Voter ID amendment faces federal scrutiny

Dec 28, 2011 Full story: Newms360.com

Mississippi officials are confident the state's new voter ID constitutional amendment will pass muster despite the Justice Department's rejection of a similar South Carolina law requiring voters to show photo identification at the polls.

Full Story
Crazy

Stamford, CT

#1 Dec 28, 2011
What's wrong with preventing voter Fraud?????
rider

Gwinn, MI

#2 Dec 28, 2011
Young people often ask me whether I would recommend that they apply for a job at the CIA. I used to say,'Only if you have high degrees of integrity and courage.' Now I tell them that when they are asked to sign the secrecy agreement, they should emulate President George W. Bush by adding a signing statement -- the same kind of disclaimer the President issues when he signs legislation. Theirs might read,'None of the above shall be construed as impinging on the undersigned's duty under U.S. and international law....'" --Ray McGovern, former CIA analyst, Time magazine, 1 May 2006
"A great deal of the success of the CIA is due to its ability to attract patriotic, good soldiers who believe in the general rightness of what they do, and then insulate them through compartmentalization from the heavier activities." --John Stockwell, former CIA Chief of the Angola Task Force, The Praetorian Guard: The U.S. Role in the New World Order
"Everything is compartmentalized in the government. You're given an order:'OK. You're going to take this from point A to point B.' That's all you know. You don't know the big picture. You're just operational, at operational level, doing things that you're made to do." --Jesse Ventura, former Governor of Minnesota, relating his experience as a U.S. Navy SEAL, interviewed on the Opie and Anthony Show, 8 April 2008
"A need to know operation is central, not only to the CIA, but for organized crime or anything else. The information is imparted to individuals on a need to know basis. If you try to inquire, just one time, if you show some curiosity, just one time, as to what is going on, then you won't be around. You'll either be dead, or you'll be ostracized. Not only is it isolation from top to bottom, but latterly as well." --Chaucey Holt, CIA contract agent and Mafia associate (also identified as one of the "three tramps" photographed in Dealey Plaza), interviewed by John Craig, Phillip Rogers and Gary Shaw for Newsweek magazine, 19 October 1991
"We were conditioned by childhood experiences to believe that these were noble and right things to do -- defending our country from the evils of this, that, and the other.... At the lower levels in the CIA, they keep the conditioning going -- the cover stories. You donít talk punk talk, you donít talk goon talk, you donít send a cable to headquarters saying,'send me out an assassin to knock off somebody.' If you did, youíd get put down, youíd get reprimanded. It's all very high minded. There is some doublespeak and at a certain level, operations are killing people -- certainly. But, especially for the younger officers, they keep the myths going." --John Stockwell, former CIA Chief of the Angola Task Force, in a lecture given at American University entitled, Secret Wars of the CIA, 3 November 1989
"It's called in the intelligence lexicon,'plausible deniability.' If they [CIA hired guns] perform actions that might embarrass the United States government, they can be denied [as being employed by the government]." --William Leary, Merton Coulter Professor of History and winner of the Central Intelligence Agency's Studies in Intelligence Award, interviewed in the documentary, Air America: The CIA's Secret Airline
http://ciaschool.tripod.com/

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#3 Jan 1, 2012
rider wrote:
Young people often ask me whether I would recommend that they apply for a job at the CIA. I used to say,'Only if you have high degrees of integrity and courage.' Now I tell them that when they are asked to sign the secrecy agreement, they should emulate President George W. Bush by adding a signing statement -- the same kind of disclaimer the President issues when he signs legislation. Theirs might read,'None of the above shall be construed as impinging on the undersigned's duty under U.S. and international law....'" --Ray McGovern, former CIA analyst, Time magazine, 1 May 2006
"A great deal of the success of the CIA is due to its ability to attract patriotic, good soldiers who believe in the general rightness of what they do, and then insulate them through compartmentalization from the heavier activities." --John Stockwell, former CIA Chief of the Angola Task Force, The Praetorian Guard: The U.S. Role in the New World Order
"Everything is compartmentalized in the government. You're given an order:'OK. You're going to take this from point A to point B.' That's all you know. You don't know the big picture. You're just operational, at operational level, doing things that you're made to do." --Jesse Ventura, former Governor of Minnesota, relating his experience as a U.S. Navy SEAL, interviewed on the Opie and Anthony Show, 8 April 2008
"A need to know operation is central, not only to the CIA, but for organized crime or anything else. The information is imparted to individuals on a need to know basis. If you try to inquire, just one time, if you show some curiosity, just one time, as to what is going on, then you won't be around. You'll either be dead, or you'll be ostracized. Not only is it isolation from top to bottom, but latterly as well." --Chaucey Holt, CIA contract agent and Mafia associate (also identified as one of the "three tramps" photographed in Dealey Plaza), interviewed by John Craig, Phillip Rogers and Gary Shaw for Newsweek magazine, 19 October 1991
"We were conditioned by childhood experiences to believe that these were noble and right things to do -- defending our country from the evils of this, that, and the other.... At the lower levels in the CIA, they keep the conditioning going -- the cover stories. You donít talk punk talk, you donít talk goon talk, you donít send a cable to headquarters saying,'send me out an assassin to knock off somebody.' If you did, youíd get put down, youíd get reprimanded. It's all very high minded. There is some doublespeak and at a certain level, operations are killing people -- certainly. But, especially for the younger officers, they keep the myths going." --John Stockwell, former CIA Chief of the Angola Task Force, in a lecture given at American University entitled, Secret Wars of the CIA, 3 November 1989
"It's called in the intelligence lexicon,'plausible deniability.' If they [CIA hired guns] perform actions that might embarrass the United States government, they can be denied [as being employed by the government]." --William Leary, Merton Coulter Professor of History and winner of the Central Intelligence Agency's Studies in Intelligence Award, interviewed in the documentary, Air America: The CIA's Secret Airline
http://ciaschool.tripod.com/
www.EatACrapSandwich.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Dec 13 Vietnam Veteran 1,155
Michigan GOP Eyes March 2016 Presidential Primary Sep '14 Pray4us 1
Judge: Pistorius can't be found guilty of murder Sep '14 LOLOL 2
Rabbi Shmuley Boteach: Tiger's Courageous Confe... (Feb '10) Aug '14 boteach banksters 2
SC corrections dept. identifies inmates in rap ... (May '14) May '14 Positivep 1
SC Sen. Graham avoids big re-election challenge (May '14) May '14 swedenforever 14
Mark Sanford settles ex-wife trespassing disput... (May '13) Apr '14 swedenforever 73
More from around the web