental illness of JW, its not uncommon as you think, not all cases by the way make it on the front page, but this was a case of murder, suicide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
s.c. dss a story that must be told!!!! (Jan '06) Nov 21 Angela 770
1st gay marriage licenses issued in South Carolina Nov 20 NorCal Native 26
Couple asks that gay marriages proceed in SC Nov 20 Rainbow Kid with ... 13
Gov. Nikki Haley stirring up India's interest i... Nov 19 Jatt 2
Jimmy dale Maynard (Dec '12) Nov 18 mee 2
Juan Williams: 'Real Racism' Is Liberals' Dismi... Nov 18 Jacory Latimer 8
1st black Union soldiers remembered in DC exhibit (Sep '13) Nov 16 enforce FARA 3

South Carolina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE