South Carolina voter ID rules are rejected

Full story: HeraldNet 7
The Justice Department on Friday rejected South Carolina's law requiring voters to show photo identification at the polls, saying it makes it harder for minorities to cast ballots. Full Story
Nobama Pick

Kansas City, MO

#1 Dec 25, 2011
Gee I wonder if it could be the Judge was appointed by Obama?
richott2

Longs, SC

#2 Dec 26, 2011
If the federal government thinks that a picture I.D. for voters is bias because it would prevent all the illegal aliens from voting for Obama, then why do I need a picture on my passport, drivers license or have to show a picture I.D. when board an airplane a train or use a credit card and go to a bank to cash a check, the attorney general that has determined that the picture I.D. for voters is bias then I think he is bias bigot and the judge should be removed from the bench for being prejudice against states for passing laws that require picture I.D's.
White House

Omaha, NE

#3 Dec 26, 2011
richott2 wrote:
If the federal government thinks that a picture I.D. for voters is bias because it would prevent all the illegal aliens from voting for Obama, then why do I need a picture on my passport, drivers license or have to show a picture I.D. when board an airplane a train or use a credit card and go to a bank to cash a check, the attorney general that has determined that the picture I.D. for voters is bias then I think he is bias bigot and the judge should be removed from the bench for being prejudice against states for passing laws that require picture I.D's.
You can't get in the W.H. without a photo ID.

“RelaxEverythingW illBeAllright”

Since: Mar 11

Wichita, KS

#4 Dec 26, 2011
When the Republicans defend not making E-Verify mandatory, they defend their position by claiming that it would be unfair to poor people who cannot afford ID. When they defend their position on voter ID, they claim that showing an ID to vote is not unreasonable. Republicans defend the rich as they tell the poor to bend over and take it like a man.

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#5 Dec 29, 2011
the court said that SC had not shown any negative effects of NOT having mandatory IDs. yet the state showed that more than 100,000 votes had been determined to have been either dead people or people who have moved to another state. what is so difficult to understand about this problem? the dems want to count all of these fake votes. bottom line!

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#6 Dec 29, 2011
Cars have to have IDs and so do the drivers.
AG Will Appeal

Omaha, NE

#7 Jan 1, 2012
Jack from Bedias wrote:
Cars have to have IDs and so do the drivers.
The SC Attorney General stated, he'll be appealing this!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Sep '14 Very Interesting 1,153
Michigan GOP Eyes March 2016 Presidential Primary Sep '14 Pray4us 1
Judge: Pistorius can't be found guilty of murder Sep '14 LOLOL 2
Rabbi Shmuley Boteach: Tiger's Courageous Confe... (Feb '10) Aug '14 boteach banksters 2
SC corrections dept. identifies inmates in rap ... May '14 Positivep 1
SC Sen. Graham avoids big re-election challenge May '14 swedenforever 14
Mark Sanford settles ex-wife trespassing disput... (May '13) Apr '14 swedenforever 73

South Carolina Government People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE