South Carolina voter ID gets judges' ...

South Carolina voter ID gets judges' scrutiny

There are 7 comments on the WHDH story from Sep 24, 2012, titled South Carolina voter ID gets judges' scrutiny. In it, WHDH reports that:

South Carolina is in federal court arguing that its new law requiring people prove their identity at the polls won't make voting so tough that it reduces turnout of African-Americans, Hispanics and other minorities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHDH.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 Sep 24, 2012
Once again the GOPasaurs couldn't provide ANY proof of ANY voter fraud, yet they claim this law is to prevent all that voter fraud which they couldn't prove exists.

I guess it's just a happy coincidence that the majority of those without state approved IDs just happen to be minorities who vote overwhelmingly for the Dems........

It's not the INTENT of the law which matters, but rather the EFFECT of the law. And if the EFFECT is that it disproportionately affects minorities ability to vote, then it violates the Voting Rights Act.

But since the panel of judges is majority republican, I suspect they'll uphold this law.
Lonewolf

Leesville, SC

#2 Sep 24, 2012
It shouldn't affect minorities unless they're too ignorant to understand it's prudent to carry a picture I.D. at all times.ACORN is reason enough to believe that massive voter fraud took place,or obama wouldn't be in office today.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#3 Sep 24, 2012
Republicans want to suppress voters rights in order to win in politics. Republicans can not win on a level playing field so they turn to cheating to win.

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

#4 Sep 24, 2012
Lonewolf wrote:
It shouldn't affect minorities unless they're too ignorant to understand it's prudent to carry a picture I.D. at all times.ACORN is reason enough to believe that massive voter fraud took place,or obama wouldn't be in office today.
Oh please, get off your racist high horse. You probably scream about government intrusion in our lives but the ultimate government intrusion is to have to have identification.

How in doG's name is ACORN proof of massive voter fraud? Sheesh.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#5 Sep 24, 2012
Republicans suppression of voters rights is more republican racism.
see the light

United States

#6 Sep 24, 2012
Tony wrote:
Republicans want to suppress voters rights in order to win in politics. Republicans can not win on a level playing field so they turn to cheating to win.
By voters-you mean Illegal Aliens. Thats Democrats winning method.
imaginaryfriend

Sterling Heights, MI

#7 Sep 25, 2012
Judge: scrutinize ALEC at alecexposed.org and you'll see clearly that repugnants colluded to restrict American voters their rights to vote. PERIOD. Repugnants know their policies are extreme, so they are doing their best to subvert our democracy. Each and every Repug governor and repugnant state legislator needs to be arrested, if they were part of ALEC's criminal activity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News South Carolinaa s poor take a hit in Trump budg... May 27 Mary Banco 1
News Former SC Gov. Sanford engaged to ex-mistress (Aug '12) May '17 Edinboro College ... 14
News Mississippi, Tennessee debate future of Confede... (Jun '15) Apr '17 Truth 19
News SC corrections dept. identifies inmates in rap ... (May '14) Apr '17 Kimkin 2
News Backyard gardening makes comeback - Mar '17 Texxy the Indepen... 1
News SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Dec '16 treetop 1,184
News Mike Huckabee defends South Carolina against ra... (Jun '15) Nov '16 Geezer Files 101
More from around the web