Their View: Democratic Party union owned and operated

There are 20 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 17, 2011, titled Their View: Democratic Party union owned and operated. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

"Shovel-ready was not as shovel-ready as we expected," observed President Obama this week, enjoying a nice chuckle about the unhappy fate of his near-$1 trillion stimulus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ex- El Paso resident

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Jun 17, 2011
Obama needs Unions and Illegals that he gives citzenship to to win the election (the only thing he cares about).

The silent majority will be out in full force come 2012 and seeing the specific benefits he gives certian folks at the cost to others will drive many decisions.

Enjoy your retirement Obamam. It will be coming sooner than you think.
Reality

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Jun 17, 2011
Mr Krauthammer somehow links the auto bailouts ( 75% of jobs saved were non union ) with a failure to export.
U S auto exports in 2010 went over 150 billion.( my guess is that number would be smaller if 2 out of 3 didn't exist)( even with Krauthammer math )

"Boeing adds 2000 union positions".... "responce to market conditions" I love it when he contradicts one argument to bolster another.

Union power has been shrinking since 1949, Yet in Krauthammer world they elected President Obama, go figure.

When it comes to support of the Democratic Party, unions run a distant third, after ordinary people, and the financial services industry.

“This will not end Well”

Since: Oct 10

Ebony Catacomb

#4 Jun 17, 2011
Reality wrote:
Mr Krauthammer somehow links the auto bailouts ( 75% of jobs saved were non union ) with a failure to export.
U S auto exports in 2010 went over 150 billion.( my guess is that number would be smaller if 2 out of 3 didn't exist)( even with Krauthammer math )
"Boeing adds 2000 union positions".... "responce to market conditions" I love it when he contradicts one argument to bolster another.
Union power has been shrinking since 1949, Yet in Krauthammer world they elected President Obama, go figure.
When it comes to support of the Democratic Party, unions run a distant third, after ordinary people, and the financial services industry.
You apparently don't know any ordinary people.
The Sad Part

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jun 17, 2011
That's right! We all want to become serfs! Life is just too good in the USA, we're all too well off. Lets get rid of unions so the big companies can start making some serious money.
TonyM

Los Alamos, NM

#6 Jun 17, 2011
Democrats may cater to union leaders but not particularly union members. There are many people in unions that do not have the same political beliefs as the leadership. Democrats actually thrive on making minorities feel they are inept and need government to support them. They thrive on special interest group politics.
When it comes to so-called ordinary Americans(working middle class) neither party fills the bill.
Reality

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Jun 17, 2011
Noehman Eihaland wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently don't know any ordinary people.
Thats why we have public Campaign Finance Reports. That way we don't have to just make stuff up.
Not Confused

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jun 17, 2011
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats why we have public Campaign Finance Reports. That way we don't have to just make stuff up.
Interesting article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10833...
Not Confused

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jun 17, 2011

The sweep that put Obama in office was the black vote, the young (i.e., inexperienced, gullible naive) vote and ethnicities that looked to benefit from entitlements and living off the public dole. Making the broad statement that BHO was first elected by ordinary people is a disingenous definition of ordinary.
Typical Krautblabber

Las Cruces, NM

#10 Jun 17, 2011
Krautblabber just gets dumber and dumber. But I see his strategy; he's trying to make people think Sarah Palin is smart by comparison.
Not Confused

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jun 17, 2011
Typical Krautblabber wrote:
Krautblabber just gets dumber and dumber. But I see his strategy; he's trying to make people think Sarah Palin is smart by comparison.
And, you make Sarah palin look like Einstein by comparison.
Reality

Las Cruces, NM

#12 Jun 17, 2011
Not Confused wrote:
The sweep that put Obama in office was the black vote, the young (i.e., inexperienced, gullible naive) vote and ethnicities that looked to benefit from entitlements and living off the public dole. Making the broad statement that BHO was first elected by ordinary people is a disingenous definition of ordinary.
I don't know that anyone suggested that President Obama was first elected by ordinary people, but it would seem reasonable. If 50% of men and 56% of women vote for you one would be hard pressed to define "ordinary" in a way that excludes the majority.

If you prefer we could have it your way and just say that everyone is special and that President Obama's supporters are "extraordinary"
Ex- El Paso resident

Las Cruces, NM

#14 Jun 17, 2011
The Sad Part wrote:
That's right! We all want to become serfs! Life is just too good in the USA, we're all too well off. Lets get rid of unions so the big companies can start making some serious money.
Yes,

Let's follow the current pattern and become like Greece.

Broke and collapsing.

Next stop derating of the US credit by Standard and Poors.

The differnce in the systems is if we following the current system of big Government under Dumbama we will all be serfs of the Federal Government when they consume 139% of the GNP!!!

Since: Sep 08

Rio Rancho, NM

#15 Jun 17, 2011
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that anyone suggested that President Obama was first elected by ordinary people, but it would seem reasonable. If 50% of men and 56% of women vote for you one would be hard pressed to define "ordinary" in a way that excludes the majority.
If you prefer we could have it your way and just say that everyone is special and that President Obama's supporters are "extraordinary"
Yeah but Obama FAILED to get the racist vote!
Reality

Las Cruces, NM

#16 Jun 17, 2011
"Campaign Finance Report"... I would have thought that this implied financial support ( sorry to confuse you)

I probably should have said "unafiliated doners earning less than $100,000 per year" instead of "ordinary".

Now if you might share your very special definition of "ordinary" (the one that doesn't include most people)
Reality

Las Cruces, NM

#17 Jun 17, 2011
The above is to help "confused"
cjrian

United States

#19 Jun 17, 2011
Reality wrote:
That's not what the stats say. Unions were 6 of the top ten donors from 1989 - 2010, and 13 of the top 20. For that matter 14 opf the top 20 donors leaned almost exclusively toward Dems. 3 split donations roughly equally between Parties, and the final 3 leaned Repub. The all time top donor group was a Democratic Party organization. Of the top 10, ActBlue, AFSCME, the NEA, the SEIU, the IBEW, the Laborers union, and AFT (teachers) combined, donated OVER $265,692,000 during this time period, nearly exclusively to Dems. The American Bankers Association landed in 20th place, out of 20. Contributions by entire industries are dwarfed by union donations.

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

What you've got is propaganda.
Libs Suck

Los Alamos, NM

#20 Jun 17, 2011
Obama did get the white racists vote. That is exactly what the liberal white male is. They voted for the poh black boy because they feel blacks need white men to take care of them. Liberal white women voted for Obama because liberal white women love their black men. It makes them feel superior to something.
Notsofast

United States

#21 Jun 17, 2011
ROFLMAO, so, that's the secret plan.
Sad part is, Krautpout was one of the best reporters forty years ago.
Fred

Las Cruces, NM

#22 Jun 17, 2011
TonyM wrote:
Democrats may cater to union leaders but not particularly union members. There are many people in unions that do not have the same political beliefs as the leadership. Democrats actually thrive on making minorities feel they are inept and need government to support them. They thrive on special interest group politics.
When it comes to so-called ordinary Americans(working middle class) neither party fills the bill.
There is no such thing as an ORDINARY American.
Fred

Las Cruces, NM

#23 Jun 17, 2011
Alfred E. Neuman is smart when compared to Obama.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Carolina Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2016 Dem hopefuls converge on South Carolina Apr 26 wild child 2
News SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Apr 10 swedenforever 1,169
News Mark Sanford settles ex-wife trespassing disput... (May '13) Feb '15 swedenforever 74
News Santorum staffing up in South Carolina Jan '15 barefoot2626 4
News Michigan GOP Eyes March 2016 Presidential Primary (Sep '14) Sep '14 Pray4us 1
News Judge: Pistorius can't be found guilty of murder (Sep '14) Sep '14 LOLOL 2
News Rabbi Shmuley Boteach: Tiger's Courageous Confe... (Feb '10) Aug '14 boteach banksters 2
More from around the web